Power+ Reviews

By: PurAthlete

FORUM TOPICS
Power+ is an Other Creatine Product manufactured by PurAthlete. It can be in the form of creatine chelate, Ethyl Ester or Nitrate. These are different forms of creatine that may or may not be more effective than monohydrate.

September 1, 2016

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Fatigue Reduction
  • Pairs Well With Other Supplements
  • Tastes Good
  • Increases Strength
  • Keeps Size
    Big shout out to PurAthlete for putting together a quality creatine product that actually delivered surprisingly beyond my own expectations. Creatine products are usually very hard to judge because it takes months upon months to see much difference, however, this product helped me in certain ways when I was in ketosis and consuming less calories but was trying not to lose much strength. Again, other factors have contributed to that success, however, this product did add some very nice positives to my overall sports gym performance.

-----------------------------------------------
    Ingredients: 9/10 - Very Solid profile. 270mg of Magnesium Creatine Chelate. Magnesium creatine chelate can lead to greater absorption of creatine into muscle cells with less bloating and side effects associated with creatine monohydrate.

Then theres 3000mg of Creatine MagnaPower. There is no prop blend. All the ingredients are straight forward and dosed fairly well. Now I am not a big fan of Monohydrate because I get puffyness and bloat from it, so I prefer any other types of creatine instead of mono.

-----------------------------------------------
    Dosing: 10/10 - The dosing has drink one serving before a workout. I would drink half of it about 20 minutes before an intense workout, and then sip on the other half mixed with my aminos throughout the workout. On non workout days I would take 1 serving on an empty stomach in the morning, for optimal absorption into my muscles.
    -----------------------------------------------
    Taste: 9/10 - It was unflavored and I would throw it either into my pwo or aminos. It mixes well without any residue. No clumping and honestly ive tried it before with just water and it didnt have an odd taste like other unflavored chalky products have.

-----------------------------------------------
    Effectiveness: 8/10 - Now I was using this strictly while I was in deficit calories and I was taking a thermogenic product as well because I wanted to lean out a bit. Now the problem with a deficit of calories it that typically you begin to lose size and strength and although this is fine for some people, I did not want to be in that boat. I wanted to keep my gains either at the same weight or to even dare I say it increase. Creatine is always a great way to make this happen. Biggest problem with most creatine is that it makes you retain more water so you don't see the leaness as much. This was luckily not the case for me.

Strength: 9/10 - Although I was taking in less calories, but increasing my protein intake, while using this product I was able to stay and even progress upwards at times during my big lifts in terms of 5-10lbs. Now this might seem minute, however, for me its huge. Usually when I diet my strength goes out the window and although I lean out, I get weak as sh*t. I did not want this to happen again over and over like a small boat on rough seas. I didnt notice this product intiailly, I began noticing it in weeks end of 2 towards week 4.

Recovery: 7/10 - Creatine helps with ATP which in long run helps with endurance and therefore after recovery. I felt like this contributed a bit to my recovery being a bit better than normal. Again at calorie deficit I was not recovering as fast as I am on a surplus, but I feel this helped in terms of not being too sore.

Endurance/Energy: 8/10 - So one of the biggest things I noticed on this besides strength was that I was able to continue my workouts longer without getting fatigued too quickly. I usually get winded and breathless 20 minutes into an intense non stop workout, but while taking this, I was able to push longer and continue to do more circuits without actually getting too winded. This was big for me.

-----------------------------------------------
    Value: 9/10 - Its cheap. $20 but 30 servings. Now compare to mono this is not cheap. You can probably get 120 servings + of mono for the same price. However, I already said my thoughts about the mono.

-----------------------------------------------

Overall: 8.8/10 - Solid solid Creatine. Def give this one a try, you won't be disappointed.

August 30, 2016

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Fatigue Reduction
    • Pairs Well With Other Supplements
    • Tastes Good

First I would like to thank Pur Athlete for allowing me to review their supplement, and the SR TROOPs program for making the connection possible. Power is a supplement that contains limited ingredients, which I don't mind seeing with certain supplements. This product is actually in the creatine category, but is not the creatine monohydrate or HCL that we all usually see.

Honestly, WarMachine's ingredient profile in his review is freaking spot on. I really couldn't say it any better. So if you want to know exactly what's going on I'd suggest popping over to his review. Now the ingredient profile summed up is two ingredients: magnesium and creatine. Sounds simple but they are in different forms than we usually get in our supps.

Mixture of Magnesium Creatine Chelate and magnesium Bisglycinate Chelate 270mg

Creatine MagnaPower 3g's

Basically these two ingredients should work better than regular creatine and magnesium, but I'm not too sure the higher grades really did that much more than their predecessors. This is coming from actual use opposed to what a study or two will tell you. I'd venture to guess that you'd experience even better results if you were deficient in magnesium, but for me this was not the case. I'll cover that more in the effectiveness section.

Taste is actually pretty good opposed to their Endurance product. Not sure what the flavor is supposed to be, but Power+ has a berry taste to it that's sweet and tart. Mixing was pretty nice as well with water. Not grainy and left no clumps or residue. Dosing was one scoop in my beverage while I started working out with my BCAAs.

I actually did notice the difference of using this product with and without my pre workout supplement. Without my pwo I could workout pretty well without fatigue until I consumed their Endurance supplement have way into the training process. But not notice in strength or power as stated on the label. However, when combined with my pwo that contains stims, the strength and power was greater than just the pre workout supplement on its own. Obviously their is a synergestic effect taking place, so I'd recommend getting this product to enhance your pwo supplement.

Price to use this supplement in whatever manner you wish is actually pretty decent. The product contains 30 servings and is $20.69, making it around $0.69 per serving. That is really cheap and makes it worth purchasing just to see how well it works with your pre workout if anything. Overall great price for Power+.

Side Effects

Conclusion

Overall this is a decent supplement to use. Maybe if you're not used to stims it will work well for you, but for me the strength and power just wasn't there on its own. Basically it depends on what the users body is accustomed too. For the price I'd definitely say it's worth doing a run. Thanks for allowing me to review your supplement Pur Athlete.

August 22, 2016

Pros:
       Cons:
      • Fatigue Reduction
      • Not Necessarily Better Than Cheaper Monohydrate

A special thanks to PurAthlete for their support for the ER/TROOPS. Today, I discuss their creatine magnesium chelate supplement Power+. Creatine is one of the most widely studies sports supplement compounds in today's performance research. For good reason though, creatine has been found effective in achieving fitness goals via several mechanisms including ATP production in muscle tissue, faster recovery, myostatin inhibition, and potentially raising levels of the anabolic androgen DHT. Although for some, the DHT rise may have side effects. In any case, since its pioneering in its monohydrate form, several companies have tinkered with its form in order to potentially improve its bioavailability. To this day, few of those manipulated forms have proven successful in proving to be any additional benefit over pure monohydrate.

So, lets see how this form stands up....

The profile contains two prime ingredients:

Magnesium in the form of something called magnesium Bisglycinate Chelate at 270mg. Second, is 3,000mg of creatine magnesium chelate, which is referred to as Magnapower.

Magnesium, as we know, is an essential mineral that plays many cellular metabolic electrolyte roles in our body. In the case of this product, the Bisglycinate chelate form is supposedly a more bioavailable and easily absorbed form of the mineral, allowing for an enhanced benefit of magnesium's role in muscle tissue. One of those roles being protein synthesis.

Creatine magnesium chelate (magnapower) is a form of creatine that is believed to be more bioavailable, while being attached to a magnesium ion for further magnesium supplementation. By being more bioavailable, it is more readily absorbed and supposedly quicker to take action in the muscle tissue. However, I haven't seen significant studies proving this to be the case, though I've used products in the past containing this ingredient and have had good success. So, I am aware that it does in fact have the potential to work.

The powder is flavorless and mixes well with proper dissolution in whatever you mix it in.

I tried the product at one scoop alone for the first day to ensure I wouldn't have any problems GI wise since I've seen this be a potential side effect with this particular type of creatine. Once I confirmed no adverse effects I found the most effective way for me to use this product was to combine a scoop with Giant pump and take that sometime before my pre workout and than additional scoop with a sports drink and use it intra workout. In summary, one scoop prior to my pre workout supplement and one scoop intra workout with another beverage, totaling two scoops daily.

In the past when I've used creatine magnesium chelate with products like Controlled Labs green mag, the most prominent benefits I notice are increased energy and fatigue reduction. I also do experience a slight enhancement in post workout recovery. Therefore, these are the areas I focus my efficacy rating on.

Energy wise, I did experience a noticeable increase in energy that complimented any pre workout supplementation I had. The intra supplementation also helped keep the energy consistent and sustained. The one thing though I will note, the energy benefit was not significantly better or faster than what I would normally get from regular creapure.

In the area of fatigue reduction, or endurance, I did see some moderate reduction usually with my high volume isolation movements. I was banging out more reps at times and I was able to reduce my rest periods briefly. My endurance seemed unaffected by the creatine itself for the most part and it seemed like I would only notice a slight increase if any during HIIT cardio sessions. This is actually a bit disappointing because I often do see a better endurance enhancement from monohydrate.

My recovery was didn't seem to be really influenced. I didn't see a noticeable change in my recovery time and any DOMS reduction I did receive I would contribute more so to general protein supplementation and rest.

To summarize, Power+ gave some good energy and helped somewhat with reducing of my intra workout fatigue. It missed the mark with better recovery. Comparing to cheaper and more researched creapure, it does not hold a significant advantage.

----Value---

The cheapest I've seen Power+ is 20.69 on PurAthlete's own website. You receive thirty servings per tub. For the results and frequency I had to dose this product, I'd can say it's is definitely not the worst value, but not something I would invest in over a bulk creapure product considering you can purchase servings in the 100s quantity with that same price.

Side Effects

Conclusion

Power+ has potential, but I would not be one to recommend it over the much more well researched and bulk supplied creatine monohydrate. The product does help in various areas, but not to the level I'd hoped for. Many users have reacted better to this form of creatine in the past, so it is likely that they'd have better experiences than me. Regardless, I'm sticking to creapure.

WARMACHINE OUT!!!