(Better than 93% in Protein > Protein Bars)

My Bar is a Protein Bar manufactured by ProSupps. It is a quick, conveinient source of protein and commonly used as a meal replacement. The additional protein can help increase muscle mass as well as promote fat loss.

April 22, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Convenient
  • Sugar And Carb Content Is A Little High

Big thanks to ProSupps for giving me the opportunity to review MyBar. I'm a big user of protein bars since I'm always on the move and don't have a lot of time to make meals. Quest bars have been my bar of choice but I have been looking for something different to try. I've had experience with using ProSupps supplements in the past and when these came along on TROOPS it was a no brainer to try.

The ingredient profile for these bars are fairly basic. They contain:

Total Fat 10g - (Saturated Fat 5g, Monounsaturated Fat 3g, Polyunsaturated Fat 2g)
Cholesterol 40mg
Sugar 6g

-Gluten Free
-No Hydrogenated Oils
-No Trans Fats

The total fat & carbohydrate contents seem a bit high and no a fan of these bars containing soy. However I do like that the protein content is from different sources: Whey Protein Isolate & Concentrate.

Taste - MyBar comes in 6 or so different flavors - Salted Caramel Peanut Crunch, Peanut Butter Crunch, Confetti Cake Crunch, Ice Cream Cookie Crunch, Iced Cinnamon Crunch, Cookie Dough Crunch. My favorite MyBars were the Peanut Butter Crunch since I feel like I'm a peanut butter connoisseur and could eat it all the time. It can be easy to go through a box of these bars so you'll need some discipline. I'll judge the other flavors using the rating system at the bottom of this review.

Texture - Overall this had a different texture compared to other protein bars. It was hard & crumbly however once you take a bite it becomes really chewy. If your not careful it can get really really messy. On a few occasions I decided to warm it up in the microwave to soften the bars.

Dosing- I had a MyBar when needed so it wasn't an everyday thing. If I knew it was going to be a busy day ahead I would pack a MyBar for on the go occassions. Basically you can have a MyBar anytime during the day or night to fulfill your macro requirements. However it can be hard if your counting macros since this does have a high fat content.

It can be hard to judge the effectiveness of a protein bar. However first and foremost this is a good tasting way to fulfill your daily protein macro requirements. If your on a cut/diet and counting fat grams then that might be a little hard. It's really convenient if your days/nights are busy and you don't have much time to make meals. It doesn't take up much space to pack and it helps curb your appetite and fight catabolism (keeping yourself anabolic). MyBar is basically an insurance policy in case you forgot to bring food or didn't have time to prep it.

The cheapest value I could find was on Amazon for $13.99 for the Ice Cream Cookie Crunch Flavor. Theres so many retailers carrying these bars and I've see a ton of different prices per each flavor. Other retailers are selling 12ct boxes between $17-20. So if your looking for a specific flavor at the lowest price available then you'll have to do some research. No matter the price variance I have found the price per box is pretty good when compared to similar protein bars.

Side Effects

Conclusion

In conclusion, ProSupps MyBar is a pretty good option to choose from when deciding what protein bars to buy. All of the flavors taste great especially the Peanut Butter Crunch flavor, convenient to eat and fulfill protein macro requirements. If your looking to buy a specific flavor then you'll have to do some research in regards to the lowest priced option. Once again a BIG THANKS to ProSupps for participating in the SR TROOPS Program.
  • Peanut butter crunch: 9/10

Amazon   $21.26
AllStarHealth   $22.49

April 20, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Convenient
  • Very Little Fiber

A decent protein bar that isn't as good as some competitors, but the stellar price-point negates the relatively small differences between most competitors.

I saw these listed on a PricePlow deals alert email at a price that was an absolute steal. Having just missed out on a similar deal for some muscle milk RTDs, I jumped on these immediately after checking the macros to ensure I wouldn't miss out on yet another good deal. It seems like everyone is throwing up a review of these, so while I am still 3.5 boxes deep into a 6 box order I thought I'd share my thoughts too.

The ingredient profiles stay the same across bars with some variation in cholesterol and sodium (approximately double the amount) among flavors as Bzyczek pointed out. Apart from that, the macros look decent: 220 calories in the form of 10g of fat (5g saturated; 3g monounsaturated; 2g polyunsaturated), 17g of carbs (1g dietary fiber, 6g of sugar), and 20g of protein. The sodium and cholesterol content ranges from 210-400mg and 20-55mg per bar respectively.
While I don't see much wrong with this profile, there are some things I would change. I would like to see at least 3g of fiber (half of sugar content) in these bars but it is not a deal breaker for me by any means. Additionally, I would take the fat down a little if I was making the ideal bar but I don't mind the 10g. I don't mind the sugar content at all because I find 6g to be a rather small amount to ingest to make your bar palatable. Plus, there is something to be said for using sugar over an abundance of artificial sweeteners. While there is still some artificial sweetener in here, it compliments the sugar content well and the bar doesn't taste artificial. Of course, I'd like for natural sweeteners like truvia, stevia, or monkfruit to compliment sugar but it is not a huge deal for me. After all, I have no problem downing a Coke Zero with a meal.

There are a lot of different fillers that reasonably change depending on the flavors. Some have corn cereal (confetti cake crunch) and some have tapioca starch and rice flower (ice cream cookie crunch). Thus, on a micro-nutrient level these bars are certainly not the cleanest option on the market. That's ok. They aren't trying to be or passing themselves off as such. They are clearly highly processed high protein foodstuffs but they are better than grabbing a Snickers, Milky Way, or Kit-Kat. That's how I look at it. If you're looking for a whole-food or more natural bar then look elsewhere but sometimes you just want an indulgence and I'd look no further than here for that.

My biggest problem with these bars is the protein source. While almost everyone has pointed out that the bars mostly use whey protein isolate, whey protein concentrate, and/or whey protein hydrolysate milk protein isolate (in that order), which is excellent, there is some protein coming from less than optimal sources. Depending on the flavor there is also some protein coming from pea protein isolate and/or soy protein isolate. A little bit of either of these protein sources won't kill you, but it should be noted that they are used. Since the bars are not completely transparent (which is a trend that hasn't quite made it to nutrition panels for foodstuffs quite yet) I can't tell exactly how much of the 20g of protein is coming from those sources. However, in the Cookie Dough Crunch flavor soy protein isolate is listed immediately after a whey blend and then pea protein isolate follows a little after. Similarly, in Confetti Cake Crunch it soy protein isolate follows sugar so it could be about 5g. In the rest of the flavors, pea protein isolate comes about mid-profile so its probably like 1-2g and used for texture. I have no problem with a variety of protein sources, especially because whey can lend itself to terrible texture and diversification can help mitigate that issue. However, it is a bit hypocritical to put competitors on blast for their profiles (IMO use) when their products tastes equally as good and they managed to do it without any pea or soy protein (and sometimes less sugar for that matter). In short, its not a deal breaker but it necessarily prevents a higher rating in this section.

Mixability is not applicable as this is a protein bar. Similarly, dosing is not really applicable since the "dosing" schedule is to eat them whenever you're hungry, want a snack, or want more protein in your diet. Personally, I had 1-2 straight out of the wrapper in the mornings as a quick breakfast before getting to work or class and then I'd occasionally have one in the evenings during later classes or longer days at work. Seeing as I'm trying to shed a quick few pounds before it warms up here in the DMV (will it ever?) this worked perfectly for my "dosing" needs.

I bought 3 boxes each of the Peanut Butter Crunch and the Ice Cream Cookie Crunch. I found the Peanut Butter Crunch to be my favorite as I am just in the mood for that kind of flavor more often. Oddly enough, I tend to like the Ice Cream Cookie Crunch flavor in the evenings - probably because I am craving something sweet around then.

The Peanut Butter Crunch flavor tasted like a slightly chewy peanut butter cup. The crunch part of the bar was definitely over-hyped when compared to something like a Nestle Crunch bar or a Combat Crunch bar. The peanuts inside the batter made for a little crunch but nothing too fulfilling in that regard. My biggest complaint was that it produced crumbs like an Honey & Oats Nature Valley Bar. Ok, maybe a little less but you get the point.

The Ice Cream Cookie Crunch flavor didn't really taste like ice cream, cookies, or a combination of the two. I got more brownie with vanilla glaze, or chocolate and vanilla glazed donuts (think the ones with the stripes) vibes. Still, while the flavor didn't match the label in my eyes, it was pretty good. The chocolate was definitely the dominant flavor and I found that after a bite or two I'd need a drink to keep myself from getting overpowered by the chocolate - if you're a chocolate connoisseur then this is definitely for you. I didn't really notice any crunch in this bar. Maybe you can consider the layers compacting under my teeth a "crunch" but I look for more oomph when I read "crunch" on a label. This flavor also produced a lot of crumbs like the Peanut Butter Crunch flavor - probably about equal amounts.

Additionally, as a "soft-baked" bar I was expected some soft, slightly chewy texture that was near cookie like. Maybe I am naive but what I've experienced in both flavors is a hard outer shell with a very chewy filling. The extreme chewiness is much worse with with the Ice Cream Cookie Crunch flavor but it it is still present with the Peanut Butter Crunch flavor. The Ice Cream Cookie Crunch can be, at times, like chewing a gob of peanut butter (ironic, right?) whereas the Peanut Butter Crunch is more akin to chewing two Chips Ahoy Chewy cookies.

These bars were great for why I wanted them. I used them as snacks and mini-breakfasts and they always kept me full for a few hours. On average, I'd be content for about 3 hours which is perfect for a snack. As a high-protein foodstuff the effectiveness is best rated in relation to how they helped achieve my nutritional goals. Since I am on a moderate cut, these may not look like the best option but that isn't the case at all.

When I cut calories, I often cut fat without even meaning to as I'm just trying to eat healthier foods in general. The 10g of fat in these bars helped me make sure I wasn't dipping too low in my fat intake. If I was attempting to gain weight, I could see these also being useful but I'd probably limit myself to one given the higher fat content of other foods I'd be eating. The 20g of protein in each bar was most helpful though because I can often fall short of my protein needs if I just eat a quick bagel or waffle in the mornings. Getting a head-start on my protein consumption in the morning is crucial for me. Without these bars I would have, without a doubt, been drinking another protein shake or two before bed when I realized I had macros to fill. While there's nothing inherently wrong with that, it is annoying to have to do after a long day and I can easily forget so this head-start was extremely helpful to me. In short, this was as effective any other protein bar in that it was easy for me to fit into my macros and meet my daily nutritional goals. Cleaner bars may score a little higher because they could be easier to fit in on tight days but this could easily be worked in most days.

The value on some of these flavors is just downright unbeatable. The Ice Cream Cookie Crunch was $13.99 for a box of 12 and the Peanut Butter Crunch was $14.99 for a box of 12 on Amazon Prime. That is $1.17 and $1.25 a bar respectively. I pay more for a bag of Lays, and just about the same for a candy bar, at a store in DC. The other flavors have various price-points that are not as good but I'd look for the flavors on sale and try to go with those. At $1.16-1.25 a bar, I can eat (literally) any concerns about protein sourcing, fat content, sugar content, chewiness, etc. This price seriously cannot be beat. I highly recommend trying these bars in the event you like them just for this factor alone.

Side Effects

About half of the time I ate these in the morning, I would experience a mild laxative effect. I don't mind it too much in the mornings since it kind of fits in with my natural routine anyways but it can certainly be annoying when you're in a rush. I also found it a bit odd that the first bar of the day would have this effect as the label warns about this after "excessive consumption." I would also get this in the evening but it would take longer to kick in - probably since I didn't have a completely empty stomach. Either way, it could be much worse as this wasn't anything like diarrhea just slightly loose.

Conclusion

I loved these bars. Mostly because the taste wasn't too bad and the drawbacks were manageable - especially at this price point. Without a doubt, if these bars were $25 for 12 then I wouldn't be so kind or lenient but I think for this price you just can't reasonably ask for much more. I came to a 8/10 overall rating since every section except Value scored an 8.0/10. I thought it was a clear indication that the product as a whole is a 8/10. In short, I'd recommend these to anyone looking for a quality high-protein snack/foodstuff.
  • Ice Cream Cookie Crunch: 7/10
  • Peanut butter crunch: 9/10

Other Prices:
Ill Pump You Up   $16.95
Amazon   $21.26
AllStarHealth   $22.49

April 20, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Convenient
  • Good Snack Size
  • Confetti Tastes Great
  • Very Little Fiber

A review on protein bars that are aimed to fill your macros.

First and foremost I would like to thank ProSupps for sending me out their product so I could try it and review it for you guys. I would also like to thank SR for providing me the opportunity and the tools so that I can share with you guys my experience.

I love having me a treat after a good workout. It's my motivator and reward system. It also helps me maintain a higher amount of macros that my body needs in order to recover from heavy lifting. What more could you want?

The number of calories, Protein, Carbohydrates and fat stays consistent throughout the flavors. The two things I noticed are not consistent is the cholesterol and sodium.

220 Calories

10 grams of Fat
5 Saturated
3 Monosaturated
2 Polyunsaturated

Cholesterol differs per flavor ranging from 20 ending at 40 ... Most of the flavors are at 40 mg

Sodium differs per flavor ranging from 210 to 400 mg ...

Total Carbohydrates 17 gram
1 gram coming in from dietary fiber
6 grams coming in from sugar

Protein 20 Grams

The Protein comes from Whey Protein Isolate and Whey Protein Concentrate so I'm glad they are not using soy as the source of protein. I also like that they use real sugar and not some substitute. If I'm going to eat sugar I prefer that it be the real thing.

These bars are really good ... They are oven baked so their texture is different from the rest. They don't have that sand feeling when you eating them. They are soft and are not chewy. I have to say that I enjoyed all the flavors that came in this variety pack. The one flavor that stood out the most for me and my wife was the Confetti Cake Crunch flavor. Highly recommended.

What can I tell you about food. We eat it because we need it. The effectiveness of food is hard to judge. I guess when you count your macros you can add the 20 grams of protein you just consumed to your list. I can't tell you if my muscles grew because I added this bar to my consumption. If it's not the bar than it would have been a protein shake as long as the numbers match. The whole point of this is to vary what your eating so your not tired of the same thing. Also, a protein bar is a treat of sorts.

I'm not sure if there is a sale right now on Amazon but you can 12 of these bars for just 14$. With that price each bar will cost you 1.16 cents. I know another baked bar that very closely matches the texture and it sells for 2.50 per bar. So the value is definitely for these bars as to compared to others. If you compare it to standard bars that are not baked the price is almost identical. I'm sure there are cheaper bars out there but most of them rely on Soy for their protein source and that is why the price is kept low.

Side Effects

Conclusion

I love this bars. Highly recommended. Good numbers as far as sugar and fat and they are super tasty. It's an excellent treat and they have a lot of flavors that will hit your sweet spot. If you read the entire review you might already have a feeling that I'm a big advocate of these bars. Please don't hesitate and get some for yourself. I thank you for reading this and wish you a good day.
  • Confetti Cake Crunch: 10/10
  • Cookie dough crunch: 8/10
  • Iced Cinnamon Crunch: 9/10
  • Salted Peanut Crunch: 8/10

April 14, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Convenient
  • Good Snack Size
  • Not Filling
  • Sugar And Carb Content Is A Little High

Greetings SR! Back with yet another protein bar and if you read my previous reviews, you know that I really like protein bars because they are much more satisfying compared to chugging a protein shake. Sure its not real food in the same way as eating a steak, but it's closer and my mouth appreciates it. Anyway, here we go with the recently popular MyBAR.

Nutrition Facts:
Sugars 6g
Vitamin C 1mg
Calcium 140mg
Iron .4mg

Protein Blend (Whey Protein Isolate, Whey Protein Concentrate)
Vegetable Oils (Palm, Palm Kernel)
Sugar
Vegetable Glycerin
Maltitol
Milk Protein Isolate
Gelatin
Sorbitol
Water
Cocoa (Processed With Alkali)
Rice Flour
Potassium Sorbate
Almond
Peanut
Sucralose

Ingredients here are pretty much the standard for the newer "baked" protein bars. The #1 ingredient here the protein blend and I like that you don't have any soy protein in here. Of note though, if you have digestion issues with whey concentrate, this bar might cause some issues for you. The calorie content is about average and and the protein content is 36% of the 220 calories and the fat takes up another 41%. There's 6g of sugar here, which isn't great in my opinion, but the carb content does stay decently low. We don't get a breakdown of the protein blend but nice to have a mix of both types as they digest differently (assuming you handle whey well). Other ingredients are fairly minor and I don't see any major issues with any of them. Chances are that if you are looking at a protein bar like this, all natural isn't your biggest concern so the sucralose isn't a big deal to me.

For mixability and dosing, not much to say really, it's a protein bar so you know what you are getting right off the bat. At 55g, this bar is decidedly a snack option and not a substitute for a meal. The instructions on the wrapper "Directions For MY BAR: Consume up to 3 bars per day between meals with appropriate fluid intake." but honestly if you are going through 3 of these a day regularly, I'd ask you to re-examine your diet choices.

Taste is the all-important factor for me in a protein bar because, let's be honest, a shake is pretty much guaranteed to be a cheaper and cleaner option that has more protein in it. The allure of the bar is that you are eating something tasty you can sink your teeth into. I really wanted to like this bar based on the recommendations but...meh. Its not that it's bad, its just not nearly as good as I hoped it would be. Firstly, the texture of this bar isn't soft but is hard and kinda reminds me of like a stale nought like consistency. Second turn off is that it flakes...everywhere. There isn't a good way to eat this that it doesn't make a pretty decent mess as the chocolate coating breaks apart really easily and falls away as you bite into it. Finally the flavor was rather muted to me. I get a little bit of the ice cream sandwich cookie-ness to it, but its subtle and overall too bland for me.

7.3/10

It helps to hit the macros as any protein bar should but I found myself hungry again very quickly after eating one of these. I think that with the smaller size of this bar and very little fiber, there just isn't enough there to stave off hunger easily. If you are eating this to satisfy a craving and not just because you're hungry, its not bad at that (although the taste issues above impact that for me) but not a great snack for getting you to the next meal.

8.6/10

This bar is all over the map on pricing and that directly impacts the value a lot. I bought mine on Amazon, a 12 count, for $17.99 and at that price, I don't see the value and don't strongly recommend this product as you can get what i think are better bars for the same price. However, depending on what flavor you want, you can do much better as a 12 count box of ice cream cookie crunch is currently $13.99 and two of the other flavors are $15.99. At that price of less than $1.20 a bar, the value here is considerable and even though I'm not a huge fan of the bar, that price compares well to alternatives.

Conclusion

Protein bars for me always come down to the two major factors of value and taste. For me, this bar is not great in the taste department but it's merely ok. The value however, when getting a box for under $14, is where this really shines. Balancing those two factors out should be the deciding factor on if this bar is a good pick as everyone is little different in what they want out of a protein bar. For other factors, the protein content in most well-made protein bars is around 20g of protein for a snack bar of 180-230 ish calories with low sugar so even though this is a little higher in sugar, higher in fat, and lower in fiber than I'd prefer, it still fits my macros without too much problem so that's not a big factor for me.

At the end of the day, the $14 price tag for a 12 count is a great deal for this bar, so I do recommend it, but I'll personally being ponying up the extra cash for a King Whey Crunch or similar as the taste factor is too important for me to pass up on what amounts to a treat for me.
  • Ice Cream Cookie Crunch: 6/10

April 11, 2018

• Very Chewy

Protein bars are a quick and convenient way to help give you a good macro fix when trying to keep your protein requirements in check. I've tried several including Quest, Fitjoy, Met-rx, Carnivore Bars, Muscle Milk Bars, and many more. Quest has been my all time favorite and most likely will continue to be, but Prosupps My Bar was an interesting new comer that I had to try.

To begin, a special thanks to ProSupps for their participation here on SR.com. Today, I discuss my experiences with their protein bar My Bar. As I mentioned above, I've used a slew of different brands. However, I am not an overly frequent consumer of protein bars and usually have them on hand as a little insurance to my macro maintenance. Plus, like all avid athletes, I prefer to get most if not all I need from good wholesome food. Still, My Bar was a protein bar I was itching to try especially considering the available flavors.

A My Bar protein bar will provide 220 calories, 6g of sugars, 10g of total fat (5g saturated, 3g monounsaturated, 2g polyunsaturated), 17g of carbs, 1g of fiber, and 20g of protein. The sugar and carb content is a bit much, but not by a significant amount.

I like the fact that the protein is derived from 3 sources. These include whey protein isolate, concentrate, and hydrolysate.

Interesting to note that this is gluten-free.

My Bar is available in confetti cake crunch, cookie dough crunch, ice cream cookie crunch, peanut butter crunch, and salted caramel peanut crunch. The variety pack I received contained samples of all flavors. I personally enjoyed every single one. I will note that the texture is a bit tough. I would warm a bar on a couple of occasions and it helped plenty and even enhanced the taste a bit.

I stuck to eating only one a day and it was every other day since I saw no need to consume one every single day.

Gauging primarily on what I use protein bars for, I found My Bar to be an effective and great tasting way to help keep my macro quotas in maintenance without adding any high amounts of unnecessary sugars, fats, or unfavorable carbs. As I said, the sugar and carbs are a little high, but manageable as long as your diet is up to par.

It helped give my appetite a good curbing to help reduce the craving of snacking throughout the day.

It was also a good insurance during times where my meals were not available such as work, to make sure I was getting a good decent hit of protein to help keep my recovery and muscle anabolism going strong.

Lastly, it helped keep my metabolism and energy levels up through the day by preventing me from occasionally being bogged down by an sudden hunger pang.

You will have to do some stringent searching when considering a purchase of My Bar. The reason why I say this was because the prices were literally all over the place in terms of variation. I saw vending sites having prices that varied in accordance to container sizes, flavor, and other miscellaneous factors that I found odd. For example, on Amazon I was able to find a 12 count box for as low as 17.99, but it was only for one particular flavor. For whatever reason, another flavor would be as high as 28 dollars and another 25 dollars. Saw similar pricing variance on bodybuilding.com as well. After searching far and wide, I would say Amazon 12 count for 17.99 is the best price even though that price is limited to one flavor in particular. I'd say that is a decent value considering it's about as or a little less expensive than some other brands. Just make sure you're doing careful shopping.

Side Effects

Conclusion

Aside of the inconvenient price variations among sites, My Bar is a great new comer to the market of protein bars. They taste great, provide an excellent source of protein, and will help keep your macros in check without adding any excessive unwanted additives.

WARMACHINE OUT!!!

GO BRUINS!! AND RED SOX!!!
  • Cookie dough crunch: 9/10
  • Ice Cream Cookie Crunch: 9/10
  • Iced Cinnamon Crunch: 8/10
  • Peanut butter crunch: 8/10

Overall
Overall
6.3
6.4
  March 27, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Convenient
  • Confetti Tastes Great
  • Not Filling

What is up guys? I've got a review on one of the most addicting supplements to just randomly grab (at least for me) protein bars. I could literally sit down and eat protein bars like its popcorn while I'm doing pretty much any mindless activities. As always, I'd like to thank ProSupps and SR for making this review possible.

Serving Size: 1 Bar
Trans Fat 0g
Cholesterol 40g
Sugar 6g
Protein 20g

Other Ingredients: Protein blend (whey protein isolate, whey protein concentrate) vegetable oils, sugar, vegetable glycerin, maltitol, milk protein isolate, gelatin, soribtol, water, cocoa (processed with alkali), rice flour, pea protein isolate, evaportaed, cane juice, natural flavors, soy lecithin, soybean oil, tapioca starch, whey, mono, and diglycerides, chocolate liquor, salt, beta-carotene, vitamin a palmitate, baking soda, potassium sorbate, almond, peanut and sucralose.

Right off the bat you notice that this is a whey protein bar (isolate/concentrate). The bar is not on the lighter side as it does contain 220 calories. If you are on a 'summer shred' or any kind of specific diet involving a caloric deficit you would definitely have to work this into your daily macros so that you wouldn't go over. It's not a hefty bar by any means, however, 220 calories is nothing to scoff at either. 10 gram of fat can be a lot for a bar if your are counting macros (5g of that is saturated). I am lean bulking and currently consume about 60-70g of fat per day and would much rather fill my fat intake with my meat but hey 'if it fits your macros' then go for it! It won't kill you. The carbs/sugars are fairly low compared to other bars in the industry so I wouldn't worry too much about that and the 20g of protein is expected from a bar with this many calories. Not a bad profile for todays protein bars! (Some people confuse them for candy bars and only shop with their sweet tooth).

Taste: I had the privilege to try 5 great flavors:
Ice Cream Cookie Crunch: It's a solid 7/10, not the best bar in the world and it didn't taste like ice cream but it did have a pleasant taste to it

Peanut Butter Crunch: This one has to be a 5/10 for me. It was just alright in my opinion. There was no strong taste so that's probably why I wasn't very excited for this one.

Confetti Cake Crunch: 8/10 This one was easily my favorite. I'm a big vanilla kind of guy and this bar brought a great vanilla taste with that classic confetti ice cream kind of flavor. LOVED this one.

Cookie Dough Crunch: 7/10 This was another solid flavor in my opinion. It was just enough to trigger my sweet tooth without being too weak or leaving me wanting more flavor.

Salted Caramel Peanut Crunch: I still don't know what this tasted like. I'm confused on what flavor was supposed to be prominent. It definitely wasn't very peanut buttery but nevertheless it was still 'good.' Like a 6/10 good tho lol

The texture was extremely chewy. My jaw would actually get sore trying to finish the whole thing at once. I really wish it would've been softer, but again I think that's more of a personal preference

Did I enjoy the taste of the bars? Yes! Did I feel full or satisfied after eating them? Not at all. I did not get a full feeling once while eating any of these bars. I am used to eating in very large volumes instead of small meals spread out throughout the day but I ate one of these bars and then almost felt more hungry for my next meal than I already was before. If I knew I was not able to eat a meal at my scheduled time I would recommend packing at least 2 of these bars to tide you over until you get home from work, a meeting, or anything similar.

You can get 12 of these puppies on AllstarHealth.com for about $1.84 per bar. For a bar of this calorie/ protein amount, this is not the worst deal. Not the best but certainly better than some of their competitors.

Side Effects

Conclusion

A couple of the flavors were pretty good, but I was never fully satisfied after finishing a bar. I was always left as I started, HUNGRY! If it came down to it i'd rather use my macros on something more filling especially if I was cutting.

March 23, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Convenient
  • Good Snack Size
  • Taste The Whey
  • A Lot Of Sugar
  • Lot Of Carbs

Big thanks to ProSupps for sending me a sample pack of their Mybar creation!
In today's world of fitness and dieting, it is all about hitting that magical macro balance...you know the protein, fat, and carb intake as well as making sure to get enough calories. This is a hard thing to do, and it is usually what holds most people back from being where they want to be. Creations like protein shakes and bars can help get you there, but they have historically tasted like hot garbage, or have been so hard or bland that you would rather starve. ProSupps has tried to take a step forward in creating a bar that tastes good and that you will actually want in your life to help achieve those macronutrients.

The ingredients are as follows:
protein Blend (Whey Protein Isolate, Whey Protein Concentrate, Whey Protein Hydrolysate), Soy Protein Isolate, Vegetable Oils (Palm, Palm Kernel, Soybean), Vegetable Glycerin, Sorbitol, Maltitol, Sugar, Water, Pea Protein Isolate, Cocoa (processed with Alkali), Brown Rice Flour, Natural Flavors, Salt, Sunflower Lecithin, Mono and Diglycerides, Whey, Potassium Sorbate (preservative), Tapioca Starch, Vitamin A Palmitate, Beta-Carotene, Almond, Peanut, and Sucralose.

As you can see they make the leading ingredient Whey Protein Isolate, which to me is important. In the past when I have tried products that lead with Whey protein concentrate, I tend to have terrible stomach bloat and poor digestion. I also like that they throw in a Pea Protein which is a nice alternative to milk-based proteins.

Some takeaways that I have which are picky at best is I would like to see the elimination of the soy ingredients and the vegetable oils. I try very hard to avoid products that contain soy at all cost especially after being a vegetarian who lived off of soy products for years. It wreaked havoc on my body and physique as a whole, so I think this product could do without that particular aspect, but that is just me.

This list of ingredients will give you these kinds of macros:

Amount per serving (55g)

Cholesterol 20mg
Sodium 210mg
Sugars 6g
Protein 20g

Taste is a make or break with a product like this, and ProSupps is claiming to deliver a candy bar like taste. At the risk of being crucified by the fitness community, I have to say this bar doesn't quite live up to the hopes I had for it. You might be asking yourself, why would he recommend it then? Well, I will say that this product is still great, and by no means taste terrible, however, I do not think it is the greatest one out there in my humble opinion. The reason for this, is when you consume these bars, and I will say that this goes for most of the flavors I was given, you can really taste the whey and the protein in it. Again, this me being very critical. The taste is not bad, but if I was in a grocery aisle looking at protein bars, I am not sure if I would reach for the MyBar product.

the second aspect that I have an issue with, is the hardness of the bar. Yes, it is good for the bar to stand on its own so it is not smashed in your bag or whatever during transport, but when you open it up to take a bite, you should not be having to fight your way through to chomp through the bar. Every bar I had was very dense in a manner that it was hard to take a bite.

(I am basing these comparisons against Chef Robert Irvine's Fitcrunch bars. I completely understand that the macros are different for both bars, but this is a comparison of taste and texture right now, and for me, the Fitcrunch bar wins).

To wrap this section up, mixability is a non-issue due to being a bar, and dosing was 1 bar.

So some positives for this product is, I was able to find a wonderful place in my macros for it, and it does keep you full. I tend to do a carb cycle through the week, so the days where my carbs were up, I would consume this in the evening as a pre-bedtime snack so I could hit my macros. This was also an effective product because it did not cause any digestive issues such as gas or bloat which is nice.

Plus as I mentioned, the bar will keep you full so it was nice to be able to go to bed without having a lot of hunger pains during the night which allowed me to sleep comfortably. Of course on days where carbs were restricted, I would not consume this bar and my diet looks totally different.

So this is on par with most "high grade" protein bars out there. You can snag a box from bodybuilding.com for $25 (minus shipping) which comes out to be $2.08 per bar. Obviously, if you can get a deal then it will be cheaper, or if you are at the grocery store buying one bar, they might sell it for cheaper. All in all, this is the same price point you are going to be paying for most protein bars.

Side Effects

none to report

Conclusion

So here we are, the conclusion. Do I think that this is a great bar? Sure, but will this be the go-to bar that I buy? Probably not. I still recommend this, because when it comes to products like this, everyone has different taste. The things I may not like about this could be the things that someone else enjoys. This is why the reviews are important. I like Fitcrunch bars, others don't which is completely fine. Plus my batch could have been harder than normal. At the end of the day, I tip my hat to ProSupps for stepping up and trying to make a great tasting bar to compete with Quest. Because let's be honest, Quest has been the one who has been wearing the crown in this category, and I feel like if they get some competition it might make them create some changes for the positive or get creative with the product. I would definitely tell folks to give this bar a try and see what they think for themselves, and if you are looking for a particular flavor to try out I would recommend the confetti cake flavor or the Ice Cream Cookie Crunch.
  • Salted Peanut Crunch: 7/10
  • Cookie dough crunch: 7/10
  • Peanut butter crunch: 7/10

August 26, 2017

• Great Texture

37 years old and I lift 5 times a week. I maintain a high protein diet, I weigh 235 pounds, so I require quite a bit of it daily. One solution I have found in my diet is to include a Protein Bar in place of a Protein Shake for a couple reasons. One reason is its easily transportable to work (no powder or shaker needed) and the other being its a good change up for the taste buds. I have never heard of Pro Supps My Bar until I saw them on Amazon, so decided to give them a shot!

Okay, now its time to break down the macros. Each 55g bar contains 220 Calories, 10g fat (5g Saturated, 3g Mono saturated, 2g Polyunsaturated), 17g Carbs, 6g Sugar, and 20g Protein. The Protein consists of Whey Protein Isolate and Whey Protein Concentrate. There is also a Pea Protein Isolate source in the bar. Yeah not the greatest macro profile in the world, you would get a cleaner one in a Protein shake, but all in all not bad at all for a amazing tasting Protein Bar. Most Protein Bar macro's are pretty terrible these days, as they realize people will only buy them for taste and not pay attention to sugar or fat content. For me, this profile was just fine and I really liked the 20g Protein per bar. Believe it or not you do need fat and some carbs in your life also. They are also Gluten Free if that is an issue for you. For a guy my size these bars worked great! Keep in mind this product contains Milk, Soy, Almond, and Peanut, so be aware if you have any of those allergies.

Taste: I had the Ice Cream Cookie Crunch flavor, and HOLY COW the taste was incredible. I dare to say this was, yup I am saying it, THIS is the best tasting Protein Bar I have ever tried. I looked forward to eating this daily and enjoyed every bar. You would think a flavor like this would be sweet and it has an icy coating look to it, but no its not sweet at all. Hard to describe but it tastes just right, and I am going to order more to taste other flavors.

Mixabililty/Dosing: Obviously no mixing here, but for dosing, I would have 1 bar either in the morning between meals or the afternoon in between meals. This worked best for me as a snack.

So I would Gage the effectiveness of a Protein bar based off if it filled me up at all or not, and how it digested. Most protein bars I would have I would be so hungry within 10 minutes of eating it, and want more food. Not here, with My Bar it filled me up for about an hour or so which was great. I usually would eat Protein, Fruit, Almonds for a snack in between meals twice a day. I have a plethora of different Protein bars for such snacks, or would just eat a source of Protein. These bars tided me over until my next major meal and 20g of Protein was nice. Also this did not sit in my stomach or make me feel bloated or that I needed to hit the bathroom or anything crazy, it was just an effective nice snack. Nope I cannot say if I had any gains off this, its just a protein bar, but it was a delicious experience.

I purchased this from Amazon at $12.43 for 6 bars. That comes out to $2.07 per bar, which is about average for a Protein Bar. Just go to any store and price the crappy ones and they around $2.50 per bar. I am sure you can find a deal on these if you search around and the prices seem to vary based off the flavor. For example right now you can get a 12 pack of Confetti Cake Crunch for $19.87 on Amazon right now, now thats a great deal! So Value coupled with how much I enjoyed these, its worth it!

Side Effects

I experienced none. The label does warn you that excessive consumption may have a laxative effect, but I never exceeded one a day and had no issues at all. Basically, do not eat these like candy and you will be fine!

Conclusion

I have tried a few protein bars in my time, seems the more sexier the flavor sounds the crappier the bars taste. Most Protein bars I get tired of about the third bar in, but not here, each bar I looked forward too. If you think Ice Cream Cookie Crunch sounds too good to be true you are mistaken. If you are in the market for a great protein snack that will fill you up in between meals then this is one you need to try. You will not regret it, and I wish you a Very Delicious Experience. Off to order that 12 pack of Confetti Cake Crunch!!!
    • Ice Cream Cookie Crunch: 10/10

Overall
    Overall
    9.2
      February 20, 2017

• Too Much Sodium

-----
    Update 02/28/2017:
    I've now had the "Peanut Butter Crunch" and I'd give the flavor an 8/10
    -----

This is my second review of a protein bar, but so far this is the best one.. I've had just about everything offered at Hy-Vee, but now I've branched toward bb.com to try boxes/flavors I've never tried nor seen. I do reviews on just about every category so keep up with my reviews and I'd love some feedback! I will definitely try to go into some depth here, and hopefully I'm clear to all my readers.. If I get confusing at any point, call me out on it!

Ingredient profile is pretty standard to begin with, you have: Whey Protein Isolate, Whey protein Concentrate as the protein blend (which could have been better as straight Isolate.. but whatever).. later down the line you'll see that Milk Protein Isolate & Pea Protein Isolate are also listed as ingredients, but they are present is such small amounts that it doesn't show within the "protein blend" itself. After the protein blend are various other ingredients that give the bar it's taste, texture, and overall presentable composition. I won't go into depth on what exactly all of it is because I don't believe it to be the most useful information here.. but the Nutrition Facts are. What you'll get in descending order is 10g of Fat (5g Saturated, 3g Monounsaturated, and 2g Polyunsaturated), 17g Carbohydrates (1g dietary fiber, and 6g of sugar), 20g of Protein. The only thing I would point out here is that 400mg of Sodium is present in every single bar... This in all honesty is not needed and makes the bar a bit less versatile than I'd like. (8.5/10)

Taste is what really stands above all.. The taste, the texture, it's all like a real candy bar! Really though.. the bar has a crunchy outer and soft inner that gets better as you chew. Aftertaste is pretty great also, so no chemical or trashy residue remains. (10/10)

I didn't have that noticeable-recovery effect that some people claim, but in all honesty I never expect that. A whole food meal will always serve you better than a protein bar or shake.. However, in terms of convenience and accessibility this bar is much better than not eating at all. Missing meals can hinder recovery and offset your metabolism so it's best to eat every 3-4 hours, and this bar can help you do just that; especially if you have a sweet-tooth at the time! (8/10)

MyBar luckily is a few bucks cheaper (on bodybuilding.com at 24.99) so you may see it as more attractive since it also tastes better than most other bars, but keep in mind shipping is an additional 5-7 dollars.. nonetheless it will serve it's purpose and you'll enjoy it the whole way. (8.5/10)

Side Effects

None. (10/10)

Conclusion

I just like every other guy, I've been searching for the ideal protein bar. One that satisfied both the craving for sweets and nutritious recovery; well, I found it (sort of)... It's crunchy outer and soft inner mimics your favorite candy bar like a dream, but the sodium content makes it ideal only after a workout and possibly before (as a light snack before the gym).. other than that I wouldn't munch on these all day every day... Overall I've gotta say that the balance of healthy and tasty has most likely been found with MyBar and that in the future we can expect our feedback to be taken to the extremes. This is probably be the best investment you can make to satisfy any sort of sweet-tooth, but in the near future I expect great things from ProSupps.
    • Ice Cream Cookie Crunch: 9/10

Overall
    Overall
    9.5
      December 18, 2016

• Good Snack Size

I'm a competing powerlifter who's currently cutting (I'm always cutting lol), and I probably have a bar or a shake (maybe both) every day. I eat plenty of whole foods too, I swear.

Other supplements: pre workout, creatine, fish oil/multi, joint support (cissus, bosweilla)

Currently, I'm training 6 days a week, in a body part split (one day is for auxiliary work).

The first ingredient is a protein blend of whey protein isolate and whey protein concentrate (no soy protein isolate here). There's 20g protein per bar. There are other proteins listed later on, e.g. milk protein isolate and pea protein isolate, but I'm assuming the amounts of those are rather small.

The other ingredients are typical for a protein bar, vegetable oil, sugar, etc. Each bar has 10g fat (5g saturated fat), and 17g carbs (6g sugar, 1g fiber).

If you are prone to allergies, these bars do contain milk products, soy products, almond, and peanuts. They're also made in a facility that processes eggs and wheat.

These protein bars were made to taste good and they deliver. The Ice Cream Cookie Crunch is phenomenal, as is the Iced Cinnamon Twist. I liked the Salted Caramel Crunch, but the caramel taste was a bit artificial to me, so I ranked it lower than the other two flavors. You can't go wrong here though. Each flavor is a winner.

MyBars are similar to the Fit Crunch bars, but they have a softer interior (vs. their crunchy exterior), which makes them easier to chew. They're also smaller than the large Fit Crunch bars and are about the size of the small Fit Crunch bars (if you can still find those). Their macros are more similar to the high fiber bars (Quest, Oh Yeah One, etc). They're 220 cals per bar with 20g of protein.

ProSupps has pretty much made the perfect protein bar. It's oven baked and has a taste that exceeds or rivals every other oven baked bar that I've had and is easier to chew. Also the macros are as easy to work with. The only think you're missing out on vs. a "cleaner bar" is the fiber, and some people don't react well to the fiber from sugar alcohols anyway, so I don't see this as a real minus anyway.

They're a great snack and if you're hungry, one will tide you over for 2-3 hours. They would not make good meal replacements, as they're too small for that. You're getting 20g of protein for each bar, which is pretty close to what you need to optimize MPS (20g will get you most of the way there, 40g is a bit better), so they're a pretty good muscle builder in a pinch.

I think they're priced pretty fairly, especially given how good they are. Many stores sell them for $25/box, which comes to just over $2/bar, but if you look around, you can find a better deal. I got 36 bars for $50 or $1.38/bar, which was a steal, and I've seen them for $20/box which is about what you'd pay for plenty of other bars that don't taste nearly as good.

Side Effects

I had none here, other than maybe too many empty wrappers because I ate them too fast :D

Conclusion

If you like protein bars, get these. Even if you don't like protein bars because they've disappointed you too many times, still get these. You won't be disappointed if you have a sweet tooth
      • Ice Cream Cookie Crunch: 10/10