Beta Alanine Reviews

By: ProSource

Amino Acids > Beta-Alanine
Beta Alanine is a Beta-Alanine Product manufactured by ProSource. It helps increase carnosine levels, which helps buffer lactic acid and increase muscle endurance by decreasing the 'burn' during exercise. This increse in endurance can translate to increased muscle mass and strength.

Only 2 Reviews - Waiting for more trustworthy reviews

May 23, 2016

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Excellent Price

Hello again, I am a 44 year old who just likes supplements and training. I have been on a very slow cut as of late, and therefore like to try anything that can help keep me moving. I have been using pro-source products for a long time and decided to add the review.

Simple as simple can be.
    200g of Beta Alanine, with a convenient 2 gram scoop. I guess some people would like to see this as Carnosyn, but I haven't had a problem with any of prosource's products so I will let it slide. Also this is made in the good ol USA in a GMP compliant facility.

Taste is a little sweet if you decide to put it on your mouth with nothing else. It does have a little after bite that way though. Most people I believe will add this to a pre-workout or post-workout etc.
    This product mixed great with anything I put it in. Besides just dumping it in my mouth, when I added it to other drinks it easily dissolved and stayed that way.
    Dosing on Beta Alanine is simple as well. Pro-source suggests one serving before workout and one later, and on non workout days two scoops separated it accordingly. As I was adding this to things I varied my dosage accordingly. I found it pretty simple since it is a powder (grains) you can use how you see fit. Web MD suggests dosages between 3.2 and 6.4 grams daily, so with 2 scoops per day you would fall right in the middle at a reasonable cost.

Beta Alanine is used for improving athletic performance. It can positively effect exercise capacity, help build muscle, and improve physical functioning. Most people use this to delay muscle fatigue which is what I was going for as well. So how did it work for me. In using this product at 1 to 2 scoops per day I kept my Beta alanine intake around 4g's depending on if I was using a pre-workout that contained it. I used 3 containers of this this year during which I hit the following goals.

Run a 10 minute mile. I know it's slow but I hate running and started in between 14 and 15 min. I found that with this I increased my endurance at a faster pace, also for me it seemed to help keep the blood moving.
    Loose weight. I have basically dropped 10 pounds.
    NOT loose muscle. I have continued to lift the same weights or go heavier depending on what I am concerned with.

I do think everyone reacts differently to supplements, but for me at the cheapness of this it is easy to add in every once in a while just in case. I don't think it's totally immediate but I do think it helps.

As this is an in house product the price as of today 5/23/2016 is $12.50 for the 200g container. In looking around I find this to be a pretty good deal for a single ingredient. Prices I found for 200g range from $17.95 for primaforce brand, to $23.49 for 75 servings of Optimum nutrition beta alanine. I am sure you could find bulk powder prices in different ranges as well. However I shop at the same spots all the time. I figure if you trust a company it is worth a little more. Lastly when they use "Carnosyn" the price does go up as that has been tested to be more pure.

Side Effects

Tingly face if you are not used to using the product. This does go away if you are using this on a daily bases. Other than the tingles I had no negative side effects what so ever.

Conclusion

In conclusion, with a lot of pre-workouts only have 1.8g or so of beta alanine this is great to have on the shelf so you can get to that minimum effective dose of 3.2 grams. As with anything in life this is not the end all be all super supplement, but rather in my opinion a product that does have benefits and doesn't seem to have any bad side effects to it if used correctly. I can say that with out a doubt I will have this product on my shelf again. I might wait for a sale, but come on guys who doesn't like to buy stuff on sale.

May 26, 2011

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Excellent Price
      Decided to try a straight Beta Alanine product instead of the pre-workout mix (primarily because I wanted to stay away from caffeine).

Price was terrific at $12.95 and I got free shipping as I also ordered other products putting me over $75 (needed in order to get free shipping).

Definitely provided the "pins/needles" feel expected from Beta Alanine. I have found that I need to take a little more than the recommended "scoop" in order to get that tingle. Each serving is 2g, so I am probably getting 2.5-3g per serving.

It's important to note that I am NOT following the suggested use "take one serving 20-30 minutes prior to workout and one more serving sometime during the day". I do not take the second serving as I primarily use this product to get my body prepped for the gym and don't see the point in doing this later in the day as well.

There have been days I have taken the Beta Alanine as I was walking to the gym (get caught up in work "stuff" and can't get it 20-30 min before I leave the office). It is definitely advisable to take this at least 20 minutes before heading to the gym. I've found it takes that long to get absorbed into your system and provides for much better results once your workout begins.

The bottle has 100 servings per container, so the first bottle lasted me 60-70 workouts which in my opinion was a great return for the investment.

I would have issues giving this a 10 only because this is the first straight Beta Alanine product I have tried, the others have all been mixed with a pre-workout formula.