Pre-Rx Reviews

Overall
Overall
  February 20, 2015

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Good Endurance
  • Good Focus
  • Very Consistent
  • A Lot To Swallow
Thank you to Proccor for participating in the ER program, and allowing us to try their pre-workout product Pre-Rx. Pre-Rx is designed to stimulate the physical aspect of your workout, as well as the cognitive. With a solid profile designed to stimulate body and mind, Proccor takes a nice, fully disclosed approach, with clinically dosed stimulants and nootropics.

Overall 7.2

I wasn't exactly sure what to expect from this product, I hadn't heard of Proccor before this opportunity, but I was intrigued by the profile and claims. Pre-Rx claims to have the ability to deliver 30% more caffeine into the blood stream, supported by potent nootropics for an "unparalleled sensory experience." I must say I was a bit skeptical in the beginning, but as I furthered my experience with this product, I realized that Proccor was on to something here. Quite simply, the more I used it, the more I liked it.

Effectiveness: 8

This product delivers as stated. Great support in physical energy, output, and stamina. Along with what many other pre-works lack, great mental focus and drive. Not simply through a rush of energy or a stimmed out sensation, but a lasting gradual effect to get you all the way through your session. No crash and no let down, which is essential in my workouts. I found Pre-Rx especially useful in longer, high volume sessions. The lasting energy and focus allowed for higher rep ranges, and even the ability to add a few more sets overall. I wouldn't use this product for a quick rush or a short low rep session which you are attempting a single one rep max, but for longer more enduring sessions in which you need to last.

Profile: 8.8

Serving Size: 1 Scoop (8.94 Grams)
Servings Per Container: 30

Euphoric Surge
Dendrobium Extract - 100 mg

Absorption Enhancer
BioPerine - 6 mg

A lot of goodies in here. Nothing that supplied mind blowing pumps, or a kick in the teeth rush some may desire. But again, a delivery of sustained effective energy. Hence the extended release energy, which is a trade mark Caffeine-pTeroPure pterostilbene co-crystal. I really don't even know what that is, but it worked. BioPerine for enhanced absorption, which is needed, there is a lot of product to put down in a serving of this. Niacin, and a good amount of B vitamins for energy, and mental support. Along with a "Euphoric surge" which was present after taking about 45 minutes after consumption. the best part, full disclosure, and no dye and no fillers. A huge plus in my book.

Taste/Mix ability: 5

The least enjoyable part of the experience with this product. Flavor, sour apple which I typically love. Had the label not had Sour Green Apple on it in bright green, I never would have guessed that to be the flavor. I have stated many times before that the flavor of a Pre-workout means nothing if it works, so Pre-Rx gets a pass in this category, but the amount of water needed to properly mix this, makes the taste a bit more difficult to handle. This requires a least 12 ounces of water per scoop, and even with that there is a good bit of grit, powder, and sediment which doesn't fully dissolve. Now there is nearly 9g of product per scoop, so that is somewhat expected. But a bit much to swallow none the less. Especially for someone that requires 1.5 heavy scoops to get the full effective dose per body weight and stimulant tolerance. I much prefer a small amount of liquid, and a straight shot down, regardless of flavor or pleasantry. This product does not allow for that. No one wants to chug 240z of liquid right before a workout, but with this I found that it took about 45 minutes to achieve the fully desired effect. So I would mix up a nice shaker cup full, and sip on it generously well before my workout. Giving the liquid time to settle, and the profile a good amount of time to kick in. Once this is achieved, it is well worth the wait, but users may have to adjust their routine slightly.

Value: 6.5

You get what you pay for with this product. I am confident that the ingredients are pure, and again they are fully disclosed. The product works and delivers as advertised, which is somewhat rare in the world of supplements. Yet there are a few things which hinder the overall value of this product. It is not widely distributed as of yet, which will always cause the price to remain on the higher side of the spectrum. At an average of $37 dollar for 30 servings, this hits above the $1 per serving that I like to live by. Divulge into the fact that I use 1.5 generous scoops per workout, the value take s a bit more of a hit.

Overall: 7.4

I truly think that Proccor is headed in the right direction with this product. I feel as though with a little refinement, literally and figuratively, this could be a hit. There is no way to lessen the amount of substance you are putting in your cup, without hurting the effectiveness. The fully disclosed label is great, with a great effective profile. The powder could use refined a bit, along with the flavor, simply due to the amount that you must consume. I feel this is could go a long way for flavor sensitive consumers. this is definitely worth a try however, even at the given price. If this becomes more widely available, and could even settle at roughly $30 a tub, I will certainly be adding this to my pantry on a regular basis for the effect that it delivers. It is a very nice, effective change of pace from the average pre-workout for sure.