Loaded Reviews

By: Pumped Sports

You are viewing a single review (#1 of 11)
Click here to show all Loaded reviews.

Overall
Overall
Thanks to Pumped Sports for sending it out!

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Focus
  • Mood Elevation
  • Clean Profile
  • No Dyes
  • Well-Rounded
  • No Pump For Me

Thanks to Pumped Sports for giving me an opportunity to try their preworkout Loaded! After seeing a TON of positive reviews on here I was excited to get my hands on it. In some respects it delivered and did so in ways I hadn't encountered before with other PWO products. But in others it came up a bit short. I'll comb through the good and the bad, but overall, I think this is a product anyone should try.

Usually I'll run through each ingredient in this section. For this, I'm going to avoid that. There are a lot of things in here that we all know and love, but the lesser known ingredients I'll add a little more detail for.

For kicks, you've got 200mg of caffeine per serving. There's another 75mg of Infinergy (Di-Caffeine Malate), which is a patented ingredient by a supplier called Creative Compounds. It's 75% caffeine, 25% malic acid. The idea/the result is to buffer the caffeine, make it more easily digested, minimize crashing, and make it longer lasting.

2.5g Carnosyn Beta Alanine (brand name). I have a love/hate relationship with Carnosyn. I'm really not a big fan of the tingles, but beta alanine will add a couple reps to your lift. I could feel the tingles kicking in within 10 minutes of taking this, every time.

1g Agmapure Agmatine Sulfate (brand name). Agmatine can inhibit your body's ability to regulate nitric oxide levels, theoretically leading to huge pumps. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to work as well for me as it does for other people.

Nitrosigine Arginine Silicate (brand name). Tried and true Arginine bonded with silicate and clinically shown to raise levels of arginine and silicon in the blood, thus boosting NO levels significantly. (pumps)

Also found are strong doses of Betaine Anhydrous, Taurine, Acetyl-Tyrosine, Choline Bitrate, Theobromine, and Bioperine (absorption enhancer).

4 more ingredients were newer to me:

Hordenine HCl - effective for burning fat, and a noradrenaline reuptake inhibitor
N-methyltyramine - Take away 1 methyl atom from the Hordenine and this is what you get. Demonstrated to be effective in the increased production of norepinephrine
Higenamine HCl - This shares similar mechanisms as ephedrine and is supposedly an effective fat burner/anti-asthmatic
Huperzia Serrata Extract (Huperzine A 1%) - Cognitive enhancer to increase focus

Sweetened with sucralose - no color additives

I received raspberry lemonade flavor and it wasn't bad, but not really lemonade flavored-more just sweet. I started adding Citrulline to it (which I'll explain next), and that actually boosted the lemonade taste quite a bit due to its natural lemon-y flavor. I think it tasted much better with that added in.

1 scoop 15-20 minutes before working out and you'll have the tingles starting in 10.

Mixing was smooth, very little left suspended, but definitely best to stir hard and drink fast to avoid anything settling on the bottom. I never tried shaking it, always stirred.

I'm going to break this down in three categories where I noticed this working or expected it to: focus, energy/endurance, and pumps

Focus: 8/10 (very good) - I noticed focus starting to set in within 15 minutes of taking this every time, and it was very pronounced. I got such tunnel vision, I had to make sure I took it and immediately left the house, or else I felt like I shouldn't be driving! It was almost like I was looking past everything and while I didn't drive badly, I just noticed it became harder to share my focus with other cars outside of my immediate lane. Unfortunately, I did lose the tunnel vision effect a bit once I began to actually hit the weights. There's also a lot to look at in my gym (so to speak), and unfortunately it didn't help pull my attention from that either. Regardless, tunnel vision or not, I still had laser like focus on completing one workout and getting on to the next.

Energy/Endurance: 7/10 (good) - The energy I got from pumped was really nice and smooth. I definitely felt the sustained effects of the caffeine malate, and never crashed when coming down. However, there was never a crazy rush of energy either. I lift at the end of the day usually, and I did have a few days where I felt the day wearing on me despite taking this.

Post-lift cardio did become a little easier to get to as well. I found myself debating the extra time on the treadmill at the end of the weights, but this seemed to give me the little boost of motivation to get on there and run for 15-20 minutes to close things out.

Pumps: 4/10 (bad) - PS, I think this one's on me-not you. Agmatine just doesn't seem to work for me without pairing it with Citrulline. The first few times I took this I had, like, negative pumps. Usually I'm very vascular and at one point I remember looking down at my arms and thinking wtf is this?? All my veins were very narrow-more constricted than they normally are throughout the day. I had some citrulline at the house and decided to try adding that to the powder. THAT WORKED GREAT. I added about 4g and not only did that take my veins from limp noodles to fire hoses again, but it made the drink taste better too by making the lemonade flavor more pronounced. If anyone else struggles with agmatine like I do, I would try doing something similar.

As far as I know, this is only available from Pumped Sports' own site for $34.99. In my opinion, this is a fair price when you consider the premium they must need to pay for as many brand name ingredients as they have. It's on the higher end, but justified by the quality. $1.16/serving.

Side Effects

Conclusion

If you're an agmatine believer, you'll love this product. If you're like me and agmatine doesn't seem to do it for you, you might find this isn't quite as loaded as the label says. However, the focus is undeniable and the energy is very nice and smooth. It's worth a try for sure but if you're struggling to get good pumps, try adding some citrulline to the mix.
  • Raspberry Lemonade: 6/10

• trey-carmine
    March 24, 2017

Agmatine and Citrulline with Glycerol is pump city!

March 24, 2017

Haven't tried adding glycerol- will try it out tho!

• Wis3guy
    March 24, 2017

Interesting on the tunnel vision, I don't know if that level is good or bad. Good breakdown on the effects.

March 24, 2017

Wis3guy- Understandable. The first time taking it was a surprise and I've never experienced that kind of effect, but overall I think it was a positive one. Just something to keep in mind as far as timing goes.

• Rep for this Brand
    March 24, 2017

Hey bctuthill, man we are gutted you didn't respond to the Agmatine. Thanks for the review tho, we will take all feedback on board and we understand not everyone reacts to ingredients the same.

We will say this tho, we have been working on a stimulant free, pump pre workout for the past few months which does contain l-citrulline and glycerol that when stacked with LOADED is insane for pumps!

Again, sorry to hear you didn't enjoy LOADED as much as the others and thanks for the review, we appreciate it!

March 24, 2017

Pumped Sports- I hope I conveyed that I think I'm the outlier thoroughly enough. I think the majority of folks seem to respond well to Agmatine, but apparently I'm not one of them. That non-stim pump booster sounds like it would be a GREAT addition to this though. I love the idea and would love to give you guys another shot because you clearly went to great lengths to produce a high quality product.

• sergiosays
    March 24, 2017

solid review my friend and that's great you recognize your own bias in knowing how your body does/doesn't respond to certain ingredients..I feel like you detailed the effectiveness in a positive light and besides the pump, everything was pleasant for you. I feel like the 6.5 rating is a little low and does not reflect how highly you spoke of it. something for consideration, nice job !!

• DLP1
    March 25, 2017

Good review. I reviewed Loaded a while back on Troops and liked it a lot. It's now available from Tiger Fitness in the US and I just picked up 3 tubs. It's just as good as I remember it - great focus, clean energy and an uplifting aspect to it. (Sorry this starting to sound like an ad) I add 6g cit mal to everything so can't comment on the pumps without that. Best PWO for pumps I have found is Pulse. I have been trying to figure out what gives me (and my wife) the mild uplifting effect/euphoria in Loaded - maybe it's the huperzine, which I read has ephedra like effects. When You could get ephedrine pills many years ago, they gave a similar, though short lived uplifting effect.

March 25, 2017

Thanks everyone. Sergiosays- I think that's a fair point and you convinced me to adjust the ratings. DLP- think you're right about the Huperzine too.

• Rep for this Brand
    March 25, 2017 - Last Edited: 2017-03-25 17:19:52

Hey guys! Thanks for all the comments, discussion and feedback, its great to see!
    Bctuthill - I hope we didn't come across as being negative. we truly value your feedback and we are glad some aspects of LOADED really delivered for you. The l-citrulline in our up and coming pump pre workout should combine with LOADED to make an awesome stack and we thank you for your feedback on this. We will continue to create high quality, transparent products and we thank you for your review! Also, thanks for the increase in the score, we appreciate that!!
    DLP1- Thanks heaps for your support and purchasing our products, it means a lot! Yes the Huperzine A can have ephedra like effects and when used with a combination of other quality ingredients this feeling can really be heightened. Again, thank you for purchasing our products and we hope to keep you as a customer for many years to come!
    Thanks again for all the feedback guys wether it is positive or negative. We offer our products on here to get feedback from the supplement community and it is great to see such interest and debate on our products! Have a great weekend.
    Pumped Sports