Power+ Reviews

By: PurAthlete

Overall
Overall
Thanks to PurAthlete for sending it out!
  September 1, 2016

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Fatigue Reduction
  • Pairs Well With Other Supplements
  • Tastes Good
  • Increases Strength
  • Keeps Size
    Big shout out to PurAthlete for putting together a quality creatine product that actually delivered surprisingly beyond my own expectations. Creatine products are usually very hard to judge because it takes months upon months to see much difference, however, this product helped me in certain ways when I was in ketosis and consuming less calories but was trying not to lose much strength. Again, other factors have contributed to that success, however, this product did add some very nice positives to my overall sports gym performance.

-----------------------------------------------
    Ingredients: 9/10 - Very Solid profile. 270mg of Magnesium Creatine Chelate. Magnesium creatine chelate can lead to greater absorption of creatine into muscle cells with less bloating and side effects associated with creatine monohydrate.

Then theres 3000mg of Creatine MagnaPower. There is no prop blend. All the ingredients are straight forward and dosed fairly well. Now I am not a big fan of Monohydrate because I get puffyness and bloat from it, so I prefer any other types of creatine instead of mono.

-----------------------------------------------
    Dosing: 10/10 - The dosing has drink one serving before a workout. I would drink half of it about 20 minutes before an intense workout, and then sip on the other half mixed with my aminos throughout the workout. On non workout days I would take 1 serving on an empty stomach in the morning, for optimal absorption into my muscles.
    -----------------------------------------------
    Taste: 9/10 - It was unflavored and I would throw it either into my pwo or aminos. It mixes well without any residue. No clumping and honestly ive tried it before with just water and it didnt have an odd taste like other unflavored chalky products have.

-----------------------------------------------
    Effectiveness: 8/10 - Now I was using this strictly while I was in deficit calories and I was taking a thermogenic product as well because I wanted to lean out a bit. Now the problem with a deficit of calories it that typically you begin to lose size and strength and although this is fine for some people, I did not want to be in that boat. I wanted to keep my gains either at the same weight or to even dare I say it increase. Creatine is always a great way to make this happen. Biggest problem with most creatine is that it makes you retain more water so you don't see the leaness as much. This was luckily not the case for me.

Strength: 9/10 - Although I was taking in less calories, but increasing my protein intake, while using this product I was able to stay and even progress upwards at times during my big lifts in terms of 5-10lbs. Now this might seem minute, however, for me its huge. Usually when I diet my strength goes out the window and although I lean out, I get weak as sh*t. I did not want this to happen again over and over like a small boat on rough seas. I didnt notice this product intiailly, I began noticing it in weeks end of 2 towards week 4.

Recovery: 7/10 - Creatine helps with ATP which in long run helps with endurance and therefore after recovery. I felt like this contributed a bit to my recovery being a bit better than normal. Again at calorie deficit I was not recovering as fast as I am on a surplus, but I feel this helped in terms of not being too sore.

Endurance/Energy: 8/10 - So one of the biggest things I noticed on this besides strength was that I was able to continue my workouts longer without getting fatigued too quickly. I usually get winded and breathless 20 minutes into an intense non stop workout, but while taking this, I was able to push longer and continue to do more circuits without actually getting too winded. This was big for me.

-----------------------------------------------
    Value: 9/10 - Its cheap. $20 but 30 servings. Now compare to mono this is not cheap. You can probably get 120 servings + of mono for the same price. However, I already said my thoughts about the mono.

-----------------------------------------------

Overall: 8.8/10 - Solid solid Creatine. Def give this one a try, you won't be disappointed.