Pre-Rx Reviews

Overall
Overall
  January 3, 2015

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Good Endurance
  • Good Focus
  • Very Consistent
  • Very Well Balanced

I received this via the ER program. What piqued my curiosity was the inclusion of L-Aspartic Acid and GMS - 2 ingredients that aren't all that common in today's pwo market but can help with muscle endurance.

There's a whole bunch of stuff in this stuff, lol. Although broken down into sub categories, each ingredient is fully disclosed, so a big plus there.

Performance:
    L-Aspartic Acid - 3000 mg

Focus/Pump:
    L-Tyrosine - 2500 mg, GMS - 1500mg, Phenylethylamine HCL - 300mg, Red Ginsing - 250 mg

Energy:
    Caffeine - 150mg, L-Theanine - 100mg, Caffeine co-crystals - 100mg, Denobrium - 100mg

Absorption:
    BioPerine - 6mg

Altogether a pretty solid mix that attempts to hit all the major categories. Like I said earlier, the L-Aspartic Acid stood out for me. This is the second product that I've reviewed with the caffeine co-crystals and as before, I find them to provide really solid and smooth longer lasting energy but not much kick on the front side; fortunately the other energy components provide that punch.

It's also got a combination of B vitamins, niacin, folic acid, etc. Personally I'm never quite sure how effective these are in a pwo since most of us should be getting these from overall diet or other supplements, but a nice addition all the same.

But like I said - kudos for full disclosure. In addition, Proccor's website highlights the quality control standards that they use and for me, that's worth a great deal when considering the flood of cheap foreign ingredients that are out there.

Pretty standard pwo/chemical flavor. I had the sour green apple and it's pretty mild - nothing over the top like Stimul8 or Cellucor green apple and not a big deal for me as pwo flavor is pretty much a non issue. It did mix very smoothly with little to no clumping or residue. Dosing was a single scoop except as noted below.

I found this to be a good all around performer; nothing too flashy in any single aspect but solid and complete and well balanced across the board. I got good energy and alertness (I train at 0530 so that matters) and it never wigged me out or left me feeling jittery. If you're a stim-junkie, then this will probably leave you wanting more - on a few really tough mornings I used a scoop and a half and that did the trick but of course, the value would just plummet if you had to resort to that every time. But for me, it was fine at a single scoop for lasting energy support.

Overall this provided fine support for my training sessions and that's all that I really require from any supplement. And even though a product like S-Line Incite is just way stronger, I actually prefer a more evenly balanced pwo like this for 95% of my training sessions. (The 5% being those mornings that I blame my gf for keeping me up too late the night before, lol.)

Finally, this was extremely consistent from start to finish - something that you don't get with a lot of pwo products as they tend to decrease in effectiveness as you use them. That's another big plus in my book.

This sells online for around $37.00, which gives you 30 servings, so over a dollar (like $1.23) per serving at one scoop. I'm going to say that that's a bit high in my opinion, although in the overall picture, if a pwo works for you then I wouldn't sweat the difference. But there are certainly a wide variety of solid pwo products in the sub $30.00 neighborhood so that has to be considered. If this were in that group then this would be a fantastic value; as it is, when considered just on price, it's lower in the value category.

Conclusion

This is the first product that I've tried from Proccor and I'm happy with the results. Like most products from newer companies, it's priced a bit high, but it delivered a solid performance and I really like the use of quality, fully disclosed ingredients. (And I can't overemphasize that enough - cheap, low cost products get made with cheap, low-cost ingredients so don't get obsessed with price)

I rate this as a product that I do not hesitate to recommend and would certainly use again myself. Give it a try - I think the results will surprise you.

• PROCCOR
      Rep for this Brand
      January 3, 2015

Thank you for the honest and in-depth review of Pre-Rxâ„¢!

I was glad to hear your feedback on the consistent energy and no jitterness - this was our number 1 goal when we made the formula. PURENERGY® (Caffeine pTeroPure® Co-Crystal) is truly a unique compoundand although it doesn't provide that initial "kick" from standalone caffeine, it provides a host of benefits and allows for a consistent energy every time. Unfortunately, it's a very expensive compound (~50x more than regular caffeine) and the few companies that have it in their products use a dose much lower than we do (which is why Pre-Rx™ is priced slightly higher than most). For reference, theinclusion of the 100mg dose of PURENERGY® we utilize costs almost as much as most competitors' pre-workouts including bottling and labeling.

In addition, we also HPLC/USP/ICP/3RD Party (the Pre-Rx test can be found on our facebook page) and manufacture all of our products in our cGMP, NSF, NSF For Sport, FDA Registered/Inspected, Certified Organic Facility under pharmaceutical grade processing - which again translates to the slightly higher price tag.

Again, thank you for your honest feedback and i'm glad to hear you enjoyedPre-Rxâ„¢!

-Ross

• eddiev2
      January 5, 2015

How was the non-stim side of things, the focus and pump? Those ingredients seem simple and to the point and I was curious about that.

• lava135
      January 5, 2015

Eddie - solid focus, however if pump was a priority I would look at something like Athletix High Volume, which is a pure pump product that I'm currently using and love. Muscle Feast Raw is another really good pump pwo that comes to mind as well.

• lava135
      January 5, 2015

Oops - High volume is now a PES product. lol - my bad.