Agmatine Reviews

By: Recor

Pre-Workout > Pump
Agmatine is a Pump Product manufactured by Recor. It is meant to increase blood flow, muscle pumps and increase vascularity. It can be stacked with a stimulant based pre-workout for an added stimulant effect. This promotes an environment for increased muscle mass and fat loss.

February 11, 2016

• Vascularity
  • Endurance Boost
  • Convenient

Thank you to Reaction Nutrition and to the SR Troop program for allowing me the opportunity to test out this product. I'm very familiar with agmatine sulfate.

It's just agmatine sulfate, nothing more, nothing less.

(10/10)
    I love the convenience of caps vs. weighing out powders. No nasty burps or powder coughs from this. Very easy to dose, you take 1 gram about 30 minutes pre-workout or you can take 500mg before bed to promote increase GH. A little tip of mine if your looking for a massive pump is to eat a big carb meal (for me about 140 grams of carbs) and drink a ton of water, take 500mg and then about an hour later take another 1 gram and head to the gym. The pumps are huge when you do this!

(9/10)
    It is agmatine. It is used to increase pumps, vascularity, endurance, and can even give a little bit of a nootropic type effect. This was on par with the results I got from companies such as Nutrabio and Musclefeast. Most of you know what agmatine does and this did exactly what it's supposed to do. It is my favorite pump ingredient outside of nitrates. As I said earlier, taking 500mg with a big carb meal and then another gram pre-workout gave me massive pumps and vascularity. My lifting partner is always fascinated my the veins in my forearms.

(7.5/10)
    On the reactionnutrition.com website it is listed at around 38$. This is fair for an 80 day supply (lasted me less because I use 1.5 grams vs. 1) and in line with most other agmatine products. I do believe you can get agmapure from musclefeast for about the same price except 20 more servings.

Side Effects

(10/10)
    No side effects whatsoever.

Conclusion

I really enjoy agmatine products and this was on par with brands that claim to be higher quality. I love the convenience of the caps. This product gets my seal of approval, and I recommend to anyone that is looking for big pumps and a boost in endurance and vascularity.

November 15, 2015

• Great Sleep
    • Pricey

Big Thank you, to SR and Reaction Nutrition for allowing me to run a full bottle of Agmatine Sulfate! Out of all of RNs products I've tried, Agmatine became my favourite. I was very impressed with the way it works and the variety of ways you can use agmatine.

Ok, so what you get here is 160 caps with 500mg of Agmatine Sulfate per cap, nothing more, nothing less. Plain and simple.

Since the Agmatine is in pill form there is no issues with mixing or taste.
    Just grab 2 (I eventually started taking 3) caps before your workout, with your favourite PWO and you're good to go!
    After doing some research you may also discover that you can take a few caps before sleep, for deeper and better rest at night.

PUMPS! Previously I never experienced Agmatine standalone and after trying Agmatine Sulfate, I will definitely want a clinical dose in my pwo. My body would feel and look great with this product alone and no other pump ingredient, just stims for energy! At 2-3 caps biceps would look much fuller and harder with increased vascularity, reminded me of the pump I would get off Citrulline.

If you browse around the web, which is full of all kinds of good science (especially broscience), you may find that 1g of agmatine is not the limit for your day! After finding out that you may take more and it's beneficial to take some before bed I started doing so!

I would not take Agmatine before bed all the time, as I have other sleep aids or sometimes I am not looking for any help at all. Yet when I took 2 caps before bed I noticed a profound effect on my sleep. I was well rested, in the morning, but it wasn't as hard core as many sleeping supplements. I literally felt like I just got a good night's sleep without any help, although I did have help? If that makes any sense? I would wake up with the alarm, without any sleep hangover or mood boost, just good old normal sleep! It was great

I also got a whopping 100 point increase on my IQ test. Seriously however, I did not pay attention to the Nootropic abilities of the product as few others have mentioned, therefore I may neither deny nor confirm those statements.

Now although I really like the product you can find other Agmatine Sulfate far cheaper than the price Reaction Nutrition offers it. Hopefully this is something they can lover in the future as there are plenty of other options, with similar contents and purity.

Side Effects

Swollen arms? Huge muscles?
    No problems as far as side effects.

Conclusion

All together Agmatine Sulfate is an awesome product that I really enjoyed using. I hope RN can lower the price for their version, so I can come back and be a return customer!

November 14, 2015

Pros:
     Cons:
    • A Tight Pump
    • Cognitive Function
    • Great Sleep
    • Pricey
    Introduction:

Thank you to the SR Troops program and the people at Reaction Nutrition for the opportunity to try their Agmatine product.

Ah yes, the pump. A motivator for me in the gym, once the blood is flowing to the muscles during my workouts. Pump products are that extra gravy I use when I have extra $$ to burn. It's not a product that is a staple for me on a monthly basis.

I have tried several dozens of pump products to date with varying ingredient profiles, and took a slightly different approach this time around with agmatine sulfate via Reaction Nutrition.

In the past I have taken less than a handful of straight up agmatine products in the past and dosed them according to the directions. This time I tried something different.

Ingredient Profile:

Very straightforward product/ingredient. 2 caps=1 gram of agmatine sulfate. Agmatine Sulfate is a metabolite of L-Arginine.

Directions are to take 2 capsules daily

Taste: No taste, as the product is in capsule form

Mixability: No mixing involved here, I ingested the product as directed. I did not break open the caps at any point during the completion of the product

Dosing: Here's where I went a little off road with this product. I did some research on the effectiveness of agmatine sulfate and used a "scientific" approach with my dosing. Human dosages are deemed generally acceptable up to the 2.5 gram range and higher doses do not "seem" harmful to humans. I went a little higher and pushed the envelope at 3 grams per day.

I used the whole product based on the following dosing protocol:

3 caps 45 minutes before lifting on an empty stomach
    3 caps 60 minutes prior to sleep on an empty stomach

* Protein can effect the absorption of this product, so I made sure to follow strictly to the above

Some Agmatine Sulfate benefits: a pump, cognitive function, fat loss, pain management, to name a few

A different type of pump- Yes, you read that correctly, based on the above dosing, my pumps in the gym were tight and lean if that makes sense. It was not a fleshy or dense pump, it made my muscles look leaner.

Cognitive function- About a week into the product, I had an overall better mood and felt I was able to think more clearly. The morning coffee was not necessary to have my brain function enhanced. Many times I experienced less time to think and made quicker decisions.

Sleep- I never have taken agamtine prior to bed, but after reading some scientific studies and applications, as well as several people that used this pre-bed, I decided to give it a try. From day one, I experienced a deeper sleep, waking up more refreshed. Along with the deep sleep came some very vibrant dreams each night.

I did not experience any increase in weight, fat loss-other than the lean pump effect, or strength increase during the run of this product.

Value:

Ouch, this is pricey for just agmatine sulfate. At $38.95 your getting 80 grams, which comes out to $.486 cents per gram. This is a product you can buy in bulk for much cheaper.

Side Effects:

No side effects experience with the above dosing

Conclusion:

The product had added benefits to me, compared to past, when following the directions, based on my dosage. Obviously, per day this would be an increased cost for me, based on the results I had. This was a fun dosage to experiment with and I can't say the product didn't work. Clearly there were 3 distinct benefits to me at a higher dosage, which I have never experimented with before.

October 19, 2015

Quick shout out to SR Troops and Reaction Nutrition for always creating solid products and allowing us members to give them a whirl. I will try to keep this review as brief but detailed as possible, as its only one ingredient in the product.

From the website * -
    This highly versatile nutrient has been suggested to intensify muscle pumps, enhance nutrient partitioning (more calories are shuttled towards muscle tissue and less are stored as fat), and increase production of luteinizing hormone and growth hormone. "

Ingredients: 10/10 - Agmantine Sulfate 1000mg 2 caps - Cant get an easier ingredient base than this.

===============================

Dosage: 10/10 - I used this product for two purposes. One was for nutrient partitioning which I will discuss in detail below, the other is to get the pump at PWO, which will also be discussed below. For nutrient partitioning I would pop 2 pills about 30 minutes before my biggest meal on non workout days. For PWO I would dump out the 2 capsules into my PWO to mix all the powders together. I thought that it worked better in the format when I took the powder and spilled it out of the caps.
    ===============================

Effectiveness: 9/10 - I rarely give a product a 9 because there come a lot of factors that determine how a product works for me. However, I gave this a 9 based on the two dosing protocols discussed above.

Nutrient Partitioning 9/10 - Whenever usually without this I would eat a big meal, I would feel bloated and tired as if my body is not absorbing all that I am eating. It was a horrible feeling. But I needed the big meals to keep my calories up. I began taking 2 pills about 30 minutes before my big meal and it would do 2 things. 1) It would get my hunger up a bit, not to say it made me hungry, but if I was feeling a bit hungry this product double even tripled that feeling. 2) After taking this product and eating a big meal, I felt like the food was better broken down and I felt my body converting the food into energy as I became more alert. I was not bloated even when I would eat a big meal and follow up by a big cup of milk afterwards.

Pump 9/10 - Companies have been using Agmantine as a new pump product. It works. Taking this product with my caffeine based PWO about 30 minutes before my workout, during my high rep workouts, I would instantly feel that muscle group get a good pump. Also that muscle group felt a lot fuller and I was able to lift a few more reps in my scheme of the workout.

===============================

Value 8/10: There are 40 servings in this bottle and it goes for about $38. Which is roughly rounding up about $1 a serving. That's not expensive when the product works. If you use it in either the pump or the nutrient partitioning performance, either one is worth the value. But because you get both working parts, it def worth the money.

===============================

Overall: 9/10 - This product is fantastic. I like how they kept it simple. One ingredient, good dosage, good quality of ingredient, and in the end it just works.

October 18, 2015

Cons:

(Background info on yourself, diet, experience, goals, first thoughts on the product and how you discovered SR)
      Huge thank you to SR and reaction nutrition for their support of the troops program. This program is really amazing because it lets you try different products from Supplement Company that otherwise you would not be able to do. This review is for a full 80 serving container of agmatine this is an independent review. It's my first time taking agmatine as a stand-alone product before other than when it's use as an ingredient in a pre-workout. I've heard get thing about using it on a daily basis's for amazing pumps in the gym so I was excited to have a chance to review it. Let's see how it does.

(Your thoughts on the ingredients/label of the product)
      The Ingredient profile is pretty simple. It's only one ingredient which is agmatine sulfate.

The dosing calls for 2 capsules which is 2,000mg taken daily.

This is going to be the main part of the review for one it's only one ingredient in this bad boy. I've heard a lot in regards to the benefits of taking agmatine sulfate with your pre-workout to add some nice pumps in the gym. All I have to say is you want the pump, YOU CAN"T HANDLE THE PUMP! This stuff is amazing you can really feel the pumps during your lift. I will say it takes a little bit to kick in. What I mean is after you take it for a few days or 1 week then you start to really feel it. When it does kick you will be thinking I want more. Agmatine also helps to govern nitric oxide (NO) synthesis, as well as working to properly regulate cellular energy by overseeing polyamine metabolic function. This makes agmatine sulfate a popular pump-inducing supplement choice. Let me say it's very true after a week of taking it holy pumps you feel great. When I was training delts just after a few warm-up exercises with some light weight I could already feel it kick in. But after the first two working sets they were in pump city. I had the same result each day I was at the gym. If I was training back the pumps were so crazy I thought my back was going to cramp up. Another good reason to take agamtine is not only are you going to have crazy pumps. But agamtine has been shown to help protect against strokes and can benefit cognitive health.

Here is some good information on agmatine sulfate. https://content.tigerfitness.com/guide-agmatine-sulfate-supplements/

On the reaction nutrition website 80 servings goes for 38.95

Side Effects

Zero side effects

Conclusion

This is a great addition to have with your pre-workout. In the words of Arnold Schwarzenegger "The greatest feeling you can get in a gym, or the most satisfying feeling you can get in the gym is... The Pump. Agmatine sulfate will do this and so much more. If you have the extra cash which this stuff is pretty cheap buy now I'm going to.