Bio-Serum Reviews

By: Protein Factory

Protein > Beef Protein
Bio-Serum is a Beef Protein Powder manufactured by Protein Factory. It is a common, animal based alternative to traditional dairy based protein and is good for those who cannot tolerate dairy based products. The additional dietary protein can increase lean muscle tissue and increase fat loss.

Overall
Thanks to Protein Factory for sending it out!
  January 4, 2016

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Great Recovery
  • DOMs Almost Completely Gone
  • Needs More Servings

I have heard of Protein Factory as it used to pop up in my advertisements on facebook quite often, but I have never really looked into them or gave them a try. They were very generous here, and put up several products up for our review. I wanted to get something to add some protein into my diet and help with some DOMs I had been getting mainly in my triceps and quads lately.

You have 20g of Bovine Serum Album. in this for 16g of protein content. WarMachine did a great job outlining exactly what the functioning and purpose of this product does, but as for my understanding this is a much more bio available form of protein that is much easier on the digestive tract for people that have trouble with protein from dairy sources.

I received the unflavored version of this, and it was pretty plain. I would add this to my other protein shakes, pudding, yogurt, and a few other things and other than thickening them up a bit I could barely tell it was there. Mixing was always nice and very rarely had any kind of issues. As for dosing there is a recommended dosing of 1 scoop Post for a week then going up from there. I chose to stick with 1 scoop for the tub.

I didn't know what to expect with this product, but I was pleasantly surprised with the way it performed. I would take this post workout along with my usual protein shake. Within the 1st week I noticed a really big decrease in DOMs after leg day especially. Also I had been experiencing some weird DOMs in my triceps following chest and tri day, less of a sore feeling and more of a dull pain in the lower section of the tricep. About at the halfway point this started to get better. Now did I just work it out and it get better on its on or did this product help to repair muscles faster i'm not sure, but it had been bothering me for awhile and then it got better while on this. Adding in extra protein helped me put on some lean weight as well as some strength gains, but I would expect that with any kind of decent protein supplement.

23 servings for $50 is just not doable for most people. I know it isn't for me and if you following the dosing recommendation a months worth of this will leave you around $150 poorer. The product did help me and I did enjoy it but I just couldn't do it normally.

Side Effects

None, no stomach issues or anything.

Conclusion

Protein Factory seems to put out some quality products, now if they could just find a way to bring their prices down a little to a range where normal poor gym goers could afford I think they would become a very popular brand.

Overall
Overall
7.1
Thanks to Protein Factory for sending it out!
  December 4, 2015

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Great Recovery
  • Increased Endurane
  • Better Sleep
  • Needs More Servings

As usual, I'd like to begin by extending a special thanks to Protein Factory for the opportunity to try and review Bio Serum 1 (BS1) as provided to the SR TROOPS program. BS1 is a specially formulated plasma blood protein designed to aid in muscle anabolism with the help of the feature ingredient bovine serum albumin. Bovine serum albumin has some unique benefits as both an ergogenic enhancer and overall well-being support, which I will discuss in greater detail in the ingredient section.

Aside of some sodium and calcium, BS1 contains 16g of protein. However, as I stated in the intro the main ingredient of discussion in BS1 is 20g of Bovine Serum Albumin (BSA).

BSA is a protein fraction found in whey protein, but is most concentrated in quantity in cow's milk. One of the main ideas of BSA supplementation is that this protein fraction contains more bio-active peptides and overall protein quantity than general whey protein. This increased bio-activity can potentially translate into greater anabolic influential effects through increased protein synthesis.

The main action behind BSA's anabolic benefits is its ability to increase the production of Glutathione. Glutathione is a critical antioxidant found in virtually all living cells of organisms. Plants, animals, fungi, and some species of bacteria all generate glutathione as an essential component to substantial health. As an ergogenic aid, glutathione is critical for the protection against reactive oxygen species damage that can be induced though strenuous exercise. It also promotes the proliferation of new RNA and DNA and detoxifies the body of foreign damaging agents such as pollutant toxins and heavy metals. Combined, all these benefits can directly create a more favorable environment for muscular hypertrophic response and overall improved well being and health.

I received the plain flavor and it tasted just like that...plain with really no added flavor. I will add though, it added a little strength to my protein shakes in terms of a slight bitterness that I occasionally could notice. Other than that, not much to say on taste.

Mixability was alright, but there were times when I would prepare it with my protein shakes that I would get a few small undissolved clumps. Although, this was easily solved simply by using a little more liquid and a blender if I could.

For dosing, Protein Factory recommends using one scoop post workout for the first week and then two scoops in the following weeks, preferably post workout and sometime during the night. For me, considering that there are only 23 servings in the tub I stuck to using only one scoop post workout mixed with a protein shake. Surprisingly, provided I met the rest of my dietary requirements throughout the day, one scoop was actually sufficient enough to see benefits. I never saw the need to use more than one scoop at anytime.

As I explained in the ingredient profile section, the ingredients in Bio Serum 1 are intended mostly to help catalyze hypertrophic anabolism response through recovery mechanisms. Therefore, I gauged the efficacy solely on how the product aided my recovery. I found that as long as I met my prime macro and micro requirements and got adequate sleep, Bio Serum 1 did a superb job in helping to boost my post workout recovery. I felt a great reduction in DOMS and my body felt more energized and pumped the following days. During non-training days when I would take the serving sometime before bed about an hour after my last meal, I noticed my sleep was actually better. This was an unexpected, yet welcome benefit of Bio Serum. I was constantly ready to hit the gym hard day after day without feeling any critical "bogged down" feeling associated with DOMS from previous workouts. Strength, stamina, and mass were slightly improved but I feel this was more of a compliment factor from C4 mass. Still, the reduced soreness definitely helped me to push harder in the gym.

Value in this case is a but tough to determine because ultimately like most supplements, it depends on how many servings you use. Bio Serum 1 from what I've seen goes for 50 dollars on Protein Factory's website. For only 23 servings, that can seem like quite a hefty price tag. This cost only becomes more damaging if you're a multi servings user. Thankfully, I only needed one scoop so in my perspective, I could say that perhaps if Protein Factory included at least a more sufficient 30 servings, the value would be improved. Otherwise, I'd say, if you want to try it, try to catch it on sale. As the score indicates, "I would only buy this again if I had the extra money to burn".

Side Effects

Conclusion

Overall, Bio Serum 1 is an excellent product that will help give you the extra recovery boost you need to consistently bust you hump at the gym day by day to potentially lead to increased strength and mass. Be sure though, you've got your diet and training in check because this stuff is best intended to be a complimenting factor to your regimen and not a substitute for any necessities. Also, due to the heavy price tag, try to stretch the product out as much as possible. One scoop may in fact do the trick so don't become overly obsessed with the idea that more quantity will equate increased benefit.

WARMACHINE OUT!!!