(Better than 93% in Amino Acids > BCAA/EAA)

Q//AMINO is a BCAA/Intra-Workout manufactured by Quantified Nutrition. BCAA is short for branched chain amino acids. They are the building blocks of protein and can increase protein synthesis, muscle recovery and endurance during workouts and have also been shown to reduce body fat.

Amino Acids > BCAA/EAA

January 13, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Aids Recovery
  • Boosts Endurance
  • Reduces Fatigue
  • Taste Great
  • Versatile
  • Well Dosed
    /I have to admit, I hadn't ever heard about Quantified Nutrition until I saw them participating as part of the TROOP program. I think this is one of the true bright spots of the program: Brands that are relatively unknown and stand behind their product can offer them up for review and potentially have this be their launching point toward bigger and better things. From what I've seen so far from other reviews, it looks like this may happen for Quantified. So far, their BCAA has been the biggest hit. Let's see how I enjoyed it compared to the other reviewers.

A great looking ingredient profile is what we have here. Q Amino is packed with 9g of BCAAs as 6g of Citrulline and 3g of Beta-Alanine. This makes Q Amino an especially versatile product, as you can use it either in the traditional sense intra-workout or you could use it as a stimulant free pre-workout option. I love this sort of flexibility and it makes it doubly appealing.

Q Amino mixed very well with minimal gritty sediment. I had the pleasure of trying the Strawberry Kiwi flavor, which was absolutely delicious. I typically use a lot of water with my amino products (30-40oz) and this was very pleasing to drink each and every time. Definitely more sweet strawberry flavor than tart kiwi.

8.7/10

With its dual capability, I had to think of Q Amino as both a pre and intra in terms of effectiveness, and it was highly effective when used either way.

When used as an intra, this helped me feel well hydrated throughout my workout and I generally felt more energized and recovered between each set and ready to go for the next. The added Citrulline also helped to keep a nice, heavy pump going during the entire course of my workouts and made for a nice complement to whatever pre-workout I was using.

As a pre, this did a great job of still providing some great pumps and endurance thanks to the nice doses of Citrulline and Beta-Alanine. Whichever way you decide to use this, you can't go wrong.

7.7/10

At $36 for 30 servings, this is a bit more expensive than usual for BCAA products, but the inclusion of Citrulline and Beta-Alanine help to justify this decision. I consider this to be just under the borderline of great value, and would obviously be higher whenever it goes on sale. Wouldn't mind paying this in the future.

Side Effects

Overall

8.2/10

A great multi-purpose BCAA that I would love to pick up again in the future. I'm curious to see how Quantified grows and would love to see this in more flavors next time around.
    • Strawberry Kiwi: 9/10

January 13, 2018

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Aids Recovery
    • Boosts Endurance
    • Reduces Fatigue
    • Taste Great
    • Versatile
    • -Tingles
    • Tub To Small For Big Hands

(About yourself, 1-3 sentences maximum)
    Hey SR this is a review for a recovery/intra workout BCAA prodcut called q//amino. When the company put this product up on SR for the Troops the profile look killer and I wanted to try it. I don't see many intra-workout products with beta-alanine in it. Now let's see how Quantified Nutrition q//amino stack up.

With this intra-workout product you will get 6g of citrulline malate, 5g of L-leucine, 3g of beta-alanine, 2.5g L-Isolecuine, and 1.5g of L-Valine

The flavor i received was strawberry kiwi really tasty. Didn't have any mixability issues. Take 1 scoop with 8-16oz of water drink while lifting some weights.

Wow... this is a great intra-aid product that will keep your workouts going, going, going and going. It's my first BCAA recovery product that has beta-alanine along with citrulline in it. The other bcaa I've had in the best did not have any of these goodies. But then came q-amino to change it up and wow it made my workouts last a lot longer. Along with the added endurance from the beta-alanine I also had some killer pumps with the citrulline. In the words of the late Rich Piana I just workout for the pump. I usually workout at 4am before I go to work. That early in the morning I need every bit of extra drive I can possibly get. Because usually I'm a total zombie when I get up. Q-amino also helped me recover faster in-between my workouts. I need all the recovery I can get because I work 12hr shifts on top of training at 4am. But q-amino also help with my DOMS so I wasn't has sore the next morning before my workouts. Q-amino is a great intra-workout for all your endurance, pumps, and recovery needs.

On the company website a 30 serving tub goes for 36.99 which is a 1.23 not bad price for and above average bcaa.

Side Effects

Looking to step up your amino game then try q-amino it has everything you need plus a little extra.
    zero

• Strawberry Kiwi: 8/10

December 25, 2017

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Aids Recovery
    • Boosts Endurance
    • Reduces Fatigue
    • Taste Great
    • Versatile
    • Mixes Well
    • Well Dosed

Merry Christmas and happy holidays to my SR family. This time around, I'm reviewing Q//Amino, a BCAA product from Quantified Nutrition (thanks for supporting the TROOPS). Quantified claims that it's effective used as an intra or pre workout. How did it fare with me? Keep reading.

Q//Amino contains 6 primary ingredients.
      Sodium (440 mg)
      Citrulline Malate (6 grams)
      L-Leucine (5 grams)
      Beta Alanine (3 grams)
      L-Isoleucine (2.5 grams)
      L-Valine (1.5 grams)
      This is a very solid ingredient profile, at most of the ingredients are clinically dosed. However, Q//Amino does contain artificial colors. Those who may be sensitive to dyes should be made aware of this.

Taste
      I received the pineapple mango flavor, and as far as mango flavors go, this was spot on. Most of the formulations that I have tried with mango as one of the flavors were always very light on the mango and heavy on the other flavor. This was perfectly balanced, sweet with just a touch of tartness dare I say refreshing?

Mixability
      Mixing was a breeze. I just added a scoop to 12 ounces of water and shook the bottle for about 30 seconds...no excess residue
      Here's where I was most impressed with Quantified Nutrition. Quantified Nutrition uses what they call the Athlete's Resource Counter (ARC). The ARC is a
      tool, developed in collaboration with coaches and nutritionists. The goal is to provide athletes with a system that suggests how much of their Quantified Nutrition products they should be taking, based upon the type of physical training they are doing and how hard they are working. In other words, each scoop of Q//Amino has been specifically measured according to the ARC.

Whether used as a pre workout or intra workout drink, Q//Amino increased my endurance, buffered lactic acid buildup, enhanced my recovery, and significantly reduced DOMS. I also felt slightly higher than normal pumps, especially in my arms and legs.

I was able to find Q//Amino on Amazon for $26.99. Quantified Nutrition's website advertises it for $36 for 30 servings. Either way, I think that it represents a good value because it works.

Side Effects

Just the typical Beta Alanine tingles.

Conclusion

Q//Amino does what it's supposed to do quite well. This was my first time using a BCAA product. Quantified Nutrition seems to formulate their products with the athlete in mind, and I'm now a fan.
      • Pineapple Mango: 9/10

December 24, 2017

Pros:
       Cons:
      • Aids Recovery
      • Mixes Well
      • Tub To Small For Big Hands

(About yourself, 1-3 sentences maximum)

Big thank you to Quantified Nutrition for letting me review this. I threw some of the nastiest workouts and MetCon's at myself while taking this finding ways to push the envelop on strength training and cardiovascular conditioning, and as a early-mid 30's male who has been beaten and broken down thanks to the military, this is a good gauntlet for this product.

The ingredients are simple a straight forward. They are as follows:
      440 mg of Sodium-This is great to maintain an electrolyte balance in your body as you are pushing yourself, especially if you sweat like a waterfall.

6 grams L-Citrulline Malate-This is a very versatile ingredient. Some products will use it as a pump enhancer, but I always find that it is a great product for increasing endurance and power output while fighting fatigue.

3g of beta alanine-Another staple Amino ingredient for fighting fatigue.

1.5g of L-Valine
      5 g of L-Leucine

That last 3 ingredients are stapled Amino Acids and this product delivers on them. The sheer volume of what they give you sets this product above most. This dosing will help slow the degradation of muscle tissue by increasing the synthesis of muscle proteins.

So while most of the reviews were done on the Pineapple Mango flavor, I went with the strawberry Kiwi flavor and wow! It was a home run on flavor. It had a very clean and refreshing taste to it, with little to no after taste. Some products can leave you feeling with a funky taste after drinking, but this was not the case.

Mixability was a winner as well. This honestly mixed as if the Amino's were micronized, for anyone who has every tried MAN Sports aminos they mix just as easy if not easier than those. Keep in mind this was with 32oz of water and no blender bottle. There was very little settling of powder at the bottom and it did not foam up either when mixing.

Dosing was 1 scoop. 1 scoop was all I would use in a day and I would drink this as I worked out rather than after. The other thing that really shocked me was how full the container was. In fact it was so full, that for the most part I had to keep the scooper on the outside so I would not spill any of the product.

To echo what I said earlier, I would drink this as I would do my workouts which involved lifting and cardio components. I found that using it as an Intra really helped keep me going and fighting fatigue. On top of that I also notice that no matter what I put my body through, I really never felt sore. It was almost to the point where I was questioning if I was working out hard enough. This product really delivered on preserving my muscles, and reducing DOMS and muscle breakdown. I would have to say that it was a highly effective quality no frills product.

So their website has this product for $36 which for 30 scoops is $1.20 per serving. This is pretty much on par with any other quality Amino Acid product out there. Of course if you take 2 scoops a day then it might be pricey, but after running this, 1 dose a day is plenty.

Side Effects

So I never experienced this, but due to the amount of Beta Alanine some users could experience itchy tingling "bees crawling all over my body" feeling.

Conclusion

In conclusion this product was great. They really hit a home run with this with everything from flavor, mixing, and effectiveness. Additionally this is a no frills product. It is straight forward on what it is giving you and what you will get out from it. It does not have any funky ingredients or extra's. The only knock that I have against this product (and its petty at best) is they have Red 40 in it for coloring which honestly is not needed, but its not a deal breaker. This product is priced right to compete with your bigger named products. For anyone looking to try a new Amino product I highly encourage you to give this one a try!
      • Strawberry Kiwi: 8/10

6.9
        December 9, 2017

Pros:
       Cons:
      • Aids Recovery
      • Boosts Endurance
      • Reduces Fatigue
      • Taste Great
      • Versatile
      • A Bit Pricey

What is up guys?? I'm bringing you a BCAA review today and would like to give a big thanks to Quantified Nutrition for putting their product up for review. As always I'd like to give a big shoutout to everyone at SR for making this review possible. I was beyond excited to do a test run of this product when I read the Ingredient label. Let's dive right in.

6 grams L-Citrulline Malate
      3g of beta alanine
      1.5g of L-Valine.

For starters, this product contains 9 grams of your traditional BCAA's with 5 of that being a hefty amount of Leucine. I love this. As a whole, your 'run of the mill' BCAA products contains 3000mg-5000mg TOTAL of all 3 amino acids. Q// Amino gives you 5g of Leucine PLUS 2.5g of Isoleucine PLUS 1.5g of Valine. Go to GNC and look at their traditional amino products to compare. This alone would make it an above average BCAA product in terms of its label, but wait there's more! (lol) They add 6g of Citrulline Malate and 3g of Beta-Alanine for added pump and endurance benefits that your average run of the mill BCAA product can't give you. These 2 added ingredients give the pump and tingly sensations that pre-workouts can give you. Phenomenal label on paper, but let's see it in application.

Taste: Pineapple Mango was a very solid flavor. It wasn't overpowering, but it was still very pleasant to drink.

Mixibility: I never had any issues with mixing or clumping while using this product.

Dosage: Depending on if I was working out twice that day or not, I would use this intra-workout or pre-workout. I found that I preferred using this as an Intra-workout with the recommended one scoop serving size.

The first thing I think about when using any BCAA product is, "Did this reduce my DOMs?" Yes, yes it did. Try not using a BCAA product for a while and then come back and try to workout at the same intensity and frequency as before (I can already tell you that it sucks). So I was very happy with that portion of the product. My endurance and pumps also improved because of this product. The added Beta-A and Citrulline really makes this product stand out for me and it proved itself time and time again. If your used to doing heavy volume filled workouts then the Beta-Alanine will really allow you to dig deep in those late sets.

$36.00 for 30 servings comes out to $1.20 per serving and for what you're getting it makes sense. However, as a college student thats ALWAYS looking to save a buck I can't say that this is a 'great deal/value.'

Side Effects

NO NEGATIVES (If you are sensitive to Beta-Alanine then you'll probably experience some face tingles)

Conclusion

A very interesting option for those that want a little bit more out of their daily BCAA's. I would definitely recommend it ESPECIALLY for anyone that doesn't use stim-pre workout supplements because this could be a great alternative to other non-stem options.

November 8, 2017

Pros:
       Cons:
      • Aids Recovery
      • Boosts Endurance
      • Reduces Fatigue
      • Taste Great
      • Versatile
      • Tub To Small For Big Hands
      ----Introduction----
      As a 40 year middle aged dad who work's his butt off during the day and train's hard as I can when I get to the gym. Having a solid BCAA is basically essential in my book. Never heard of Quantified Nutrition before seeing them on the site. After giving them a go, I hope to see them at some local brick and mortar stores soon.

----Profile----
      Warmachine already hit on what this one holds but . I will say it again.
      440 mg of Sodium. ( Some may not like this but if you sweat a lot ) This is not a bad thing to have.
      6 grams L-Citrulline Malate
      3g of beta alanine
      1.5g of L-Valine.
      5 g of L-Leucine
      Pretty basic with the Amino's but having the Cit mal and the beta alanine make this great for using this as a stim free preworkout .

----taste/Mixing/Dosing----
      I received the Strawberry Kiwi and this stuff is awesome!. I mixed it a few times with thier HBCD island Coconut and it makes it taste so much like tiger blood. Just awesome. I loved this combo.
      Mixing was perfect, I never had as issue with floaters, sinkers or just not mixing well. Score's a 10 on this part.

-----Effectiveness---
      I played with the dosing of this some and I actually found this the best when I took this about 2 hrs Pre workout at the end of my shift. This gave me time to get home, cook, eat a small bite and have my HBCD ( from Quantified Nutrition ) and Preworkout. When I did this I had some terrific workout's .
      Also Used this as a Intra a few times and I did like that but I tend to just want some cold plain water when I am sweaty and hitting it hard at the gym.
      Post workout I liked this also if It was going to be while before I got some carb's and protein in me.
      I think this did help with overall recovery, But one thing I did notice was the increase in pump's and recovery during a workout. Especially when I used it the way I first described.
      As far where I liked it best I would have to say taken before the gym. I think the added Beta-Alanine and the Cit- Mal really helped push my current Preworkout into overdrive.

----Value----
      I see they have dropped the price down to 36 bucks for the 30 serving's worth , which I feel put's them around where most other top shelf Amino's are.

----Side Effects----
      NONE
      But I do have one thing that annoyed me. The tub. Some of us men have big hands and once I got down to half a tub I had to get my kids or wife to get the scoop for me. I could not get my hand into the tub. Not sure if they can just go with a bag like the HBCD comes in or what. But it would be nice.

----Conclusion---
      I really liked this one and loved the flavor and ease of mixing. The one thing I think I would like to see is something more for hydration. Other than that I feel this is a great recovery drink. With the added Beta and Cit. I feel this would be great for someone into some high endurance type fitness. Thank you for being a part of this program and I hope to see more thing's from this company.
      • Strawberry Kiwi: 9/10

October 24, 2017

Pros:
       Cons:
      • Taste Great
      • Aids Recovery
      • Versatile
      • Boosts Endurance
      • Reduces Fatigue
      • A Bit Pricey

A special thanks to Quantified Nutrition for participating here on SR.com. Today, I discuss my experience with Q//Amino. As we all know, amino acids are the building blocks of all living tissue. Of course, this includes muscle tissue in particular. For me, amino acid products work best for recovery and helping to give my endurance a boost. However, amino acid products are one of the most versatile products you could use since they fit into virtually all areas of fitness from muscle growth support, fat loss, etc.

Q//Amino contains a fully disclosed ingredient profile consisting of 5 primary ingredients. In addition to 440mg of sodium, the 5 primary ingredients include 6g of L-Citrulline Malate, 5g of L-Leucine, 3g of beta alanine, 2.5g of L-Isoleucine, and 1.5g of L-Valine.

I for one am really fond of the addition of L-citrulline and beta alanine and at subsequent doses nonetheless. Both these ingredients combine have always helped big time in giving me a notable endurance support boost and fatigue reduction. Having them in an amino acid product is pretty convenient.

The BCAAs included are also well dosed. Particularly, a good dose of L-Leucine is always a good thing to have since this BCAA is of particular importance when it comes to BCAA's benefits.

I received the Pineapple Mango flavor and found it quite satisfying. It had the right amount of sweetness and tartness without being too much of either. It was also refreshing to drink and didn't leave any nasty aftertastes or stomach upset.

The mixability was completely thorough and I had no problems with undissolved grit or sediment.

I experimented a little bit with the dosing protocol to see where Q//Amino would benefit me the most. For the first rwo weeks, I used it as intra-woirkout support by mixing one scoop with water and sipping it during my workout. The second two weeks I used as a post workout booster, again, by mixing one scoop with water and downing it after my workout.

As an intra workout support product, Q//Amino did give me some good fatigue reduction and endurance benefits. I had less fatigue between sets and was able to crank out more reps on nearly all sets. I was also able to perform additional high volume sets with less rest in between, allowing for more of a pump gain.

As a post workout, Q//Amino helped me recover faster each consecutive day. As it's traditional for me to grade recovery, I had less post day DOMS and had less of a workout hangover lethargy spell at the beginning of each day before my planned workouts for that day. I also had more natural morning energy and a little more focus as well.

So which usage was better? Honestly, that is a tough one to answer because it seemed like it shined in both areas equally. Personally, I guess it all comes down to each individual's preference as to how they prefer to use amino acid products for a specific purpose. I would say overall, it shined more as a post workout supplement mainly because for me, BCAAs come in most handy as a post workout support product. If you're an endurance athlete more concerned with improving stamina, then I would recommend this as an intra support product.

I gave an "8" because I factored in the efficacy, versatility, sufficient dosing, and comparison to other BCAAs products. Right now, you can only get Q//Amino from Quantified Nutrition's own website for 40 dollars. Seems a little pricey, but again, considering all the factors I just mentioned and that many of today's more popular BCAAs products are price ranged around 30-40 dollars, I believed this to be a very good value for a full 30-day supply of a well dosed amino product. Furthermore, most BCAAs products are under-dosed and don't include bonuses such as L-citrulline malate and beta alanine. Q//Amino stands out even further considering these factors.

Side Effects

beta alanine tingles, but who cares about that

Conclusion

Quantified Nutrition hit a home run with Q//Amino. It can help with recovery as well as other things of concern in your fitness regimen. The sufficient dosing of the ingredients and inclusion of l-citrulline and beta alanine at their own respectable dosages, will have you reaping the benefits of BCAAs combined with endurance support and fatigue reduction. I do recommend trying out both intra and post workout to see which protocol works best for you. Just be sure to look out for sales and coupons since 40 dollars can be a little pricey of a continuous investment.

WARMACHINE OUT!!!!