6.4

Ranks #127 (better than 5%)
In: Amino Acids > BCAA/EAA

BCAA Blast 250 is a BCAA manufactured by Pure Nutrition USA. BCAA is short for branched chain amino acids. They are the building blocks of protein and can increase protein synthesis, muscle recovery and endurance during workouts and have also been shown to reduce body fat.

Amino Acids > BCAA/EAA

Overall
Overall
0.0

Pros:
 Cons:
    • Made Me Vomit
    • Utterly Disgusting Taste
    • Horrible Side Effects
    • Dyes

(About yourself, 1-3 sentences maximum)
    Name is Kaka. I workout regularly 3-4 times a week. I stand at 6'1 and about 180 pounds and i am trying to bulk without gaining fat. I have tried many different supplements and i think i can give you my opinion about them. I was looking for a BCAA product to add this on my preworkout and i tried this. I didn't bought this instead i got it free because i bought many products from one retail seller.

It's a pretty simple profile. Good choise for adding this on your preworkout. Each 6.5 grams scoop contains 4 grams of BCAA on a 2:1:1 ratio to help you with energy, endurance, recovery and 1 gram L-Glutamine for your immune system and intestinal health.

This is where it gets really ugly, other ingredients are Citric Acid, Maltodextrin, Natural & Artificial Flavors, Malic Acid, Sucralose, Silica, Acesulfame Potassium, FD&C Red #40, FD&C Blue #1. Ridiculous amounts of Dyes for a simple product like this, with some serious side effects more details on Effectiveness sector.

One would expect with all those dyes at least they could make a drinkable flavor. I don't really care a lot about flavor pre workout if the product is effective but the taste is really horrible. I had the Raspberry taste, which is literally the WORST flavor i have tried on my entire life not just on supplements. I can't even describe how utterly disgusting is the flavor. It's like full of chemicals and toxical raspberries. I believe this would be an effective chemical weapon against any enemy. Aftertaste haunted me for about 2 hours. I hated every single slip of drinking this, i even had to close my nose to drink this. Supposing 10 is the perfect taste, this flavor gets -8/10.

Mixability is really bad also, i shook this for about 2 minutes and i would see many clumps and some grittiness on my shaker.
    Dosing was one scoop before my workout.

All these dyes i have mentioned on ingredient sector will mess you up...After 10 seconds of drinking this, i had a strong feeling that i would throw up and i did that almost instantly (i couldn't control it at all). I didn't even manage to go to the bathroom so i vomited on the floor on my room (fortunately alone). You must be really irresponsible company to cause these side effects to your clients. I mean at least they could try this product before they give this to the public. It's really dangerous considering the fact that i have pretty resilient stomach because i am used to eat a lot of crap and i don't even remember the last time i vomited, maybe before 10-12 years. This gets 0/10 because it only caused harm and it simply can't be used on your workouts.

BCAA Blast costs 19 dollars on Bodybuilding.com for 38 Servings. If you want something bad for your health and to throw up it's cheap.

Conclusion

I am warning you, seriously stay away from this product. Vile Taste and Horrible Side Effects. I wouldn't give this even to a Tasmanian Devil (maybe to some really bad people hehehe) and i won't try this again even if they paid me to do so. Buy something else, they are many BCAA products out there. I don't think that there is something worse than this.

• davidian
      TROOPer Level: 25
      April 19, 2017

How many servings of this did you try?

• kaka
      TROOPer Level: 5
      April 19, 2017 - Last Edited: 2017-04-19 18:36:47

Tried only one and then stopped due to side effects

• sergiosays
      TROOPer Level: 45
      April 19, 2017 - Last Edited: 2017-04-19 21:58:56

kaka..it's unfortunate you had such adverse effects taking this product. and I'm sure anyone can agree if a product forced you to vomit, it shouldn't be taken.
      However, because this is anecdotal experience one cannot say for certain that this product will cause ill 100% of the time. I don't believe the 0.0 rating is justified here.
      There is clearly a lot of dyes in this product, but it does contain an adequate 2:1:1 ratio..so its not worthless.
      The value of a product is usually dictated by its effectiveness and affordability/accessibility. Obviously it wouldnt yield a high score because it proved to be ineffective for you, but $19 for close to 40 servings isnt completely worthless and is actually a decent-good price.
      I understand this product was disgusting for you and even harmful for you, but I feel like your disdain is clouding the fairness in evaluating other aspects of this product. Maybe you can reconsider some of your ratings.
      Best,
      Sergio

• Cray
      TROOPer Level: 64
      April 19, 2017

Yeah I'd agree with Sergio. One serving is not review-worthy. This profile isn't terrible. The cost isn't terrible. There's not enough here to warrant such a weak rating.

• ODAAT365
      TROOPer Level: 50
      April 20, 2017

Man I get that you had a bad experience with this products. We've all been there but this review sound "rant-y" and not objective at all. Only trying a product one time is not a fair shake. To be fair all those "filler" ingredients are in most supplements to some degree. I doubt there is one single ingredient in there you haven't used in other supplements. Perhaps this company used more than others, but its extremely unlikely you would have that bad of a reaction from the dyes this company uses and not have a problem with any other products. It's all the same stuff. For instance your review on Green Magnitude has similar dyes and ingredients. So while I'm not saying it's not the product (it could be something else in that products maybe even something not on the label) it just doesn't seem realistic that all of a sudden the dyes made you barf. I get why you don't want to try it again but maybe you gotta let this one go as far as reviewing it then.