(Better than 19% in Carbohydrates)

PRICES
(30 sv) - [$1.33/sv]

Quantified Nutrition
Q//FUEL is a Carbohydrate Product manufactured by Quantified Nutrition. It is designed to provide the body with the vital macronutrient carbohydrates which is used as fuel to help performance as well as improve muscle recovery.

Energy Supplements > Carbohydrates

Overall
Thanks to Quantified Nutrition for sending it out!
  November 22, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Strength Improvements
  • Energy

First I would like to thank Quantified Nutrition for sending their supplement out to review, and the SR TROOP's program for making the connection possible. This is a carb supplement with multiple types of carbohydrate ingredients to form a mixture best used for intra workout or to meet macro intake if desperate enough.

Decent ingredient profile using rice starch and potato starch, along with honey powder, which was a bit different for me to see. There's 28g's of carbs, 7 of which are fiber (don't count for macro). 8g's of HBCD (highly branched cyclic dextrin) can be found in this, which in short is the awesome blood sugar spiker that hits your muscles quickly.

Another reason this was mentioned as an intra workout supplement is because it contains electrolytes. Overall this is a nice carb profile supplement, but for the price I'd like to see more HBCD per serving though.

Tasted perfectly like a coconut. Sweet, but not too sweet like most carb supplements.

Mixed perfectly fine for me and left no clumps or residue.

Dosing is noted as 3 scoops for the full ingredient profile serving size. I took this only on training days. I eat enough carbs rest of the time hahaha

Gave me the fuel a powerlifter needs to move weights, and I like to do accessory lifts afterwards too so I definitely always have 20g or more carbs mixed with BCAA. Would feel energy levels rising back up once I drank this down mid workout, and also got nice muscle pumps. 20g of HBCD will give me crazy pumps, so it was nice to see that 8g still did the same.

The electrolytes combined to possibly prevent cramps, but I usually don't cramp out, so can't say it was just this product alone. Lastly I had no issues with digestion while using this product, which is good because some of these supplements can give the runs. Overall the carbs did what they were supposed to do, which is provide energy.

$40.00 on their website is all I can find this for. Not the craziest price I've seen for carbs plus it does contain HBCD instead of just dextrose, but ultimately it's not that much HBCD for me to pay $40 for 30 servings. That makes it around $1.33 per scoop. Carb supplements are so common now that I can go on a particular website I like and pay $5.00 for some dextrose at 30 servings. Not HBCD, but same concept.

Side Effects

Conclusion

Overall this supplement tastes refreshing and gives the energy you need from carbs for weight training, but the price is still a bit steep for me to give a higher rating. Thanks for allowing me to review this product Quantified Nutrition.
  • Island coconut: 8/10

Overall
Thanks to Quantified Nutrition for sending it out!
  November 5, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Endurance Improvement Proven
  • Strength Improvements

Well I do not know if everyone know's about HIGHLY BRANCHED CYCLIC DEXTRIN or not, but if you have not. You are truly missing out. We have a good write up on it here on sr.com.
I bit about me. I am almost 41 and train about 4- 5 days week and usually go pretty hard for a middle aged dad. I have recently switched to a new more powerlifters gym and I love it, so my workout's have been pretty grueling as of late. Having anything that helps give me an edge I am all for it.

Alright so this is where you can really get your nerd on with the info on this and the doseage for what works for you. But more on that later. This is for every 3, ten gram scoop's will yeld 8 grams of HBCD.
This is made from Rice starch, Potato starch, and honey powder, natural flavors , sucralose and acesulfame Potassium.
Info on HCBD
Now there is a ton of info on the web about this stuff and it can be very confusing to say the least. Especially when you start trying to figure out what dose you need to get the right osmolarity . Basically this carb source does not hang around in the stomach as long as typically carb's , it goes into the intestines and is absorbed there and shuttled into the muscles faster this way. Mind and muscle has a good write up on it too that really explain's more about this.
I will say if you research some on peri nutrition this will most likely be mentioned. If some of the pro's like John Meadow's, Dave tate and other's are using this. You might want to consider it.

Well they did do well on the taste. I had Island coconut which does taste great , when mixed with the BCAA's I recieved from them as well. But only it was just a bit too much taste. Hard to pinpoint what it was exactly but when I had more than 2 scoops it was just kind of hard to drink. I think I would rather have a tasteless version and just use it in what ever else I wanted to mix it with.
That being said, It does mix well but with a 30 gram serving there is going to be some settling on the bottom but it does continue to mix well with just a few shakes.
Now as far as dosing. This is the tricky part. You really just have to find what work's for you. That does suck but it is the only way. I will say the more you need to more water you need to have it work. In some cases some may need a half gallon of water to keep the osmolarity right for you. Too high and you can get some serious bathroom trips , too little and you will not benefit from it as much.
I seemed to be able to take 2 - 10 gram scoops with my Preworkout and Pre workout meal about 30- 45 mins before the gym and then add 1 and half scoops to my BCAA for my intra. That was my sweet spot every time.

Damn , what can I say. I was able to absolutely destroy the gym every time I hit the sweet spot with this. I had strength endurance and would recovery super fast , Especially when doing superset's and giant set's and strip sets and whatever else I can come up with.
On my heavy days I was able to continue to come in and push through previous PR'S and it was awesome. I have not felt this good in a long time.
I have always responded better to having some carb's pre workout but this stuff really does help give me an edge. I have to say I was using thier BCAA's also and that may have helped also as an intra but I really feel this was working very well.

This is not the cheapest stuff. At 48 bucks on thier website and I have no idea how much shipping is from them. If you are lucky enough to be able to get 30 servings from this , this might not be a bad deal but if you have to have more than normal dose to get this to work this can get expensive fast. But then again maybe you can just use it on the heavy day's or whatever day you really push yourself.
This is not widely available so that is one reason it is a bit higher than others you can find on the web.

Side Effects

Can be tricky to find out your dose but they do offer a Athletes Resource Calculator on thier site that can help you with finding what you need.
That being said this can cause some serious stomach issues until the correct dose is found.

Conclusion

I loved how well this worked and I will also say that mixing this Island coconut with the strawberry kiwi bcaa , it basically will taste just like a tiger's blood drink which is absolutely awesome! I would like to see the price of this come down and see what kind of deals could be found on this.
  • Island coconut: 8/10