Muscle Shake Reviews

By: Protein Factory

Protein > Beef Protein
Muscle Shake is a Beef Protein Powder manufactured by Protein Factory. It is a common, animal based alternative to traditional dairy based protein and is good for those who cannot tolerate dairy based products. The additional dietary protein can increase lean muscle tissue and increase fat loss.

4.5
Thanks to Protein Factory for sending it out!
  December 21, 2015

Pros:
 Cons:
  • New Zealand Beef Whey

I have looked into Protein Factory a few times but it was always a little too much to just give a shot. So when it came up I grabbed a jug to see how it stacked up to the price tag that was on it. Everybody on this site keeps protein in stock its always a welcomed addition to any stack regardless of goals.

Just one main ingredient here New Zealand Grass Fed Beef Protein. Along with a couple artificial sweeteners. Like Seaver said in his review I do like the fact that they didn't sprinkle in a lot of extras or add in creatine to the label to help push the product.

I''ll break this up into 2 parts

Taste- I received the caramel flavor, and also like Seaver when I smelled the product I was like WOW that smells exactly like those little square caramel candies I used to eat when I was younger. The wow factor was short lived though as I tried this in a couple different ways. With water and with my coffee to add a sweet caramel taste to it.
With Coffee it made the coffee EXTREMELY sweet tasting even at one scoop in a large cup of coffee. Sweet to the point that I only tried this once as I could barely finish drinking the cup.
With water it wasn't exactly horrible but after drinking it left a very weird after taste and kind of residue in my mouth that lasted for quite some time.
I used this in the morning or right before a workout most of the time and never had an issue with mixing. I was able to mix this in my coffee with a spoon and in a shaker cup with water and never had to shake it more than usual.

Protein effectiveness for me is judged by recovery, how my stomach handles it, and body composition changes(doesn't apply here after a single tub). Recovery was on par with most other proteins I have used, not better, not worse I recovered well and felt full after drinking. As far as my digestive issues goes, I have always had issues with my stomach and had to be careful as to what I took in at what times. What I can say for this product is no matter when I had a serving I always felt great. Never had any bloat never had any cramps or protein gas. I felt full after drinking but not to the point of being sick. If this was a tad more palatable then I would have been very impressed.

Here is why I couldn't buy this ever again regardless of how it worked. I know quality anything isn't cheap, but when I take a protein sup I like to get between 20-30 grams of protein a serving. This runs around 60 bucks a tub (30 servings of 10G protein per scoop) so for me to run this like I wanted would cost me upwards of 180 bucks a month. There are a lot of other quality proteins that I could get 3-4 months worth for that price.

Side Effects

None for me

Conclusion

Had a fairly positive run, but the above mentioned issues just make this a product that I couldn't see myself sticking in my stack month after month.
  • Caramel: 5/10

Overall
Thanks to Protein Factory for sending it out!
  December 17, 2015

Pros:
 Cons:
  • New Zealand Beef Whey
Alright another review coming for Protein factory, this time its their Beef protein muscle shake. This was my first beef protein and was excited to give it a go. We all look for the best of the best proteins to put in our body, Beef is known to be one, if not the best and maybe even the most anabolic of all proteins. So how did this fair?

Profile.
High quality beef protein from New Zealand, and that is pretty much it. Muscle Shake is pre digested. Meaning enzymes have been added to it to make it digest super easy, super fast, and super effective, helping you build muscle even more. Now Protein factory hints that other Beef proteins on the market and not up to par, due to spiking , with creatine and other things, and even adding hydrolyzed gelatin to those other brands. PROTEIN FACTORY DOES NOT. I would have liked to seen some sweet potato powder thrown in this to make it a bit better post workout drink.

Well it works, I was recovering well, other than joint issues. I never had stomach issues, if anything I think this may have even helped make digestion more regular , I will leave it at that. I did seem to have a bit more gas on this than normal. Seriously can not say much more about it than this.

Well as you can see fro the label. You get 30 servings from a tub, but that is only 10 grams of protein. Now if a tub runs you 59 bucks from their site, there is NO WAY I am buying that. I do not care if these cows come from mars. Now if you take 2 scoops that is 15 servings at almost 60 bucks.. Seriously? Nope not for me. But I did see they are having a sale and it is sitting at 39 bucks a tub now. But for me I just do not think I will go that route for beef protein, as I just am not sure it really is worth it and I am getting as to why.

Taste. -10
Yes that is a Negative 10. Now I had read that beef whey is pretty nasty, but oh my God. I am seriously not one to even say anything about the way one tastes. But wow. So I got the coffee flavor and well when I opened it , I was like wow this is going to be great. It smelled amazing. I mixed it up. Turned it up and the initial taste was not bad,,, then the after taste kicks in. Have you ever had Mike tyson punch your tongue? Yea. I can not explain what this is like. It is really intense for a bit. I thought maybe it was just the ( new product , I am not used to the taste thing yet ) . Well let me say this seemed to get worse as the tub slowly emptied. I started adding like 2 oz of actually real cold coffee to this in hopes that the after taste would not be that bad... but nope. Nothing will fix this. Let me say that by the end of this I was actually having to stare it down and get pumped up to drink this. Maybe some of the others flavors might not be as bad, but this has possibly scared me for life.

Overall
Protein factory makes some great stuff and I feel they make some great stuff. They use solid ingredient sources and that is what makes a great product.
We could sit and bicker about whether beef whey is better than regular whey all day, but for me regular whey is way more tasty, but not as tasty as a grilled sirloin or ribeye.
  • Coffee: 1/10