(Better than 62% in Pre-Workout > Stimulant)

PRICES (2)
(25 sv) - [$1.26/sv]

Amazon

(25 sv) - [$1.28/sv]

Raw Iron Performance

Evolve Pre-Workout Formula is a Pre-Workout manufactured by Raw Iron Performance. It is designed to help provide a pre-training advantage by increasing mental focus, muscle performance, endurance and blood flow. This creates an environment optimal for increasing muscle mass and losing body fat.

August 9, 2017

Cons:

Hello again, if you have noticed I have slowed down my pre workout use due to moving and life. However I am as the title says a 45 year old who is getting long in the tooth and in my opinion still trying to learn stuff. I have been working out 3 to 4 days a week but for most of it using 3 doses a week. If you look at my log you'll see I upped my workouts to get this done and reviewed. I also had an unforeseen 12 day vacation that the wife took me on, so this has been a long, long, long run. As always thank you to Raw Iron Performance and SRTrooper program for allowing me to run this. Lastly as you see I am currently not on any other supplements. Save 2000mg of Vitamin d daily and 1000mg of L-lysine. Not even protein shakes.......

Journal pages 30-35 contain info on Evolve.

So for those of you who want to you can look up every ingredient in here. However I figured I would hit the ones that I find important and or unique to me.

First I will say that they list all the ingredients so you know what is going in your body which is cool. The only thing not separated out is the filler flavor section, but hey not everybody can be NutraBio Right?

L-Citrullinge DL-Malate @6000mg: So this is used to increase blood flow. Dosages range from 1mg to 20mg per day. Smaller doses are for helping with some issues people have "down Below" to a sports benefit of increased endurance and such if used 1hr before workouts. Normal dosage seems to be between 6 and 10 Grams, I have noticed I tolerate 6g well, but if I go up I need to hit the bathroom before my workout.

Beta Alanine @2500mg: This helps in strength and endurance and is really a staple. The effective dose mostly found is 3.2g per day so this is a little low in my opinion. However this is the tingly face supplement so maybe you might like it better.

The next few I think are kind of basic, Choline Bitartrate, Agmatine Sulfate, Beet root Extract (blood flow), N-Acetyl-L-Tyrosine.

Caffeine Anhydrous @ 300mg. This is a nice dose as most studies that I have read indicate at least 200mg. It could go higher for stimulant addicts, or a little lower for people who are sensitive and like to watch Opera re-runs. It dose make it harder to double dose though. I found when I didn't use everyday it worked well, at the last week when I went to everyday it started to go away pretty fast.
Rhodiola, Kegilia Africanus Extract, Theobromine and Yohimbine HCL, finish out the ingredients. Two of which I want to acknowledge.

Kegilia Africanus Extract @ 75mg: This is one spot where DHMA comes from. It is used to stop all sorts of skin conditions as well as reduce swelling. I found multiple dosages with 75mg being right in the mix for effectiveness.

Yohimbine HCL @ 1mg: What the heck, why bother putting that in here. I found dosages between 5mg and 30mg. But 1mg? Why bother, I also noticed that it is best to take this everyday, and on an empty stomach. So in my humble opinion, ditch this or increase the dosage.

Taste is actually important to me as I age. When I look back at the crap I drank for results in my youth I am amazed. That being said, If it tasted like crap and worked way way better, we would all be on that. So the idea is to use 1 scoop with 8 to 12 Ounces of water.

8 Ounces = Very tart and strong.

9 Ounces = less tart and one of the better combos

10 Ounces = for most of the run what I used as it made the flavor right in the middle

11-12 ounces = seemed to become more "Sweet" with the more water I added.

The flavor I received is Raspberry Lemonade which does vary company to company. Since I normally took this in the morning I found it more enjoyable in the 9-10 ounce serving. Overall I liked the flavor and had no issues downing it, or drinking it over 10 to 20 minutes.

Mixability: I use a shaker cup with a ball whisk and had no issues with mixability. I didn't notice any grit and the product seemed smooth. However I did have some white clingy's on the sides of my shaker cup, not much but I did notice it.

Dosing: Pretty simple and straight forward. 1 scoop in 8 to 12 Ounces of water. If you can't figure that out you will get kicked out of planet fitness every time for being a meathead. Also to note I didn't go above 1 scoop as a single dose has 300mg of caffeine. They do suggest that if you are sensitive to caffeine you should start out with a half dose.

I found this product to be pretty effective. Is it the most powerful pre on the market, nope, I know of a few that hit harder. It did work for me though. I found that when I was only using it 3 times a week it worked really well. However when I started using it everyday it really started to lag off. So for those of you who would use it 4 to 6 times a week you will probably notice diminished results.

So currently on their website it is listed at $31.99 however their Facebook page has a discount for August 2017, 20% off with code August20. Making it $25.59
Currently that is the only spot I find it. Not on my normal sites, www.tigerfitness.com, www.bodybuilding.com, or www.prosource.net

However with the discount it makes it about a buck a serving which I think is a great deal. There are 25 servings per container which should get most people through a month at least depending on usage.

Side Effects

I had no negative side effects on this product. I felt good and energized for this run.

Conclusion

Overall I thought this is a fine Mid-level Pre-workout. If you are looking for really high stims then you need to look elsewhere. Also some of you might decide that you need to add to this to make it "perfect". But for me, if I could find it on sale I'd give it another go around. I can see how newer people might not adjust to the 300mg of caffeine, but that is what half scoops are made for. I would be ok with telling other people to give this a shot and see how it performs for them. One other thing to note is that I think I got 26 and a half servings out of this so that is a good sign that you are getting what you pay for.
  • Raspberry Lemonade: 8/10

Other Prices:
Raw Iron Performance   $31.99

July 20, 2017

• Love The Flavor
  • Mostly Underdosed
  • One Flavor
  • Slightly Expensive

First and foremost I would like to thank Raw Iron Perfomance for sending me out their product so I could try it and review it for you guys. I would also like to thank SR for providing me the opportunity and the tools so that I can share with you guys my experience. I'm a 39 year old gym rat who goes to the gym 5 times a week and also plays soccer twice a week. In my age any boost of energy is a good thing. I also look for focus and mood additions because being this old and seeing what this world is all about ... any mood enhancers are welcome. When I noticed this pre-workout I wanted to check out one of the ingredients called Orchilean since it's been boosted as 3 times stronger than DMAA. I've been taking pre-workout with caffeine and last pre-workout I took had DMHA which was nice ...

Citrulline Malate a vasodilator is the cornerstone of the NO production. What is means is that you will be able to pump more blood to your muscles which in return will get more nutrients so that they can perform longer. The main advantage if taking this amino acid is to reduce fatigue so that you can increase your reps. The does here is 6 grams but 8 grams is the ideal "sweet spot". I'm not sure why they didn't just add the 2 grams to make it a clinical dosage.

Beta-Alanine is almost included in all PWO's ... this is what give you the tingles on your skin. The reason why this ingredient is included because it will help you in endurance. The way beta-alanine does this by effectively buffering lactic acid build and also improving myofibrilar calcium sensitivity. The 2.5 grams dosage is under dosed compared to the recommended dosage of 3.2 grams.

Agmatine Sulfate is jack of all trades and master of none. It does multiple stuff for your body that can help you with the workout. It regulates your NO levels it, it has anti-anxiety attributes that will give you a mental edge, analgesic which means it can help you with pain. Overall a very good supplement that should be in every PWO. The dosage of 1 grams is on the sweet spot so kudos to evolve.

Theobromine is mostly found in cocoa and it is a vasodilator that will widened your vains for that pump feeling. You get only 50 grams which is very low ... The usual studies went didn't go lower than 200 mg ... So i'm not sure what effect it would have if any ... It is suggested that 350 to 500 mg is the optimal range for this to have an effect.

Beet root extract is another supplement that will help you with NO. This mainly is the source of nitrates to help relax your blood vessels for a better blood flow. There are people out there that think that only Nitrates will help with NO and everything else is just a fad. I noticed a suggestion of 500 mg so it seems that this is ideally dosed.

Orchilean is another vasodilator that should help you with endurance. It also should help you adapt with stressful challenges so the pain that you feeling should not be that severe. The dosage of 150mg meets the recommended dosage.

Choline bitatrate is used for congitive support. It could also, if you take it with L-Carnitine, help you burn that stored fat faster. Unfortunately, this PWO does not come with L-Carnitine. So, mostly this should help you with cognitive support so that you can stay focused on your tasks and remember how many reps you did :P. The dose of 1 gram is ideal because more could give you unwanted headache.

N-Acetyl-L-Tyrosine is another nootropic like choline to help you with your mood. It's an amino acid that will help you with producing noradrenaline and dopamine that help you feel good. It should help you with memory even though you are under stress.

Rhodiola (5% Rosavins) should help you with stress. It should give a positive jolt to your mood. The minimum suggest dosage is 200 milligrams so 125 is a bit under dosed.

Yohimbine HCL is usually used with products that help you loose fat. I personally am not a big fan of this ingredient. So when I noticed it's 1 mg which is 1/4 of the recommended minimum I was actually happy. This has some other proposed benefits especially for man ... but at 1 mg it's not even worth mentioning it.

Caffeine Anhydrous - Caffeine without water that is the main stimulant here to provide energy. At 300 mg the dosage for me is ideal and it's not overwhelming. This would be a good start for anyone.

Lastly Kegilia Africanus Extract which there is not much on it ... especially in the spelling provided. This is what I got about the compound based on one of the internet sites "Containing antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties, this ingrediant is used for protection of inflammation of the joints, muscles, or fibours tissues of the body." I'm not sure about the dosage so I can't tell you if 75mg is good enough or not.

This is one of the best tasting PWO's I have tasted till this day. I thought Kraken was not bad but this pre-workout completely surpasses it in taste. They only have one flavor which is raspberry lemonade. I can't stress enough that if you are tired of nasty tasting PWO's and need a break than go for this product. I've taken one scoop of this with 8oz of water and gulped it down with pleasure. I took this usually 30 minutes before my workout. The tube in the second half of usage started clumping terrible ... with that it was getting harder to mix. I actually had to eat the PWO like candy because there was just no way it was going to mix. Example pictures added to the review.

This pre-workout in my opinion is ideally meant for beginners. It gave me a good amount of energy throughout the workout. Other than energy I didn't feel anything special for endurance or cognitive boost. I did not see any of my vains popping out like crazy, and I didn't feel that tunnel vision or euphoria. I felt the pre-workout but nothing overwhelming. I would like that it did one thing better than other but it did not. Actually, I should take it back because it did taste AWESOME! ... But everything after that was ok. I think this would be a great start for anyone that is about to get into pre-workout supplementation. There isn't enough Beta-Alanine to give you those massive irritating tingles and I personally didn't feel any, so that you can start with this to slowly get accustomed to them. My endurance was ok but nothing noticeable. Energy was there for a long time so I was happy about that. For example on Wednesdays I do Parallette Training and HIIT training which is hour and half total of both training. After that I do some shoulders and than go play soccer for 2 hours. The energy did stay with me trough all that time so this pre-workout did it's main job.

Currently the manufacturer has cut down on the price to $31.99 per tube. That comes out to $1.28 per serving. The price isn't that bad compared to others but this an average price for an average product in my opinion. For some reason it was not available on Amazon today so I hope they clear that issue and bring it back because I'm a prime member and free shipping is always welcome.

Side Effects

None for me. No jitters and no crushes. The energy levels was very steady.

Conclusion

I have already mentioned it that this PWO would be ideal to a beginner who wants to supplement for a boost to his workout. This will give anyone a good burst of energy for a very long time. It will help with endurance and probably be more effective if the consumer is not accustomed to Beta-Alanine. This has basic cognitive support to help stay focused and determined. It's a good PWO, but other than taste it did not stand out for me.
  • Raspberry Lemonade: 10/10

Other Prices:
Raw Iron Performance   $31.99

May 23, 2017

• Endurance
  • Solid Focus
  • Solid Performance
What's up ladies and gents! I wanted to review Raw Iron Performance's (RIP) preworkout called Evolve. First, let me say thank you to Raw Iron Performance and SR.com for giving the small people like me the chance to try these products. I really appreciate it. I have become a pretty regular preworkout taker over the years. Every once in awhile I give myself a few weeks off to try and reset my central nervous system. I took a few weeks off of taking it and so I was excited to try Evolve when I saw it was available to try.

I am always pretty stoked when I see a product that lists its ingredients individually rather than as a prop blend. Evolve does just this. I enjoy knowing exactly what I'm putting in my body so that I know what I am supposed to expect. Over the last few years I cannot remember buying a preworkout that was a prop blend. Kudos to RIP for doing this.

If you're reading this you probably know what to expect from ingredients like Citruline Maleate(6g's), caffeine(300mg's), Beta Alanine(2.5g's), and agmatine sulfate(1g). If you don't then definitely look them up and you will begin to see why people enjoy a certain amount of each of these in their preworkouts.

I usually use this section to tell you about ingredients that you and I may not know about.

Choline Bitarirate is a brain supplement than can help almost everyone get more out of their brain. It is a natural nutrient that is already found within our body and even is produced internally, although on a very limited basis. It is found in a number of different food sources like eggs, meat, fish, peanuts, broccoli, and other foods. Choline Bitartrate is simply Choline combined with a chemical salt to help its absorption. Within the brain, this nutrient supports nerve development and the growth and production of cell membranes. It also actually repairs old and worn out cell membranes, helping them to continue functioning properly. The FDA has established the recommended dosage of Choline at 550 mg for men each day and for women is 425 mg daily. As you can see by the label you get 1g per serving so on the days you take this you are getting more than enough which studies show is ok. Some sites even say you can take as much as 3g's per day with no side effects.

Beet Root Extract- Beets are used along with medications in the treatment of liver diseases and fatty liver. They are also used to help lower levels of triglycerides (a type of fat) in the blood, lower blood pressure, and to improve athletic performance.

Orchilean, also known as Cymbidium Goeringii Extract is an adaptogenic herb derived from the Noble orchid a flowering plant used in traditional medicine in China, Nepal and Northern India. In it's natural form Cymbidium Goeringii is a botanical tonic that can greatly improve the body's ability to increase energy levels and adapt to stress. You put your body under a lot of stress while working out so it would only seem natural to take have a supplement in your preworkout that would help your body deal with the stress you are putting it under. Orchilean works to help the body adapt to various stressful challenges such as those during high intensity training or environmental stressors including pollutants and toxins.

Kegilia Africanus Extract- This one I had no clue about so I had to look up some things on it. According to some websites I looked at is seems as if it is an extract of African plant commonly known as the sausage tree. The research on this ingredient is limited, but it does appear to have skin-soothing and antioxidant properties. If my preworkout wants to help my skin as well then I'm all for it. :)

So there is some information for you on some ingredients you probably aren't to familiar with that just happen to be in this particular preworkout.

Taste- Taste was good to me. Just saw one flavor and that was the one I received raspberry lemonade. It's actually one of the better tasting preworkouts I've had. Mixing was not an issue I would throw in a scoop of creatine and it mixed about as well as I could've expected considering creatine doesn't really mix well with anything. When I mixed it by itself it didn't seem to have any grittiness or "frothiness" at the top either. Dosing is pretty standard as well. If you are stim sensitive start with a 1/2 scoop. If you aren't go for the full dose of 1 scoop.

The first few times I took it I felt like I couldn't stop talking to people. I had jitters like crazy but I like that. If that's not your thing then you might want to consider the 1/2 scoop option. Once I got into the workout I was able to focus and go hard and get through some grueling workouts. The first couple of weeks I felt like I was dragging towards the end of my workouts. However, once I started taking Evolve I had the energy I needed during and even after my workouts. Not going to lie thought, those first 5-10 minutes in the gym I felt like I wanted to talk to everyone and that's not really my style. I like to get in and get done. I can't knock the product for this though. I learned to control it and it was fine. Just giving you a warning. The other noticeable thing with Evolve is the pump I received. It was exactly what I expected with 6g's of Cit Mal in it. I always enjoy a good solid pump. It's a big motivator to me while in the gym. While taking this I started a high rep workout program so that definitely helped the pump as well. So overall, the energy was great, the pump was great, and I didn't really crash like I have with other products.

$37.99 for 25 servings is where it gets me though. I like Evolve. If I was out in the market for a PWO though I might be more prone to pickup some Outlift or others instead of Evolve. If they were to drop the price to around $30 for 25 servings I could see myself picking up another bottle. I don't like paying $1.50/serving for anything if I don't have to. Not saying I wouldn't but I would try to catch a deal on this.

Side Effects

Didn't notice any real side effects except the jitters I had for the first 5-10 minutes I was in the gym causing me to want to talk a lot.

Conclusion

In conclusion, Evolve is a SOLID preworkout that I feel you should try at least once. That way you can see if you like it. I haven't seen many reviews on it but I can't imagine that there are folks out there who don't like it. It' has a solid ingredient profile, taste great, and WORKS! What more can you ask for? A cheaper price maybe?? Once again, thanks to the folks at RIP (Raw Iron Performance) and sr.com for allowing me to give this a shot. I appreciate it.
  • Raspberry Lemonade: 9/10

May 12, 2017

• Endurance
  • Taste

Back at it again today with a review of a preworkout by Raw Iron Performance called Evolve. I consistently use preworkouts before heading to the gym as I normally hit the weights in between my two jobs so I am looking for that added energy and endurance. Also because of this I need a preworkout that doesn't make you crash as I usually don't go home to relax afterwards and I need my wits about me. This proved to be a very solid option. On to the review.

Nothing evolutionary here, common, very good ingredients, in a fully disclosed label. We have ingredients here focused in all the areas a preworkout should be in terms of energy, pumps, endurance, and focus. Some of the highlights:

Pump: Citrulline 6g, Agmatine 1g, Beet Root 500 mg
Endurance: Beta Alanine 2.5 g
Focus: Tyrosine 500 g
Energy: An assortment of Caffeine 300 mg, and Yohimbine, Theombromine, etc.

All of these are pretty common ingredients for a preworkout, and they are well dosed. Doesn't seem too over the top stim wise, and a nice blend of ingredients to provide multiple benefits. Overall, profile looks very solid so I was excited to see how it performed.

There's only one flavor of this, raspberry lemonade, and it was fantastic. Not too sweet, not too sour, absolutely perfect. Looked forward to taking it everytime. Mixability was great, mixed fine with no grittiness. Dosing is standard as 1 scoop preworkout, 1/2 scoop to assess tolerance.

Best workouts of my life? No, but this provided the energy and endurance I needed every time and kept me in the gym. I think the strongest component of this preworkout was the endurance. I did receive the Beta Alanine tingles upon taking, although they did go away near the end of the tub. I am doing a lot of cardio after my lifting while cutting and this kept my energy and endurance going where I could extend the number of sets as well as time on cardio. Being in a caloric deficit, low carb, working out after work, this was greatly appreciated and I can honestly thank this pre for improving my workouts. The pumps were great when I got them, but were a little hit or miss for me but I can say that may be because of the diet as well. I did not get a lot of focus support from this, and I do love when a preworkout gets some solid nootropics involved for focus and mood elevation as that can be very helpful for me. This may be an area I look for an improvement on, but overall this helped increase the load and intensity of my workouts so I can't complain very much at all, a very solid preworkout from start to finish.

This is where this product takes a hit, as it's pretty new and not distributed in a ton of places. Average price is around $40 for 25 servings. At this price, I would hesitate to buy it again as there are some great preworkouts out there at a better value. If the price were to come down/got it on a great sale I would buy it again in a heartbeat, but it has to become more competitive here.

Side Effects

None to speak, no crash at all.

Conclusion

This is a very solid preworkout with great ingredients that worked every time I used it, however the price needs to be a little more competitive.

May 3, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Solid Performance
  • Solid Focus

A big thank you goes out to Raw Iron Performance for allowing me to review their pre-workout as my first TROOPER review! I am a 26 year old firefighter from Ohio who has enjoyed weightlifting for a few years now. I really enjoy trying new and different supplements. During my use of this product I also took a protein powder, multivitamin, fish oil, and an amino powder.

I am very impressed with the ingredient profile they have gathered for this product. They use effective ingredients at clinical doses. The best part about their ingredient label to me is that there are NO PROPRIETARY BLENDS! This is huge to me when is comes to breaking down a products label. Well first off they start with L-Citrulline DL Malate at 6,000mg for some pump! Next up they have 2,500mg of Beta Alanine to help increase performance in high intensity activities. Following that they provide 1,000mg of Choline Bitartate which is a nootropic ingredient that is going to give you focus. Next up is agmatine sulfate at 1,000mg which is a precursor to arginine and is gonna provide a pump to you. Then we have Beet Root Extract at 500mg which is also going to be a pump factor. Following that there is N-Acetyl-L-Tyrosine at 500mg which is going to provide you more focus. Next up is everyones favorite Caffeine Anhydrous at 300mg to provide that boost of energy. Next up is the very little studied Orchilean at 150mg which is believed to increase performance during high intensity activities. Following that is 125mg of Rhodiola (5% Rosavins) which promotes improved overall performance. Next is Kegelia Africanus Extract at 75mg which is the plant that DMHA (Basically this is replacing DMAA) that provides mood enhancement and overall performance enhancement. Next is 50mg of Theobromine which provides a boost in energy. Lastly at 1mg is Yohimbine HCL which promotes fat loss, endurance, and overall performance. As I said earlier this preworkout is packed with ingredients that work and get the job done.

The taste of this preworkout is awesome. The taste was spot on to the flavor is was supposed to be. My only complaint was that the flavor is VERY very sweet. That is not much to complain about though. I simply used a minimum of 12 ounces of water and often more which toned the sweetness down perfectly in my opinion. The powder mixed up just fine every single time I used it. There were never any clumps or any stuck to the side of the shaker. Occasionally I would notice some leftover powder at the bottom of the shaker but a quick shake dispersed it evenly again. I felt the dosing of this preworkout per one serving scoop was perfect. At one scoop I felt all ingredients were potent enough to provide their intended purposes.

I was very pleased with the effectiveness of this product. I felt a solid rush of energy every time I took it. The energy stayed with me throughout my entire lift and even afterwards. I never experienced any energy crashes after my lifts. I felt my performance was boosted quite well. During my usage I feel I made good muscle gains and definitely made strength / rep gains. Everytime I was in the gym I definitely felt focused on each and every set. I felt the focus was solid. The pumps I experienced were good but not skin ripping or anything crazy. I cant complain too much about that because everything else worked so well. I definitely think this is a very effective preworkout.

I was only able to find this product on the companies own website. It shows that it usually costs $42 but is currently on sale at $39. Each tub contains 25 servings and it breaks down to about $1.60 a serving which can be a little pricey depending on what people usually take as a preworkout. It definitely works so if you dont mind spending the money then its recommended.

Side Effects

I experienced no side effects while I used this product.

Conclusion

Overall I highly recommend this product to anyone who is looking to try a new effective preworkout. When taking this I felt it provided an excellent boost in everything I need to have a great lift in the gym. I felt all the ingredients were solid and worked everytime. For me this was a true once scooper during my entire usage. I did not feel like I was building any tolerance to it at all. Whether your a newbie to preworkouts or a veteran I would recommend it to both. I give Raw Iron Performance a big thumbs up on this product and look forward to seeing what they have in store for the future!
    • Raspberry Lemonade: 8/10