(Better than 25% in Pre-Workout > Stimulant)

Formula X is a Pre-Workout manufactured by Rage Nutrition. It is designed to help provide a pre-training advantage by increasing mental focus, muscle performance, endurance and blood flow. This creates an environment optimal for increasing muscle mass and losing body fat.

6.6
  September 26, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Extreme Energy Levels
  • Only 20 Servings
  • Terrible Taste
  • Possible Error In Labeling One Of The Ingredients

This never really worked well for me. There were too many ingredients in play and the combination along with a really bad flavor prevented me from getting a good workout. I just felt sick the whole time and had too much energy to focus on my lift. A lesson in placement over power if there ever was one.

I hate to give bad reviews, especially for a company that is trying to break into the industry, but I need to be honest here. I am someone that lifts early in the morning and needs a high stim pre workout to get me going. That's certainly what Formula X is, but unfortunately it's too much. There are a host of ingredients that should lead to exactly what's promised: skin splitting pumps, laser like focus, and off the charts energy. Unfortunately, I never experienced the first two.

Formula X built their ingredient panel bigly.

First, we have a full host of vitamin B ingredients, followed by electrolytes sodium and potassium.

Citrulline - 4g - I assume this is straight citrulline, otherwise the commonly bonded malate would be listed. 4g is a solid dose and should produce pumps for anyone.
Beta Alanine - 3.2g - A clinical dose of a great stamina-boosting ingredient. Great for adding a couple reps, a few seconds to your static hold, or some distance to your run.
Betaine Anhydrous - 3g - 3g is a great measurement, but you usually need to take this multiple times a day to yield the full benefits. It's supposedly great for overall organ function, especially cardiac functions, and can increase protein synthesis to assist in growing muscle mass.
Agmatine Sulfate - 1g - I don't think I've seen a dose this large of agmatine in a blend before. This should work well to build pumps, but some people have a negative response to it and lose their pumps.
Norvaline - 200mg - This won't actually assist in the pumps, but will instead create an environment where the ingredients that do assist your pumps can really thrive. Norvaline stunts arginase activity, which eliminates the ability for your body to restrict nitric oxide levels.
Tyrosine - 1g - The first of a few nootropics; Tyrosine limits stress and improves cogntion. This is a bigger dose than I've seen in many other ingredients, but it's a bit of a waste anyway. Tyrosine can only really be effective at very large doses over a long period of time. The evidence for it having immediate effects, in order to have benefits in a product like a PWO, is very limited.
Caffeine Anhydrous - 400mg - Scary that this is just the beginning of the stimulants.
Alpha GPC - 300mg - I love Alpha GPC but you'd need to see this ingredient doubled to have any real purpose here. If there were more, it would assist in focus and increase strength slightly.
Phenethyl Dimethylamine Citrate (aka) Eria Jarensis extract (DMHA) - 250mg - This is a powerful stimulant and nootropic. 250mg is the top end common dose.
Theobromine - 200mg - Another stimulant, but also a kick butt nootropic, something to make you breathe better, a cavity preventer, weight loser, gout reducer, sleep inducer, toxin remover... it's great.
Infinergy - 75mg - Caffeine bonded to malate... it absorbs more smoothly and slowly, for a longer period of time than caffeine anhydrous. It will help prevent a crash after taking this product.
Hordenine HCL - 75mg - This is a great dose; this is another nootropic ingredient that should improve energy levels, focus and mood.
Isopropyl Norsynephrine - 50mg - This looks like a brand new ingredient, similar to and more potent than synephrine, and supposedly very efficacious as a fat loss agent.
Huperzine A - 10mg - This is another nootropic, but I think it's mislabeled. Usually this ingredient is measured in micrograms (mcg) and 10mcg would be a commonly used measurement. 10mg would be about 5x what's normally considered the highest recommended dose.
Bioperine - 5mg - Included to help increase absorption of other ingredients
Rauwolfia Vomitoria Extract - 3mg - I've never been a big fan of this. It seems to be a common dosage but I've never realized a benefit when incorporated in a preworkout; just nausea.

Dosing - 15-20 minutes prior to working out; I started with 3/4 scoop, increased to a full scoop, had a difficult time stomaching both, decreased to a half scoop, still had difficulty, and resumed the full scoop to hit the energy levels I wanted while knowing I was basically going to feel sick the whole time regardless.
Mixability - Average, some settling but no clumping
Taste - Terrible. Candy Fusion flavor has a heavy chemical taste to it and is only offset by sweetness. It gave me a stomach ache for hours after my first sip, every time.

I never had a great workout with this stuff. I always managed to have a good sweat, usually a cold sweat, and my energy levels were through the roof, but the focus wasn't there despite the heavy incorporation of nootropics that should have significantly increased my ability to concentrate. I felt sick to my stomach the whole time due to either the taste, heavy stimulants, or ingredient blend. Because of the incessant nausea I couldn't bring myself to go tremendously heavy in my lifts because I was scared I'd throw up or experience a spontaneous BM. Even after going to the bathroom the nausea wouldn't subside. I'd tend to force myself to eat something after my workout which would finally start to lessen the stomach discomfort.

Altogether the energy was tremendous, but it was simply unbridled, unrefined, and had too many sides to be worthwhile.

I will say, I didn't experience a terrible crash energy-wise from this.

I believe this is only for sale on the company's website. It's on what appears to be a permanent sale for $49.99 + shipping (~$5). That brings it to 20 servings for about $2.75/ea. That's way too expensive. The price is probably justified due to the sheer number of ingredients included and their proper dosages, but they don't seem to play well together and some are still not likely to be helpful. Rage Nutrition really needs to find a way to get their one and only product to a more competitive price point.

Side Effects

Nausea for hours, digestive discomfort, jitters

Conclusion

Overall, Formula X just needs work. I think the idea of a company focusing on just one product is interesting, but I think they need to focus a bit harder. If you're only going to do one thing I think it really needs to be perfect. The taste needs to be way, way better. As is it's hardly drinkable. I think they need to cut down on the ingredients as well... there's just too much going on here.

Thanks to Rage Nutrition for participating here; hopefully there is some useful feedback here to use.
  • Candy fusion : 2/10

6.8
  August 29, 2018

• Good Price At Half Serving
  • Crash

Formula X delivers high intensity stimulants for those junkies out there who need all of the boosts they can, but it does lack in other areas keeping it a pre workout for a very specific target market.

Whats up SR, finally getting around to dropping my reviews here. I am still training hypertrophy style workouts in the early mornings. Those early mornings mean that I need all of the help I can get from a pre workout, which is why I chose to review this product. Thanks to Rage Nutrition and the Trooper program for hooking me up as always, I apologize for how late this review is, life happens sometimes, but thats no excuse.

So luckily for us we do have a fully disclosed ingredient profile, something that is always nice to see especially in pre workouts. The label goes as follows:

Thiamine B1 - 10mg
Niacin B3v - 30mg
Pyrodoxine B6 - 20mg
B12 - 200mcg
Sodium - 200mg
Potassium - 200mg
L-Citrulline - 4g
Beta Alanine - 3.2g (Clinical dosage)
Betaine - 3 g
Agmatine Sulfate - 1 g
L-Norvaline - 200mg
L-Tyrosine - 1g
Caffeine Anhydrous - 400mg
Alpha GPC - 300mg
N-Phenyl Dimethylamine citrate e - 250 mg
Theobromine - 200mg
Dicaffeine malate - 75mg (slower digesting caffeine)
Hordenine HCL - 75mg
Isopropyl norsynephrine - 50mg
Huperzine A - 10mg
Bioperine - 5mg
Rauwolfia vomitoria extract - 3mg

Okay so some things to note here: There is 475mg of Caffeine in this product, that is an absurdly large amount regardless of the other stimulants used in this product, so please be aware that this dosage is very high even though it is multi sourced. There is not much in the way of mental focus pieces, its very (VERY) stimulant heavy but besides the Alpha GPC there really isn't all that much to help with focus. Good doses of Agmatine and Citrulline are always nice to see when it comes to pump boosting as well.

This currently comes in one flavor: Candy Fusion. I don't really know how I would personally describe candy fusion. It is very sweet and more on the citrus side of things, it isn't my favorite flavor but it was manageable to take. Mixability was fine for me as well. Dosing is where I did mess around a bit, my tub came with a note from the owner warning me to start with a half serving and work my way up from there, that was fantastic advice and something anyone who takes this should try.

Lets break this down into the key categories for a pre workout shall we:

Energy: Okay this has obviously has some pop to it, anything with that many stims is likely to get you buzzing. Personally at the full one scoop serving this was far too much stimulation, not mentally but more physically, I felt really shaky and my heart rate would get out of control quickly thus making me feel weak. at the half scoop/ three quarter scoop I did not have these same issues although I would occasionally catch my heart rate rising a little too quickly. I did feel a crash at the full scoop serving as well, which I really hate, but never at the lower doses. The energy is there with this product no doubt

Pump: The pumps on this were decent at best. I can't really say that I felt a noticeable difference strictly from taking this. I would have liked a higher dose of Citrulline or some muscle volumizers (like glycerol) to help really kick the pump and vascularity into high gear. Decent but nothing to write home about.

Focus: This was where I found the biggest hole with Formula X. I really felt no boost in either mental focus or mood while taking this. Possibly this is due to the high doses of stimulants not allowing me to focus, but I really would have liked to feel dialed in or any sort of elevated state while taking this but I never found it. This was a let down for me, you have to balance stimulants and focus boosters to have a complete pre workout in my mind as the mental focus boost can help synergistically make the stimulants work better.

Endurance and Strength: Anything with a clinical dose of beta alanine at 3.2g is bound to keep the workouts going, zero issues with my endurance. Strength wise I would have liked to see some creatine or something to help with ATP production, but to be fair most pre workouts are trending away from creatine these days, so I cant knock them for it.

This can be found for between $40 and $50 for a 20 serving tub, giving it a very high price point in my book. However if like me you can get away with a half serving, that changes the price to being dramatically better and much closer to $1 per serving, which I have no issue paying.

Side Effects

At a full scoop serving the stimulants are too much, you may experience jitters, shakiness, lack of focus, cold sweats and that is followed by a very hard crash. So be smart and start with a lower dose.

Conclusion

In conclusion if you are a stim junkie this may be just what you are looking for. For myself personally the lack of focus and pump paired with the negative effects of the full serving size places this lower on my list of fave pre workouts. Start with a small serving and you should be okay. This will deliver hard hitting energy but be careful what you wish for.
  • Candy fusion : 6/10

August 22, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Better Endurance
  • Better Recovery
  • Only 20 Servings

This is going to be a pre-workout but with a higher level of stims. If you are a stim junky than you will really enjoy this. The big down side is the price tag and the fact that you only get 20 servings. It is a good product and delivers but the price is hard to accept.

First off I want to thank Rage Nutrition for letting us troopers have the chance to give this product a try. When this first showed up on the trooper list I was checking it out and thought it looked decent and would possible give it a try but had other stuff I needed to finish before I could claim this. When I was out of pre-workout I saw this was still on here and thought I would give it a try. With the higher amounts of caffeine in this I was just a little leery about wanting that much for stims and figured if it was to much I would just back off a little. After using it I was rather surprised and well this really worked.

This has a lot of really good ingredients they put in this to help with energy, pumps, and focus. What I really like is everything is fully disclosed and no prop blends at all.
Thiamine B1 10mg
Isopropyl norsynephrine 50mg
Huperzine A 10mg
Bioperine 5mg
Rauwolfia vomitoria extract 3mg

I really like the ingredients they use and how they dose everything so it all works together really well. This will be a bit higher on stims but also delivers a nice pump and gives you some good focus.

Right now this only comes in one flavor Candy Fusion. This was not real great on taste. This was hard to tell any kind of candy taste to it. It needs to have a much stronger candy taste to it. Also I did notice a bit of a chemical taste to it. I think this flavor really needs to be reformulated so it will taste a lot better.

Had no issues with it mixing at all. Mixed up really well with no clumping or little pieces left over in my shaker cup. With this being so heavy on stims I would say start out with at least half a scoop and work your way up to a full scoop. I did a little over half a scoop the first time I used it and thought it was fairly strong at that amount. After that I pretty much just stayed at a little over half a scoop and never went the full scoop which I could have but considering there are only 20 servings I did not want to go through so quickly. I could have done a full scoop but just never did.

What I noticed from this right away was the high amounts of stims they use. You get 400mg of caffeine which is a pretty high amount and a bit more than I would normally care to have. I prefer 300-350mg at most but will on occasions do more. When I first started out taking this I could feel this hit me a little harder than what I was use to. Not long after I started using this it did not seem to hit me as hard and it felt pretty good. I think overall this gave me a pretty good steady amount of energy that seemed to last me through out my workouts. Like I said at first it was a little to much but then it calmed down a bit for me and really liked the energy it gave me. I did feel a lot more awake after taking this and got me going more.

As for pumps I really noticed them a lot at first when I started using this. I usually have a hard time noticing pumps but with this I could feel them right away. At first it was a little to much for pumps and then it was not as bad. It seemed like a nice little pump this gave me and helped keep the blood flow and pumping a bit more so in my muscles. My muscles did seem to look and feel a little more full like which was nice. Also I was starting to look a little more vascular because I was noticing a few more veins starting to pop.

I felt the focus and endurance this gave me was pretty good. I felt I was able to block out a lot of other distractions and could better focus on my workouts more. I seemed to be more ready like to do my workouts and had a better mind set. I would say this was on levels with a lot of good nootropic products out there for focus. For endurance I felt I was able to keep going better and not have to take as much time between sets. Also I felt a lot less muscle fatigue in my muscles. Also felt less winded between sets and could keep pushing it more.

As for strength gains I felt this was ok. I did not notice any real big strength gains but felt overall I could perform a little better on my workouts. I would maybe like to see some creatine added to this for added benefits like strength gains and help you perform better. The one little issues I did have was that I did notice a little bit at times a bit of upset stomach. I believe the cause of that was from the Rauwolfa they use. I know in the past when I have had it in other pre-workouts it has given me a little bit of an upset stomach. I did mention something to the company about this and they are thinking of getting rid of this and hope they do.

On one of the other reviews for this they said they founds this on a site called gymntonic.com and I checked it out and it was listed on their for $39.99. The only other place I could find this was on their website and they want $49.99. I think both of these price are way to high considering you are only getting 20 servings. I know the company told me that a lot of people will not do the full scoop and we only do half to 3/4 a scoop so it will last longer but still that is to high for me. I would really like to see them up this to 30 servings at some point.

Side Effects

Nothing really I noticed. I did notice a little bit of upset stomach at times. It was nothing real bad but just enough to notice a little something.

Conclusion

For being a new comer to the pre-workout market I think they have a pretty decent product. If your looking for a good steady energy boost, nice pumps, good mental focus and some good endurance I would highly recommend checking this out. Overall I feel this delivered really well from start to finish for me and would be more than happy to give this another try at some point but first a couple things need to change. The price tag for this I feel is a bit to high considering you only get 20 servings. I would really like to see them up this to 30 like most pre-workouts have. Also they really need to work on the flavor of this a bit and would like to see them add another flavor or two. Can't wait to see what other products this company comes out with next. They have a lot of really good ingredients they put in this and dose everything real well so it is an effective product. Again I want to give a big shout out to Rage Nutrition for making this product and letting me have the chance to give this product a try.
  • Candy fusion : 5/10

July 12, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Better Endurance
  • Better Recovery
  • Only 20 Servings

If you are someone who loves high stim preworkouts that will help you get through even the most grueling workouts, then Formula X is the Pre workout for you. The price is a tad higher than some of the equivalent products on the market, however, you get what you pay for and the quality can be felt in this product.

I would first like to thank Rage Nutrition for sending me a full container of this product to try. I have had my eye on this product for some time and was luckily in the market for a promising Pre workout with some kick. Here lately I have been looking for stuff that is pretty up front with what I am taking and this product did not appear to hide the facts.

The best part about the ingredient profile with Formula X is there is no "fluff" in it. It is straight up dosed with the amounts of the ingredients disclosed. this is a plus.
Profile:

Isopropyl norsynephrine 50mg
Huperzine A 10mg
Bioperine 5mg
Rauwolfia vomitoria extract 3mg

Formula X has a very heavy hitting list of ingredients as you can see in the list. It is throwing in Stimulants, pump ingredients, and focus factor ingredients all in one product not to mention the Bioperine to help with bioavailability of the ingredients to help them all work together in one happy ingredient profile. The Alpha GPC is also interesting as it helps with your focus and brain function. In conjunction with Huperzine l-tyrosine, lazer sharp focus will ensue. Agmatine Sulfate and Citrulline are included to aid in the Pump and N.O. boosting.

TASTE:
Candy Fusion was the flavor that I received. I believe that this is the only flavor currently offered by them. The Taste was not horribly bad. It did leave me with a chemical-like aftertaste that at times made me feel a little queezy. Nothing that I could not overcome though, just to be clear.

Mixability:
Using a standard shaker bottle, I was able to load and mix with ease. There was no clumping involved and no residue left over from shaking. This is more than likely due to no "fillers" in the mix.

Dosing:
The product says 1 scoop. I took one scoop (which is called the "PR Smasher") about 15-30 minutes prior to training. This is typical with most supplements. Company also says that 1/2 scoop and even 3/4 scoop will be sufficient to boost your workouts. I took the full scoop as opposed to the lesser due to a higher tolerance for stims.

8.0/10
I will admit, this product smashed me. My energy levels in the gym were extreme. I was lifting the weights and taking names. My strength was noticeably on point. Sometimes you go to the gym and are not feeling it so your workouts (preworkout) isn't boosting. There was a noticeable difference in my endurance and strength.

My focus and endurance was very good. I would find myself out of my body almost. The only thing in the gym to me was Myself, Iron Maiden, and the weights. I did not dilly around at all. I was in and I was lifting and I actually got all of my sets in on my time allotted (work life) with time to spare. I was able to do more pullups and I was not fatiguing as I usually did.

The pumps I received were very nice. A few sets and my arms were filling up and my veins were coming out. Leg day yielded great results with my squats. Recovery from my workouts were reduced as well. I typically lift 5 days a week and take off two consecutive. I felt I could have thrown another day in there and wouldn't even regret it. I didn't challenge myself in heavy cardio as I felt the stims were pretty high and I personally have concerns for my body in that aspect. When I run I don't use stimulant products. (just me though)

6.5/10
I did not give it a high score on the price, but I didn't give it a bad score. The most inexpensive price I found was 39.99 at their website. This is with the 20% off coupon they provide. This is not an extremely high price for the quality of the product. 2.00 per serving is about what it is adding up to be. I have grown to acknowledge that if you are going to make a highly effective and quality product that will yield a solid effect on the supplement community, it more than likely will not be cheap.

Side Effects

I only had one minor issue while taking this. Gym time was annihilation hour, however when I left and went to the office I was still in game mode. I did not get stable from the stims for a few hours after getting to work. In all reality, it helped me focus a little more at work so this may or may not be a bad effect. However if I had morning court, I would not be sitting still.

Conclusion

8.0/10
Formula X is a product that, if you have Pre workout money laying a round, you should definitely purchase. I am blessed with 3 jobs so I will have some toy money for this when I decide to get again, and I will. You will get all that you are needing out of a solid Pre and have some extra energy after. I suspect as time progresses, more flavor and even possibly more products will come out of this company as they seem to know what is in the interest for the lifters.

July 10, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Better Recovery
  • Better Endurance
  • Pump
  • Increased Focus
  • Only 20 Servings

Formula X is a great addition to the pre workout market that will deliver in all areas of the pwo interval of training. However, with a hefty price tag for only 20 servings, its value takes a bit of a hit and may discourage interested buyers.

A special thanks to Rage Nutrition for their participation here on SR.com. Today, I discuss my experience with their pre workout Formula X. Pre workouts, both stim and non-stim containing formulas, have found their way into most if not all fitness enthusiast's supplement regimen at one point or another. While I would not consider them a staple due to preference of all individual athletes, I have used plenty to know what I expect from them. In addition, I am always up to trying something new provided it doesn't contain anything I don't want so Formula X looked like an interesting product to give a go.

The profile is fully disclosed with no prop blends and contains plenty of ingredients that are already well established in the pre workout world for their energy, pump, and focus benefits.

The profile includes thiamine B1 at 10mg, niacin B3v 30mg, pyrodoxine B6 at 20mg, B12 at 200mcg, sodium and potassium both at 200mg each, l-citrulline at 4g, beta alanine at 3.2g, betaine at 3g, agmatine sulfate at 1g, l-norvaline at 200mg, l-tyrosine at 1g, caffeine anhydrous at 400mg, alpha GPC at 300mg, n-phenyl dimethylamine citrate at 250mg, theobromine at 200mg, dicaffeine malate and hordenine hcl both dosed at 75mg each, isopropylnorsynephrine at 50mg, huperzine A at 10mg, bioperine at 5mg, and rauwolfia vomitoria extract at 3mg.

That's a lot of candy in one product to say the least. Overall though, a solid lookin profile.

We've got a combination of ingredients such as beta alanine and l-citrulline for endurance. Furthermore, plenty of focus inducing ingredients such as huperzine A (though I would like it dosed higher), l-tyrosine, and alpha gpc are also present. The combination of ingredients such as caffeine and theobromine are good for energy. Finally, there are also some well known pump inducer such as agmatine and betaine.

Formula X comes in one flavor which is candy fusion. I personally was not a fan. Not only did it not have a very distinguishing taste of any kind of "candy" that I know of, but it also had a distinct chemical aroma and aftertaste that I did not like at all.

Mixing on the other hand was sufficient. I did not get any clumping or undissolved sediment upon preparation.

I was coming off a stim break when I started this product so assessing my tolerance was mandatory. I started off with a half a scoop for the first few days. After confirming no adverse effects I upped to a full scoop towards the end of the first week. After that I followed your standard pre workout dosing protocol: One scoop about 20 minutes before your workout with water.

To be clear, I am rating effectiveness based on a full scoop serving.

Energy (8/10): A experienced a very good and substantial surge of energy form Formula X. It was strong, clean, consistent and I did not experience any at the end of my workout. As with any effective pwo, I was pounding away at all my training movements and blasting through cardio sessions during each training session.

Focus (8/10): The focus was surprisingly real good with this product. It was on level with some high level nootropic products I used in the past. I was much less distracted and had that desired "wreck the weights" targeted mindset with a clearer thought process of goals in both current and future training sessions.

Pump (7/10): I got a satisfactory pump effect on all movement sets. I had a more pronounced swole feeling an increased vascularity muscle groups and overall physique.

Endurance (7/10): I was impressed by the endurance benefits. I was resting significant less between weight movement sets and cardio/boxing sessions were plenty more killer. Any fatigue I would feel between workout movements and intervals as well as post workout was notably reduced. I was also recovering somewhat quicker for next day workouts as well.

Now here's where the product loses credible points. The cheapest price I found was 39.99 on gym n tonic supplements. That may seem like close to the average price of a lot of extensive pre workout formulations, but what ultimately kills the value to a point is that each tub only contains 20 servings. So that means you'd be paying a minimum of 40 dollars for 20 days worth of product. As good as Formula X is, that is simply too pricey a value. If the product had a full month's 30 servings supply, it would still be pricey but a better value. So as my score dictates, "I would only buy this again if I had the extra money to burn". Otherwise, I would opt for cheaper, equally effective pre workouts.

Side Effects

Conclusion

While the price is a discouraging factor, Formula X is definitely a highly effective and substantial newcomer to the pre workout market. It'll provide a good boost to energy, focus, endurance, and pump to help enable you to continuously pound away the iron. Be sure to try and catch it on sale when possible.

WARMACHINE OUT!!!