Pro Action Reviews

By: Recor

Protein > Blended Protein
Pro Action is a Blended Protein Powder manufactured by Recor. It contains a blend of different types of protein and will promote lean muscle mass and fat loss.

November 12, 2015

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Peptides
  • Fully Disclosed Amino Profile
  • Artificial Sweeteners
  • Meh Meh Meh
  • Spoons And Cups Are A No-go
First off, I'd like to say thank you to the representatives of Reaction Nutrition, and apologize for my lateness. I have experienced an unexpected bout of seizures lately that have really thrown me for a spin.

Intro & Profile:
Reaction Nutrition's Pro Action is their attempt at breaking into the market for post workout protein supplements. Its profile is similar to popular proteins like Optimum's Gold Standard Whey and Muscletech's Platinum Whey. The blend consists of three forms of whey - isolate, concentrate, and peptides, in that order. Obviously, isolate is a purer, more bioavailable form, which means that you are getting a quality protein source as the number one ingredient. The blend also features peptides, which are shorter chains of amino acids broken down for faster digestion. However, those looking for an ultra-clean supplement for use during the "post workout window," may want to look elsewhere. The profile contains four grams of carbohydrates (two of which are sugars) and three grams of fat. The carbs come from maltodextrin and modified food starch, and the fat comes from coconut oil. Personally, I do not find these totals to be a huge deal. But, if given the choice I might choose to steer away from whey proteins with intentionally elevated fat content, despite its fats coming from a good source. Reaction Nutrition does disclose the product's amino acid content, which is always nice. Its BCAA amounts appear to fall in line with others who reveal their amounts. All in all, I do not feel Pro Action's ingredient label provides much incentive to buy

Mixability & Digestibility:
Here is where I will evaluate the effectiveness of this supplement. As you are probably aware, it is very difficult to evaluate the effectiveness of a protein due to a multitude of factors. I cannot attribute any improved recovery or size gains to this product alone. What I can do is tell you that I noticed no difference in digestibility with this product. I was not impressed with its mixability; a shaker cup is required, unless you want to be eating chunks. It is not the worst I have ever had (not even close), but it is not good.

Flavor & Usage:
I had the milk chocolate flavor, and the taste was fairly enjoyable. It had a creamy texture, possibly due to the coconut oil and/or starch added. This was neither a positive nor a negative for me; it was not creamy in a milky, hot cocoa sort of way, just in an unnecessary coffee creamer sort of way. Still, the taste was good, and I would sometimes use it to drown out the taste of my vanilla Wheybolic. When I used Pro Action by itself, I would mix one and a half scoops in approximately 8-9 ounces of water in a shaker cup and drink it post workout. I generally did not use this protein throughout the day, as it did not mix well. Besides, I believe in eating whole foods to reach dietary needs at all other times throughout the day. I also used Pro Action for baking once. I used three quarters of a cup to make my chocolate peanut butter protein cookies, and it worked well. The creamy texture was instantly noticeable, which was a positive in this case.

Value:
The price point of Pro Action is very comparable to similar proteins. Online, a two pound tub will run you about $32, and five pounds approximately $57. Reaction Nutrition is currently carried by big name supplement retailers like tigerfitness.com, despite not having much of a track record. Kudos to them for that.

Conclusion:
Overall, this is a solid protein supplement that simply blends in in just about every way. While I wouldn't avoid using it again in the future, there is nothing that will compel me to seek out and purchase it again. Reaction Nutrition Pro Action is simply another whey protein that fails to stand out.
  • Milk Chocolate: 7/10

October 29, 2015

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Fully Disclosed Amino Profile
  • Micro Filtered Whey Isolate
  • Amazing Taste
  • Mixed Great
  • No GI Issues
  • Mid Range Protein Quantity
Introduction:

Thank you to the SR Troops program and to the overly generous people at Reaction Nutrition. I provided them 3 of my top flavor choices and they sent me one tub of each flavor. I am happily working through all 3.

Whey protein is a staple for me, I have at least one serving per day, in addition to my high protein whole food diet. This is not a meal replacement at 114 calories with water or even if had with whole milk. This is to supplement your daily protein requirements. You will not get huge, just by taking this product alone.

This was my first shot at a Reaction Nutrition product.

I have probably tried several dozens of different proteins in my life, dating back to the first Twin Lab products in the late 80's, early 90's.

What I look for in a quality protein:

Taste-I want to drink something that tastes good

Quality-mixes well, fine powder, no clumps

Digestion-a protein that is easy on my GI tract, no bloating, excessive gas etc.

Ingredient Profile:

A pretty straight forward mix of whey filtered isolate and whey concentrate. 114 calories for the powder only and 22 grams of protein per serving. There are a few filler ingredients in here, which some people may find offensive, but I am sure the air we breath everyday is more harmful than a once a day protein supplement.

Taste: One word YUM, Nesquik Strawberry yummy!! This was a lighter and sweeter version of the exact taste of Strawberry Nesquik powder. It was very good in water and amazing in whole milk. One of the top 3 tasting proteins I have ever had.

Mixability: This mixed great in a shaker cup, a few shakes with water or whole milk and it was fully dissolved. This is a very fine powder.I have one minor issue, if I chugged this asap, there was a foam as the bottom of my shaker cup. If I waited for about 5 minutes, and let the product settle, the foam was not apparent.

Dosing: 1 serving per day with either whole milk or water post workout, sometimes upon getting up

Very tough to judge a whey protein. It was effective in that it did not cause me any GI issues, it digested very well for me. Did the job in supplementing my daily protein requirements and the taste was downright amazing, not too sweet, just right. Some BCAA's for recovery. I cannot say these aided me in a noticeable way, but hopefully they had some underlying positive effect.

Value:

As of this review, this very second, Amazon has it for $29.99 for a 2 lb tub. Checking my abacus again, that comes out to about .937 cents per serving. Decent value for not causing me any GI issues.

Side Effects:

No side effects to report.

Conclusion:

I enjoyed this product. A whey protein that doesn't cause any GI issues, with a middle of the road profile, which tastes amazing, yes please. The normal range of my "go to" proteins of choice is $25-29.99 for a 2lb tub, so for me, this falls within my personal buy range.
  • Strawberry: 10/10

October 25, 2015

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Tastes Great
  • Micro Filtered Whey Isolate
  • Mid Range Protein Quantity
Protein powders are a dime a dozen, and the more quality the protein the more costly the product becomes. With a market so saturated with protein powders what is it that makes companies want to put out their own? Is it because they think they have the best ratio of concentrate/isolate etc? Is it because they believe they can make it the tastiest protein ever? Or is it because they can put up a "quality" protein and upcharge it compared to others? We can only speculate, but in recent years protein powders have gone up in price and not because of quality mind you. So we need to utilize our resources and find out how effective or how good the quality of the ingredients are before we dive further in spending our money.

Formula
Micro filtered whey protein isolate is the first ingredient and it is not disclosed the amount (which is common among retailers currently), but it is included without a matrix of sorts meaning that it being the first ingredient shows it is in the highest amount of all the ingredients. WPI micro filtered is the MAC DADDY of they all, it is the most pure protein type if done correctly. In addition it also losing most if not all the lactose components making it friendly for all stomachs, also excluding almost if not all fats/cholesterol. This may not be important to you right now, but if you are someone that is really turned in on a diet these factors may become more important. Next Whey Protein Concentrate is here, and this could be good or bad. Why bad? "Is the cheapest whey protein, Is denatured the beneficial protein structures are destroyed, Contains higher amounts of cholesterol, oxidized to a large degree." So things are getting a bit rockier now, but wait because you may not like what fillers are included on this label: Maltodextrin, MODIFIED Food Starch, Sucralose, Xanthan Gum, Acesulfame Potassium, Lecithin, Sipernat 50 (Silica). For various reasons people may not like some of those filler ingredients, but lets just say this product is not ALL NATURAL and most powders aren't but some products are without these. I at first was interested in why Reaction Nutrition went with Modified Food Starch, but if you look closely enough it was to remove the Gluten. Do your research, check reviews, and find out for yourself about what you are actually consuming or if you are just wasting your money. Below are a couple links that are helpful, but the internet is filled with information about these ingredients and different forms of protein.

Each serving contains 22g of protein in the 28.35g scoop, this breaks down to 77.6% protein per scoop which is in the medium range. I will say that most Blends are not all in the high 70% as Pro Action, but rather in the mid 60%. If this product was in the 80's or 90's I would score it higher, but with the price and content it does suffer a lighter score.

Mixability/Taste/Dosing
Mixes fine with no clumping in my experience, but did have some sediment on the bottom which appears to be brown and I have no clue what (maybe the flavoring?). The mixture was rather thin as protein powders are concerned, of course with water that is. The taste was just as you would expect in a "Strawberry" flavor as I received, with a lingering taste but nothing foul. The dosing was partially done Post Workout as 2 servings, and also for some meals as pancakes etc.

Effectiveness (7.7/10)
"Protein powder is meant to help you get in the Protein Macronutrients you need, but can also aid in recovery due to the Naturally Occurring BCAA's which aided in recovery. I never really felt bloated or "yuck" while taking it, which has happened to me with other protein products before." I feel this product performed just as well as any other blended/non blended whey protein, and aided in my recovery potentially leading to more muscle mass.

Value (8.0/10)
This is where it is a bit surprising with Reaction Nutrition, as with the Hemo Nox I was expecting the price to be expensive but what we get here with Pro Action is a base line price of $30 for 2lbs which is the market average for big box stores. In the 2lbs we have 32 servings, coming to $0.93 a serving which does not compare to the other blended proteins on the market (this costs more). Now for the extra money you are getting some higher quality protein, which hopefully is making it past the stomach. Being this is still a blended protein powder along with the fact it is a higher quality of protein with the inclusion of the Micro Filtered Whey Protein Isolate I consider this "Great value. I don't mind paying this much for what you get"

Overall (7.3/10)
This protein powder is mid-range for me, but it does contain a higher protein quality for some of it even though we do not know the exact amount. I feel this product is appropriately priced to be in the crowded market of blended protein powders, but doesn't really stand out. You can find higher % proteins from other companies for even cheaper, although you won't find Micro Filtered Whey Protein Isolate. This was a good product, but I wouldn't recommend this protein powder over many others and definitely not the first product that would come to mind.
  • Strawberry: 9/10

October 23, 2015

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Tastes Great
  • Artificial Sweeteners

We all love our protein, regardless of whether your cutting or bulking you need a certain amount. So when new protein supplements come up on review they don't stay there long. I was lucky enough to snag a jug of this from a company I had never heard of. Reaction Nutrition seems to have been around for a little while but this was the 1st o had seen them I believe I had noticed some of their products on Tigerfitness a few days earlier but this was my 1st shot to try them.

There really isn't anything too special here, you get a blend of a few types of whey protein with 22 grams per scoop, 3 grams of fat, and 4 carbs 2 of which are sugars. There are cleaner proteins out there but for the average joe lifter/bodybuilder this will fit in with just about any diet. They also list the amino acid profile with the nutrition facts as well.

This comes in 5 flavors at the moment, I received the milk chocolate, because now days its hard to mess up chocolate and vanilla in any flavor just never really sits right with me. This was a tad bit artificial tasting but not bad. I drank this usually within an hour of my workout post, and I never felt sick or nauseous.
Mixability in a blender bottle was always great, no clumping or leftover powder at the bottom.
Dosing is like all protein mix a scoop with 8-10 oz of beverage of choice to meet you protein needs.

I always judge my proteins effectiveness on how my stomach tolerates it. Protein itself is always effective as long as your getting the amount that's on the label. I mixed this and took it normally about 30mins to an hour post workout. There were a few days when I used it as breakfast, but most of the time my protein powder gets used post. During the whole tub I never noticed any bloating, cramps, or the dreaded protein farts. I was on a bulk and I continuously put on lean weight, so it helped me meet my macros. Another thing I noticed while on this is I felt fuller longer, sometimes when you use simply whey it digests rather quickly compared to a blend with casein or other types in there, but on this the hunger seemed to stay on edge a little longer than normal. Could have been in my mind, but just thought t was worth noting..

You can find this on a couple sites for around 29.99, you can hunt down cheaper deals out there, but this is pretty average for a whey blend. If you really enjoy the taste I wouldn't hesitate to spend the money.

Side Effects

Conclusion

All in all I enjoyed this product, I would use it again eventually. Its not necessarily my favorite by any means but it tasted above average and got it job done. Thanks to Reaction for letting us try out this product, looking forward to more in the future keep up the good work.
  • Milk Chocolate: 8/10

October 14, 2015

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Tastes Great
  • Artificial Sweeteners
First I want to start off by thanking the people at Reaction Nutrition for letting us Troopers have the chance to try this product and a few of their other products which I did and the reviews for them will be coming also. For a newer company I give them a lot of credit for the great product they were able to come out with. I am always in the need for more protein and when I saw this was up for grabs I had to try it. Lately I feel I have been needing more and more protein and when I can find a decent protein like this I find it pretty hard to want to past up on.

Ingredients:
This I feel has a pretty solid profile. It's nothing real new but it does consist of a blend of whey protein isolate, concentrate, and whey peptides. It's nice to see this is a more of clean protein without a lot of extra stuff in it. It's not going to be hard on your system or give you any digestion issues you will have to deal with coming from a profile like this. This is also good for someone needing to hit their macros because it's more of a leaner profile.

Value:
You can find this on tigerfitness.com for $29.99 for the 2lb tub 32 servings and $57.99 for the 5lb tub 80 servings. I think for a protein like this the price is pretty decent and worth the price for what you get.

Taste:
I am always up for wanting to try different flavors rather than just your normal chocolate or vanilla all the time. I seen they had a chocolate covered strawberry flavor and decided to give it a try. I have to say I was rather impressed with this flavor and enjoyed it a lot. It was maybe just a little to sweet for me but it's still was pretty good. The flavor of this was very good easy on my stomach and will not give you any issues to worry about. I see they have a orange creamsicle flavor also which sounds like it would be pretty good also and would like to try that next.

Mixing/Dosing:
Mixes very well and you will have no issues at all with it mixing. It has a very fine powder to it and mixes very quickly. I did get some foam with this but I blame that on the creatine product I was mixing with this. Normally this would not foam up on it's own so it had to be the creatine that caused some of the foam. Also there was no clumping with this. I took this mainly post workout. I used one scoop each time and you get 32 servings total. This is when I mainly take my protein post workout. I could see taking this early morning also if you need a little extra protein.

Protein can be hard to tell how well it works and the best way I know if it's working or not is how well my stomach handles it and if I have any digestion issues with it. I know some proteins may cause you bathroom issues which are not always fun to deal with. Protein that causes these problems I feel have things in here you do not want and has more cheaper grade proteins. I thought this was very good on my stomach and never caused me any digestion issues at all which was nice. I noticed every time I took this it made me feel more full. It was not real heavy on my stomach but enough to were I felt more full for awhile after my workouts. If your looking for a nice little snack that will help take away some of your hunger this I think would be great to have. I think the added peptides in this really helped with better digestion so you don't have issues with that which is nice. Had no bathroom issues at all with this product which is always nice to not have to deal with. I felt this was pretty decent at helping me better recovery after some of my harder workouts. I think this helped me at putting on some more leaner muscle mass. I noticed I leaned up more while on this and was putting on more muscle which did not look all bloated like. I feel this was just what I was looking for in a protein and very effective.

Side Effects:
Nothing I noticed.

Overall:
This was a protein I was very pleased with. I think this performed well for me and is a great protein with a solid profile. You want a decent protein that won't give you any stomach or digestive issues then I would highly recommend giving this a try. Also it is a great tasting protein you will really enjoy drinking. The price for this is price pretty decent I think and won't totally destroy your wallet. This would be a protein I would for sure be willing to use again. I hope more sites can start picking this up and believe they will just a matter of time. If you get a chance I would highly recommend you check out some of there other products also.
  • Chocolate covered strawberry: 9/10

October 13, 2015

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Tastes Great
  • Artificial Sweeteners

Want to give a huge thank you to SR and Reaction Nutrition for letting me run Pro Action and a few of their other products, that I will be reviewing once I'm done. I first used Reaction Nutrition's supplement in 2014, before the PH ban. They had an Epistane product called EDGE, came with 90 pills of 18mg (I think) of Epi. It was my first ever PH cycle and turned out fantastic, I was very eager to see what quality they are bringing in their Recor Series.

Per scoop of 28.35G you get 3g of Fat, 4g of Carbs and 22g of Protein.
Made of whey protein isolate and whey concentrate.
Nothing amazing here, just quality protein.
There is also Maltodextrin and Modified Food Starch,which I am not excited about but im sure its a marginal amount.

Simple dosing, 1 scoop whenever you want/need 22g of protein.
I only mixed it with water, and I'm sipping on the last 2 scoops currently and still enjoying the taste. I had the Orange Creamcicle flavour and it was great. I never had Orange flavoured protein, this was my first. Tasted great , not too sweet or overwhelming. It sorta tasted creamy which was interesting since I only mixed it with water.

As most protein supplements this is just a dietary need. It does provide good recovery when taken after your workout, perhaps due to inclusion of Isolates. It helps you have some protein after lifting as a can of tuna isn't as convenient. The 4g of carbs allow you to have this protein even if you're low carbing at that stage. In the end its protein and protein builds muscle!

I would compare this protein to something like Optimum Gold Standard, which has been around for a while. That product does cost less around $30 for a 2 LB tub. You can get a tub of pro action for $32.95 with free shipping (gotta get more than $35 worth of stuff ) from Amazon. 3 dollar difference isn't that much for me just to try some new cool flavours. Good value IMO.

Side Effects

No side effects from this product.

Conclusion

Pro Action is a great protein at a decent price. If you're on the market for a protein supplement and want to try some interesting flavours that aren't provided by your usual source, give this a try. Big thank you to Reaction Nutrition, more reviews of their products coming soon.
  • Orange Creamcicle: 9/10

October 12, 2015

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Tastes Great
  • Did Not Mix Well In Milk
  • Slight After Taste With More Water

Thank you Reaction Nutrition and SR.com for giving me a chance to try this 2 pound container of Pro Action Whey Protein. 37 year old dude - got back into the gym about 6-8 months ago. I am always looking for ways to help recover from workouts as the regimen I am currently running (and was running during the time I used PRO ACTION) takes the muscle to failure.

When I saw this come up on the TROOP board I was hoping that I would get a shot to try this because I am always looking for different proteins due to the fact that proteins are a staple and I feel that you just cannot have too many alternatives. At the time, Reaction Nutrition had several products on the TROOP board, so I was able to run this with their PRE ACTION and AMINO ACTION products. During the time I used this product I was also supplementing with creatine, and AI, a natural Test Booster, and another Glutamine blended product - for part or all of the time I used PRO ACTION.

This is a blended whey protein supplement. So you would expect it to have blends of Whey Protein in it - and it does. It lists micro-filtered Whey Protein Isolate and Whey Protein Concentrate as the first two items in this product. Some of the other ingredients listed are some fillers/flavors - see the label below.

This product delivers 22 grams of protein from each 28.35 gram scoop. It has a small amount of fat (1 gram) and carbs (3 grams) - so it will fit those that are cutting and need a good tasting protein.

RN does a nice job of breaking down the amino profile as well. you get 4.8g of Leucine/Valine/Isoleucine in the classic 2:1:1 form. I appreciate the fact that they do break down the amino profile so that you know what you are getting.

This product does contain Ace K and Sucralose. Both of these artificial sweeteners can have negative sides with long term use, as I am sure most all of you are aware of. Here is a good rundown on artificial sweeteners and a general overview of the negative sides. https://labdoor.com/article/aspartame-vs-sucralose-vs-saccharin-safety-and-side-effects

This stuff tastes pretty darn good. I ordered up the Chocolate Covered Strawberry and I must say, when dosed properly, it tastes pretty terrific. What I mean by dosed properly is, when one scoop is used in 8-10 ounces of water - it is spot on. I normally mix up my post in 20 ounces and noticed a slight chemical after taste when dosed like this.

As for mixing - it gets high marks when mixed with water. No clumping, no issues. When I mixed it with skim milk it was not so good. The protein was grainy and you could tell there was some residual powder in it. I tried it with 10 oz and 20 oz to the same result. I also mixed this in plain greek yogurt and it was delicious. They really nailed the chocolate covered strawberry flavor with this one...

Dosing was simple - as I needed protein I would call on this product. However, I used this more POST workout than anything.

It was protein. It helped me meet my daily protein intake goals and I am sure it helped me recover. This was the only protein powder I was taking religiously throughout the day when I ran this so it was responsible for any protein drink related benefits.

I did notice that it wasn't all that filling. Within an hour or so after taking this I was still pretty hungry. Still I feel like this product helped me build muscle and recover after my workouts.

You can grab this on Amazon for $32.95 for 2 pounds (32 servings) or $57.95 for 5 pounds (80 servings) - both options are free shipping. That is a $0.73-1.00 range - which is in the same arena of the other big dogs in the blended protein market.

Side Effects

Conclusion

This was a great tasting protein with a fully disclosed label at a competitive cost. This product will help you hit your macros and recover from those hard grinding workouts. If you use it as a post you will be looking forward to that end of work out treat! There is no doubt you should give this a shot if you good tasting, fully disclosed protein is important to you.
  • Chocolate covered strawberry: 9/10

October 12, 2015

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Tastes Great
  • Lean Ingredient Panel

Thank you to SR TROOP and Reaction Nutrition for allowing me to try and review their protein product, ProAction. Again, I apologize for this coming in later than expected as I've been extremely busy with work and family, but as the title states, Pro Action is definitely one of the better tasting proteins I've tried to date with a solid ingredient profile to back it up as well.

I've attached a picture of the full ingredient profile.

Nothing really groundbreaking here with the profile being composed primarily of whey protein isolate, concentrate, and whey peptides, with some artificial sweeteners, which I don't really care too much about...meaning it wouldn't impact my decision on purchasing a product that contained them. 22g protein per scoop, lower carb content with 4g, low sugar, and low fat as well...pretty lean profile which makes it easy to fit into your macros.

(9.0)
    I received the milk chocolate flavor and it tastes awesome. Reminds me of a very rich chocolate...it's pretty sweet, but not too overpowering. I often mixed it with instant coffee first thing in the morning and it was a great way to start my day off. No issues with mixing either...mixed well in a blender and with my shakers. Also made reeses oatmeal with this (1/2 cup of rolled oats, 1 scoop of ProAction whey, and 2 tbsp of natural peanut butter = amazing)

(8.5)
    I mean at the end of the day, it's protein and a really convenient way to hit your protein macros for the day. The main things I'll note here is that even tho there's not a slower digesting protein like egg or casein, 2 scoops usually did the job and kept me content until my next meal -- in regard to using this as my breakfast coffee. I also experienced no digestion issues as well...no running to the bathroom shortly after drinking the shakes and none of the dreaded whey protein gas. Plus, if you're looking for a protein to use for a dessert substitute at the end of the day (for those who have a big sweet tooth like myself), this is an excellent choice to overcome those sweet tooth cravings.

(8.0)
    You can find a 2lb tub (32 scoops) of this for around $30 which is very competitive with most protein powders available today. And typically the larger tub you purchase the better the value, and I've seen the 5lb tubs right around the $58 range, which is on par with ON's Gold Standard and similar products. The main selling point here would be the great taste Pro Action has to offer, as well as the solid profile.

Side Effects

No issues here...nothing with digestion/protein farts.

Conclusion

Overall, I enjoyed using this as a breakfast substitute, as post workout nutrition (regardless of your opinion on post workout nutrition/anabolic window), and/or as a snack to hit my protein goals for the day. It's definitely one of the better tasting proteins I've tried so far, has a solid ingredient profile to back up the taste, and you can purchase a tub of this for around the same price as the competition. I would highly recommend others to give this a shot who are in the market for a new protein and want to try something new. The chocolate covered strawberry flavor is definitely intriguing from the reviews I've read and I'm thinking I'll pick up a tub of this in the near future. Again, thank you SR TROOP and Reaction Nutrition for sending me out a tub to test and review!
    • Milk Chocolate: 9/10

October 8, 2015

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Tastes Great
    • Peptides
      Well I finally have some time to sit down and write this review. Been meaning to for a week now. First A huge thank you to the people at Reaction nutrition for giving SR.com for a chance to try this. Now first this brand actually has 4 brands within itself, or that is the best I can explain.
      You have a RX clinical, Recor, ( which is where this is from ) and then you have Blue chip, ( Which I have the Glutamine from ) last but not least is the Xtreme technology.
      Here is the site if you want to take a look. http://www.reactionnutrition.com/

Profile
      Well first thing I noticed was that this being a blend, the first ingredient is Micro filtered whey protein isolate, next was whey concentrate, and then some whey peptides also. Some other additions to it but those are the important parts for me.
      I feel this was a good profile and as with any protein it mainly matters on how well it digests .

Taste 100!!
      Seriously , I held on to the last 3 or 4 scoops because,, well I did not want it to end.! I had the chocolate covered strawberry and guys this is super tasty, I can normally drink any flavor protein and could really care less , as long as my stomach can take it and the profile is decent, but this blows most of everything I have tried. I really want to try the Orange creamsicle because that sounds great too.

Mixing 9
      With a blender bottle you will never have an issue, Its really fine powder and mixed super fast and easy, NO foam, No sinkers, No clumps.

Well as with proteins you have to be able to first stomach it, some have been known to upset a stomach , give an emergency need of a bathroom and other things. These are things I DO NOT WANT. I feel that the ones that does this are mostly the ones that have a poor profile and too many unneeded additives.
      But with this I never had a bad stomach issue. This was filling but not heavy and not too light like most Isolates are. I feel the peptides do help with digestion.
      Recovery stayed on par with what I would expect. I have been trying to have more real food in me and not so much supplemented whey drinks , I have put a few lbs on but I feel that having a nice protein drink once or twice a day is enough for me. I would normally use 2 scoops in the mornings and that would hold me over for a good while. Overall I was happy with this for effectiveness.

Value 8
      As much as I enjoyed taking this, I do not mind paying for this. This runs around 40 bucks for 32 serving tub on their site, but I did find it on Amazon for 32 bucks for the same size . Also if you are someone that is super picking about flavor, this is your baby and worth every penny.
      Also it is on tiger fitness as well and it was 57 bucks for 80 serving tub , well worth the price.

Overall.
      Reaction Nutrition has some a great protein here as far as I am concerned. I suggest you to take a look at all the products they have available, this maybe a brand that we start seeing a lot more of. Thank you very much for letting me try this delicious protein.
      • Chocolate covered strawberry: 10/10

September 28, 2015

Pros:
       Cons:
      • Tastes Great

Hello and welcome to the review. I am a 43 year old who continues to work out using weights, cardio, and anything else I can think off. I am currently working on loosing weight as that scale has crept up on me. I received a tub of Reaction Nutrition's Milk Chocolate through our trooper program, so I would like to thank the company and SR Reviews for having the program. I used this product in a multitude of ways, first thing in the morning, post workout, afternoon shake, as well as just a tasty treat. Now that we have that out of the way here comes the rest of the review. Also my dosing is in the below log if you choose to look.

So the ingredients are pretty easy. Most important the first two ingredients are protein. That is clean. Something I always check is how much extra stuff is in here, so this is what I look at.
        Protein 22 g
        carbs 4 grams
        fat 3 grams
        tot 29 grams

Problem? serving size is listed at 28.35 grams, not a big deal but normally when I add them up it leaves a few grams for flavoring, anti caking, etc.

I mixed this product in anywhere from 8 to 14?ounces. I found that over 11 ounces the flavor had an odd chemical aftertaste. But I really enjoyed drinking this. In fact I had my daughter try a sip and she also approved of the flavor, (I am not the best judge of flavor so I figured I'd get a second opinion). Is this the best tasting protein I've had, no but if the label is accurate it is a much cleaner protein.

I mixed this in a shaker bottle with the little ball in it and had no problems whatsoever. At the lower water amounts it was obviously thicker so it clung to the sides a little bit more, but it still mixed in rather well.

Dosing is rather simple 1 scoop for a serving. Now I do not have a scale nor am I that concerned about it. If it is close it won't ruin my life. It is after all just added protein.

As I stated in my introduction I used this as I do all proteins, whenever and whatever I feel like it in order to help me hit enough protein, and stop me from eating bad food. That being said this product worked as well as my current staple MTS Machine whey. I did find that this didn't stop me from being hungry in a little while unless I added some fiber, but that was expected as there is no fiber in this product.

So looking at value if you go to their website it is listed at $39.95 or $1.25 per serving without shipping. At tiger fitness it is listed at $29.99 or $ 0.94 per serving without shipping. I personally think that this is a very reasonable price, my current go to protein is $.91 per serving so I say good to go. They also offer a bigger jug which at tiger fitness drops the cost to $0.80.

Side Effects

I had no negative sides associated with protein powders. As for positives I did continue to enjoy less muscle soreness. However I am also supplementing with Reaction Nutritions BCAA's so it is a combination of both products in my opinion.

Conclusion

My final say on this product is to give it a try. If you are looking at trying something new, but also something that tastes great than jump on board and give it a try. The flavors available are, Chocolate covered strawberry, Milk Chocolate, Orange Creamsicle, Strawberry, and Vanilla Bean. So enough flavors to satisfy most people. Reaction Nutrition is a product I hadn't tried before but will be buying in the future. Of course I will look for sales and some free shipping, but that's just me.