ALPHA STATUS Pre-Workout Powder has been reported as discontinued.

Check out the top-ranked products in Pre-Workout > Stimulant

ALPHA STATUS Pre-Workout Powder Reviews

By: Primordic Labs

ALPHA STATUS Pre-Workout Powder is a Pre-Workout manufactured by Primordic Labs. It is designed to help provide a pre-training advantage by increasing mental focus, muscle performance, endurance and blood flow. This creates an environment optimal for increasing muscle mass and losing body fat.

ALPHA STATUS Pre-Workout Powder has been reported as discontinued.

Check out the top-ranked products in Pre-Workout > Stimulant

• Solid Focus
  • No Dyes
  • Gut Wrenching Taste
  • Some Ingredients Underdosed
Every so often we will get a Product (typically a Pre-Workout), that will set a new standard in the game.. Alpha Status by Primordic Labs definitely raised the bar when formulating this product and staying with a full label disclosure. With each product that we are able to review I feel we do become a bit particular and want to mold it how the PWO would perform best for us, but I feel this type of feedback is very beneficial as we are not hired "Yes Men or Ladies" but a true thorough reviewers. Anyways, no one product is ever perfect even if the label is a dream come true! Eventually you stop focusing on what clinical dosages are and how this dose was effective in that product but not in this one. Soon you come to realize that the clinical dosages are the most effective range for that ingredient, but is still effective at lower dosages. Such is the case for several ingredients on this label, but did it work? How far is it? Why does it matter?

First off MAJOR props to Primordic Labs for making this product fully disclosed, as we hear how hard it is to keep a competitive product out there without hiding dosages yet a new company like this is willing to stick their neck out to give the consumer what they are asking for. I will not be going over every ingredient, but some of the highlights: Vitamin C is always nice as it is beneficial for N.O. production leading to pumps along with it being a cheap ingredient (300mg is great), great to see many of these Vitamins here which help with many things including energy, only 250mg of Caffeine and only one form so it will not satisfy everyone but will allow for many to 1.5 scoop it or 2 scoop it if they dare, a HEFTY dose of Taurine at 3g which is great and a solid addition for energy, they put more Agmatine Sulfate than most Pre-Workouts by double at 1.2g which is more than enough to make you feel like a tank post workout, and NALT is here at more than need 750mg which is fine by me. Yes they have creatine, and also don't forget to mention the natural flavoring along with the Beet Powder for coloring which gives us no dyes!

Eleuthero Root is a new one for me, but basically just like any herb it has many great benefits: energy, better mental concentration, improve strength, increased stamina, decreased stress, enhances immunity, stimulates sexual function, improves sleep, helps the body during times of oxygen deprivation, enhances cardiovascular function, and improves overall athletic performance. Need I say more? Well 500mg is a great dose, which seems to be appropriate but on the lower end.

Betaine Anhydrous is under dosed here by a whole 1.5g, giving us only 1g which is sad to say but as in the first paragraph I stated "..still effective at lower dosages" but do take into consideration that the Clinical data normally shows us the continued use of the ingredient used daily, so if you are not getting near the most effective dose when you do use it then you will definitely not see the full potential of it. Next up is the Beta Alanine which is also shy of the Clinical Dosage by 1g, and that can be a game changer believe me.

Overall the ingredient profile is a heavy start for Primordic Labs and I feel they just need to tweak it a bit more by bring up the dosages of Betaine and BA, and if they could knock the Eleuthero Root up by a half gram I believe we will have a solid winner on formulation!

YUCK! Seriously I have not tasted a Pre-Workout so foul before, and the first time I felt like I was going to vomit! Yes it is dye free being colored with Beet Powder which I think is the main issue with the taste, and I would prefer it be without the Beet and be more clear.. Mixability was really good with little to no foam, and the sinkers on the bottom I assume was Creatine and I am fine with that (read my previous reviews on why Creatine is better when less dissolved). Dosing wise I did 1 scoop for the first 10 times, but eventually went with 1.5 scoops to see the how effective it would be when more rounded on the full profile, and then went to 2 scoops on those feet dragging days which was almost too much to handle. 30 minutes before the gym was enough for me to be primed with focus, while the later pump/energy/endurance came into play within the warm up time frame.

Effectiveness (9.1/10)
This is where I feel other companies could learn from Primordic Labs, because what they have in this Pre-Workout was sick and I am not talking about the flavor! I felt short of a heart attack the first use of this product (exaggeration, even with 250mg it was solid on the HR scale), and the NALT always hits me so well! I started getting the tunnel vision with the first sip, but it still stays with you into the workout yet the increased blood flow will overpower some of it from going heavy/increased activity. So let me say that the focus was a solid 8.5/10, and that is based upon 1 scoop even! When you add in the second scoop (Lord Forbid), or even the 1/2 scoop it becomes a solid 9.2/10! The Strength and Endurance was great with this, but could be better with the additional 1g of Beta Alanine and Betaine. I felt the weights did become a bit lighter than normal, but nothing crazy as I smashed through my workouts. I have had better endurance workouts while supplementing Dextrose (Pre3), so for me the it was around an 8/10. Who ordered a Pump? Did you know that the Pump is better than c**ing? No lie because Arnie said so himself ;) Seriously the Pump was more towards 9.4/10 at 1 scoop, and pretty much off the charts when you double scoop it lol. For me the effectiveness is an weighted average of about 9.1 based on 1/1.5/2 scoops, where it was more an 8.8 alone at 1 scoop which I feel is above the average PWO.

Value (8.4/10)
These boys/girls are working on selling this product on their Brand's Site, which is going to cost you more than elsewhere but currently you can only buy it from them. They do offer free shipping, which if I was to take the standard $5.95 cost out of their $42 product I would find it being more suited on the value.. So for $42 you get 30 servings, which is $1.40 a serving and $2.10 if you are 1.5 scooping it! But you are getting a solid profile, and if Primordic was to take my suggestions I would feel the $1.40 serving cost would be great. Until then it is more average in the Value for me.

Overall (8.8/10)
Primordic Labs sounds like a Viking name, and they were known for being tough and gruesome just like Alpha Status was.. Too bad the gruesome part ended up being the taste of this product, because it was very difficult for me to consume regularly. All I have to say is that you need to knock it back and put little water, because it will linger less in after taste. I definitely would recommend Alpha Status to anyone looking for a solid PWO, but if you want something that taste good I could not tell you truthfully that this would be my pick.

Recommendations
Primordic, I felt this product delivered very well at the recommended dosage and I feel that if the Betaine/BA wasn't "dosed less than the clinically recommended dosage" that I would not have had to try 1.5/2 scoops. That being said I would recommend you increase those two ingredients, up the Eleuthero Root to 750mg/1g range, and redo the flavoring completely. Thank you sincerely for allowing us the opportunity to try and review your product, and I hope to see more of you guys on SR.
  • Raspberry Lemonade: 1/10

October 27, 2015

• Good Focus
  • Good Pump

First off I want to thank Primordic Labs for participating in the SR Troop program and allowing Troopers to review Alpha Status. This is a company I didn't know anything about and after doing some research I thought it was worth a try to review their pre-workout. I noticed they didn't use any fancy gimmics or b.s. claims, they just use straight up facts. Primordic Labs sent me over a 30 serving tub of Raspberry Lemonade flavored Alpha Status in exchange for an honest review.

The first thing I noticed about Alpha Status was the non-proprietary blend that is broken up and easy to read. There are 4 different categories listed on the tub: Strength/Endurance Matrix, Energy Matrix, Pump Matrix, Focus Amplifier. All of these ingredients seem to be dosed solidly and research backed. During these reviews I like to go over 1-2 ingredients some people may never heard of:

Eleuthero Root: Also known as Siberian ginseng, a plant in which people use the root of the plant to make medicine. In addition to being used as an adaptogen, Siberian ginseng is used for conditions of the heart and blood vessels such as high blood pressure, low blood pressure, hardening of the arteries (atherosclerosis), and rheumatic heart disease. http://www.webmd.com/vitamins-supplements/ingredientmono-985-ginseng,%20siberian.aspx?activeingredientid=985&activeingredientname=ginseng,%20siberian

Research backed - This is the first well-conducted study that shows that 8-week ES supplementation enhances endurance capacity, elevates cardiovascular functions and alters the metabolism for sparing glycogen in recreationally trained males. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21793317

Taste- This is not for the weak, I'm sure some people do like the flavor but I'm not one of them. However I'm not one to base a review solely on flavor, since I believe in the tastes bad/works good theory. - Thanks to bosox516 for the words. You can really taste the beet root powder along with the raspberry lemonade. I tend to chug down my pre-workouts for the most part so this didn't bother me at all.

Mixability- Alpha Status mixed up good, there was some clumping with a few scoops left in the tub. However all of those hard clumps dissolved after a few seconds of shaking in my blender bottle.

Dosing- I followed the suggested usage: mixing 1 scoop with 6-8 oz of water and consume 30 minutes before training. Never at one time did I feel like I had to go over 1 scoop.

This is where the product shined, like I said I mixed 1 scoop of Alpha Status 30 minutes before training. Within minutes I felt that tingling feeling from the beta-alanine.

You can find a 30 serving tub of Alpha Status on the Primordic Labs website for $42 with free shipping. Each serving will cost around $1.40 which is pretty good considering you know exactly what your getting. This hit on all categories a pre-workout should: Strength, Energy, Endurance, Pump, and Focus. Each of these categories were all felt during training, especially the focus strength/endurance category. I felt like I was getting stronger and stronger after each set adding some weight to my compound lifts, although 5-10lbs doesn't seem like much but coming from a pre-workout seems like alot to me.

Side Effects

(None)

Conclusion

This is a very solid pre-workout supplement that hits on all cylinders. I would definitely recommend this product to my family and friends while buying a few more tubs for myself. It would be awesome to see if they decided to add new flavors in the future. Don't let the taste deter you from getting some great workouts using Alpha Status.
  • Raspberry Lemonade: 4/10

October 23, 2015

Cons:

(Background info on yourself, diet, experience, goals, first thoughts on the product and how you discovered SR)
Huge thank you to SR and Primordic Labs for letting me try Alpha Status pre-workout. I would also like to say thanks to primordic labs for their support of the SR troop program. This is a great way to try new product from varies supplement companies. I was really excited when this product came up for review because I have never heard of primordic labs before so I really wanted to try it. I also liked the fact that this is full disclosed so you know exactly what you are getting. Also that they use natural flavoring which is really nice to see. This review is for a full 30 serving container. Now let's go see how alpha status does as a pre-workout.

(Your thoughts on the ingredients/label of the product)
The Ingredient profile is pretty simple. The great thing about the pre-workout there is no unnecessary fillers, no artificial sweeteners, no microdosing ingredients, no proprietary blends, and no nonsense. Alpha status has a four part system to their pre-workout. First you have a strength/endurance matrix: which is beta-alanine (as carnosyn) 2.3g, micronized creatine monhydrate 3g, betaine anhydrous 1g. Alpha status uses a nice mix for their strength/endurance to help you push though those workouts where you want to lift some heavy weight while training like an animal. Second you have the energy matrix: which is caffeine anhdrous 250mg, and taurine 3g. Taurine is a nice addition because it helps muscle maintenance and increased nitric oxide production, which in turn causes an increase in oxygenated blood flow to the muscles. Third you have a pump matrix: agmatine sulfate 1.5g, and eleuthero root 500mg. I really wish agmatine sulfate was used in more pre-workout this stuff hits you will have the pump of your life during your workout. This is my first time using a pre-workout that also has eleuthero root in it which is made famous by their athletes and astronauts to enhance energy and stamina. Fourth is the focus amplifier: N-acetyl l-tyrosine 750mg, and CDP choline 100mg. N-acetyl l-tyrosine is an amino acid is critical for a number of different bodily functions such as cognitive processes, building muscles, and cell growth and recovery. CDP choline is a substance needed by the brain to produce acetylcholine' a major brain/motor neuron neurotransmitter that facilitates the transmission of impulses between neurons. Did someone say FOCUS!

The flavor I received was raspberry lemonade. It looked more like blood orange because of the beet root powder. The taste was pretty bad it was really hard to drink and left a really bitter aftertaste. They use natural flavoring, beet powder, and stevia. You mix 1 scoop with 6 to 8oz of water 30 minutes before training.

Yes I did become alpha status while taking this pre-workout. Primordic Labs did a great job with this product. The focus aspect made you feel like you were here to crush some weight. I also really like the agmatine sulfate the pumps were out of this world. Alpha status was solid from the beginning to the end. It really help on the days where I would go to the gym later in the day after work. It gave me the focus drive and strength to lift heavy. I was so intense while taking this nobody would even look at me. The euphoria I got from the nootropic aid really help me on the days when I would do less working sets but heavier weight. I was also able to hit some PR on dumbbell chest moving 180lb weight for singles. The other aspect of alpha status I like is each workout keep getting better the more I used this product. The increase strength I got was killer there's nothing like doing 340lb on a seated shoulder press machine using the whole stack then telling yourself let's add some 45's on here. Alpha status totally lived up to the named lift after lift.

On the primordic labs website a 30 serving container goes for 42.00 plus free shipping which is a 1.40 a serving. Not bad if you want to hit a PR during your workout.

Side Effects

zero side effects

Conclusion

Primordic Labs did a great job with this pre-workout. I would totally buy this again and recommend this to anyone that needs a solid pre-workout. It's also nice to know what you are getting with this product. Nothing is hiding no proprietary blends and all of that garbage.