Iron Gym Extreme Reviews

By: Pro Fit

Other Products > Accessories
Iron Gym Extreme is a Workout Accessory manufactured by Pro Fit. It is designed to be used in conjunction with your workout routine to assist with specific exercises or goals.

Only 8 Reviews - Waiting for more trustworthy reviews

September 26, 2011

• Not For Beginner
This pullup bar is awesome, very versatile and easy to use, also doesnt take up much room since it hooks onto your door haha

The Iron Gym can be used to work your biceps, inner back, lats, traps, and chest..

But what i really like about this is that you can set it down on the floor and bust out pushups and tricep dips but i would recommend putting your feet on something such as a bed or coffee table to make the dips effective.

If you want to really explode on pullups and build some solid muscle then you can strap weights around your waist and bang out a few sets to failure.

Im not to sure how to rate the value because i recieved it as a gift but seems like its not to expensive for what you can do with it.

Overall i would recommend this pullup bar to anyone who is already fit or can at least manage to do pullups, only bad thing about it is it left black marks on my white door frame but that can easily be painted over.

July 27, 2011

• Max Weight Load Of 260lbs
This product doesn't get all 10s, but it is damn good for what it is. Like I said with my Perfect Pushups, I've had this one for a while yet neglected to review it.

If you wanna add some with and thickness to your back, and get some more definition in your biceps, this is a great tool to have. Pulls ups were a weak exercise for me, but after using this bad boy for awhile I can say they're now a strong point. Calisthenics are very underrated, due to the fact you just use your body as resistance instead of weightloads beyond that. Don't get me wrong, I love lifting heavy weight and will consider to do so, but if you want to build some dense functional muscle, the pull up can do that for you.

The downside to this product is, it can only handle 260 lbs. I weigh 230, and I'm at the point where I can add weight to my pull ups, but I fear if I take it too high I may mess up the bar. So I never add more than 20lbs for safety purposes.

I highly recommend to everyone who wants a better back, and then again, who doesn't?

• The Foam Can Stain If Used Often
I've been using this pullup bar for p90x. I've done p90x on this pullup bar ~120 days total and it is still holding up well. For those who do not know what p90x is, it is a body transformation program which is often used for cutting because it is not the best program for bulking. The program has the user doing thousands of pullups throughout the program (over the course of months).

It is a very effective pull up bar and it has never failed me yet, nor has it broken once. I started out doing a max of 6 very good pullups and now im doing up to 20 during my workouts and more than that when im fresh so obviously its helping me strengthen my back muscles.

I highly suggest taping up the door frame where the pullup bar makes contact. This is because the black coloring used on the foam can actually rub off, staining the door frame, especially if you have a white door frame like I do.

The pullup bar takes up very little space however it takes up enough space to not fit in every single door frame the way you want it. It can be blocked by walls if they are close enough. My room is at the end of a hallway and the walls are close enough to make putting up the pullup bar impossible.

It is a surprisingly sturdy pullup bar but i did notice that when you are jerking around on it, it can move making certain moves dangerous particularly switching grips mid pullup or doing plyo pullups (i do not reccomend doing them on this bar)

If you are looking for a convenient pullup bar that doesnt cost too much and can fit on at least one door frame in your house. I would choose this one over the various ones that i have scene primarily for its sleek design, comfortable grips, multiple uses (you can put it on the floor and using the padded back as pushup bars that will not move... brilliant lol).

• Foam Splits.
I purchased this for $30 about a year ago from a sporting goods store (Dick's or Modell's, can't remember) and have since seen it cheaper in BJ's and Marshall's. You can probably get it for around $20.

I always lacked a good solid lat exercise in my home routine, relying on DB rows and such to compensate, but of course nothing can replace a good pull up. This apparatus does wonders. I bought it because I was starting p90x and it's excellent for those workouts, but it also adds a lot of versatility to a typical back day. This really allowed me to gain width and core strength, and I increased my pull-up max from 4-5 to 10+. My legs are thick and heavy so this is a great tool for building back strength.

I highly recommend this, as it is easy to set up, a great value, and takes up very little space. The only downside is black scuffs from the foam on the door frame (easy to clean) and the foam actually splitting where the stress lies on the bar. Some others have mentioned this and you may have to tape it up after a while, I probably will soon.

All in all, works great. Very simple, very effective, and highly recommended.

• Not For Beginner
So I got this sometime ago before I signed up for my gym membership. It cost me around $30 at models and it just came with the bar... no ab straps.

Installation: 10/10 - easily assembled and installed in the door way. Holds well and easily to remove.

Price: 8/10 - Not too bad could be more.

Here is my problem with this product. Its advertised as an all around gym, to use for chest, triceps, back, biceps, abs etc... However, when I first got it I was so overweight that I could not even do one pull-up... so it was completely useless to me at that point.

It was not until after I began hitting the gym hard, lost a ton of weight and gained serious amount of strength that I can now fully use this for my back with pull-ups, chin ups etc... This is good if you have a day off or no time for the gym, to do some upper body routines.

Also I purchased the Ab-Straps for $20 to use with this for Ab exercise.

All in all... descent product but def not for the beginner, more for intermediate to advanced home exercises.

June 23, 2011

• Rubs Off Paint Of Door
My old pullup bar broke in the middle of using it, and I've had this one for about 2 months now. Paid 30$ at Dick's and most pullup bars are 20$ but what sets this one apart are the wide grip extensions. if you are looking at pullup bars for p90x, this is the one you want, since you'll be doing alot of wide grip pullups. Well worth the extra 10$. pretty easy to assemble. Make sure you use it on door that you dont mind scuffing up with black marks too. I use mine in the basement for that reason.

March 5, 2011

• Takes Up Very Little Space
    This is another one of things that just seems to make working out easier to me.Its not hard,its not heavy and it makes it easier on my wrist for pushups.It makes me workout more because its lightweight and I just leave it laying around my room and Ill pick it up and do some pullups or pushups real quick,when I first bought this thing I could do like 4 pullups,now I can do almost 13.One of the best investments Ive made,its weird how the cheapest things can be so useful if they are what your looking for.It replaced alot of workouts for me and takes up less space.

February 2, 2011

• Rubs Off Paint Of Door
    I Originally bought the regular iron gym bar, after a few months, I gave that one away and bought the extreme bar for the wider pullups. These are great if you don't have any other way to put up a bar at your house, or like me, want to use it at work (fire house). The best thing about this bar is that it has pads, so it was more comfortable on my dumbell calloused hands. Like the other review says, this bar will wear the paint off of your door trim and leave some round dents in it after a lot of use. Also after a while, the round pads split where they contacted the door frame, so I had to tape them up. Also, do not even think about doing kipping pullups on these, just keep its straight up and down.
    Before you buy this make sure that you have a door under 32" wide.