Glutamine Reviews

By: Recor

Glutamine is a Glutamine Supplement manufactured by Recor. It contains glutamine which is the most abundant amino acid found in muscle tissue; It helps support lean muscle gain.

Overall
Overall
7.1
  December 3, 2015

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Tasteless
  • Immune Support
    Reaction Nutrition L-Glutamine; a simple amino-acid that, (supposedly) helps with muscle endurance and soreness. I've never taken raw Glutamine as an addition before, so I figured why not jump on this? A few of my buddies swear by this stuff as a staple. This review might appear simple, but this was a simple product with no fillers dyes fluff or any other additions.

PROFILE- 9
    It has 5mg of L-Glutamine per scoop. Seriously, that's it! Online research (by me, via Google) says this substance is found in our muscles, and assists with transporting nitrogen int the muscle cells. It also reads "during intense training, glutamine levels are greatly depleted, which decreases strength, stamina, and recovery. It could take up to 6 days to replenish your levels". Hmm, maybe that's why it took me about a week to feel anything different. Its also supposed to curb sugar and alcohol cravings, and "heal leaking gut" i guess, referring to ulcers and general intestinal health. Ok kids, enough Google school for me, lets get into this.

It mixed fine after a little shaking, and had no flavor to speak of. I'd mix it in a shaker with plain Ol' water, and it was a type of "thicker" water I'd sip on intra-workout. Sometimes I'd dump a scoop into my post workout shake. Or even into my preworkout. There were so many scoops in here; I found myself looking for ways to get through it all. All in all, it's a pretty versatile powder.

EFFECTIVENESS- 7.5
    I'd be lying if I said you can feel this work from the first scoop, but with continued use, I did notice better muscle endurance during workouts, and better recovery between sets. I didn't notice it at first, but (looking back) there was a good reduction in soreness. Reading some of the other reviews, I realized I didn't catch a cold while taking this (it wasn't an effect i was looking for). Maybe there is something to it boosting immune system. Post-usage report: a few weeks after FINALLY completing the tub, i definitely feel more soreness post-workout. Muscle endurance during workout is also diminished. I'm still not sick, but the kids got the bug, so we'll see if I get it, too. I'm pretty sure my gut wasn't leaky to begin with, but i did notice better BM quality (which got worse when i stopped taking this). However, there are too many variables (like Late-Night Taco Trucks!) in our daily lives to say this product alone made that improvement. I don't really crave alcohol, so no real say on that aspect.

SIDE EFFECTS-9
    Absolutely none to report. Just don't spill it; its messier then amino powder!

VALUE-9
    80 servings per container, I felt this tub lasted forever. A tub goes for $29 on their website, its not a bad price to pay for a simple addition to your "staple" supplements. Maybe some places sell Raw Glutamine for cheaper, but me personally, i look for a "30 dollars= 30 days" price-point with most supplements. This one easily surpasses that!

OVERALL- 8
    At first, i was skeptical about this stuffs claims and effectiveness. But now that my tub is finished, i kinda miss it! I felt its a great value, very versatile, and it doesn't hurt to take so why not?

November 25, 2015

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Tasteless
    • Immune Support

This isnt something you are going to feel its just straight up glutamine. Some may notice a dip in soreness but for me the main thing is glutamine always seems to keep me sick free when others around me are sickly. Adding a scoop or 2 to a preworkout or a protein shake to me is always a great idea.

100% glut and nothing more....I like that they're are no ineffective extras here that the company can charge an extra arm and a leg for. Glut does a ton of wonderful things in the body others have listed those but feel free to look it up yourself. You cant really go wrong adding glut to your supp lineup. Only thing here is we dont know where they get their raws from. I would like to know that.

Completely tasteless. Mixes completely in protein shakes and pres every time

Like I said its not something I really noticed but I had 2 people living in the same house as me and they both were sick.
      scoops of this a day and I never missed a beat. Is this some sort of cure? Certainly nt but it can def help keep that immune system humming along when it may be being taxed a bit.

Vslue is great 29 bucks for 80 servings, 40 if you double up on the scoops like I did towards the end of the tub.

Side Effects

0 side effects

Conclusion

This is a high quality bulk type glut supplement that I def will be adding to my list of quality glutamine supps when
      i go to purchase in the future. Would I buy this with my own money? I def would and you prob should too

November 12, 2015

Pros:
       Cons:
      • Tasteless
      • Immune Support
        Well No it is not a cure all, No it will not get you swole, but some may think you are adding chalk to your protein shake though. Just tell them chalk is a good thing and you can not have enough.
        Well Reaction nutrition has done well for me again. This one is as basic as it gets and hard to mess up so I expected nothing less.
        This is from the Blue chip side of Reaction nutrition series.

Profile
        Its straight up L-glutamie 5grams a serving. Nothing fancy to help you get hydrated with the latest, "hydration matrix blends or energy pump blends ". Those typically annoy me anyway when I see those on a label anyhow. If you are not familiar with what L-Glutamine does, here is some info. My favorite part about it is it serves as the #1 substrate for cellular immune response. Next is cellular hydration to reduce recovery time.
        Fueling cells that line the intestine. Last but not least it supports protein synthesis for muscular growth due to naturally increased Human Growth Hormone (HGH). HGH also accelerates metabolism leading to more fat to be metabolized more efficiently.

Effectiveness.
        Not something you will notice on a day to day basis, but I can say with all the pre winter bugs going around , I never had one. I did have some sinus issues but that is something I have always had. I love taking this for immune support around this time a year. Now for muscle repair. I am not sure. Yea I was recovering but nothing on a wolverine level. So do not expect to heal right up from this. The program I am on, is not my typical one and yea I was sore in ways I am not used to, so I am glad I did have this to help what It did.

Taste and mixability.
        Truly tasteless , Mixed like a boss. It basically melts when it hits water. This one is more fine almost moist powder than I have seen before. I liked it.
        Kinda like Corn starch.

Seriously For just immune support alone you should grab this. On their site it runs 29 bucks for 80 servings , and it lasted forever , I feel more like 100 servings. But at the price they have that brings it to around .37 cents a serving!. Great deal.

Overall
        I am pleased with this, I felt confident being around so many sick people at work and feeling pretty good on daily basis. I think Glutamine is looked over way too much even if just for this very reason. For muscle repairs, the science is there and has shown to help, I think on my normal training program I would have gotten more from it, but still not disappointed. Thank you Reaction Nutrition.