Hero Protein Bars Reviews

By: Quest

(Better than 67% in Energy Supplements > Bars)

Hero Protein Bars is an Energy Bar manufactured by Quest. It helps fuel your body by providing extra calories to increase muscle performance and endurance.

Energy Supplements > Bars

Overall
Overall

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Delcious Flavors
  • Quick And Convenient
  • A Little Sugar Dense
  • Can Be Expensive If Use Too Often

A special thanks to......? Oh yeah that's right, I paid for this.

All humor aside, today I discuss my experience with Quest Nutrition's new(ish) protein bar, Hero Protein Bars. Quest Nutrition has proven to be the favorite amongst brands when it comes to delivering the near perfect protein bars. Packing a deliciously satisfying substantial hit of muscle building protein in a variety of great tasting flavors, it's no surprise how many of us have found ourselves reaching for one of those Quest Nutrition protein babies at one time or another. So when the new Hero bars were released, I was more than excited to give them a try, especially since local supp shops around my hometown have these often on sale clearance.

Each bar clocks in at about 170 calories. In addition, each bar contains 7g of total fat (6 of which are saturated), 30g of carbs, 13g of sugar, and 4g of sugar alcohol erythritol.

Getting into the macro elements, each bar provides 10g of fiber in the form of soluble pre-biotic corn fiber.

Lastly, each bar provides 17g of protein derived from milk and whey protein isolate sources.

Other than being a little sugar dense, this is your typical protein bar profile.

Taste/Usage

Quest Hero is currently available in three flavors: Blueberry Cobbler, Chocolate Caramel Pecan, and Vanilla Caramel.

Having had a over a dozen of these bars, I've had the pleasure of enjoying all three. The texture and overall taste of the bars is just like that of a candy bar. All three flavors are especially enjoyable when warmed up.

My personal favorite is the blueberry cobbler. Warmed, it was like eating a blueberry pie turnover. The other two flavors were delicious as well, but blueberry cobbler is my favorite among the three.

A word of caution: If you do warm these, be careful because the filling can become quite hot if you warm them for too long. This can cause burns to the unexpected. Think of a pop tart when you leave it in the toaster for too long, the filling becomes like lava.

How you use these depends on your personal protein requirements and how often you use protein bars. I use protein bars sparingly since I want the majority of my needs coming from wholesome food. Plus, since these bars are a bit sugar dense, I wouldn't want to be getting an unnecessary amount of excessive sugar in my daily caloric intake. Often, I will eat one usually in the mid day if I feel the need to curb hunger and get a quick protein fix when no food is readily available.

The effectiveness of protein bars in general is the same as protein supplements such as powders. You gauge on how effectively you feel they helped you maintain your macros through the days. However, since I use protein bars much less frequently than powders, I would gauge them on macro maintenance assistance and convenience.

Overall, Quest Hero Protein bars was a delicious and convenient way to help me maintain and achieve my macro requirements while sticking to caloric range quotas. They helped keep hunger pangs and appetite curbed, allowing me to have more energy through the day and reducing the likelihood of cheating with unhealthier snack options.

The quick protein fix not only gave me more energy, but also helped a little in muscle recovery, by helping to ensure adequate protein intake for the day.

You can get a 10ct box on Allstarhealth for 17.99. First glance, that does seem like a hefty price. However, given the taste and protein amount each bar gives you, and provided you use these sparingly as I would advise, that is a pretty good value. Furthermore, local supp shops and other vendor websites will usually have these bars on BOGO and clearance deals so you can always capitalize on that.

Side Effects

Burns if you don't take my word of caution about warming them seriously

Conclusion

If you're a fan of Quest Nutrition's original protein bars, Hero bars are definitely worth trying. They are delicious, nutritious, and will help give you a substantial, quick, and convenient fix of protein to help keep the anabolic gears and energy levels in check. Remember to use them wisely and sparingly as you should always get the mainstay quantity of your daily macros and calories from good wholesome food.

WARMACHINE OUT!!!!

GO BRUINS!!!
  • Blueberry Cobbler: 10/10
  • Chocolate Caramel Pecan: 9/10
  • Vanilla Caramel : 9/10

• dmf8625
    February 27, 2018

Nice review! Haven't tried these yet.

Did you know that these contained the relatively new ingredient Allulose? If so, did you do any research on it before buying?

• WarMachine
    February 27, 2018

It is essentially another "substitute" to sugar. It is said not to raise blood glucose levels, making it a potential suitable alternative for diabetics.

Like all sugar substitutes, it as been subject to research and always raises concerns about how it impacts health.

I am thankfully not diabetic nor do I have any conditions that would force me to drastically limit my sugar intake.

Allulose is still being studied, but I'd say, it seems safe.

• dmf8625
    February 27, 2018

Did you have any concerns about side effects when picking these up? I have read some nasty stories about this ingredient causing some people issues.

• ExAdmin
    February 27, 2018

Such a shame that you have to pay for something, god forbid it's not given out for free..

• WarMachine
    February 27, 2018

@dmf: After eating a couple and experiencing no adverse reactions, I felt fine and had no worries. If you are concerned about side effects, like I always say, assess your tolerance with initial small servings or quantities.

@admin: This is an injustice indeed, please send me a reimbursement check ;)

Other Prices: