CFM Whey Isolate Reviews

By: Protein Factory

Protein > Whey Protein
CFM Whey Isolate is a Whey Protein Powder manufactured by Protein Factory. It is a dairy based protein that supports lean muscle gain by suppling additional protein to recovering muscles, which can also improve fat loss.

Overall
Overall
  November 15, 2011

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Customer Service Was Helpful In Return & Reimbursment Process.
  • Contaminants Due To Poor Quality Control.
Will not buy again!

I got Vanilla CFM + Stevia (no other additions or supplements)
Taste: 7/10
There seems to be an after taste. I prefer the taste of BioX Natural or XPN Isolates (which are also sweetend with Stevia)
Mixability: 6/10
I use Blender Bottle for my shakes with either water or Almond milk and CFM always clumps, no matter how hard or long I shake it with the spring ball.
Cost: 9/10
For a high quality isolate it's offered at a good price.
Quality: Hmmm... 3/10 ?
I may seem harsh on this point but and I hesitate because eventhough the protein is of high quality I can't say the same for the overall product. Quality control is lacking and that counts for a lot in my book.
I found contaminants in my protein (artificial coloring blobs) that had NO business being mixed in there. It makes me wonder if the after taste comes from that and even what ELSE is in there that I don't know about?
PF had no explanation and didn't seem surprised. I was first told it's normal, "the protein just wasn't mixed well". What??? Dark food colorant crystal clumps have no place there, period. Then I was told it must've been the Stevia. Again, makes no sense at all. Stevia is WHITE not bright red. And finally, I was told that the machines must've had some leftover "stuff" from another product which got mixed in with my protein. Well there you go! Poor quality control.
For that reason, I cannot recommend this product.

The good news is that PF offered to have the product shipped back to them and reimburse the cost of the protein. My hope is that they evaluate their QC processes and find a way to ensure better product purity in the future. Will they follow-up on this complaint to let me know what happened or what steps they're taking to improve their product? We'll see... If they do it might restore some faith and make me try it again.

For now, I ended up having to go to the store to buy a tub of BioX Natural and I'm sticking to that along with XPN, a Canadian brand that offers a very high quality natural protein with stevia.