HYDE Power Potion Reviews

By: ProSupps

Energy Supplements > Drinks
HYDE Power Potion is an Energy Drink manufactured by ProSupps. It is a stimulant based drink designed to give you a boost of energy and increase mental focus.

August 16, 2018

• Some Of The Ingredients Are Dosed Too Low To Be Effective

Energy drinks are the new craze, once only ruled by the handful of energy juggernauts who take up that entire freezer at your local corner store, now being combated by supplement companies looking to get their products in the hand of those who otherwise would never look twice. I became excited at the announcement of ProSupps entering the market with Power Potion, marketing it directly as an energy drink rather than a RTD pre-workout.

I became less excited at the thought of them signing DJ Khaled as an "athlete", but I digress.

Power Potion holds nothing back, packing in 50mg more caffeine than the infamous Bang & a much bigger punch than any energy drink I've ever had before. I'm not exaggerating when I say that this stuff is the energy equivalent of a punch to the face, and surprisingly, with zero crash (for me at least). I can't even begin to think of how many times I've leaned on Power Potion to get me through a double shift at work, or a long day out cutting & taking care of my lawn that nobody even sees, this stuff always delivered an intense amount of clean energy to make sure what got done, got done.

Though more than just caffeine, Power Potion packs a lot into a single can but it's all crammed into an "Other Ingredients" list so let's try our best to break that down.

There's a decent amount of stuff stuffed in a can of Power Potion, the biggest kicker being the 350mg of caffeine. For perspective, a ton of people find Bang Energy to be to strong for them, and ProSupps jammed 50mg more than Bang into the Potion. Though weaker than the Hyde Pre-Workout, a lot of pre-workout companies won't touch more than 300mg of caffeine, let alone push 350mg into an energy drink. Similar to Bang also, we get our three BCAA's thrown into the mix at an undisclosed amount. While it's a nice touch, there's probably the bare minimum in here and at that amount it's almost useless. They could ditch the BCAA's & the product wouldn't change a bit, and that makes me even more curious about the CoQ-10, Taurine, and Citrulline dosages in here considering they're just tossed into this list of "other ingredients" at the bottom of the label. There's a lot to like here, and the fact that it's all undisclosed in a random ingredient profile doesn't really bother me too much. I'm not looking for anything more than an energy kick here and it seems like a lot of this stuff was just tossed in for good measure and just so they can say it's there. The L-Carnitine amount probably isn't enough to have a lasting effect since you're probably not drinking one of these consistently day after day, and the only thing I can see actually working in here is the CDP Choline since there is a noticeable boost in focus after drinking one.

To be real though, what are we looking for when we grab an energy drink off the shelf? Energy and focus, which is delivered just fine even after trying to sort out the messy ingredient profile.

Taste/Dosing

Power Potion is currently available in five flavors: Winter Blast, Island Punch, Cherry Cola, Pineapple Cooler & Purple Mist. The store I bought these at were nice enough to allow me to make a variety pack seeing as I needed to try every flavor I possibly could at my cheapest option. The taste was a bit of a surprise to me, they're not extremely sweet or up front, but instead have a smooth & enjoyable flavor profile. These were super easy to pick up & drink at anytime, and all flavors were as enjoyable as the others. It was a little bit of a challenge to open up the fridge and make a decision day after day but no matter which I grabbed, I enjoyed it fully. Just as a little side note, don't let these get warm. The flavor is great until they sit in the cup holder a little to long and only than does chugging become the only option.

I probably wouldn't recommend someone to drink more than one of these a day, or even consume any other caffeinated products within the same day as a Power Potion. I saved these for off days from the gym, when I was working a 14 hour shift or just an afternoon pick me up on the way to the beach. About 3/4 of my way through the package, I was forced to take 2 weeks off from consuming caffeine, and downing one of these on my first day allowed back on it was a life changing experience, so save these for those active rest days from training!

I typically don't call myself a fan of energy drinks, nor find myself drinking these for much longer in my life, but Power Potion is such a good pick me up I found myself looking forward to grabbing one. The energy hits fast, most of the time I found myself speeding up about halfway through on average, and the biggest hit came about 15 minutes after finishing the can. I'd be practically dragging my feet and maybe it's placebo, but I felt an almost instant turn around in mental focus and physical energy, which really allowed me to finish off manual labor on a real high note. I only live about a half an hour from the nearest beach, and those days in the sun physically kill me, but Power Potion kept me kicking even through happy hour at the beach bar.

The biggest downfall that always comes with these heavy stimulant drinks, is the crash. I was ready to experience the worst crash of my life the first few days I was drinking Power Potion, and it never happened. The energy wore off really smooth and never left me needing a nap or ready for bed before sundown. It also never kept me awake to long, as I'd drink one pretty late in the day and still manage to fall asleep without the jitters at a very reasonable time. Maybe it's my adrenal glands being shot? Who knows, but it was a huge benefit to me.

A pack of 15 cans of Hyde Power Potion will run you anywhere from $30 to $35, breaking that down to an extremely reasonable $2.33 a can. If bought single, the price at my local Vitamin Shoppe is $2.99, and if you love one flavor enough it's a nice bargain to grab the case. For the amount of caffeine you're getting and the effectiveness, $3 isn't bad at all considering it's only about $.30 more than their competitors average price. At both the case and single price, I have zero complaints about cost here.

Side Effects

No Side Effects.

Conclusion

Power Potion was a huge surprise to me, and I'm ecstatic seeing a company like ProSupps making this kind of impact in the energy drink department. With two more flavors announced recently, and an overall positive response from everybody trying them, it seems like Power Potion could be a contender for best new carbonated energy drink here in 2018. With many more companies reaching their hands into the energy drink category, products like Power Potion are going to make it extremely difficult for someone to come in swinging as hard as ProSupps has. You just can't beat the kick this stuff gives you, and the flavor makes these extremely easy to enjoy. If you're a fan of the Hyde Pre-Workout, definitely make it a priority to try Power Potion soon, you won't regret it.
  • Cherry Cola: 9/10
  • Island Punch: 9/10
  • Purple Mist: 9/10
  • Winter Blast : 9/10
  • Pineapple Cooler: 9/10

April 2, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Energy Hits You FAST
  • Way Too Sweet

Whats up SR, I wanted to review the Hyde Power Potion by ProSupps as I have been known to partake in the occasional sugar free energy drink from time to time to help me power through a tough afternoon at work. Shoutout to ProSupps and the Trooper program for sending this out to me, much appreciated.

Alright, so the immediate highlights are that this has 0 calories, 0 carbs, 0 sugars, 0 artificial dyes, all of which are a thumbs up in my books, now to the good stuff:

350mg Caffeine per can - this is notably higher then other energy drinks on the market

Other bits and pieces (most of which are undisclosed dosages): Citrulline, BCAA Blend, TeaCrine at 25mg (works synergistically with caffeine for added and sustained energy), Choline Bitartrate, B Vitamins (to help prevent crash), Niacin, NALT, Taurine

So we can already see in terms of stims this is very much on the higher end of the market, which is perfectly okay with me, I like the inclusion of other stims to work with the caffeine (TeaCrine and Taurine), as well as the B vitamins to help ease the potential of a crash. I'm not so sure the BCAA Blend is really necessary, but it doesn't hurt this product in any way.

I received three flavors to try: Cherry Cola, Island Punch and Purple Mist (but there are other flavors available). While I did honestly enjoy all of the flavors, the common theme was that they were all very very sweet. As someone who has a notorious sweet tooth it was even a bit too much for me, granted with all of those ingredients I don't think this is a very easy product to flavor, but I do wish they had taken the sweetness back a bit to make them a little easier to drink. Mixability is obviously a non factor for a pre made product. Dosing for me was one can in the afternoons while at work as a little pick me up, I also used this as a pick me up for a road trip my girlfriend and I did.

Okay now this stuff works, plain and simple. Within 15 minutes or so of ingestion I felt like I could run through a wall. The energy came on fast and it was like a lightswitch for me. I really noticed this during my road trip, about 3 hours into the drive and getting stuck in traffic I figured it was time to test Power Potion out, unfortunately for my girlfriend that meant me buzzing while sitting in bumper to bumper traffic talking her face off. This was pretty much the case for me at work as well, I work a job that often involves a lot of driving, that in conjunction with my early morning wake ups means I can be known to have a crash towards the end of the day, Power Potion really helped kick me into gear and made the rest of the day much easier and basically eliminated my yawning and lack of energy. I didn't notice a ton of focus increase with this product but to be fair that could be due to the energy increase being so significant that I may not have noticed any of the other effects. One other major plus for me was I didn't have any noticeable crash while taking this. Overall this is miles ahead in terms of strength compared to other energy drinks I have tried in the past.

This can be found as low as $26.99 for 16 cans on campusprotein.com, which breaks down to $1.68 per can, and when compared to the standard sugar free energy drink this is a fantastic price point, and one I have no issue paying. However keep in mind that this isn't something I would recommend taking every single day and it is more of a non essential supplement, but at this price point its hard to argue against giving it a shot.

Side Effects

None, but obviously do not consume around bed time

Conclusion

In conclusion this is by far my favorite energy drink I have tried. Great boost of energy and it really comes on quick, factor in the "better then a gas station" price point and the lack of a crash and you have one hell of a power up in a can. Only knock for me is the flavoring with the flavors all being very sweet, but not enough to make me not want to buy myself a case of this. Well done ProSupps, well done.
  • Cherry Cola: 6/10
  • Island Punch: 6/10
  • Purple Mist: 7/10

March 18, 2018

• No Crash

First off I want to thank ProSupps for letting us troopers have the chance to give this product a try. Lately I have really strayed away from energy drinks and finding them to not do much for me and no real need to drink them. When I heard they were releasing this and it would be real heavy on stims and a bit of a step up to most energy drinks I figured I would give it a try. I will say this is a bit more than the normal energy drinks like monster, rockstar, and redbull. I will say I would much rather have one of these than what you normally sell at gas stations.

The biggest thing about Hyde is you get a heavy amount of caffeine in this at 350mg which is a lot more than what you normally get in a regular energy drink. I do like the much higher amount of caffeine but that can be a good thing or a bag thing depending on when you plan to drink this.

Some of the key things about this I found on their website that I wanted to share and feel are important to know.
    Teacrine for Sustained Energy & Motivation
    High Potency Energy & Performance Matrix
    Zero Sugar, Carbs or Artificial Colors
    Intensely Delicious Flavors

Teacrine, a nootropic component of the Kucha leaf that has demonstrated the ability to boost mood, motivation, energy, and focus. What makes Teacrine especially crucial in Hyde Power Potion is that it has been shown in research that combining Teacrine with caffeine is complementary. When paired together, Teacrine has been shown to potentiate, enhance and extend the efficacy of caffeine.

Additionally, the synergistic combination works to allow the consumer to better auto-regulate the energy boost. This means that rather than a sharp 'spike' associated with other energy drinks, Hyde Power Potion delivers a smooth, consistent, yet powerful boost in energy, clean focus, enhanced concentration, and drive. Finally, remedying the dreaded 'crash' associated with other energy drinks, the combination of Teacrine and caffeine has been shown to create a slower, gradual 'come down'.

Also what I did not know at first is the person who created these does not lift which I thought was a little odd.

I was sent three out of their five flavors they have, Cherry Cola, Island Punch, and Purple Mist. I thought they were all good in their own way. The cherry cola was a little on the sweet side and feel it needs a little more of that cola taste to it. The Island Punch tasted a lot like fruit punch. Purple Mist tasted a lot like a grape popsicle.

There is nothing to mix. Dosing can be whenever you feel you need a boost in energy. I would not take this to late at night or you won't be able to sleep. I would take this on my way to work in the morning to help wake me up. This is the time of day I would normally take ones these. I could also take it later in the day if I needed it or felt I was feeling a bit sluggish.

After using these I found them to be really good. I liked the much higher amount of caffeine they use so you can feel that it is working a lot better than a regular energy drink. The energy I got from this was more of a smooth like energy it gave me. Never did I feel real jittery which was nice. What I liked about these is that it does not take very long for these to kick in so you can start to feel it. I know that the 350mg of caffeine might not be for everyone even myself at times. Depending on when I would drink one of these the 350mg could be to much for me and I will explain why. I would normally drink one of these on my way to work in the morning to help wake me up and get me going more. Then in the afternoon I would take my regular pre-workout which all ready has 300mg of caffeine in it. Here is where I have a little issue with the amount of caffeine in it. If I am taking one of these in the morning and then my pre-workout later in the afternoon that would about 650mg of caffeine I would be taking in which I don't really like to consume that much in one day. If I am taking this as my only source of caffeine for the day then I am just fine with the 350mg and prefer that amount. I would say be careful when you take these just because of the high amount of caffeine this has in it.

What I like about this is that they use teacrine which is suppose to help you avoid that crash you get from a lot of regular energy drinks. I know with a lot of regular energy drinks this is something that happens to me a lot and I don't like it. I do think by them using the teacrine it really helped a lot to avoid any kind of crash because I never noticed any kind of crash at all. Also I noticed that my mind and focus seemed to be a lot better after drinking these and felt more calm like. With the use of NALT I think this really helped me focus better and stay more calm like.

The cheapest I could find these was on campusprotein.com and they want $26.99 for 16 cans. This comes out to $1.68 a can which I think is a pretty good value for these. Considering what most energy drinks cost at a gas station $2.00-2.50 at least if not more and plus you get a lot more out of these for the price.

Side Effects

Nothing I noticed. I know with the high amount of caffeine they use could be a bit high for some people. Just be careful when you drink these and maybe not always drink the whole thing.

Conclusion

I feel that Prosupp's did a really good job on these drinks and are a big step up from your regular energy drinks. For me I am not real big into energy drinks much anymore but now that these are out there I am much more into wanting to use these as my go to energy drink. I love the much higher amount of caffeine you get so you can feel these a lot more. Also the no crash you get from these is another big plus I liked about these. I will say that the taste of these is not to bad but could be a little less on the sweetness part. Right now these are not very easy to find and hope a lot more places can start selling them even at gas stations. I know that with such a high amount of caffeine in these they may have to be a little more careful just where all they are selling these at and who they are selling them to. If you want a good strong no jitters or crash energy drink I would highly recommend trying these. After using these I pretty much gave up on all regular energy drink because they just don't compare to these. Again I want to give a big shout out to ProSupp's for making these and letting me have the chance to give them a try.
    • Cherry Cola: 6/10
    • Island Punch: 7/10
    • Purple Mist: 7/10

March 5, 2018

• Way Too Sweet
    • Some Of The Ingredients Are Dosed Too Low To Be Effective

Energy drinks are everywhere nowadays. I remember the first days of Red Bull and what a novel idea it seemed to be, then all the warnings. Today, I think the mindset has adjusted. In turn, we've started seeing more and more options arise that push the envelope on what can go into an energy drink. Something like Hyde goes a step further, and similar to Bang (which is probably the most comparable product with majority market share), is looking to bridge the gap between just being the pick-me-up staple around offices and schools, to becoming a more potent and dedicated pre-/intra-workout in a can. I never used it as a pre-workout, but I'll explain to you how I was able to fit it into my daily routine.

The main active ingredient in Hyde is the caffeine. Hyde is giving you 350mg in each can- a serving that would probably legitimize a pre-workout as being high-stim.

The label also shows ingredients like Citrulline, NALT, Taurine, BCAAs, Choline Bitrate, TeaCrine, Carnitine, CoQ10, and other inactives.

I'm OK with marketing some of these other ingredients, but not all.

If we really analyze the label we can guess at the servings. What we know is that the caffeine will represent 350mg, and thanks to the rep posting on the last review, that the TeaCrine is at 25mg. 25mg isn't a very large serving of TeaCrine by any means and falls well short of the amount used in most of the studies I've read, but it's a fairly common dose from what I can tell in my experience. I don't think it's an ineffective dose in this setting.

Similarly, Citrulline is actually listed on the ingredients before the caffeine. Without much else to refer to except the effects and dosing of other ingredients, I'd guess this represents somewhere between 500-750mg. Not a dose to give you a noticeable pump, but maybe enough to see a slight heightening of blood flow.

The NALT falls well after the caffeine on the label, past a few preservatives, but also well before the TeaCrine. It's followed by the Taurine, BCAA blend, and Choline Bitrate before the TeaCrine, in fact. I'd guess the dosing to be at least 100mg for this, which would constitute a dose that should have moderate effectiveness; but from there I'd have to imagine the remaining ingredients and their feasible doses are going to be relatively useless. Measuring BCAAs in mg's is going to be a non-starter for effectiveness, and the Carnitine and CoQ10 must be dosed under 25mg which will be essentially useless.

I think Hyde can make a viable claim to this drink having a ton of caffeine, plus Citrulline, NALT, Taurine, and TeaCrine for additional benefits. The rest of the label will not be noticed at all by the consumer.

I was sent three flavors: Cherry Cola, Island Punch, and Purple Mist. All of them were really, really sweet. At first I had trouble drinking them, but when I tried it over ice later on it was less objectionable. My favorite of the 3 was the Purple Mist which tasted like a grape Popsicle, then the Island Punch which was basically generic fruit punch, then a far and away 3rd was the Cherry Cola... which was just way too sweet and had no cola taste to it from what I could tell.

There was no mixing obviously, as these are consumed straight from the can.

Dosing was varied. I tried to use this in different settings. To me this is more of a lifestyle drink as opposed to something I'd take pre-workout. I used it as a pick-up after lunch on a few workdays, before going out on the town one night with my wife, and as a replacement to my morning coffee on a couple Sundays when I wasn't lifting.

Once I'd become acclimated to the flavor, I really liked this! In every setting it gave me a TON of energy-- way more than a red bull or monster. However, that would be expected with the amount of caffeine. What was really impressive was what it didn't do, which was make me crash or make me feel jittery. The TeaCrine must've assisted with this. I also think the NALT must've been effective because I had at least one instance where I probably would've been mad at something after drinking this, and wasn't. NALT helps with the absorption of norepinephrine in the brain, which reduces stress and improves your mood. On the night I took this before going out with my wife, we were sitting at the bar having dinner and some guy there was trying hard to show off while wearing a straw fedora and seersucker suit during a snow storm (the outfit speaks volumes). It took him about 10 minutes to start hitting on my wife. This does happen sometimes, and I usually let her take care of herself because I know she's more than capable and it's more fun to watch the guy get burned by her then to step in and be Mr. Macho, but I'm usually pretty mad afterwards at the sheer audacity. This night at least, it didn't phase me. He did his thing, got shut down hard (phew...), and despite me usually having a bad temper, I kept my cool and didn't think about it the rest of the night until I wrote this review. That's kind of a weird story, but long story short... the NALT must've worked because I didn't get into a bar fight... basically.

The rest of the time taking this was equally as smooth and much less dramatic. It gave me a very clear-headed & significant lift in energy that lasted at least 4-5 hours before showing any signs of waning. When it wore off, it did just that. I didn't crash at all.

I expected to ding HYDE in this category but was then shocked how affordable it actually is. A side-by-side comparison with Red Bull (which isn't even a fair comparison considering the added ingredients here) puts HYDE at more than $2 less for a 12-pack of 16oz cans on Amazon. $29.98 for 12 16oz HYDEs, vs. $32.34 for 12 16oz Red Bulls. Very impressive.

Side Effects

None at all.

Conclusion

Overall, I think Pro Supps has a winner and want to thank them for giving me the opportunity to test them out. I would really like it if they could cut down on how sweet the drink is, but in terms of what you get in HYDE versus competitors it's like comparing pros and amateurs. My only other suggestion would be to just nix the ingredients that won't actually help the person drinking it. However, they probably will sell a ton of these by having trace amounts of these other ingredients and being able to market those-- more power to them. This is sold nationally at Vitamin Shoppe, but also available on Amazon to be shipped direct from the company. Give it a shot the next time you're looking for a solid energy drink!
    • Cherry Cola: 3/10
    • Island Punch: 5/10
    • Purple Mist: 6/10

February 20, 2018

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Energy Hits You FAST
    • Amazing Flavors

What is going on guys? I've got an energy drink review for you today and can't wait to jump in. Before I do, I'd like to thank everyone at SR and ProSupps for making this review possible.

350mg of Caffeine: WOOOOOOO this thing is a slap in the face! I am an avid coffee drinker and this thing made me feel some type of way let me tell you.
      It's a 'zero' drink so it doesn't have any calories, sugar or carbs.
      It does contain 48mg of sodium (very minimal amount), 48mg of Potassium, 4mg of Niacin, .5mg of Vitamin B6, 25mg Teacrine to act as an antagonist to caffeine side effects (prevents anxiety) , and 2 mpg of Vitamin B12, along with artificial flavors. So really your just looking for flavor and caffeine when checking out this product.

Taste:
      Cherry Cola: Very, very good flavor. If you're a fan of Dr. Pepper then you will love the taste of this. Rated: 8/10
      Island Punch: This is your traditional 'red flavor' that you think of in the drink industry. It's not bad but it's not the greatest taste in the world. You can definitely taste all the island berry flavors mixed up. Rated: 6/10
      Purple Mist: This was a very interesting grape like taste that I personally really enjoyed. This was my 2nd favorite flavor after Cherry Cola. definitely would recommend. Rated: 7/10

Mixibility: No mixing because these are in cans

Dosage: 1 can whenever you need a pick me up. it's a big dose of caffeine so I wouldn't recommend drinking 2 in a row.

Since this is an energy drink, the only thing we care about is did we get energy from it?? Let me be the first to tell you that this stuff BANGS. I drink 2-3 cups of coffee everyday and usually at least one scoop of pre workout at some point so i'm no stranger to caffeine. This stuff is like a large man slapping you in the face. The flavor is so good that you can't just sip on it (if you're like me and have no self control) you have to swig it down real quick. The caffeine sets in really quick and is a wake up call to say the least. I drank one at 7am because I had a lot of work to do that day and once the caffeine kicked in I felt like I needed to hit the gym not sit down at a desk (this is significant because I workout exclusively in the afternoons and HATE speaking to people in the mornings nevertheless do anything active). I was thoroughly impressed.

You can get 16 cans for $29 on Amazon. This comes out to about $1.81 per can. In the energy drink industry this honestly isn't that bad, especially since it gave me more energy than a traditional rockstar or red bull would.

Side Effects

No crash!

Conclusion

If you're looking for a slap of energy for a not bad price then look no further! This stuff packs a freaking punch.