Creatine Monohydrate Reviews

By: Prolab

Creatine Monohydrate is a Creatine Monohydrate Product manufactured by Prolab. It consists primarily of creatine monohydrate which is the oldest, most researched form. It is tried and true and is commonly seen as 'CreaPure' in today's products. It can increase muscle power, translating to strength gains and increased muscle mass.

Only 2 Reviews - Waiting for more trustworthy reviews

September 9, 2012

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Very Efficient; Good Ratio Quality/price
  • No Cons
  • No Spoon/scooper
This was my first monohydrate creatine product I have ever used and quite frankly I was very impressed. This is a simple creatine mono product nothing more nothing less but if your interested in modest gains over a roughly three month period this is a great place to start out.

I am reviewing the 200 serving/2.2 pound which for the price is a great value. Frankly I am still kind of new to the whole supplement thing, being that I am only a year into in serious supplementation (no PHs/other synthetics though) I found this to be much more effective than Kre-alkalyn but every one reacts differently so if Kre-alkalyn isn't doing the job for you this probably will. Anyways here's the breakdown:

Value (10/10): You can get a 100-90 day supply for 22 bucks of something that works very well need I say more?

Effectiveness (8/10): While there are no crazy gains to be had from this stuff, it does what it supposed to and does it well. Over a period of a little more than 3 months I gained about 9 pounds of muscle (11-12 pounds total).

Though this is obviously not solely from the mono, this stuff without a doubt helped me get over a plateau. A little background on myself I am a ectomorph and gaining weight is fairly tough for me, but when I added this to my diet I noticed a solid change in my physique overall. Allot of my complex lifts went up anywhere from 20-40 lbs. (bench and squat respectively) and allot of my basic lifts when up about 10-20 (bicep curl and tricep extension). Keep in mind these increase happened over a 3 month period

Other stuff I was on while taking Prolab Creatine Mono: MHP Up Your Mass, Muscle Meds Carnivore Protein, ON Opti-man vitamin, generic fish oil, Now ZMA.

Taste (10/10 or n/a): The reason I gave this a ten and n/a is because this stuff almost has no taste whatsoever which for me is pretty sweet because it can be mixed with anything or can just be consumed by itself. It has a slight chauky taste but unless your swinging around in your mouth or just starting to load it you won't notice.

Ease of use (9/10): For the first four days it you have to load it taking about 4, 5 gram serving which is no big deal. After that I took 2-5 gram dosages on training days and 1-5 gram serving on rest days. Very easy and dosages seem to very flexible with timing but still try to get before and after training.

Sides (10/10) It doesn't say creapure on the 2.2 lb package but I would not be surprised if it was. The only time I had bloating was when I took it before a cardio induced exercises like karate or crossfit which really isn't the product's fault, it mines for choosing a bad time for dosage. It probably only happened about 5-6 times and honestly it's wasn't even bad enough to lower intensity so Prolab's mono must be very pure. Other than that I saw zero negative side effects which helps show the quality of this tired and true product.

Overall (9/10): If you are a supplement newbie like myself and haven't tried creatine mono or this brand of mono look no further; the quality and value outweigh any excuses not to buy and try this stuff. If you're a vet to supplementation then you're probably already experienced with supplier products like Con-Cret and Green Magnitude so going back in time wouldn't make sense. All in all this is a great product and next time I have some spare change I will probably stock up with a year's supply because for the value and quality you can't go wrong. Great product. Thanks Prolab.

April 24, 2011

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Creapure
  • Very Efficient; Good Ratio Quality/price
  • No Cons
    this is the fourth creatine i've tried and the only one i have recommended to others. i bought it for the first time through GNC on "cyber monday," dirt cheap, for a double-bottle bundle - come to find out, this product is often sold bundled and often (if not always) comes with a very cheap price tag for how long it will last.

results: with other creatine products, i sometimes felt that nasty, chemically-loaded, bloated feeling. this product is pure and simple. the only thing you'll notice about it is the extra reps you push out and the lack of any real bloat. there is no color or taste and you can add it to any drinkable supplement in your stack.

*i will not give a 10 until i've tried enough creatine products to feel like a straight-up connoisseur. i'm about to try kre-alkalyn. so, we'll see if this is the absolute truth or not.