Pre-Workout Reviews

By: Propello Life

Pre-Workout > Pump
Pre-Workout is a Pump Product manufactured by Propello Life. It is meant to increase blood flow, muscle pumps and increase vascularity. It can be stacked with a stimulant based pre-workout for an added stimulant effect. This promotes an environment for increased muscle mass and fat loss.

Overall
Overall
6.8
Thanks to Propello Life for sending it out!
  May 22, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Some Endurance Improvement
  • All-Natural
  • No Prop Blends Or Artificial Additives
  • Expensive At Multiple Scoops
  • Some Ingredients Could Be Dosed Higher
  • Lack Of Pump And Focus

A special thanks to Propello Life for their participation here on Sr.com. Today, I discuss their pre-workout product. Propello Life prides themselves in using all natural ingredients and keep out all the stuff we don't like to see like artifical flavors, prop. blends, etc. Their pre workout is formulated in a more conservative manner with a more simple profile of well known ingredients, without all the extra unnecssary addtivies. As I always say with supplements, less can be more in some instances and more is not always necessarily better.

So, how does Propello stack up to the PWO line?

As I just mentioned the profile is a simple one with only basic, well known ingredients commonly seen in today's popular pre workouts. The profile is also fully disclosed with no prop blends.

The prfoile includes 5 g of creatine monohydrate, 3 g of L-citrulline malate, 2.5 g of betaine anhydrous, 1.6 g of beta alanine, and 100 mg of natural caffeine anhydrous.

The only things I would like is perhaps a little more beta alanine and L-citrulline malate, but other than that, a good overall simple profile.

I recieved the west coast citrus flavor. It wasn't bad, but not really my favorite tasting of all the pwo products I've used. It was a little strong with an occassional tangy aftertaste that I wasn't a fan of. Still, not horrible or intolerable in any way.

The mixability was fine and I didn't have any problems with any undissolved grit or clumps.

The first week, I started by using only one scoop. I didn't get a lot from one scoop and after assessing my tolerance and ensuring no adverse effects, I bumped it to two scoop. Two scoops was my regular dosage protocol up until the completion of the container.

At the two scoop dosage protocol I used I will say that taking everything into account, Propello's pre workout got the job done for the most part, but some improvement can be done.

The energy I got was clean and consistent, though it wasn't as a strong a surge of energy as I would've preferred. It was more like a step above what I would get from a large cup of coffee, but longer lasting.

I saw some improvement in my endurance thanks mostly to the beta alanine an citrulline malate, but nothing significant. I was able to crank out a few more reps with some heavier weight on a few select movements and was able to maintain HIIT cardio intervals for slightly longer times.

I did not see much in the area of pumps an focus. I understand the ingredients are primarily aimed at that, but I figured even a slight improvement in these areas could be seen, but unfortunately, nothing except perhaps a slight pump on a few high volume sets was noticed.

This is where Propello pre workout loses some points. The cheapest I could find this product was roughly 38 dollars on amazon. The container comes with a full 30 servings which, provided you only use one scoop, will last the whole month. However, the value drops significantly if you find you need two scoops such as I did. This would mean that the container will last about two weeks depending how often you train, but clearly it would last for a much shorter duration. In other words, the value here is heavily dependent on how many scoops you require for desired affect.

Side Effects

Conclusion

In closing, while an all natural formula is appealing to those who aren't fond of artificial additives and prop blends, Propello pre workout could use improvement. I would like to see slightly higher dosages in the main ingredients and perhaps adding some pump and focus inducing ingredients like agmatine and huperzine A. Propello's pre workout is definitely worth a try, but I would definitely like to see these improvements as it would make the product much more attractive.

WARMACHINE OUT!!!