AMINO MEND Reviews

By: RARI Nutrition

AMINO MEND is a BCAA/Intra-Workout manufactured by RARI Nutrition. BCAA is short for branched chain amino acids. They are the building blocks of protein and can increase protein synthesis, muscle recovery and endurance during workouts and have also been shown to reduce body fat.

Overall
Thanks to RARI Nutrition for sending it out!
  October 13, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Better Recovery
  • Decreased DOMs
  • Endurance
  • Hydration
  • On The More Expensive Side

Amino Mend is an interesting newcomer to the market of BCAAs supplements that can provide the goodness of BCAAs while adding hydration support.

A special thanks to RARI Nutrition for their participation on SR.com and apologies for the slight tardiness of this review. Today, I discuss my experiences with Amino Mend. From my experiences, BCAAs are most useful with recovery, but also aid in pre and intra workout as well. They are one of the most versatile products out there and fit into any personal fitness goals.

The profile is fully disclosed with no prop blends.

Each serving provides a 2:1:1 ratio of the BCAAs L-leucine, L-isoleucine, and L-valine. This totals 5g of BCAAs with L-leucine being the highest dosed among the three.

Next is 2g of glutamine. Glutamine is well known for enhancing recovery, supporting muscle repair, and having immune system benefits. However, at a mere 2g, this ingredient is under dosed considering its effective range is 5-10g.

Following is 1g of citrulline malate. Citrulline malate helps to buffer lactic acid and increase plasma arginine levels. This results in improvements in pump and endurance. With an effective dosage range of 4-8g, 1g definitely leaves a lot to be desired. In other words, it's underdosed.

Afterwards is 1g of taurine. Taurine has a host of benefits including recovery support, pump and circulation enhancement, heart an brain health and can even support healthy testosterone levels. It's effective dosage range is said to be up to 2g, but bodybuilder have reported as high at 8-10g. Either way, 1g is also underdosed.

Finally we have an electrolyte blend that is derived from 250mg of coconut water powder. From the coconut water we have 120mg of sodium, 100mg of potassium, 10mcg of vitamin B6, 30mcg of vitamin B12, and 120mg of vitamin C.

I received the mango mojito flavor. To me, it wasn't bad, but at the same time could use a little improvement. I found it to have a bit of a more diluted fruity taste than what I was expecting, even with the use of less liquid. Still, not a bad flavor.

It mixed thoroughly and fully with no problems.

During the first week, I used only one scoop post workout to see if I could get away with a single serving. However, I found one servin to be somewhat underwhelming. Therefore, I bumped it up to two scoops post workout and used two servings from the second week on.

Since I was using Workhorse as intra workout support at the time of Amino Mend, to prevent overlap I stuck to using the Amino Acids only post workout. At times it was mixed with a serving of SMART Creatine by VMI, but this was rare and I kept the servings of the products spaced out most of the time.

In any case, I found Amino Mend to greatly aid in my recovery as well as help restore hydration levels. My DOMS and lethargy post workout and in the following days were significantly reduced and I was less groggy and bogged from the exertion from my training sessions.

I found that this increase in recovery helped compliment improvements in my endurance levels and I was able to power through all of my training session equally aggressively.

I also felt more energetic throughout the days leading up to my training sessions and all throughout my job shifts. This is especially useful when you work in healthcare.

Cheapest I found Amino Mend was 30 dollars on Amazon, which also right now has a coupon deal for 10% off with free shipping. This brings the cheapest price to about 27 dollars. You get 30 servings in each tub, but if you have to use two scoops like me that's gonna bring the value down some. I don't think that is the worst or most expensive value by any means, but it is on the more expensive side for a BCAAs product. I still think it's worth the price for the efficacy. Just see if you could get by with one scoop.

Side Effects

Conclusion

Although on the pricey side for the double serving users, Amino Mend is a very good and effective newcomer to the market of amino products. It will help restore your hydration and improve your recovery, allowing you to continuously power through training sessions with equally more aggression and feel more energetic throughout your days. Be sure to train hard and get plenty of sleep and eat clean as I always say.

WARMACHINE OUT!!!

GO RED SOX!!!
  • Mango Mojito : 7/10

Overall
Thanks to RARI Nutrition for sending it out!
  September 26, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Decreased DOMs
  • Better Recovery
  • On The More Expensive Side

Graet when double scooped but also pricey when double scooped

What is going on guys? I'm here to review the Rari Aminos that come in a sleek black container. The packaging was nice and the label was just enough to get me interested. I'd like to thank SR and Rari Nutrition for making this review possible. Lets get it!

The highlights:
Fully Disclosed Label

5g of BCAAs in the classic 2:1:1 ratio: the known minimum dose to help lower degree of muscle soreness (DOMs) and improv your overall recovery from workout to workout. your body can also burn them for energy if necessary.

2g of Glutamine: recovery aid that's most effective for me personally in doses of 5g and up, but I like seeing any amount on a BCAA supplement for added benefits

1g of Citrulline Malate: now this is something that you don't see everyday. Citrulline Malate is renown for its ability to improve ones pumps, so you don't usually see it in a BCAA product. The clinical dose for skin shredding pumps is usually 6 to 8g, but maybe they have this in here to help widen the blood vessels enough to shuttle the BCAAs/ glutamine faster throughout the body. I like seeing it on the label and it could definitely help out your pumps if your pairing it with a pre-workout that already has a foundation of NO boosters.

1g of Taurine: This supports optimal blood flow and because of the better blood flow it can be useful in supporting energy, muscle strength and endurance.

They also add a small electrolyte blend of potassium, sodium, and coconut water powder at the end. as far as BCAA labels go, i like this one for the overall diversity that the product brings. The 5g of BCAAs are pretty standard by my scale but the addition of the other things in here are what make this product interesting for me.

Taste: Strawberry Watermelon was absolutely solid. Not some weird flavor, not too sweet, just a solid clean watermelon based flavor.

Mixibility: One of the easiest products I've had to mix. No issues

Dosage: 1-2 servings per day. I pretty much used 2 servings throughout my trial with this product. I would sip on two scoops mixed into a gallon of water throughout the day (which helped me hydrate a lot easier because it actually tasted good).

At decreasing DOMs, this product did as expected. Two scoops absolutely lowered my DOMs after intense workouts and had me waking up not feeling as stiff as I would've been if i wasn't taking anything. And I mean stiff as in the morning after a war-like pull session and you cant straighten your arms out all the way because your biceps are so sore/tight. This product didn't completely alleviate my soreness obviously, but it had me going in the right direction. The double scoop also got my glutamine intake up to 4g a day and that along with the BCAAs I felt really helped out my recovery. I was able to hit my workout the next day without feeling super run down or burnt out.

I found this for $39.95 on Amazon. that comes out to around $1.33 per serving. You can definitely find BCAAs with a 5g serving for a lot cheaper out there so this product takes a hit here. You just have to decide if the extra add-ins that make this product unique are worthy of a price increase.

Side Effects

Conclusion

This is a pretty dang good BCAA product when double scooped, however that can make the product a little pricey.