Pro Action Reviews

By: Recor

Overall
Overall
Thanks to Recor for sending it out!
  October 12, 2015

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Tastes Great
  • Solid Profile
  • Lean Ingredient Panel

Thank you to SR TROOP and Reaction Nutrition for allowing me to try and review their protein product, ProAction. Again, I apologize for this coming in later than expected as I've been extremely busy with work and family, but as the title states, Pro Action is definitely one of the better tasting proteins I've tried to date with a solid ingredient profile to back it up as well.

I've attached a picture of the full ingredient profile.

Nothing really groundbreaking here with the profile being composed primarily of whey protein isolate, concentrate, and whey peptides, with some artificial sweeteners, which I don't really care too much about...meaning it wouldn't impact my decision on purchasing a product that contained them. 22g protein per scoop, lower carb content with 4g, low sugar, and low fat as well...pretty lean profile which makes it easy to fit into your macros.

(9.0)
    I received the milk chocolate flavor and it tastes awesome. Reminds me of a very rich chocolate...it's pretty sweet, but not too overpowering. I often mixed it with instant coffee first thing in the morning and it was a great way to start my day off. No issues with mixing either...mixed well in a blender and with my shakers. Also made reeses oatmeal with this (1/2 cup of rolled oats, 1 scoop of ProAction whey, and 2 tbsp of natural peanut butter = amazing)

(8.5)
    I mean at the end of the day, it's protein and a really convenient way to hit your protein macros for the day. The main things I'll note here is that even tho there's not a slower digesting protein like egg or casein, 2 scoops usually did the job and kept me content until my next meal -- in regard to using this as my breakfast coffee. I also experienced no digestion issues as well...no running to the bathroom shortly after drinking the shakes and none of the dreaded whey protein gas. Plus, if you're looking for a protein to use for a dessert substitute at the end of the day (for those who have a big sweet tooth like myself), this is an excellent choice to overcome those sweet tooth cravings.

(8.0)
    You can find a 2lb tub (32 scoops) of this for around $30 which is very competitive with most protein powders available today. And typically the larger tub you purchase the better the value, and I've seen the 5lb tubs right around the $58 range, which is on par with ON's Gold Standard and similar products. The main selling point here would be the great taste Pro Action has to offer, as well as the solid profile.

Side Effects

No issues here...nothing with digestion/protein farts.

Conclusion

Overall, I enjoyed using this as a breakfast substitute, as post workout nutrition (regardless of your opinion on post workout nutrition/anabolic window), and/or as a snack to hit my protein goals for the day. It's definitely one of the better tasting proteins I've tried so far, has a solid ingredient profile to back up the taste, and you can purchase a tub of this for around the same price as the competition. I would highly recommend others to give this a shot who are in the market for a new protein and want to try something new. The chocolate covered strawberry flavor is definitely intriguing from the reviews I've read and I'm thinking I'll pick up a tub of this in the near future. Again, thank you SR TROOP and Reaction Nutrition for sending me out a tub to test and review!
    • Milk Chocolate: 9/10