Protein Bars Reviews

By: Quest

Protein Bars is a Protein Bar manufactured by Quest. It is a quick, conveinient source of protein and commonly used as a meal replacement. The additional protein can help increase muscle mass as well as promote fat loss.

Overall
Overall
8.9
9.1
9.5
  December 1, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Nutrition Profile
  • Unbelievable Serving Of Fiber.
  • Great Taste And Texture
  • Very Good Tasting
  • Helps Keep Macros On Track

I know these have been out quite a while but after trying to new Birthday Cake flavor, I had to write a review. I love snacking throughout the day and changing it up so i dont get bored with the same thing each and every day.

Each bar contains 180 calories, 21 grams of protein, 5 grams of fat, 25 grams of carbs - 14 grams being dietary fiber, 220mg of sodium, 1 gram of sugar and 6 grams of Erythritol. It does contains Almonds so be mindful of others with allergies. I have to because my son has a tree nut allergy. This bar uses isolate protein and is sweetened with Sucralose. All are gluten and soy free.

I love the taste of most of their protein bars. Quest has some of the top bars in the industry. Their new flavor Birthday Cake is my favorite bar of theirs and my favorite birthday cake flavor of protein bar in general. I previously like the birthday cake flavor of Combat Bar but this one blows it out of the water. Mixability is N/a since this is a bar and dosing is when you are hungry :). Great low carb snack!

Protein bars are hard to judge the effectiveness of just like protein powder. Great way to increase your protein intake without taking in a bunch of carbs. Also great to change it up from the normal protein shake as a snack. Great for the grab and go and take with on road trips or vacations when walking around amusement park.

At $2.39 a bar, that is pretty standard. With being low carb and high in protein you can't beat em, especially with the great taste. You can find deals on them from time to time, but it's not an often occurrence. So when you do, jump on it and stock up if you can.

Side Effects

I experienced no sides from this.

Conclusion

In conclusion, like most people think, Quest has the protein bar game on lock down. And with their new birthday cake flavor i can't give them enough of my money...well i guess i can lol but you get the point. Great profile and great price you can't beat em.
    • Birthday Cake: 10/10

October 17, 2017

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Nutrition Profile
    • Unbelievable Serving Of Fiber.
    • Great Taste And Texture
    • Very Good Tasting
    • Very Filling
    • Couple More Grams Of Protein Wouldn't Hurt

Quest bars have always been a favourite of mine, and they seem to be one of the most popular bars on the market.

All of the bars are low sugar, and high fibre which is very appealing- helps keep you fuller for longer! Some use stevia to sweeten them and others use sucralose. They all contain whey isolate, which is great for those who are lactose intolerant, but unfortunately they're not vegan. Some have the infamous quest 'chunks', which are cocoa butter. They taste great, but increase the amount of saturated fat per bar.

I love the taste of pretty much all of these bars, except the peanut butter jelly and the peanut butter deluxe. I found that the texture of the bar didn't seem to complement the peanut flavour. The apple pie one is great- you get a lovely cinnamon kick and some nice chewy chunks of dried apple too. The blueberry muffin is also highly recommended- the biscuity and blueberry chunks make it taste like the real thing. I found that the rocky road was a bit of a disappointment- it was too nutty and not chocolatey or marshmallowy enough. The oatmeal chocolate chip is really good though- tastes like proper oaty biscuits. Also, I really recommend the cookies and cream- a classic flavour that Quest Nutrition have nailed. My final favourite would have to be the smores bar- the biscuit, chocolate and marshmallow chunks are to die for!

These are great if you want to increase your protein intake without buying powders or other supplements. They're really easy to incorporate into your diet, and definitely show results. With an average of 20g of protein per bar, they really seem to work as a post-workout muscle builder. They've helped my muscle growth and tone massively!

It depends where you buy them of course. Generally, they can be expensive, but sometimes Predator Nutrition sell out-of-date stock at 10-15 a box, which is a bargain. You can also get dated stock on eBay and sometimes on ApprovedFood, which is dirt cheap. The fact that their out of date doesn't make any difference to the taste, although some can be slightly chewier. Definitely don't buy from Holland&Barrett, they're about 3 per bar...

Side Effects

None that I know of. Whey isolate is used, so they don't cause bloating or anything.

Conclusion

Quest bars will always be a classic. I'm loving the new flavours that they're releasing at the moment, but new flavours are always pretty pricey. I love these bars, but would never buy a full priced box. Always check eBay for dated stock! Overall, they've got the thumbs up from me.
    • Apple Pie: 10/10
    • Strawberry Cheesecake: 7/10
    • Mixed Berry Bliss: 6/10

September 6, 2017

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Nutrition Profile
    • Very Filling
    • Helps Keep Macros On Track
    • Texture

37 years old and lift 4 times a week. I eat a high protein diet and weighing in at 235 pounds I require quite a bit of daily protein! I like to mix it up in a combination of Powder and Bars, I find it a lot easier to use Protein powder when I am home and take the Bars to work with me or when I am on the go. I always like to try different bars to see which ones I will not get tired of. I saw that Quest was the number one rated Protein bar here on SR, so I headed over to Amazon, picked up a box to give it a shot! Lets see how my taste buds enjoyed it!

I had the Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough flavor, so this profile is based off one bar of that flavor. Each bar gives you 190 Calories, 9g of total fat, 5mg Cholestorol, 210mg Sodium, 115mg Potassium, 20g Total Carbs, and 21g Protein. The protein is a blend of Milk Protein Isolate and Whey Protein Isolate. I like that the protein blend is made up of Isolates, isolates are easier to digest. All in all the profile is not bad, and compared to my favorite protein bar lately (MyBar by Pro Supps) the profile is a little bit cleaner. These can fit just about anyone's dietary needs, no matter what your goals are. Sure you will get a better profile with a Powder but here we have convenience. These do contain Almonds and Milk Derived ingredients, so watch out if you have allergies.

Taste: So this is the defining moment of any Protein bar. The Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough flavor was amazing. This is my go to flavor for assessing a protein bar, as I love cookie dough (I mean who doesn't). This was the best tasting cookie Dough Protein bar I have ever had. The texture of the bar is smooth and a little strange, other than that its delicious. Tastes like real chocolate chips, and you get that nice cookie dough flavor. Don't get me wrong its not identical to whipping up cookie dough and eating it, buts its tasty in a fairly healthy bar.

Mixability/Dosing: Nothing to mix, it digests well. Dosing I would eat one a day usually in between meals whenever I needed to get some more protein and did not feel like having a shake. I eat protein every meal, and in between meals, its the sanest way to get my daily macro's.

One thing I did notice after my box was empty, was that there are recipes on the box to make cookie dough pizza and cookie dough turtles. Dang it, I posted a pic below, next time, I am trying that!!

So like any other protein I judge this on how it digested and if it filled me up or not. This digested very well, no issues there, did not feel like a hunk of a bar sitting in my stomach, probably due to the protein being a blend of Isolates. This did not fill me up as much as MyBar by Pro Supps did, was close im compairson, but it got the job done. This kept me full for about an hour or so which is really all I need. I have had bars in the past where I would eat it then be hungry after and want to reach for that bag of chips. This bought my hunger enough time to survive in between meals, and gave me 21g of Protein with that. So yes, effective for what I needed this bar for. Also this did not make me want to run to the bathroom or give me weird gas, so thats another plus!

I picked up a box of 12 bars from amazon for $24.24. That comes out to $2.02 a bar. This is not a bad deal in my eyes, since its about the average price point these days for a protein bar. Given how much I enjoyed this one, it is totally worth the value. I would buy this again for sure, and I will always be keeping an eye out for sales.

Side Effects

None at all, except you may want to eat more than one! Don't do it, just stay strong and enjoy it!

Conclusion

This can be summed up easily. Does this bar offer a fairly clean profile to fit anyones daily GOOD nutritional needs? Yes; Does this bar taste good and did I look forward to it daily? Yes; Did it fill me up in between meals and give me enough protein? Yes. I highly recommend you try this bar if you have not, you will truly be happy you did. Between this and MyBar I really think I have found my Go To Protein bars for the long haul, which is awesome. Next time, I am trying those recipes for sure!!
    • Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough: 9/10

November 8, 2016

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Great Taste And Texture
    • Nutrition Profile
    • Unbelievable Serving Of Fiber.
    • Very Good Tasting
    • Very Filling
    • Helps Keep Macros On Track
    • A Tad Expensive

I was sick of picking up a protein bar that boasted 20+grams of protein and then you read the ingredient label and it is loaded with trash and sugar. When I picked up my first Quest bar and read the ingredients and nutrition facts, I was intrigued.

Based on Chocolate Peanut Butter flavor (nutrition facts vary based on flavor)
    Calories-170
    Fat-7g
    Carbs-23g but only 1g of sugar
    Protein-20g
    Protein comes from 2 sources which are both isolates which gets a huge thumbs up. Milk Protein Isolate which is a slow digesting protein and Whey Protein Isolate which is your faster digesting protein.
    Soluble Corn Fiber is an ingredient I was not familiar with so I did a little research and found it increases calcium absortion and has prebiotic effects.
    Erythritol-sugar alcohol
    Stevia-plant based swetener
    Peanuts
    Cocoa

Tasted more like chocolate than peanut butter which is fine. I have tried about 10 different flavors and have not had a bad one yet. Some flavors can be a bit chewy. The taste was very good. No mixability obviously and dosing was one bar.

I cant comment on effectiveness on workouts or body changes but what I will do is say that Quest bars are great when you need a snack mid-day, want some added protein or if you get held up and cant eat one of your main meals. This will give you a good dose of clean protein and carbs without sugar and all of the other junk that is found in almost all other protein bars. These bars are pretty filling and one bar will keep you satisfied for a few hours. I will use them mostly as a snack before or after the gym.

Lowest prices I have found are on both TFSupplements.com and Allstarhealth.com where you can get a box of 12 for $21.99 which comes out to $1.83 per bar. If you buy them individually in the store expect to pay around $2.49 per bar.

Side Effects

Conclusion

Whether you are looking for a healthy snack, to add protein to your daily intake or just want to taste something good and healthy then look no further. This will give you 20g of good protein. This bar tastes great and is reasonably priced if you buy them by the box. Buying them individualy will make the price add up so give a few flavors a try, find one that you like and then order a box of them.
    • Chocolate Peanut Butter: 7/10

June 27, 2016

• A Tad Expensive

For my 6th review I figured I'd do it on something I eat about 3 times a week. Quest bar are probably one of my favorite things to eat. If I'm running late in the morning, want some extra protein throughout my day or just something to have after a workout rather than a shake, quest bars are my GO TO.

Depending on what flavor you get, the ingredient totals may vary. One bar is full of 20 grams of whey protein isolate, which is great for any reason I listed above but also because they contain very low lactose. Along with that, there's only 5 grams of fat which in comparison to some other bars is the lowest I've seen. As for calories, these bars only contain about 150 calories which is low as well. One great thing about these bars is how full I feel after eating one and that's because it's packed with 18 grams of fiber. With only about 2 grams of sugar, these bars will still satisfy your sweet tooth. They are also gluten free.

I have tried all of the quest bar flavors except for Pumpkin Pie and Peanut Butter and Jelly and I think they all taste great. I of course have my favorites like cookies and cream along with S'Mores but I would give the TASTE a 10. They aren't overly sweet nor do they have that "protein taste" to them which is why I like them too. What I like the most is that they contain chunky of whatever ingredients make up the flavor of them. For example, the S'mores flavor has chunks of chocolate and chunks of graham cracker in them. Also, the apple pie flavor contains pieces of apple in them. Depending on your personal preference I would definitely recommend trying one.

As I can't comment on the mixability, I will talk about what they look like. As they are bars, there is no mixing needed. None of them are covered in chocolate or anything like that either. The wrapper also comes off like a piece of skin and you can see the impress of it in the bar itself when you peel it off. As for the bar itself it won't melt and you can break it, bite it and even cut it if you're so inclines as the texture of them is different than other bars but different in a good way.

As for dosing, I wouldn't recommend eating more than one of these during the day as for how much fiber they contain. But for the protein they have in the them, Quest bars are one bar I enjoy on a regular basis.

If you're looking for some extra protein in your life, quest bars are a nice option. As I mentioned above they are a good snack, nice to have after a workout and even something to have in the morning if you're running late. If you don't feel full after eating one, you have a crazy appetite. I can also say, they helped with muscle growth as there was a time where I only ate these after a workout and I didn't notice any difference or lose between eating these or having a shake.

As for value I wish they were a little cheaper but I can't complain. One bar is about $2 but I'll take it, you can also purchase a full box for around $24 but they don't make buying them in bulk any cheaper which is a little disappointing.

Side Effects

While I sometimes run late in the morning (as does everyone at some point) I do notice these giving me a boost of energy when I've decided to eat them one the way to work. Mix one these with a cup of coffee you'll feel like you just had Sunday brunch. As for the fiber, that might affect you in numerous ways that I don't need to go into detail about.

Conclusion

Writing these reviews always wants me to go buy the product I'm reviewing again and it's happening again as I sit here. After submitting this I think I'll have to go indulge in one and call it a night. Overall, Quest makes one of the best protein bars I've tried and will continue to eat regularly. If the price drops that would be wonderful, if not it won't kill me. Great flavors, great ingredients, and great results.
    • S'mores: 10/10

August 27, 2015

• Couple More Grams Of Protein Wouldn't Hurt
    • Some Flavours Need To Be Warmed Up
    • A Tad Expensive

Protein bars can be helpful in keeping your macros on track and aiding in giving you a quick hit of protein and some other nutrients when you hit those occasional hunger pang walls. Unfortunately, man bars on today's market are loaded with excessive sugars, useless gelatin fillers, and bad carbs that aren't the best things for the avid fitness buff. Thankfully, Quest Protein bars come to the rescue by providing users with a tasty, healthier, more fitness friendly option among protein snacks.

I myself am not an overly frequent consumer of protein bars primarily because I prefer to get the vast majority of my protein needs from more wholesome food sources. Still, having these bars on hand, as well as other protein supplements, is well worth the investment when trying to keep your protein requirements in check. The fact that quest bars come in so many delectable flavors only makes it that more joyous and Quest has been my choice of protein bars for a long time now.

One thing to note is that the nutritional information among the bars vary slightly among the different flavors. Therefore, depending on your calorie, fat, protein, and carb needs, you may want to choose your flavors accordingly. I've tried a large majority of the flavors, though not all of them. Refer to the flavor rating system to see my ratings for the flavors I've tried.

The caloric quantity of each bar averages to about 170-200 calories. Again, each flavor has different quantities. I think this is an acceptable calorie amount range considering most of these calories are from protein and carb sources as opposed to refined sugars and unnecessary fluff additives I've seen in other bars.

A quest bar also contains 20-21 grams of protein, which are derived from milk and whey isolate sources. These are most definitely preferred over cheap soy proteins. Also contained in a bar, there is an average of 6-7g of fat, 20-22 carbs, and 17g of fiber. Of the carbs, 3-5 are derived as net carbs coming from the sugar alcohols and fiber source. In all, these nutritional statistics do fine by me, provided most of my other macros and micros come from the rest of my diet.

Lastly, I will note that the bars don't have any unnecessary artificial additives and they are sweetened with stevia.

Again, refer to my flavor rating system grades I submitted for scores on the flavors that I've used. As for a direct opinion, I can honestly say that these are one of, if not the best tasting brand of protein bars I've had. They are not too sweet or bland, and some have a pleasant nutty complimentary taste. I will say that the texture is a bit tough. Line6reed described it best, it's like laffy taffy, but personally I didn't find it overly unpleasant. Just be sure you've got some milk for something to wash it down with. Me personally, I usually ate these bars with some milk because I found it to be most satisfying and it made the texture a little softer. A couple times I would heat these in the microwave for about 10 seconds to give the texture some extra softening when I could. This made the bar softer but also dangerously hot, so use caution if you plan on trying this.\

On average, I would consume about 2 or 3 of these in the course of the week, maybe more if need be. I would try too limit my consumption to only one a day should I needed one. There were only a few occasions I had to consume more than one, but that was usually due to times where I knew it would be a while before I could eat my next meal. I preferred to consume them around mid morning, or perhaps in the early morning to compliment breakfast if it were my pre-workout meal.

When talking about effectiveness, I am going to gauge my score based on how it compares to other bars I've tried and how it meets my expectations based on what I desire from it. I give quest nutrition bars a solid 9 out of 10. Unlike other bars I've used like met-rx and gnc, these bars provide high quality proteins and carbs derived from more favorable sources including milk and whey protein isolates and gut friendly fiber. These bars provided me with a delicious way to help give me a quick protein fix without having to derail my nutritional intake quality by giving me unfavorable shots of refined sugars, gelatin, and soy. They also helped to keep those annoying hunger pangs at bay on those cutting and calorie restriction phases I would have on occasion when trying to shed body fat. Lastly, the lower active carb content is great for anyone on a carb restriction diet. In summary, quest bars did the trick and provided you've got a good diet, they'll help you keep your protein and carb requirements in check.

Despite their efficacy, a 12 count box will set you back somewhere between 25-30 dollars. I think the value ultimately boils down to how often you intend on using the bars. As I stated earlier, I try to limit my consumption of the bars to about 2 to 3 bars in a week to help stretch the supply out through the month. If you intend on using these bars sparingly, which is more favorable, then I would think that this is a fair value considering the quality of the bars themselves. Just don't go crazy and ensure your getting more of your needs from your diet.

Side Effects

Salivation when you unwrap a mint chocolate chunk bar ;)

Conclusion

in conclusion, with all the protein bars on today's market, Quest bars had won the ballet as my personal favorite. The high quality protein and carb sources with fiber can compliment any typical fitness enthusiast's diet plan without having to worry about all the unwanted sugar and soy most other bars have. Whether you use them as an occasional snack or meal replacement, I recommend implementing quest bars as a choice brand among options as I believe they are tastier, healthier, and more satisfying.

WARMACHINE OUT!!!
    • Banana Nut Muffin: 9/10

February 28, 2015

• IMOs
    • Bloating

I'm going to start off by saying that this review might not be popular, it probably won't be received well by some, and could possible make some people redo their diets. With all that being said I'm going to lay out the facts and let you decide what you think of this bar.

Protein blend (whey protein isolate, milk protein isolate), isomalto-oligosaccharides, almonds, water, natural flavors, sea salt, lo han guo, sucralose.

Easy enough to break down; All isolate grade protein, great start, almonds, water, natural favors and sea salt are again still looking amazing. Lo han qua is a herb popular in China so still all good.

Well lets see what did we leave out? Oh isomalto-oligosaccharides(or IMOs for short). What are these things you might be asking yourself; I'll tell you. They are a MAN MADE FAKE fiber which funny enough Quest is in the middle of a lawsuit because of, but that's a whole another story. Basically the problem with IMOs are that they as mostly unable to be broken down by the body. So this means technically you are getting ZERO actual fiber from a Quest bar. Also on the flip side these IMOs can cause bloating and inflammation to happen in the body which in turn can lead to a decrease in fat burning and muscle building.

Taste is obviously the main selling point of these bars. They are simply one of the top tasting bars on the market

NA/10
    In terms of filling you up and being a good snack I suppose it does do its job, however because of the above listed side effects I'll let you guys decide how effect it really is

$25 for a box of 12 bars is pretty much standard for a protein bar

Side Effects

Personally I did notice a lot of bloating after eating these bars and I know a respectable amount of others who would say the same thing

Conclusion

Ok all in all Quest bars are almost the perfect protein bar but because of the IMOs I really can't say they are anything more than average at best. I will state that some people can handle IMOs better than others so before some of you come running to defend Quest I will say that. However for myself being bloated just to enjoy a protein bar just is not worth it.

February 20, 2015

• Some Flavours Need To Be Warmed Up
    • A Tad Expensive

Blah Blah Blah, writing this every time is going to get old isn't it? Ok, MMA since high-school, competitor and instructor. Former Certified Personal Trainer though NASM and ACE. Owned my own online supplement store (past tense). Currently military and I eat paleo due to a gluten allergy. I have tried most of the flavors of Quest bars and with a few exceptions, they all taste good. (Avoid PB cup and cinnamon swirl)

Ok, so this is the coolest thing about these bars, not only are they high in some quality protein isolate, they also have 17g of fiber! That's crazy. On top of that, they are low sugar (1g) and still manage to be one of the best tasting protein bars around. Oh yeah, and gluten free, no poo..even the cookies and cream ones! How do they do it!? No, seriously...I don't know.

Taste is good. Get the cookie dough ones, heat them up (seriously, sit on them if you have to, far btter warm), ENJOY. I mean how many other protein bars taste good AND have 1g of sugar? That being said, they are a little gritty, likely from the almonds and the fiber in the bars. Also, the brownie ones are good as are the cookies and cream. I'd recommend drinking some water after eating one.

It's a protein bar. What do you want? Steroid gain? Too bad. You get a good meal replacement with around 130 net calories that fill me up between meals and doesn't make me fat. WIN!

On the pricey side. On the other hand, whey protein ISOLATE. It's pricey stuff, so realistically these are a good deal at around $2.50 a piece. Tough to beat the quality on these.

Side Effects

Wanting to eat MOAR. Yeah, I spelled that wrong on purpose, bite me...or bite a Quest bar. Seriously...why are you still reading this? Go get some!

Conclusion

Best tasting low sugar protein bar on the market. Despite being a little pricey, they are worth it. Get some. I have not yet tried the cheesecake protein bars (I hear good things), so I can't compare them to Quest bars yet. I'll put up a review when (if) my order gets in.

April 8, 2014

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Great Taste And Texture
    • Nutrition Profile
    • Unbelievable Serving Of Fiber.
    • Very Good Tasting
    • A Tad Expensive
    These are by far my favorite protein bars. Taste, profile, and variety it all adds up to one hell of a great product. Lately they have come under fire for supposedly mislabeling certain ingredients. However, I have never had a bad experience with quest and for that reason I will continue to buy them. Now lets dive into the review.

Taste-9

I had the double chocolate chunk flavor to review and it was very good. To me it tasted like a softer version of a famous amos cookie. Now I have tried pretty much every flavor of quest and the flavor that I continue to buy regardless of price(good job quest) is cookie dough. For the cookie dough flavor it does not taste like a protein bar, this is a hard thing to do, as some of the proteins and ingredients tend to overpower other flavors. So for taste quest bars are by far superior to others.

Effectiveness/Ingredients-9

To start I can tell you that there is a good amount of fiber in these just by the fact of how well I can digest these and other foods throughout the day. With other protein bars, such as GNC protein bars which are filled with tons of sugar alcohols and palm oil and fillers, which upset my stomach. Quest is filled with all good ingredients; they only use whey and milk protein isolate and also use stevia as a sweetener. Also they are low carb just from the amount of fiber they include. What more can you ask for in a bar?

Price-7

This is where most supplements take a hit, price. Quest bars normally run in the mid $20- the mid $30 which can be expensive, but when you take into account all the good ingredients they put in then the price is justified. Personally I buy these for $24 a box on amazon unless I can find a better deal. Pricey yes but quality is what keeps me coming back.

Overall-9

These are simply the best bars on the market. Now other companies are trying to get as close to the ingredients of quest as they can, and I think quest has started a great trend for all protein bars. Why not include only high quality ingredients and not crap fillers? Quest has a winner on their hands and if you ever get the chance to try these you wont be let down.

February 9, 2014

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Nutrition Profile
    • High Sodium
    Everyone loves Quest Bars. They are probably one of the most popular protein bars on the market right now, and for good reason. Around 20g protein, 20g fiber, and 200-something calories, gluten-free, no sugar, and just about any other bases covered.

Effectiveness 9/10: So with all that in its macros, effectiveness is almost perfect. The only way it could improve is either a bump up to more protein or adding in vitamins and minerals like a few other bars out there.

Value 7/10: The going rate seems to be around 25 bucks for 12 bars. That's pretty decent and competitive with other high protein bars. The best deals I have seen (outside of trade shows mentioned below), is when GNC runs their 25% or 30% off items online. At 30% off, you can actually score these for under 20 bucks a box. 2.99 shipping there doesn't add too much to the overall cost, either.

Taste 6/10: Here is what brings my overall rating down to a 7. I have tried the cookie dough, chocolate brownie, and the newest flavor, cookies and cream. Cookie dough and cookies and cream I would rate around an 8 or 9/10 as far as protein bars are concerned. The cookies and cream is a lot closer to the cookie dough than I would have expected. Chocolate brownie is like a 4/10. It is exactly like the chocolate powerbars everyone used to have and nobody liked. If you think chocolate brownie is an amazing flavor, you should probably get your tastebuds checked, lol.

My biggest knock on all of the quest bars is the sodium content. I can actually taste the salt in the bars, especially in the cookies and cream. You get used to it after a while, but 300mg sodium in what is otherwise a healthy bar needs to be rethought. I just can't see why there would be so much salt for flavors that are supposed to taste sweet.

Summary: Great profile, could use added vitamins, I hate paying full price for them, dislike the salt content.

Good luck on finding your favorite flavor!