Creatine Reviews

By: ProSource

You are viewing a single review (#1 of 2)
Click here to show all Creatine reviews.

Overall
Overall
  October 29, 2018

One of the most researched supplements on the market. It has been around for a very long time. This is a cost effective source of Creapure Creatine Monohydrate.

I am a 46 year old guy still trying to get in better shape and then stay that way. I have been working out with weights 4 days a week and doing cardio most other days. I have 2 teenagers, a wife and a Princess (fluffy dictator) that keep me very busy. I have been watching my diet on and off during the last year. I am finally able to push weights as my back is back in place...ha ha So that is why I decided to add back in some Creatine as I had been off for a while. I decided on Prosource as I have used it before and like their product. Below is my log in case you want a little more detail to what I do.

Micronized Creatine Monohydrate: 1000g container, suggesting 5g doses. (Creapure name brand)
This is a top shelf creatine product. It is simple with no added ingredients. I like this product because of its simplicity.

----Taste/Mix-ability/Dosing----

This is pretty much tasteless. It seems to mix as well as any creatine I have tried. I generally add it to my pre-workout or smoothie or protein shake during the day. As for Dosing, I don't follow the old school "loading" idea. I just use 5g's per day everyday. If you want to take it, it is easy to add to your daily routine. They do suggest taking one dose before and one dose after. I have done that, but for me I haven't noticed a difference so I just stick to the 5g's a day. (I do wish they would include a scooper though)((wife gets mad when she can't find her measuring devices.....)

Creatine for me gives me added recovery and strength gains and maintenance while dieting. I have used Prosource's product numerous times in the past and every time I have used it I have found benefits. I don't think it is like steroids or anything but for me, if I am pushing for something I find it easier with a daily dose of 5g's of Creatine. Some people are non-responders, if that is you, you might need to try some of the newer versions. Below I also posted a few links if you would like to read a little more on Creatine Monohydrate.

As of 10/29/2018 it is listed for $17.50 for 1000g's. For you math challenged people it works out to a little over 11 cents for a 5g serving.

My thoughts are that this is a great value for the branded "Creapure" creatine monohydrate. Most places will be in the 14 to 16 cents a serving. Now here is the kicker. At least 2 times per year they run sales, I bought this at a 20% discount. So, I paid $14 or 7 cents a serving. Remember you get 200 servings so you buy one on sale and you are good for over half a year.

Side Effects

I have no negative sides from my 5g dosage. However if you choose to load, or take more some people can get stomach discomfort and some people get dehydrated.

Conclusion

As you can probably tell, I like this product. I think the benefits of supplementing with creatine monohydrate are valuable. The plus side to this is it is a very cost effective brand to get the "good" creatine monohydrate. Prosource offers "Creapure" Micronized Creatine Monohydrate at a great deal. So for me it is one of those things that I think you should take. If you are going to take it you might as well go for a company you can trust and that is not over priced. So, next time you are looking at picking up Creapure, check out Prosource. Make sure you look for a sale though....