Pre Action Reviews

By: Recor

Pre Action is a Pre-Workout manufactured by Recor. It is designed to help provide a pre-training advantage by increasing mental focus, muscle performance, endurance and blood flow. This creates an environment optimal for increasing muscle mass and losing body fat.

November 5, 2015

• Chemical Dyes

Hello all, I would like to thank SRTrooper program and Reaction Nutrition for the opportunity to try out Pre Action. Currently I am on a very slow cut, ya know the kind of cut that sometimes allows cheats and is indicative of my 43 years of experience on this planet. So workouts are in the 10 rep range, cardio is a nice slow walk in front of the big screen. As well as various TKD Training as well.

Well well well. Some people have found the black flakes off putting. (I put one on the ol finger added water and BAMB coloring it was) Now this is not the most dyed product they have (that would be HEMO Nox) but still people drop them they don't add anything. So everything is listed out on the list, however at one scoop certain things are under dosed in my opinion.
Beta Alanine, (would need 2 scoops). Creatine not enough either and most people use a stand alone anyway. They also have L-Arginine but from what I recall it is under dosed, but not terribly. 1200mg dosages have shown benefits.

Then we have a blend for Amino Acids, not a bad addition but I am not sure how helpful.

Lastly I would like to talk about the Intense energy Matrix. This has a few of the new standard products. My problem is the 350 Milligrams of caffeine. Now I know I am tolerant but I didn't want to 2 scoop this as it would be up to 700 mg in a single dose. I try not to do that anymore. The problem is this caffeine didn't seem to hit me like 350mg should? I am not sure why but I used other caffeine during this run that had smaller dosages and hit me harder.

I received the Skyburst flavor and a few guys say it is a slight skittles flavor. I guess we can go with that. I found it easy to drink with 7 to 11 Ounces of water. Shake it in a shaker cup and you are good to go. I only noticed product settling when I added stuff. (Beta Alanine and Creapure).

Dosing was really easy. However as stated above I would of liked more of certain ingredients or a little less caffeine so I could justify 2 scooping this bad boy.

Well, I had energy throughout my workouts on this product. Cracked out laser focused kill the gym? ahh no. But I really am not looking for that anymore anyway. I can motivate myself. I just like a little pick me up and I felt this delivered for me. One other thing to note for me is that I didn't have a caffeine crash, this is extremely important to me as I work out early in the morning and then still have to complete my day.

www.tigerfitness.com this is running $34.99. So at one scoop I felt this was a good value, less than a dollar a workout for a little boost. Now if you decide that you want 2 scoops, then it gets a little pricey. If you go past that good luck, even the company says not to exceed 2 scoops.
So because I only used one scoop, I feel it is a good value for me, 40 workouts off of one tub.

Side Effects

I received a little bump in energy, a little more sweat. On some days it gave me more mental clarity? (vision seemed more bright).
I didn't have any negative side effects.

Conclusion

All in all I have been impressed with this company. I think if they rework some of the ingredient profiles they could have some stellar products. In a category that has numerous new and improved products I think this fits right in there. I would recommend it to people to give it a try. Because the caffeine is dosed at a number that doesn't really allow for a lot of play for most people I would recommend this as a "normal" lifting day pre workout. If you have a hard leg day or something I would use Nutra Bio's or for me FinaFlex Stimul8 for massive energy.
  • Sky Burst: 8/10

November 4, 2015

• Increased Irritability

Big thanks to Reaction Nutrition for allowing me to try this product out! My goal is size and strength gain. I took this product hoping to gain a neural edge and blast through my plateaus. I was excited to take this product, I'm somewhat of a stimulant junkie and was ready to see what effect Pre Action would have on me.

I like that the product has creatine but it is extremely under-dosed, even for just the maintenance phase. If you are wanting looking for a product to reap the benefits of creatine and a pre-workout, I would look elsewhere. Pre Action has plenty of caffeine so this helps its effects as a stimulant.

I just took the recommended dose with water, I never took over 1.5 scoops. I did feel a difference with 1.5 scoops though. I had more energy and endurance. I had the Orange Xplosion and it tasted great!

This product gave me a clean but small adrenaline rush. I really did not feel a significant increase in endurance with 1 scoop. The pump was there but it paled in comparison to other products. As far as just being stimulated though, I felt that. I was energized and able to focus for at least the first 30 minutes of the workout. Gave me a nice neural drive, I was really able to focus on big lifts on days that I did low rep, high weight work. I think the biggest pro was the increase in focus. I gained over 3 pounds of muscle while using this product but I trained like an animal and I was on a caloric surplus. I took this product for less than 2 months.

It's very cheap on Amazon--22.99! Great value for 40 servings. That's fifty-eight cents a scoop!

Side Effects

This product definitely raised my aggression and irritability post workout. It was hard to sleep if I took it too late in the afternoon and definitely evening.

Conclusion

Overall this is a solid product, but nothing exceptional.
  • Orange Xplosion : 10/10

November 2, 2015

• Chemical Dyes

Huge Thank You to SR and Reaction Nutrition, for allowing me to run this pre workout and Reaction Nutrition's other products. My original experience with Reaction Nutrition, was their well dosed pro hormone called Edge (18mg of Epistane per pill), that was my first ever PH cycle. Ever since then I held the company in high regard.

The ingredient profile , which is attached below, includes some of your usual suspects. Caffeine at 350 milligrams, Beta alanine at 1.8 grams, creatine MagnaPower at 1 gram, Choline bitartrate at 500mg and a few others. There is some L-Citrulline hidden away in the Amino Performance Blend of 1587.5mg with 4 other ingredients.

Already I'm sceptical since I usually take about 6g of Citrulline alone. The good dosage for Beta Alanine is about 3.2g. However the Caffeine is well dosed.

I had the Skyburst flavor and it was relatively ok, but I did not love it as many others. I did enjoy the fact that it would rainbow up when mixed with water. That also meant DYES! I hate dyes, I had to mix it with more water just to avoid tasting the chemicals. In the end it's a pre workout, I'd just down it and get on with my day.
Mixability was just fine, throw in a scoop with 8oz (I used more) of water and it dissolves. Nothing floating around.
Dosing was what shot this product in the foot! At 1 scoop I got the perfect amount of Caffeine - 350mg, but all the other pre workout essentials were underdosed!!! 2 scoops would make the other ingredients well dosed, but 700mg of caffeine?? No thanks! Even 1.5 scoops and 525mg of Caffeine is too much IMO.

So at 1 scoop you get the Caffeine energy and focus with a little bit of pump, but move along nothing to see here. I did try 1.5 and 2 scoops and the product was good as far as PWOs go, but the jitters and crash I received after was not worth it, especially considering there are other products out there (even if more expensive). What Reaction Nutrition need to do for this to really shine as a PWO is either lower the caffeine content so I can double scoop or increase the content of other ingredients, L-Citrulline, Creatine and Beta Alanine come to mind.

As of right now, you can get 40 Servings for $28 on Amazon( if you order something else and make it 35 bucks for free shipping). If this is your first PWO, it will definitely work and be good. At 70 cents a serving it's a steal!!!
If you are some sort of stim monster and do not mind an occasional panic attack from 700mg of caffeine. the product will yield 20 servings at $1.4 per workout. But at that price I can name you many other products that have a better all around formula.

Side Effects

None at 1 scoop. 2 scoops can cause a crash and a little caffeine anxiousness, if that is a thing.

Conclusion

I really want Reaction Nutrition to read this and see how they can improve their product. It has all the potential to shine. If other essential ingredients (not caffeine i.e) are increased to where most of us only need one scoop and the product stays at the same price or is a little more expensive, it would really SHINE! Or even lower the caffeine content so the users can go ahead and use 2 scoops. Unfortunately as of right now the product doesn't have what it takes to shine in today's PWO market.
  • Sky Burst: 7/10

October 24, 2015

• Underdosed Arginine
Here is another Reaction Nutrition product I had the chance to try. Thanks again to reaction nutrition for letting us troopers have the chance to give this product a try. I am always up for trying new pre-workouts and this was one that really got my attention when I saw it. This I feel turned out to be just what I needed in a pre-workout and feel this will be something I would be more than willing to give another try.

Ingredients:
The ingredient profile for this is nothing really new but does have some good stuff in here that has been proven and work. I am really glad to see on the label that they do not use prop blends in here and let you know how much of each ingredient you are getting. The only thing they use a little bit of a prop blend for is the amino performance blend but I am not to worried about that part so much. I will say that some of the ingredients are a little under dosed but were not to bad effective wise for me. The creatine, beta alanine, and the overall amino prop blends are the areas I feel were a little under dosed but not to bad. It does have a good amount of energy in here at 350mg of caffeine which I found to be a decent amount for me. For me the energy part needs to be decent and always look for good amounts of caffeine and this seem to be just the right amount I needed.

On the front of the bottle it says your getting
Carnosyn 1.8g
(Delayed Fatigue & Stamina)
Pump & GH 1.5g
(Stimulates muscular growth)
Energy & Focus 2.5g
(Intensify training & metabolism)

Value:
The cheapest I could find this as of right now as I am writing this is on Amazon for $31.79 for 40 servings. I don't think that's to bad a price for 40 servings. What I like about this that makes it a decent value is that I only needed 1 scoop so you will be able to get the full 40 servings out of this.

Taste:
I had the Orange Xplosion flavor. I thought this tasted really good. It was nothing to over powering but had a light orange taste to it. It was nothing real sweet or tart. Reminded me a little bit of a water down Hi C flavor. This was something you will enjoy and have no problems at all trying to drink which is nice.

Mixing/Dosing.
Had no issues at all with it mixing. You will have no left over residual or foam when mixed . When mixed it has a little bit of an orange color to it so it does have some dyes in it which I would rather not have in here. What I liked about the dosing part is that you will only need one scoop (well at least for me that was all I needed) so you will get 40 full servings. Just before I would leave work I would mix this up and drink it on my way to the gym and by the time I got there and chanced my clothes I felt this was ready to start working.

This seemed to be a pretty decent pre-workout for me. The more I used this the more it seemed to work better for me. The energy I got from this I thought was pretty decent most of the time. I know a few times if I got a bit to excited with my workouts I would get a little bit on the jittery side which I did not always like and could really feel my heart racing more when I would try and talk to someone but that would only last a short time. The time of day I always workout is late afternoon right after I get done with work. There were a few times before I started my workouts that I did not feel like I had much energy and felt like I was really dragging that day because of work but as soon as I would take this I could really feel it start to kick in nicely each time and it made me feel a lot better. I was rather impressed how this really helped me on those days I was really dragging and not feeling it.

After taking this I could really feel my focus start to set in and made me feel a lot more ready to want to start my workouts. I felt the focus this gave me was pretty decent and really helped me keep going. I usually workout about 2 hours a day 5/6 days a week and to keep that focus going through out the time frame I workout for is kind of hard to do all the time but this seem to help me a lot. I could always tell shortly after I took this I was a lot more mentally ready to start my workouts which was always a nice feeling to have.

I will say this did not perform much in the way of pumps at all. I usually have trouble feeling pumps anyways and when I was on this I pretty much never noticed them at all. It would have been nice if there would have been some pumps I could have felt from this. I noticed this does not have any agmatine in it and would like to see them put this in there to help with pumps more.

On their website they claim this to help burn fat. I do believe this helped me a bit at burning some fat and helped me lean up a lot more. I noticed my waist line had gone down a bit and my jeans seem to be a bit more looser than they were before. I also notice my muscles looked more lean and not as bloated. I had people ask me if I was trying to lean up more because I looked more leaner and I said no and I have not changed anything I had been doing and been trying to put more size on if anything. This is also suppose to help make you feel less dehydrated but I still felt just as thirsty as soon as I would start taking my amino during my workout. Sometimes I felt even more thirsty than normal and would want to chug my aminos instead of just sipping on them.

My overall strength gains seemed to be pretty decent. I was able to maintain most of my strength gains and noticed some of my lifts went up some. I think with a little more added creatine in here it would help with some of those strength gains even more. Because this is so low I had to add more creatine to this which I know helped. One thing I noticed that I thought was kind of odd was every once in awhile about half way through my workouts when I would be between sets I would all of a sudden feel this little bit of tingly feeling in the middle of my back. It would feel like the beta tingles you get from Beta alanine. I normally don't ever feel them and if I do it's right away but only last a few seconds and then gone. So why all of a sudden I would notice this I thought was kind of odd but at least it was nothing that lasted very long.

Side Effects.
Nothing I really noticed.

Overall:
I was rather impressed with this product and how well it worked for me. It did not look like it would be anything real great but it performed way better that I thought it would. Even with some of the ingredients being under dosed it still seem to perform well for me. Most of the claims they say this products does I think are right on because I noticed most of them. I would be more than happy to give this another try and would recommend other people give this a try. This is the second of three product they make I was able to claim off the trooper program and again want to thank them for letting us try them. I think this company is headed in the right direction with what they are doing and feel they are bringing us some good products.
  • Orange Xplosion : 8/10

October 21, 2015

• Underdosed Arginine

Received this off of the TROOPer program and I have to say it was a pleasant surprise. I had never heard of this company before and thought I'd give it a shot and I'm def glad I did.

The profile here is pretty much what I'm used to seeing....some things are in the doses you want to see and some are under dosed. The major things that are under dosed here(beta, creatine) are ok with me because I add these to all pre's. When it comes to a preworkout the thing that I always look for is the energy section of the blend, this one to me was quite nice and I thought it would be quite effective. After my first dose and every dose after I was not let down, energy was good every single time. It wasnt ever tomuch and to the point where it was uncomfortable but right at the sweet spot for me.

This stuff tasted pretty damn good, as I've read other reviews that state it supposed to taste like skittles and looking back on it I can def see the resemblance. I never had a complaint with the taste and my girl even enjoyed the taste and she isnt the kind to normally like the taste of any thing I take but she enjoyed the taste of this.

Mixability was right on here no complaints at all in this dept.

Dosing was as simple as it gets, 1 scoop 30 minutes before a workout. I never really felt the need to go over 1 scoop.

This was a very effective preworkout for me and it never seemed to tail off in any way.I could count on great energy every time I took this before a workout and it always seemed to provide me with the ability to get through a workout no matter how tired I was. Even though it was underdosed in several categories it did, to me anyway, what a preworkout is supposed to do......give me great energy to get through a hour long workout.

It seems this can be found for 27.96 for 40 servings on amazon. To me this is pretty damn good as I never felt the need to go over one scoop and if my girl and taken several scoops for herself this would have lasted me even longer.

0 side effects.

Conclusion

I dig this preworkout and will def be trying to find it on amazon when I run out of the preworkouts that sitting on top of the fridge. This is another product received off of the TROOPer program that I would/will spend my own money to get and thats how I know this product was a success for me

October 21, 2015

• Shines With 2 Scoops
  • Needs 2 Scoops To Shine

First off - the obligatory "MUCH LOVE" to Reaction Nutrition and SR.com. Both of you are terrific for facilitating this review.

I grabbed this supplement, along with Amino Action and Pro Action (two other supps that came up for TROOPS at the same time) and ran them together. During this run, PreAction was the only Pre-Workout I was using. I had limited other caffeine intake throughout the day while using this product - at most 2 cups of coffee/green tea and most days nada.

At first glance I was excited to give this a run as the label was almost fully disclosed - with the exception of the AMINO PERFORMANCE BLEND.

I will give you my POV on the dosing and constituents...

So I saw this PRE had some creatine in it - and since I use creatine I was excited that I may not have to supplement it pre work out during this run. But after checking the label and doing some research I found that Creatine Magnapower should be dosed similar to Creatine Monohydrate. That means that this dosing of 1,000 mg is nowhere near the recommended dosing of 3-5g.

And this leads me to my second dosing gripe. The Beta-Alanine seems under dosed VERSUS THIS CATEGORY's COMPETITORS. The 1.8 gram dose in Pre-Action is on the low end of the spectrum.

Here is some information on CarnoSyn dosing straight from their website: "Research studies have included a dosage of 1.6-3.2 grams of CarnoSyn beta-alanine per day, for 4-6 weeks. Because beta-alanine causes a tingling sensation called paresthesia, it is best to split up the daily amount into 1.2 gram doses. With a 1.2 gram dose, the tingling sensation is not overwhelming and is recommended for a mass market product." (SOURCE: http://www.carnosyn.com/faq)

Same story here with the L-Arginine - 1 gram and dosing is typically 3-6 grams. As other reviews alluded to - switch this to L-citrulline and you may be onto something - but I am not a supplement company so I will keep that to myself...

On the other hand, the Intense Energy Matrix is dosed solidly. Choline Bitarate comes in at a high end dose of 500mg of cognitive boosting goodness and Huperzine A, a cognitive enhancer, weighs in at the high end dosing of 200 mcg. Throw in 350 mg of good old caffeine and you can see that Reaction Nutrition is really trying to get you into the zone when you hit the gym.

This stuff was supposed to taste like skittles and it did. There was a hint of a chemical after taste if I used too much water. Staying around 10 ounces of water was the sweet spot for this one.

This stuff mixed exceptionally well. Not residuals, no foam.

Dosing - recommended one scoop a day, pre workout. As I will get into in effectiveness this works ok, but this stuff shines at 1.5-2 scoops per day.

Original note from the rep: "Pre Action increase focus and performance while building lean muscle mass and burning fat and it has 2 primary formulas that place it above and beyond other pre-workout products. A bad workout is better than no workout at all but why have a bad workout when you have pre action that can help you perform at your highest potential. It's Amino Performance Blend and Intense Energy Matrix is beneficial for increased focus and performance while building lean muscle mass and utilize fat for energy. The science behind this formulas combination is ideal for a wide spectrum of athletes to enhanced physical performance. Amino Performance Blend helps provide energy and essential amino acids to your muscles during a workout and enables you to increase your endurance without the use of protein as a fuel source making your body more prone to utilize stored lipids. Helping you avoid dehydration and make you feel less fatigued while also building and maintain lean muscle mass. Intense Energy Matrix allows the body to gain more energy and focus while helping your body burn fat during your workout. Providing 500 mg of chlorine bitartrate to promote better mental performance and memory. The other key ingredient is caffeine anhydrous, meaning dehydrated caffeine. Since caffeine is a central nervous system stimulate (meaning it increases alertness, energy metabolism and decrease fatigue), it has been a huge asset in the use of extended, exhaustive exercises."

Lots of "promises" from the REP on this one - let's see how they delivered:

At one scoop this was a very "ho-hum" type pre-workout. There was an uptick in energy and focus. Virtually no pump. No post workout crash. Everything was just okay.

So on a couple of days where I wanted to pick up the intensity a notch I would double scoop it. WOW - was there ever a difference. The area in which I could most see the change in this product was around the intensity and focus for the workout. I was dialed in big time. I also experienced some pretty strong mind/muscle connection. So the mental performance was on point when doubled.

The only drawback to this is - I don't want to take in 700mg of Anhydrous Caffeine!

Some of the other claims were unfounded - specifically the fat burning and the dehydration avoidance. I was just as thirsty and consumed as much water as I did with other pre-workouts.

Overall it delivered on the claims, just had to double down to get there... One thing I will point out is I have an above average stim tolerance so the average user may not want to use 2 scoops of this stuff

Found this for $27.96 for 40 servings on AMAZON - that includes free shipping if you spend over $35 (and we all know we can do that). On a single scoop that is $0.70 per workout. On those double scoop days that comes in a little pricey at $1.40 a scoop - but I don't think the average PWO user will need to double it up too often, if at all...

Side Effects

None - I took it on an empty stomach mostly and didn't notice any ill effects. Increased dosing didn't leave me jittery or wired. There was no post workout crash. Pretty clean over all!

Conclusion

I gave this a 7.0 overall because I could really feel this stuff work at two scoops (8.0 on effectiveness) but two scoops and the under-dosed ingredients kill the value (6.0). This stuff is good - not great - but worth a try if you want to supplement the under-dosed creatine and BA. Two scoops stands up and delivers. But even a single scoop of this will get you ready for your workout. The taste is pretty good and it mixes good too. The inclusion of Creatine MagnaPower is neat - but the dosing of this and the BA was low, in my opinion. Like I said, it is worth a try - you just may need to supplement it and/or increase the dosing.
  • Sky Burst: 9/10

October 20, 2015

• Underdosed Ingredients

First off I would like to thank Reaction Nutrition for participating in the SR Troop program allowing users to review a bunch of their products. I was lucky enough to grab a 40 serving tub of Pre Action and they sent me the Sky Burst flavor.

Claims:
Enhance Performance
Provides Muscle Endurance
Increases Focus
Decrease Dehydration & Fatigue
Shred Fat

For the most part you know exactly what your getting for each dose. There is one proprietary formula for the Amino Performance Blend. Overall I thought the ingredient profile was pretty solid however the dosing seemed low in some areas. For the low dosed ingredients I had to use 1 1/2 scoops to get maximum results while training. One ingredient I was hoping was dosed higher was the Citrulline, it's apart of the Amino Performance Blend at 1587.5 mg per scoop.

In the front of the bottle you know your getting:
1.8g of Carnosyn
1.5g in Pump Category
2.5g in Energy & Focus Category

Here are a few ingredients that some people may not know about that is in Pre Action:

Huperzine A - Huperzine A is an extract from the plant Huperziaserrata, known less formerly as firmoss, or Chinese club moss. It is a potent brain booster that can promote better focus, enhanced memory, and even boost mood to the point of a mild euphoric effect. http://jymsupplementscience.com/huperzine-a/

L-Lysine HCI- Lysine is one of nine essential amino acids in humans required for growth and tissue repair, Lysine is supplied by many foods, especially red meats, fish, and dairy products. http://pubchem.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/compound/L-lysine#section=Drug-Indication

Taste: This was perhaps the best tasting pre-workout I have ever taken. The flavor I received was Sky Burst, pretty much tasted like a rainbow in my mouth. By rainbow I mean Skittles, literally it tasted like I just ate a handful of Skittles.

Mixability: For the most part the mixability was on point and I had no problems. There was no settling at the bottom however at times it did get foamy at times. At the end of the tub, there was some big clumps but they would dissolve after a seconds of mixing in my blender bottle.

Dosing: According to the tub mix 1 scoop with approximately 8-1 oz. of water 30 minutes prior to training. Do not exceed 2 scoops in a 24 hour period. Do not take within (4) hours of bedtime. I followed the dosing protocol for the most part however I had to dose at 1 1/2 scoops to get good results.

I followed the dosing protocol for a week using 1 serving 30 min prior to training. During that time I didn't feel a whole lot in terms of pump or energy. The caffeine dosage is quite high at 350mg per serving but it didn't hit me like it should've. I switched the dosing to 1 1/2 scoops and it was more effective but it didn't jump out like other pre workouts I've used in the past.

Reaction Nutrition is selling tubs of Pre Action for $44.95 however you can find much cheaper tubs on Amazon for $27.96. For the sake of this review I will go with the Amazon price point. Each serving will cost you around $0.70, this is a great value at 40 servings and the ingredients your getting. Although the ingredients are solid, they are under dosed so 1 1/2 scoops would cost around $1.05 (27-28 servings).

Side Effects

Conclusion

Overall, I thought Pre Action was good but not great with some under dosed ingredients. I feel if they upped the dosing this product would really stand out especially with that flavor. Once again I would like to thank Reaction Nutrition for participating in the SR Troop program and giving me the opportunity to log/review Pre Action.
  • Sky Burst: 10/10

5.5
  October 20, 2015

• Needs Citruline Malate

Thank you to Reaction Nutrition for supplying us with products to try and of course SR for the troop program to log these.
I am reviewing Pre Action in the sky burst flavor.

When I first looked at the ingredient profile for this product I was very impressed it looked solid profile.
However was disappointed it did not contain Citruline Malate. :/
The only thing they were under dosed in was the beta alanine at 1.8g. I am still currently having trouble trying to upload a picture for the ingredients I don't know if anyone else is or it is just me so bare with me and my apologizes.
Carnosyn Beta-Alanine at 1.8 g for endurance
Caffeine Anhydrous at 350 mg for energy
Choline Bitartrate at 500 mg for focus
Hordenine HCL at 50 mg and Huperzine A at 200 mcg for focus as well
Pre-Action also included Creatine Magnapower, a great Creatine, but only 1g. It's not a deal breaker to have creatine in my pre workouts as I supplement it otherwise as a whole. 1G though is very low.
An Amino Matrix blend of: dextrin, leucine, citrulline, tyrosine, and carnitine at a total of 1500 mg. Which I feel is pretty under dosed but, I supplement my intra bcaa's so no big loss.

I honestly had no idea what to think of this Sky Burst flavor. I'll admit though it was delicious. Not to sour or to sweet no bitterness. The taste was by far the best thing about this product. It was also very easy to mix never any issues with clumping or sinking. They do have dyes in this not a huge fan of so take that into consideration. The dosing calls for 1 scoop. Which ill get into the 1 scoop details in Effectiveness. I had went all the way up to 2 scoops.

With this profile for the product I was thinking it was really going to epic but, I was let down hard and fast.
It turned out to be very average.. The only thing I really got out of this was some focus but, nothing mind blowing.
Very slight affects from the Beta Alanine which I felt was very under dosed which I had stated above.
I know 350 mg is a decent amount of caffeine for most users, and even though I have taken pre's with more than that before, I was thinking it was going to hit me harder. I am pretty stimulant tolerant but, I was dragging most days taking this. It caused to me to even up the dosage to 1.5 and even 2 scoops which is a ridiculous amount of caffeine and I do not recommend. It worked to a point but I still never felt the kick I wanted or needed from this product. Maybe if your not as use to stims or tolerant to them or maybe even to new to pre workout this would be a good starter for you. It did not do it for me unfortunately.

You can find this anywhere from $33-$35, which I think is a great value for 40 scoops. That's under a $1 a serving and since it does have a lot of quality of ingredients. If you have to use more than 1 scoop obviously your going to lose servings. So it does sound like a good value if it is going to work for you.

Side Effects

I did not experience any side affects with this at 1 scoop or even 1.5 but, at 2 scoops I did have a sever migraine and upset stomach which I figured. Like I said I do not recommend 2 scoops.

Conclusion

I really wanted to love this pre workout I had such high hopes for it. It let me down though maybe it was just me? Like I said maybe if your a newbie to pre workouts or not a very stimulant tolerant individual it would work better for you. The best thing for this product is the taste it was on point so I will give them that.

October 19, 2015

Hi everyone, back again to review a pre-workout I received from Reaction Nutrition called Pre Action that I had the wonderful opportunity to receive through the SR TROOPer program. Those that have read my previous reviews know that I love pre-workouts. I always workout after work and am looking for that extra boost in the gym for that hour and a half-two hour workout. That being said, I have tried all kinds of pre workouts, and recently I have been heading towards the endurance, sustained energy, and focus as what I am looking for the most. I used this as a pre-workout during a strength and bulking routine and upon looking at this product I had high hopes. I was somewhat disappointed however. Read on..

I really liked this profile when I saw it. It had a lot of high quality and proven ingredients that I look for in a pre-workout. The dosages, for the most part, looked legit as well. Some strengths of this profile are:

Carnosyn Beta-Alanine at 1.8 g for endurance
Caffeine Anhydrous at 350 mg for energy
Choline Bitartrate at 500 mg for focus
Hordenine HCL at 50 mg and Huperzine A at 200 mcg for focus as well

I really liked the high quality ingredients listed above as I have used them before, they all worked for me, and the doses are great except the Beta-Alanine is a little low. Some weaknesses of the profile I believe are:

An Amino Matrix blend of: dextrin, leucine, citrulline, tyrosine, and carnitine at a total of 1500 mg. Supposedly the dextrin will help absorption here, but I just feel 1500 mgs total for these ingredients all of them would have to be pretty underdosed. Pre-Action also included Creatine Magnapower, a great Creatine, but only 1 g. Even with a better absorbing creatine, you would have to supplement extra creatine somewhere else so why bother including?

Overall, some high quality ingredients, some good doses for the most part, I was excited to see how it worked.

9.5

Words cannot describe how happy I was with the taste of this product. I received the Skyburst flavor, and it was incredible. Tasted a little like skittles and starburst, but not too sour, not too sweet, absolutely perfect. Mouth is watering right now just thinking about it. I'll take a half point away for the dyes. It's a really light blue color. Why? I don't care what it looks like, leave it out. Mixability was fine no clumping or grit. Dosing was easy, one scoop pre-workout. However, I did have to take a little more than one scoop most days...

With the high quality ingredients and doses, I was expecting a really good pre-workout. It turned out to be average. I feel it shined the most in focus, mood, and clarity. I did feel great mentally in the gym and it is one of the most important things I am looking for, so great job there. So, the Choline, Huperzine, and Hordenine all did their job. The Beta Alanine tingles were very light, and at 1.8 g it is a little light on the dosage there. My endurance didn't seem too effected though as I was able to complete all my sets. I had to supplement with extra creatine because 1 G is just not enough for me so I can't really judge the effectiveness of that one ingredient in this product. Where I have to take a lot of marks away is the caffeine and energy. Now, I know 350 mg is a very healthy amount of caffeine for most users, and even though I have taken pre's with more than that before, I was expecting it to hit me harder. I am very stim tolerant but I was dragging most days taking this. It caused to me to even up the dosage to 1.5 scoops which is A LOT of caffeine. It worked to an extent, but I still never felt the boost I needed from this product. If you aren't as stim-tolerant, this could be an option for you and nothing to worry about but it didn't do the trick for me.

You can find this anywhere from $33-$35, which I think is a great value for 40 scoops. That's under a $1 a serving and since it does have a lot of quality of ingredients I think it is a good value for most. I rated a 7.5 because I had to up the dosage to get what I was looking for and used less scoops.

Side Effects

Nothing to report here, easy on the stomach.

Conclusion

I wanted to like this pre-workout more, I really did. I think it may work for a lot of you but it just didn't provide the pop I needed. Since it does have some good things working for it you may want to try it especially for the focus aspect. Oh and the taste.

October 19, 2015

• Needs Citruline Malate

Let me start by saying a BIG THANK YOU to Reaction Nutrition for letting me try the product. As with the other products I have tried here lately I was trying to cut some weight I had gained over the summer. This preworkout was exactly what I needed for a boost late in the day before my workout. Definitely would try again.

The ingredient list is long but most importantly detailed. I have taken many preworkout's in the past that don't break down the ingredient list. Instead they give you two or three basic ingredients and then a "proprietary blend" Reaction does the opposite. They break down the ingredients on the label, with the exception of the Amino performance blend, so that you know exactly how much of each you are getting. GREAT JOB Reaction Nutrition. I think the only ingredient I wished it had, that I didn't see on the label was citruline malate. That ingredient has been a game changer for me as far as preworkout's go, in the past. Nonetheless, it's ingredients are really good.

The flavor I had was "Sky Burst". I wasn't sure what to expect the first time I took it taste wise, but it was actually tasted pretty good. The mixability was as I expected, perfect. There were no clumps, or beads in the bottom that didn't mix like in previous PWO's I had taken. I started with just one scoop and by the end of the tub I was up to a scoop and a half. My energy levels in the final couple of weeks weren't nearly as good as when I started so I felt I needed another half scoop or so and it seemed to give me the energy I needed to complete 1.5- 2 hour workouts.

I could feel it work within 10-15 minutes after I started drinking it. The Beta Alanine tingle started and I knew it would only get better. I would drink this on my 30 minute drive from work to the gym. By the time I get to the gym I could feel it really getting me in a good mood and happy to be at the gym. Usually after my first set or two I could feel it kicked in. Maybe it was a mind set, maybe it wasn't. Either way I felt great.

I found on the good ole internet a 480 gram version that would give you an extra 20 scoops for $39.95. that's 60 scoops if you are a one scooper. I was a scoop and a half kind of guy by the end so it would last me roughly 45 workouts. I workout 5 days a week so for $40 I could get about 9 weeks worth. That's pretty legit for me with the cost. Anytime I can get over 2 months worth of workouts for $40 or under I like it. When I compare this to the others on the market I would definitely give this one another shot.

Side Effects

If you take it on an empty stomach then that's your fault and you shall pay the price with an early morning bathroom break during your workout :)

Conclusion

Overall, I am thoroughly impressed. Very rarely have I found a preworkout that breaks down all the ingredients, tastes good, works, last 2+ months and is $40 or under. If it had citruline malate in it I probably would have given it a 10. As it stands I'm cool with giving it a 9. Go out and grab a tub and judge for yourself.