Pro Action Reviews

By: Recor

Overall
Overall
Thanks to Recor for sending it out!
  October 29, 2015

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Fully Disclosed Amino Profile
  • Micro Filtered Whey Isolate
  • Amazing Taste
  • Mixed Great
  • No GI Issues
  • Mid Range Protein Quantity
Introduction:

Thank you to the SR Troops program and to the overly generous people at Reaction Nutrition. I provided them 3 of my top flavor choices and they sent me one tub of each flavor. I am happily working through all 3.

Whey protein is a staple for me, I have at least one serving per day, in addition to my high protein whole food diet. This is not a meal replacement at 114 calories with water or even if had with whole milk. This is to supplement your daily protein requirements. You will not get huge, just by taking this product alone.

This was my first shot at a Reaction Nutrition product.

I have probably tried several dozens of different proteins in my life, dating back to the first Twin Lab products in the late 80's, early 90's.

What I look for in a quality protein:

Taste-I want to drink something that tastes good

Quality-mixes well, fine powder, no clumps

Digestion-a protein that is easy on my GI tract, no bloating, excessive gas etc.

Ingredient Profile:

A pretty straight forward mix of whey filtered isolate and whey concentrate. 114 calories for the powder only and 22 grams of protein per serving. There are a few filler ingredients in here, which some people may find offensive, but I am sure the air we breath everyday is more harmful than a once a day protein supplement.

Taste: One word YUM, Nesquik Strawberry yummy!! This was a lighter and sweeter version of the exact taste of Strawberry Nesquik powder. It was very good in water and amazing in whole milk. One of the top 3 tasting proteins I have ever had.

Mixability: This mixed great in a shaker cup, a few shakes with water or whole milk and it was fully dissolved. This is a very fine powder.I have one minor issue, if I chugged this asap, there was a foam as the bottom of my shaker cup. If I waited for about 5 minutes, and let the product settle, the foam was not apparent.

Dosing: 1 serving per day with either whole milk or water post workout, sometimes upon getting up

Very tough to judge a whey protein. It was effective in that it did not cause me any GI issues, it digested very well for me. Did the job in supplementing my daily protein requirements and the taste was downright amazing, not too sweet, just right. Some BCAA's for recovery. I cannot say these aided me in a noticeable way, but hopefully they had some underlying positive effect.

Value:

As of this review, this very second, Amazon has it for $29.99 for a 2 lb tub. Checking my abacus again, that comes out to about .937 cents per serving. Decent value for not causing me any GI issues.

Side Effects:

No side effects to report.

Conclusion:

I enjoyed this product. A whey protein that doesn't cause any GI issues, with a middle of the road profile, which tastes amazing, yes please. The normal range of my "go to" proteins of choice is $25-29.99 for a 2lb tub, so for me, this falls within my personal buy range.
  • Strawberry: 10/10