(Better than 70% in Amino Acids > BCAA/EAA)

Q//AMINO is a BCAA manufactured by Quantified Nutrition. BCAA is short for branched chain amino acids. They are the building blocks of protein and can increase protein synthesis, muscle recovery and endurance during workouts and have also been shown to reduce body fat.

Amino Acids > BCAA/EAA

Overall
Thanks to Quantified Nutrition for sending it out!
  November 8, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Aids Recovery
  • Boosts Endurance
  • Reduces Fatigue
  • Taste Great
  • Versatile
  • Tub To Small For Big Hands
----Introduction----
As a 40 year middle aged dad who work's his butt off during the day and train's hard as I can when I get to the gym. Having a solid BCAA is basically essential in my book. Never heard of Quantified Nutrition before seeing them on the site. After giving them a go, I hope to see them at some local brick and mortar stores soon.

----Profile----
Warmachine already hit on what this one holds but . I will say it again.
440 mg of Sodium. ( Some may not like this but if you sweat a lot ) This is not a bad thing to have.
6 grams L-Citrulline Malate
3g of beta alanine
2.5g of L-Isoleucine
1.5g of L-Valine.
5 g of L-Leucine
Pretty basic with the Amino's but having the Cit mal and the beta alanine make this great for using this as a stim free preworkout .

----taste/Mixing/Dosing----
I received the Strawberry Kiwi and this stuff is awesome!. I mixed it a few times with thier HBCD island Coconut and it makes it taste so much like tiger blood. Just awesome. I loved this combo.
Mixing was perfect, I never had as issue with floaters, sinkers or just not mixing well. Score's a 10 on this part.

-----Effectiveness---
I played with the dosing of this some and I actually found this the best when I took this about 2 hrs Pre workout at the end of my shift. This gave me time to get home, cook, eat a small bite and have my HBCD ( from Quantified Nutrition ) and Preworkout. When I did this I had some terrific workout's .
Also Used this as a Intra a few times and I did like that but I tend to just want some cold plain water when I am sweaty and hitting it hard at the gym.
Post workout I liked this also if It was going to be while before I got some carb's and protein in me.
I think this did help with overall recovery, But one thing I did notice was the increase in pump's and recovery during a workout. Especially when I used it the way I first described.
As far where I liked it best I would have to say taken before the gym. I think the added Beta-Alanine and the Cit- Mal really helped push my current Preworkout into overdrive.

----Value----
I see they have dropped the price down to 36 bucks for the 30 serving's worth , which I feel put's them around where most other top shelf Amino's are.

----Side Effects----
NONE
But I do have one thing that annoyed me. The tub. Some of us men have big hands and once I got down to half a tub I had to get my kids or wife to get the scoop for me. I could not get my hand into the tub. Not sure if they can just go with a bag like the HBCD comes in or what. But it would be nice.

----Conclusion---
I really liked this one and loved the flavor and ease of mixing. The one thing I think I would like to see is something more for hydration. Other than that I feel this is a great recovery drink. With the added Beta and Cit. I feel this would be great for someone into some high endurance type fitness. Thank you for being a part of this program and I hope to see more thing's from this company.
  • Strawberry Kiwi: 9/10

Overall
Thanks to Quantified Nutrition for sending it out!
  October 24, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Taste Great
  • Aids Recovery
  • Versatile
  • Boosts Endurance
  • Reduces Fatigue
  • A Bit Pricey

A special thanks to Quantified Nutrition for participating here on SR.com. Today, I discuss my experience with Q//Amino. As we all know, amino acids are the building blocks of all living tissue. Of course, this includes muscle tissue in particular. For me, amino acid products work best for recovery and helping to give my endurance a boost. However, amino acid products are one of the most versatile products you could use since they fit into virtually all areas of fitness from muscle growth support, fat loss, etc.

Q//Amino contains a fully disclosed ingredient profile consisting of 5 primary ingredients. In addition to 440mg of sodium, the 5 primary ingredients include 6g of L-Citrulline Malate, 5g of L-Leucine, 3g of beta alanine, 2.5g of L-Isoleucine, and 1.5g of L-Valine.

I for one am really fond of the addition of L-citrulline and beta alanine and at subsequent doses nonetheless. Both these ingredients combine have always helped big time in giving me a notable endurance support boost and fatigue reduction. Having them in an amino acid product is pretty convenient.

The BCAAs included are also well dosed. Particularly, a good dose of L-Leucine is always a good thing to have since this BCAA is of particular importance when it comes to BCAA's benefits.

I received the Pineapple Mango flavor and found it quite satisfying. It had the right amount of sweetness and tartness without being too much of either. It was also refreshing to drink and didn't leave any nasty aftertastes or stomach upset.

The mixability was completely thorough and I had no problems with undissolved grit or sediment.

I experimented a little bit with the dosing protocol to see where Q//Amino would benefit me the most. For the first rwo weeks, I used it as intra-woirkout support by mixing one scoop with water and sipping it during my workout. The second two weeks I used as a post workout booster, again, by mixing one scoop with water and downing it after my workout.

As an intra workout support product, Q//Amino did give me some good fatigue reduction and endurance benefits. I had less fatigue between sets and was able to crank out more reps on nearly all sets. I was also able to perform additional high volume sets with less rest in between, allowing for more of a pump gain.

As a post workout, Q//Amino helped me recover faster each consecutive day. As it's traditional for me to grade recovery, I had less post day DOMS and had less of a workout hangover lethargy spell at the beginning of each day before my planned workouts for that day. I also had more natural morning energy and a little more focus as well.

So which usage was better? Honestly, that is a tough one to answer because it seemed like it shined in both areas equally. Personally, I guess it all comes down to each individual's preference as to how they prefer to use amino acid products for a specific purpose. I would say overall, it shined more as a post workout supplement mainly because for me, BCAAs come in most handy as a post workout support product. If you're an endurance athlete more concerned with improving stamina, then I would recommend this as an intra support product.

I gave an "8" because I factored in the efficacy, versatility, sufficient dosing, and comparison to other BCAAs products. Right now, you can only get Q//Amino from Quantified Nutrition's own website for 40 dollars. Seems a little pricey, but again, considering all the factors I just mentioned and that many of today's more popular BCAAs products are price ranged around 30-40 dollars, I believed this to be a very good value for a full 30-day supply of a well dosed amino product. Furthermore, most BCAAs products are under-dosed and don't include bonuses such as L-citrulline malate and beta alanine. Q//Amino stands out even further considering these factors.

Side Effects

beta alanine tingles, but who cares about that

Conclusion

Quantified Nutrition hit a home run with Q//Amino. It can help with recovery as well as other things of concern in your fitness regimen. The sufficient dosing of the ingredients and inclusion of l-citrulline and beta alanine at their own respectable dosages, will have you reaping the benefits of BCAAs combined with endurance support and fatigue reduction. I do recommend trying out both intra and post workout to see which protocol works best for you. Just be sure to look out for sales and coupons since 40 dollars can be a little pricey of a continuous investment.

WARMACHINE OUT!!!!