Endurance Reviews

By: PurAthlete

You are viewing a single review (#1 of 3)
Click here to show all Endurance reviews.

Overall
Overall
Thanks to PurAthlete for sending it out!
  August 27, 2016

Pros:
 Cons:
Shout out and thanks to the Pur Athlete reps.

INGREDIENT PROFILE: A
Overall a simple profile.
It's about what I expect from a product that touts itself as an "endurance" supplement, while still presenting itself more as a shake than anything. The calories are light (enough), and the proteins and carbohydrates are agreeable (18g and 20g respectively). Everything else falls in line pretty much, and there's nothing that jumps out at you.
The ingredient breakdown is simple, and you find quickly that it is more a whey protein and maltodextrin supplement than anything.

MIXING: B
It took a minute to get Endurance to mix completely. On the first try you'll get some small clumps that float to the top, but if you shake it again they go away.

TASTE: C
I received the "citrus splash" flavor, which is citrus-y. The consistency messes with the flavor, and on its own is tolerable. However, when used as part of a bigger shake (think pre-workout) the taste fades easily and becomes unnoticeable.

EFFECTIVENESS: A
Label claims are as follows:
Continuous recovery
Optimized Hydration
Then you got the name of the product, "Endurance".
Overall I will say it worked as advertised. I typically used one or two scoops pre-workout, and during the hottest days of summer it kept me on pace in my workouts. When the gym is at its hottest, hydration becomes a priority more than anything else. You'll easily go through two shirts within a given workout, and if you're not on top of your hydration you'll get drained quickly. I still sweated a ton, still whipped through clothes like a runway model, but I never felt drained. I liked that.
In addition, the one obstacle I've ran into since I made the jump to geared powerlifting is all the energy spent putting gear on and taking it off. I'm not squeezing into squat suits three sizes too small, but it still thick canvas. When I was using Endurance, I can take my gear off than still have the energy (and want-to) to finish the workout.
At the end of it all this may all be attributed to simply ingesting more calories pre-workout, but I still believe it was a little more than that. Endurance isn't a miracle worker, but it'll work.

VALUE: F
$80 for 26 servings. Ouch.
I kind of got the feeling that all that goodness wouldn't last, and it didn't. I can buy quality bulk powders of whey protein hydrolysate and maltodextrin for a fraction of the price (less than half, in fact). That's a deal breaker, end of story.

OVERALL: C
Endurance has a simple profile, it works, but is way overpriced. Despite the good, I can't recommend this product in good conscious. It is just flat-out too expensive.
  • Citrus splash: 7/10