HydroBCAA Reviews

By: ProSupps

Amino Acids > BCAA/EAA
HydroBCAA is a BCAA/Intra-Workout manufactured by ProSupps. BCAA is short for branched chain amino acids. They are the building blocks of protein and can increase protein synthesis, muscle recovery and endurance during workouts and have also been shown to reduce body fat.

May 10, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Natural Color And Flavor
  • Ace-K And Sucralose

A good dose of electrolytes, BCAA's and EAA's in a great tasting powder. My goals while using this product were to cut fat while sparing muscle.

A great product that I really enjoy, I am already on my 4th tub.

Hydration Matrix: Calcium (as calcium citrate) 50mg, Magnesium (as magnesium citrate) 50mg, Sodium (as sodium citrate) 50mg, Potassium (as potassium chloride) 100mg. A little underdosed when compared to other hydration blends in amino supplements.
BCAA's: 2:1:1 at 7g per serving, a regular dose for this category.
EAA's: 3g blend of L-Threonine, L-Phenylalanine, L-Lysine, L-Histidine, L-Methionine, and L-Tryptophan. A well-dosed blend, I was happy to see Tryptophan since many companies are leaving this out of their EAA blends.

Taste & Mixability

I have had the Miami Vice and Texas Tea flavors. Miami Vice was above average but not the best I've ever had, 7/10. Texas Tea was fantastic and I refuse to order another flavor because of how much I like it, tastes exactly like Brisk lemon tea, 10/10.
Mixability is not a problem, I mix with around 14 ounces of water for my personal taste preference but it mixes just as well with 8 ounces.

The BCAA and EAA dosages in this product are very similar to others on the market. I felt a difference in my hydration when compared to not using the product. Amino acid products have helped me with delayed onset muscle soreness and muscle sparing, but this product is not any better at that than other amino acid products.

At $30 per tub on most websites (don't order from the PS website it is always overpriced) HydroBCAA is $1 per serving, which is the average for this type of product. Since this product is better tasting and includes EAA's and electrolytes, I think the value is pretty good.

Side Effects

Conclusion

An effective, great tasting BCAA and EAA supplement with an average price. I will definitely continue to purchase HydroBCAA
  • Texas Tea: 10/10
  • Miami Vice: 7/10

May 3, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Taste Was Good And Bad

A solid amount of BCAA and EAA in a nice powder to mix with water.

Thank you to an SR reviewer that sent me two tubs of HydroBCAA. I was looking to try some other BCAA products and someone said they had this but could not finish, so I offered my services. This is a good product that I really enjoyed.

This is a nice BCAA and EAA water mix. It has no calories, sugar, carbs, dyes or artificial color. It has 7g of 2:1:1 BCAA blend and 3g of EAA blend. Pretty straightforward supplement. I give a high-ranking.

There are many options to choose from for flavor, and I was able to get 2 flavors with one being BlackBerry Lemonade and the other Miami Vice. The taste for the Blackberry Lemonade was good, but the Miami Vice not so much. One thing that I did not like was the aftertaste, which left my mouth feeling gummy (not like real gum chewy). Other than that, no taste issues. Some flavors are just better than others. No issues with mixability. The tube had 30 serving. They recommend 1 scoop with 8-10 oz of cold water before, during or after a workout. The flavor can get pretty strong, so I would mix mine with 16 oz water and would consume during my workout. No real issues with taste, mixability, and dosing, so I give it a good rating.

The BCAA and EEA in this product are very similar to other mixes. I felt it was effective and did what you needed it to do but there is no way to measure the effects. The BCAA (branch chain amino acids) are for protein synthesis and absorbed into the body. EEA (essential amino acid) are good during diet to help the body receive the necessary acids to aid with muscle recovery. This was an effective product, so I give it a nice ranking.

This product was not hard to find at all as it was available on many websites. The prices listed were from $27 to $50, but most listed it at $30. The $30 price point puts it at $1 per serving so a normal price for products like this. I give this a normal rating.

Side Effects

No side effects

Conclusion

This was a good BCAA and EAA mix. The ingredients are where they should be. The taste, mixability, and dosing were on point. It was effective as needed. The cost is very similar to others. I had no side effects. I would definitely put this into my supplement rotation. Good product.
  • BlackBerry Lemonade : 8/10