(Better than 61% in Pre-Workout > Stimulant)

Formula X is a Pre-Workout manufactured by Rage Nutrition. It is designed to help provide a pre-training advantage by increasing mental focus, muscle performance, endurance and blood flow. This creates an environment optimal for increasing muscle mass and losing body fat.

Overall
Thanks to Rage Nutrition for sending it out!
  July 12, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Better Endurance
  • Better Recovery
  • Increased Focus
  • Pump
  • Only 20 Servings

If you are someone who loves high stim preworkouts that will help you get through even the most grueling workouts, then Formula X is the Pre workout for you. The price is a tad higher than some of the equivalent products on the market, however, you get what you pay for and the quality can be felt in this product.

I would first like to thank Rage Nutrition for sending me a full container of this product to try. I have had my eye on this product for some time and was luckily in the market for a promising Pre workout with some kick. Here lately I have been looking for stuff that is pretty up front with what I am taking and this product did not appear to hide the facts.

The best part about the ingredient profile with Formula X is there is no "fluff" in it. It is straight up dosed with the amounts of the ingredients disclosed. this is a plus.
Profile:

Isopropyl norsynephrine 50mg
Huperzine A 10mg
Bioperine 5mg
Rauwolfia vomitoria extract 3mg

Formula X has a very heavy hitting list of ingredients as you can see in the list. It is throwing in Stimulants, pump ingredients, and focus factor ingredients all in one product not to mention the Bioperine to help with bioavailability of the ingredients to help them all work together in one happy ingredient profile. The Alpha GPC is also interesting as it helps with your focus and brain function. In conjunction with Huperzine l-tyrosine, lazer sharp focus will ensue. Agmatine Sulfate and Citrulline are included to aid in the Pump and N.O. boosting.

TASTE:
Candy Fusion was the flavor that I received. I believe that this is the only flavor currently offered by them. The Taste was not horribly bad. It did leave me with a chemical-like aftertaste that at times made me feel a little queezy. Nothing that I could not overcome though, just to be clear.

Mixability:
Using a standard shaker bottle, I was able to load and mix with ease. There was no clumping involved and no residue left over from shaking. This is more than likely due to no "fillers" in the mix.

Dosing:
The product says 1 scoop. I took one scoop (which is called the "PR Smasher") about 15-30 minutes prior to training. This is typical with most supplements. Company also says that 1/2 scoop and even 3/4 scoop will be sufficient to boost your workouts. I took the full scoop as opposed to the lesser due to a higher tolerance for stims.

8.0/10
I will admit, this product smashed me. My energy levels in the gym were extreme. I was lifting the weights and taking names. My strength was noticeably on point. Sometimes you go to the gym and are not feeling it so your workouts (preworkout) isn't boosting. There was a noticeable difference in my endurance and strength.

My focus and endurance was very good. I would find myself out of my body almost. The only thing in the gym to me was Myself, Iron Maiden, and the weights. I did not dilly around at all. I was in and I was lifting and I actually got all of my sets in on my time allotted (work life) with time to spare. I was able to do more pullups and I was not fatiguing as I usually did.

The pumps I received were very nice. A few sets and my arms were filling up and my veins were coming out. Leg day yielded great results with my squats. Recovery from my workouts were reduced as well. I typically lift 5 days a week and take off two consecutive. I felt I could have thrown another day in there and wouldn't even regret it. I didn't challenge myself in heavy cardio as I felt the stims were pretty high and I personally have concerns for my body in that aspect. When I run I don't use stimulant products. (just me though)

6.5/10
I did not give it a high score on the price, but I didn't give it a bad score. The most inexpensive price I found was 39.99 at their website. This is with the 20% off coupon they provide. This is not an extremely high price for the quality of the product. 2.00 per serving is about what it is adding up to be. I have grown to acknowledge that if you are going to make a highly effective and quality product that will yield a solid effect on the supplement community, it more than likely will not be cheap.

Side Effects

I only had one minor issue while taking this. Gym time was annihilation hour, however when I left and went to the office I was still in game mode. I did not get stable from the stims for a few hours after getting to work. In all reality, it helped me focus a little more at work so this may or may not be a bad effect. However if I had morning court, I would not be sitting still.

Conclusion

8.0/10
Formula X is a product that, if you have Pre workout money laying a round, you should definitely purchase. I am blessed with 3 jobs so I will have some toy money for this when I decide to get again, and I will. You will get all that you are needing out of a solid Pre and have some extra energy after. I suspect as time progresses, more flavor and even possibly more products will come out of this company as they seem to know what is in the interest for the lifters.

Overall
Thanks to Rage Nutrition for sending it out!
  July 10, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Better Recovery
  • Better Endurance
  • Pump
  • Increased Focus
  • Only 20 Servings

Formula X is a great addition to the pre workout market that will deliver in all areas of the pwo interval of training. However, with a hefty price tag for only 20 servings, its value takes a bit of a hit and may discourage interested buyers.

A special thanks to Rage Nutrition for their participation here on SR.com. Today, I discuss my experience with their pre workout Formula X. Pre workouts, both stim and non-stim containing formulas, have found their way into most if not all fitness enthusiast's supplement regimen at one point or another. While I would not consider them a staple due to preference of all individual athletes, I have used plenty to know what I expect from them. In addition, I am always up to trying something new provided it doesn't contain anything I don't want so Formula X looked like an interesting product to give a go.

The profile is fully disclosed with no prop blends and contains plenty of ingredients that are already well established in the pre workout world for their energy, pump, and focus benefits.

The profile includes thiamine B1 at 10mg, niacin B3v 30mg, pyrodoxine B6 at 20mg, B12 at 200mcg, sodium and potassium both at 200mg each, l-citrulline at 4g, beta alanine at 3.2g, betaine at 3g, agmatine sulfate at 1g, l-norvaline at 200mg, l-tyrosine at 1g, caffeine anhydrous at 400mg, alpha GPC at 300mg, n-phenyl dimethylamine citrate at 250mg, theobromine at 200mg, dicaffeine malate and hordenine hcl both dosed at 75mg each, isopropylnorsynephrine at 50mg, huperzine A at 10mg, bioperine at 5mg, and rauwolfia vomitoria extract at 3mg.

That's a lot of candy in one product to say the least. Overall though, a solid lookin profile.

We've got a combination of ingredients such as beta alanine and l-citrulline for endurance. Furthermore, plenty of focus inducing ingredients such as huperzine A (though I would like it dosed higher), l-tyrosine, and alpha gpc are also present. The combination of ingredients such as caffeine and theobromine are good for energy. Finally, there are also some well known pump inducer such as agmatine and betaine.

Formula X comes in one flavor which is candy fusion. I personally was not a fan. Not only did it not have a very distinguishing taste of any kind of "candy" that I know of, but it also had a distinct chemical aroma and aftertaste that I did not like at all.

Mixing on the other hand was sufficient. I did not get any clumping or undissolved sediment upon preparation.

I was coming off a stim break when I started this product so assessing my tolerance was mandatory. I started off with a half a scoop for the first few days. After confirming no adverse effects I upped to a full scoop towards the end of the first week. After that I followed your standard pre workout dosing protocol: One scoop about 20 minutes before your workout with water.

To be clear, I am rating effectiveness based on a full scoop serving.

Energy (8/10): A experienced a very good and substantial surge of energy form Formula X. It was strong, clean, consistent and I did not experience any at the end of my workout. As with any effective pwo, I was pounding away at all my training movements and blasting through cardio sessions during each training session.

Focus (8/10): The focus was surprisingly real good with this product. It was on level with some high level nootropic products I used in the past. I was much less distracted and had that desired "wreck the weights" targeted mindset with a clearer thought process of goals in both current and future training sessions.

Pump (7/10): I got a satisfactory pump effect on all movement sets. I had a more pronounced swole feeling an increased vascularity muscle groups and overall physique.

Endurance (7/10): I was impressed by the endurance benefits. I was resting significant less between weight movement sets and cardio/boxing sessions were plenty more killer. Any fatigue I would feel between workout movements and intervals as well as post workout was notably reduced. I was also recovering somewhat quicker for next day workouts as well.

Now here's where the product loses credible points. The cheapest price I found was 39.99 on gym n tonic supplements. That may seem like close to the average price of a lot of extensive pre workout formulations, but what ultimately kills the value to a point is that each tub only contains 20 servings. So that means you'd be paying a minimum of 40 dollars for 20 days worth of product. As good as Formula X is, that is simply too pricey a value. If the product had a full month's 30 servings supply, it would still be pricey but a better value. So as my score dictates, "I would only buy this again if I had the extra money to burn". Otherwise, I would opt for cheaper, equally effective pre workouts.

Side Effects

Conclusion

While the price is a discouraging factor, Formula X is definitely a highly effective and substantial newcomer to the pre workout market. It'll provide a good boost to energy, focus, endurance, and pump to help enable you to continuously pound away the iron. Be sure to try and catch it on sale when possible.

WARMACHINE OUT!!!