Fat Smack XR has been reported as discontinued.

Check out the top-ranked products in Weight Loss > Thermogenics

Fat Smack XR Reviews

By: Purus Labs

Fat Smack XR is a Thermogenic Weight Loss Product manufactured by Purus Labs. It increases the body's temperature and raises metabolism, helping to burn more calories and assist with fat loss.

Fat Smack XR has been reported as discontinued.

Check out the top-ranked products in Weight Loss > Thermogenics

March 13, 2013

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Enhanced Mood
  • Strong Thermo
  • Extended Release In Energy
  • No Crash
  • Great Value
  • Increased Definition
  • Peppery Burn In Stomach
First off I'd like to thank Grambo and everyone over at Purus Labs for allowing me to get a free bottle of this product, great marketing/advertising on their behalf...all I had to do was message them on Fb and it was sent with some other goodies!

I ran Fat Smack during my cutting session over the summer and slightly after the Transformation Contest. Overall I was very pleased with the results of this product and will be breaking this review down into 4 sections: Ingredients, Dosing/Issues, Energy/Thermogenic Effectiveness, Overall

Ingredients: 9
Vitamin A 5000 IU
Vitamin C 60mg
Controlled Sympathomimetic Psychoactive Adrenal Stimulant Complex (Holy poo that sounds intense) 410mg (Caffeine)
Green Tea Extract 500mg
Cissus 300mg
Black Pepper Extract 5mg
Chili Pepper Extract 2mg

These ingredients are top notch in my opinion. This product brings something new to the fat burner world using the pepper extract which were felt strongly and were quite effective. They actually stimulate fat burning and both help to cut appetite which also was shown to be true in my case. The cissus, as mentioned in other reviews helped joint pain and fluidity of motion for my workouts as well. The green tea extract has been shown to stimulate burning fat and also just good for you. The Caffeine I'll get to in the next section.

Dosing/Issues: 7
I had a tough time getting the dosing of this product down...just read the bottle right? nope not that easy. This product MUST be taken with food...if not there is a massive pepper burn in your stomach that actually made me void my breakfast a few times...I also work on a farm in the sun so that didn't help but it also happened just sitting at home, not hard to avoid if taken with food (full meal). User error but still important to note, once I got the timing down this product was easy to dose and I no longer had any issues. I have a high stim tolerance and this product would probably not do so well with anyone who has a low tolerance to stimulants due to the caff amount, as well as the other ingredients.

Energy/Thermogenic/ Effectiveness: 9
This product gave me a constant supply of CLEAN energy that was highly appreciated! I had absolutely no crash and no jittery effects, like I've felt before on products like OEP, Super HD, and Alpha T2. Along with the energy I had all day from this product, my appetite was basically cut into thirds...I didn't not eat but this product definitely cut out all the excess snacking when I would be bored or just grazing on the farm throughout the day. Much appreciated!!! This product makes you SWEAT! Like, seriously sweating through shirts/undershirts, which continued in the gym...really just a great Thermogenic product.

Overall: 8
This product has a good value, gave me clean energy throughout the day, made me sweat throughout the day and definitely cut my appetite helping me in my fat loss quest! As long as you dose this product properly and take it on a full stomach you'll benefit from it.

September 2, 2012

• No Side Effects
  • Sound Ingredient Profile
  • Joint Relief
  • Mild Stim
  • Good Recomp Agent
  • Mediocre Effectiveness
  • Weaker Than Other Products
Big thanks to Grambo and the boys over at Purus Labs for making excellent products and being an overall great supplement company. I was fortunate enough to win a bottle of FatSmack XR through a contest on Purus' Facebook page.

I honestly don't get a whole lot out of fat burners. Generally I find this category of supps to be under-dosed and only mildly effective (RippedFreak, Lean EFX), and have yet to find a fat-loss agent other than OEP that has provided me drastic effects. Here's the thing - I hate cutting and I don't do it well. While I love fitness and exercise, I simply don't have the same dedication and drive when it comes to my diet. I don't eat poorly nor do I snack frequently, but I am just not good at tracking caloric intake, macros, etc.

I say this only as a disclaimer that my results from fat burners are likely partially due to my habits. If you are a hardcore dieter/cardio person, you'll probably get more out of this product. Still there are products out that have caused me intense fat loss with a very minimal change in lifestyle. It is against this standard that I rate fat-burning products.

DOSING:
2 caps (1 serving) up to twice daily. For the most part I stuck with one serving in the AM with my breakfast, although I did up the dosage to 3-4 caps daily towards the end of the bottle.

EFFECTIVENESS: 7.1/10
For me FatSmack XR was slightly better than most burners I've tried, yet still provided only marginal weight control benefits. I did notice some slight leaning out while on FatSmack, but no true fat loss (at least nothing marked). I will say I gained some excellent muscle mass during my run of this product without putting on any additional fat. With that in mind, I do feel FatSmack worked well as a supportive supplement in my recomping efforts.

As for immediate effects, I didn't feel anything from this product. No thermogenic effects, no appetite suppression, no elevated heart rate, etc. I also didn't have any negative side effects that I've experienced from other products i.e. jitters, nausea, coldness, racing heart, nor did I have any issues with a burning throat that some other loggers reported. Put it this way, there were some days when I couldn't remember whether or not I had dosed the product.

Weirdly the biggest benefit I got from FatSmack was joint relief, which is likely due to the product containing 300mg of Cissus quadrangularis per 2 caps. Though a smaller dose, I definitely noticed less stress/recovery time for my joints. I didn't even realize the product was providing this benefit until I finished the bottle and starting experiencing some delayed soreness and tenderness in various joints/ligaments. A nice ingredient bonus from Purus Labs.

VALUE: 8.5/10
True to form, Purus makes sure FatSmack XR has a solid price point. A 90 cap bottle (45 servings) is going to cost you roughly $28 or .62c per serving. Considering the overall profile of the product, $28 is a good value. In comparison to other similar burners, FatSmack is generally less expensive or extremely comparable in price.

OVERALL: 7.6/10
If you respond well to burners and are looking for a new product from a sound company, absolutely check out Fat Smack XR. While I personally didn't get much out of the "extended release" caffeine profile, I do feel that stim-sensitive or more diet-strict individuals will have greater experiences with this product. Overall Purus Labs is bringing a solid supplement to the table and, though it wasn't one of my favorites, I still recommend it as being a well-rounded, well-priced supplement for any fat-loss stack.

**Side Note** As I very much respect this company, I've purchased a second bottle of FatSmack XR that I plan to run during a stricter dietary cycle in the near future. Should my opinion of this product change, I will certainly make sure to add new thoughts/experiences. Thanks for reading.

July 21, 2012

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Clean Energy
  • Enhanced Mood
  • Strong Thermo
  • Have Nothing Bad To Say About This Product
    First off I want to give another enormous thanks to Grambo and everyone at Purus Labs for hooking me up with a free bottle of Fat Smack XR to log and review. It was definitely well worth the wait! I do realize that this review is overdue because of my absences. But I hope the quality of the review will make it up to everyone now that I finally had some time to type it out.

Profile:
    Serving Size: 2 capsules
    Servings Per Container: 45
    Vitamin A (as Retinyl Acetate) 5000IU
    Vitamin C (as Ascorbic Acid) 60mg
    Controlled Sympathomimetic Psychoactive Adrenal Stimulant Complex 410mg
    1,3,7-teimethylxanthine (as caffeine anhydrous and controlled release enteric coated caffeine pellets); 2-amino-4-methylhexane
    Green Tea extract (std. min. 60% EGCG)(leaf) 500mg

Cissus quadrangularis extract (20:1)(std. min. 5% Ketosteroids)(root) 300mg

Black Pepper extract (std. min. 98% Piperine)(fruit) 5mg

Chili Pepper extract (std. min. 90% capsaicinoids and 55% capsaicin)(fruit) 2mg

I really love how simple the ingredients are in Fat Smack XR. As well as there is at least a fair amount of scientific research backing each ingredient. They also all pretty much speak for themselves, so I not going to go into any details here.

Dosing/Taste:
    The dosage and timing of Fat Smack XR is almost identical to just about every other thermogenic out there I've seen. As recommended, users are supposed to start out with taking 1 capsule in the morning and then take another capsule anywhere from 4-6 hours later. Then bump up dosage to the full 2 capsules when felt appropriate. I personally followed the "assessment" stage for about half a week then begin using the full dosage of 4 capsules a day. On some days I used Fat Smack about 1-2 hours before working out. And on most days I skipped the second dosage later in the day and instead opted for taking a serving of the preworkout I was using.
    The capsules are half black and half red. The capsules are pretty small and extremely easy to swallow, even at 2 caps at a time. I never experienced any kind of nasty aftertaste or disgusting powder burps throughout my entire experience with using Fat Smack. Though I do recall one of the expert reviewers stating that he a pretty bad experience when he accidentally bit down and broke open one of the capsules in his mouth.

Overall Effectiveness: 9/10
    Fat Smack was the third thermogenic I've ever fully used. With the other two thermos being Muscle Pharm Shred Matrix (pill version) and USP Labs Oxyelite Pro. Both of which are two highly reviewed and popular products. However, I feel Fat Smack XR is on par and trumps both of them in just about every aspect.

Energy/Focus:9/10
    Throughout my whole experience with Fat Smack I felt alert and energized throughout the day. I was wide awake and focused in all of my early morning classes during a summer semester. The energy and focus got me through my night shifts at work and later workouts as well. Most of all, the energy and focus stayed consistent throughout the entire bottle. And I never seemed to build up any kind of large tolerance and never experienced any kind of bad side effects.

Mood:10/10
    I hate having to be up early during the summer so I can go to my first two courses. I also really hate a lot of aspects of my job. However, during my experience with Fat Smack I noticed a huge increase in mood and actually felt pretty calm and happy during all of the more crappy moments while on this product.

Thermo/Fat Loss: 9/10
    Pardon the expression, but I would sweat like a hooker in church while on Fat Smack. In and out of the gym, I would begin to perspire heavily with just about any kind of physical activity. Even when I was just standing around at work I would sweat more than usual.

Alright, now here's the big thing we all look for. When I started using Fat Smack, I weighed roughly about 225. When I finished the bottle about 3 weeks ago I came in at about 216. My shoulders, lats, middle back, and abs also looked a lot more defined as before. Again not all of the weight loss is absolutely not from Fat Smack alone. But I feel it definitely did help play a big role.

The average price for Fat Smack XR is right around 28$ online. Depending on your budget that can be a little pricey for some people to fit into a stack. However, I believe that the 28$ is an exceptional value. Considering that Fat Smack XR is a couple bucks cheaper and is just as effective if not more as some of the other more popular products in the same category.

Overall:9/10
    Overall I was very pleased with Fat Smack XR and have absolutely nothing bad at all to say about it. With my experiences thus far, I believe Purus has a single bad product in their lineup. Simple as that. Again I want to give a huge thanks to Grambo and everyone else at Purus Labs for giving me the chance to run Fat Smack XR absolutely free.

July 6, 2012

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Clean Energy
    • Enhanced Mood
    • Extended Release In Energy
    • No Crash
    • Great Value
    • Increased Definition
    • Not Enough Servings
    Alright feels great to be only the second person to review this version of Fat Smack.

To start off I decided to take this product to lose some excess fat and weight I had put on from recovering an injury where I as unable to do cardio. I picked the XR version and purchased this from TFSupplements.com for 23.99 and entered a discount code for all Purus Labs product that enabled me to receive another 10% off which as nice. I chose the XR version because I work long hours and work and wanted energy all day. I have taken other thermogenic products such as OEP, Hydroxcut Hardcore X, and Ripped Fuel.

I started off the product weighing at 197lbs.

Value - 9/10 in my book. Bought it for a little over 20 dollars, only could be better if it was free haha.

Pill size/Taste - two small capsules, twice daily. Pills are a cool two tone red/black to match the bottle (not that this has anything to do with it). There as no taste for the pills although it had an after burning sensation if not taken with proper amount of water I'll get to that later.

Ingredient Profile - 9/10 There was no 1,3 DMMA which is nice. The pills are coated for an extended release and has a decent amount of caffeine. This really helps provide long lasting energy and its great not having a huge rush of caffeine when you initially pop the pills. Green Tea Extract, Chilli Pepper Extract, and the Black Pepper Extract produced a great thermogenic effect that really aided in the weight loss and body fat reduction.

Effectiveness - Out of all this was my favorite thermogenic I have ever tried. It's definitely not as strong as the other fat burners out there but if you are looking to lose a small amount of fat or weight and tone up a bit this is great. I got real cut up and I was on a recomp coming back from my injury. I started a really clean diet and HIIT cardio so I cannot account all of my loss and increase in definition to this product but it absolutely helped me in the process. I ended up at 193 ultimately losing 4lbs. Each serving was great to take because it increased my mood tremendously and I was able to have energy for hours. Three hours after taking a serving I was feeling a jolt of energy randomly kick it and it as amazing sitting at a computer all day. I work at an office so it hard to burn calories during the day and this product sure did help in that department.

Sides - No sides at all except one downfall to this product is that if you don't take the pills with enough water your insides feel like they are melting on fire from all of the Chili pepper and Black pepper extract. By mistake I took a serving with only a few sips and I was literally gasping for air it as that intense (I also have really bad acid reflux though). I didn't have any intense sweating or heated sensations which was great for a thermogenic. And absolutely no increase in acne to keep the ladies happy.

Overall - I was extremely happy with this product and for the price you cant beat it, and there wasn't any bad sides if taken properly. Only thing is that there are only 90 pills. Each serving is two pills and suggests two servings a day so I was only able to get 22.5 servings out of the bottle (I also jumped right into the maximum dosing for the product). Fat Smack XR with out a doubt helped me lose weight and body fat AND I was able to grow muscle coming from an injury which was nice. Although, if your looking for serious fat burner I would say stick with OEP. This is a great thermogenic for a recomp I'd have to say though. Purus Labs continues to put out great products and I'm excited to see what they have in the future. Thanks guys.

June 21, 2012

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Clean Energy
    • Enhanced Mood
    • Strong Thermo
    • Extended Release In Energy
    • Peppery Burn In Stomach
    (Putting this review on the correct product now that it's available)

To start, I would like to thank Grambo and the team over at Purus Labs for allowing me to test this product free of charge via their Facebook giveaway. I was lucky enough to be one of the first 50 people to "Smack my Fat" and I must say that I was extremely impressed with Fat Smack XR. While I was taking Fat Smack XR, I stacked it with PES Alpha T2 to maximize the results, and my diet was also based on Petey's recomp article. So I wasn't cutting which is why the weight loss wasn't extreme, but I will explain my results later. Now to the review...

Profile:

Fat Smack XR Supplement Facts
    Serving Size: 2 Capsules
    Servings per Container: 45
    -----------------------------------------
    Vitamin A (as Retinyl Acetate) – 5000 IU
    Vitamin C (as Ascorbic Acid) – 60mg
    Controlled Sympathomimetic Psychoactive Adrenal Stimulant Complex: 410mg
    1,3,7-trimethylxanthine (as caffeine anhydrous and controlled release enteric coated caffeine pellets), 2-amino-4-methylhexane
    Green Tea extract (std. min. 60% EGCG) (leaf) – 500mg
    Cissus quadrangularis extract (20:1) (std. min. 5% Ketosteroids) (root) – 300mg
    Black Pepper extract (std. min. 98% Piperine) (fruit) – 5mg
    Chili Pepper extract (std. min. 90% capsaicinoids and 55% capsaicin) (fruit) – 2mg
    OTHER INGREDIENTS: Gelatin, magnesium stearate, silica, FD&C red #3, titanium dioxide, FD&C yellow #6, FD&C red #40, FD&C blue #1.
    In comparison with the original Fat Smack, this is what Purus Labs improved (copied from Grambo's original post on Fat Smack XR)
    1. Fixed the original problem of upset stomach/GI issues when on an empty stomach.

After some testing we determined that the problem was not the capsaicin as originally thought. We determined it was actually the added minerals in the product (Iron, iodine, zinc and selenium). This allows the product to now not need to be taken with food as well as not make you feel sick.

2. Make the stimulant components last longer throughout the day

We swapped approximately half the caffeine anhydrous per serving to an enteric coated, delayed release caffeine anhydrous beadlet, thus creating a 2-teir stimulant effect providing a less acutely pronounced stimulation in exchange for a smoother more sustained stimulant effect.

Dosage:
    The dosing for Fat Smack XR is very similar to other thermo's/fat burners. Start with 1 pill upon waking until your tolerance is assessed and add 1 pill later in the day. Then bump it up to 2 in the morning and another 5-6 hours later. Sensitive users should consume with food.
    -The pills are medium sized, gelatin pills with a black and red color...very cool looking pills and easy to get down

Effectiveness: 9
    I have taken multiple fat burners/thermo's like the very popular USP Labs OxyElite Pro and others like Lipo 6 Black, Hydroxycut, etc. Fat Smack XR is right on par with OEP to me. From the first dose to the last, this product delivered every time. I must add that I'm a very stimulant tolerant person and a lot of fat burners/thermo's don't effect me, but I can say with certainty that Fat Smack XR delivers even to the most stim tolerant people.

Energy – The initial morning dose always provided me with the most energy (like it should) within 15 minutes of taking it. A little jittery, but the energy was still fairly clean in my opinion. I could also see where Purus Labs was going with the time release addition; after the initial energy surge, about 2-3 hours later I would get another energy surge which was great and I wish more supplement companies would adopt this aspect when creating their fat burners.

Thermo – Be warned that this product will make you sweat hard! Granted I work in a bank so I'm in a shirt and tie all day, but I swear I could not stop sweating. I was constantly craving water and occasionally had to step outside to cool down a bit. You can definitely feel the great thermo qualities this product contains.

Mood – I hate my job to say the least, but after taking Fat Smack XR, my mood always seemed to elevate. Of course there were days where my mood was unable to be affected by FSXR because of my professional situation, but most of the time, especially during the weekends, I always seemed to be in a great mood.

Fat Loss: The most important factor that y'all have been waiting for. I started my recomp at 182.5 lb's with a 34 inch waist. Please keep in mind that I was not cutting and I was following Petey's recomp diet, but I still managed to drop down to 178.0 (4.5lb loss unintentionally). I leaned out considerably in my chest, back, arms, and midsection...I also have a 32.5 inch waist now which is more then I was expecting.

Sides:
    The only side effect I felt from Fat Smack XR is that sometimes I would feel this peppery burn in my stomach, but this only happened when I didn't take it with a full glass of water (which is what they emphasize on the bottle) I recommend downing these pills with 16-20 oz of water to prevent this.

Value: 9
    You can buy Fat Smack XR for $25-$30 online depending on what retailer you purchase from. This is in the same price range as most fat burners, if not cheaper. There are 90 pills in one bottle which is a 30 day supply if you follow the 3 a day protocol, but if you're sensitive to stims, you could easily make this product last for 45+ days.

Overall: 9
    Purus Labs has done it again by creating an outstanding product. Like I stated before, this is on the same level as the beloved OEP and I will definitely be taking this product again and next time for a full 8 week cycle. I recommend this product to anyone who is looking for a fat burner outside of OEP, but please remember to take these pills with a lot of water! Based on the effectiveness and value, this supplement is hard to pass up on.