Super Laxo has been reported as discontinued.

Check out the top-ranked products in Growth Enhancers > Prohormones

Super Laxo Reviews

By: Primeval Labs

FORUM TOPICS

Growth Enhancers > Prohormones
Super Laxo is a Prohormone manufactured by Primeval Labs. It is a synthetic version of hormones or hormone precursors that increase muscle strength, size and stamina, and can additionally aid in fat loss.

Super Laxo has been reported as discontinued.

Check out the top-ranked products in Growth Enhancers > Prohormones

March 23, 2016

• Increased Appetite
  • Head Aches
  • Smelly Urine

Hi everybody! So this is my first review on this homepage. First of all, I must apologize for my grammar because Im not a "native" english speaking person. So I bought this product after I asked(on this page) if this was a prohormone or not. Iam 27 and have some injuries due to MMA-Training in my early twenties (1&2th grade hip-arthrosis & bicep-tenodesis). So I was looking for a product, which would help me build muscle faster and of course slowing down inflammation in my body (especially in the areas mentioned before.) Iam a big fan of Bios3 & Jerry Ward, so I came to this product.

Same as mentioned in the previous reviews.

No smell or taste. Recommended dosage 3-6 Pills split into a minimum of 2 servings.
I started of with one pill, because I know that I react pretty quick to new substances in my body. (Call me sensitive)

As mentioned before I started the first week with one pill. I didnt notice anything. In the second week I took 4 pills, spread throughout the day (7.am / 10.am / 12.am / 15.am) In this week I started to notice, that I lost water under my skin. So I look a bit sharper. (Currently weighing 190lbs @ height 6'1) I also noticed that my eyes felt dryer and I always woke up with a dry mouth.

The 3rd week I started to use the full dosage of 6 Pills (morning/lunch/evening). Now this is the moment where the side effects started to kick in harder. The dryness in my eyes & mouth. A new addition to the side effects were, that I had headaches in the morning but they disappeared in the afternoon. I noticed a slight strength gain but this could be placebo. Worth mentioning is that I was always hungry. 1 hour after eating lunch my stomach was making noises. So dont get me wrong, but Iam currently bulking and in a caloric surplus and I didnt felt this kind of hunger before(just in cutting :D ).

The 4th week was pretty much the same but in the 5th i quit taking the product because the headaches started to be constant and my urine started to smell arkward. I also had lower back pain which could be of the high amount of weighted pull ups I was doing but I made the link with the smelling urine. Strength gain stopped so far because I didnt feel very well.

I build muscle & lost a little bit of fat, I'll attach the result of inbody 400 scale.

I cant tell if its cheap or expensiv, its my first laxoproduct - I ordered it from the primeval labs homepage for 59.99

Side Effects

-head aches
-smelly urine

Conclusion

I think this product worked, but the side effects were too strong for me.

Overall
Overall
5.6
  February 23, 2016

• Not Liver Toxic
  • A Bit Pricey

I am here to review Super Laxo by Primeval Labs. When I first claimed this product, the original bottle was lost in the mail. After three or four weeks without receiving the bottle, Primeval Labs was nice enough to send out a second bottle so I was able to try the product. Shortly after having the second bottle sent out, the original bottle must have been found at the sorting facility and was delivered to me within a couple days of receiving the other bottle. I was then able to run two bottles consecutively for about two months to try and gauge its full effects.

5A-Hydroxy-Laxogenin is a plant-based compound that supposedly has anabolic effects similar to steroids. Super Laxo contains 20 mg of Laxogenin per pill. It does not need any support supplements run alongside it, is not toxic to the liver, and does not affect testosterone. Primeval Labs claims that there were studies done that show Laxogenin increases protein synthesis by up to 200%. It is shown to regulate cortisol levels and can act as an anti-inflammatory.

Taste/Dosing

Taste: Pill form. Powder inside does not even really have a taste to it.

Dosing: Label states to take three to six capsules per day split into a minimum of two servings. I used three pills per day for the first week to see how I would react to it, then took three pills twice a day for the remainder of the eight weeks. I would normally do three in the morning and three post workout on training days and three in the morning and three before bed on off days.

From what I read about the Laxogenin before claiming the product, I was hoping to see some strength gains after the first week of taking this. I did not notice much after the first week, but I was not taking it at a full dosage so I increased the servings. Even during the second and third weeks, I did not notice much more strength increases during the 5/3/1 program I was on for a while. I felt I almost stalled altogether on strength and ended up switching my routine. I gained two pounds over the course of the first bottle going from 205 to a little over 207. I read that the size gains came at the end of the first bottle and more in the second bottle.

During my second bottle I changed my routine from a 5/3/1 to GVT. This is where I'm noticing more strength gains, but I think it is due more to the switch in routine than the supplement. I did notice an increase in weight during the second bottle. I was consuming an average of about 4,000 calories a day with no cardio. I gained eight pounds over the course of the second bottle starting at 207 and finishing at about 215. Could it have been from the increase of calories and change in routine? Sure, but I would like to think Super Laxo aided in this regard.

My recovery was not much improved in any way and I did not notice better joint health as other users noted.

I found this on Amazon for right under $50. For about a month's worth it is pricey for the results I got. $100 for two bottles seems a bit much to me anyway. Yes the ten pound weight gain was nice and it was also a plus that no other supplements had to be taken in conjunction with this product, but $100 is a lot to drop on a two month supply on a natural supplement that may work.

Side Effects

No side effects.

Conclusion

I was really excited to try this one because of the few articles I found stating it has similar effects to steroids, but it safe to use. A ten pound weight gain is nice and everything, but if you look at my chart, five of those pounds came at very end of the cycle. Disregard that final week, and I gained five pounds over the other seven or so weeks. This one might be a little out of my price range to run again. Thank you Primeval Labs for the chance to try this and for being so kind to send a second bottle when the first one was lost in the mail.

January 15, 2016

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Joint Health
  • Good Recomping Agent
  • Not Liver Toxic
  • A Bit Pricey
I received one bottle of this product through the TROOPS program, and used it while on the Madcow 5x5 program. The directions state to take 3-6 capsules divided into evenly-split doses. For the first two weeks, I took 3 caps in the morning followed by 2 caps around 12 hours later. I didn't notice much effect, so I upped my dosage to the maximum of 6 caps per day for the rest of my run, taking 2 caps upon waking in the morning, 2 caps at lunch, and then 2 before bed. I felt that this dosing protocol worked best for me. For reference, I am 33 years old, 6 feet tall, and around 225 lbs.

Ingredient Profile:
=========================

Laxogenin (5a-Hydroxy Laxogenin) is a plant-based compound that is currently being marketed as a natural way to increase strength, increase protein synthesis, regulate cortisol, and reduce inflammation. I was interested in trying this because it supposedly does not affect testosterone levels, and is not liver toxic, which makes it an appealing option for people like me looking for a little something extra but not quite ready to go the prohormone route.

Effectiveness: 8.0
=========================

This is the first product of this type I have ever used or reviewed, so I have no basis for comparison. However, based on my cursory google searches for studies done on laxogenin in the past, I was expecting to possibly see some modest strength gains, a possible endurance boost/lessened fatigue, improved joint health, and a slight increase in lean mass. I'll divide the effectiveness of this product for me into two categories for quick reference: Performance and Body Composition.

Performance: 7.0
---------------------------------------------

I did not notice very much in the way of performance benefits throughout my roughly 5-6 week run of this. I hit a few PR's in the big lifts during my run, but it is hard to say exactly how much of the progress was due to the supplement and how much was due to my diet and training at the time. I will say, though, that I also never experienced any joint pain, which is consistent with others' accounts I've read as well. All in all, I feel that Super Laxo probably was working in the background for me, but its effect was very subtle and hard to notice.

Body Composition: 9.0
---------------------------------------------

I started noticing a slight, but noticeable muscle fullness starting around week 3, and kept it for pretty much the remainder of my run. I also started noticing more definition in my shoulders, chest, and arms, even though my diet never changed and I was eating at maintenance the entire time. Several coworkers and one guy at the gym commented at different times about how I was looking "bigger", and I honestly felt bigger. I basically felt like I had a slight pump throughout the day, which was awesome. This was by far the most enjoyable aspect of using this for me.

---------------------------------------------
Side Effects: None
---------------------------------------------

I experienced no side effects whatsoever while using this.

Value: 7.0
=========================

I have found that a bottle of Super Laxo sells for $45 - $60 online, which is very pricey in my opinion considering the relatively modest benefits I noticed. However, I would definitely jump on it if I found it on sale or if there was a BOGO available.

=========================
Overall: 7.5
=========================

I think this is a good product and would highly recommend it to someone looking for a good recomping agent, but does not want to use prohormones or ostarine. The price is the only drawback. Although I used this as a standalone with decent results, I think this would be an excellent addition to an AI/natty test booster stack to recomp before the summer.

January 2, 2016

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Joint Health
  • BP Issues A Few Times

Have always been a big fan of Laxogenin and also a big fan of Primeval so when they put a standalone product of it on the TROOPer menu I had to grab it. At the time of this I was lifting heavy and often and my joints were starting to bother me. For me that is the main benefit I get out of Lax products, and what I judge them based on.

Just 20mg per pill of Laxogenin a plant based steroidal, as with most of Primevals products they went with a lower dosage per cap to make it more adaptable to the users needs. In most cases I like that, but with Lax I feel like I need at least 100mg a day and I have trouble with pills so opening up 5 caps a day was annoying but that's just for me not most normal people will have an issue.

The taste for most people will be non existant, but if you do open the cap it tastes like mist plant based things, a little like dirt. Dosing can be 3-6 caps spread out throughout the day, I took mine 2 in the am 2before workout and 2 before bed.

Like mentioned above I judged this based on joint help and repair, although others have reported strength gains and leaning out noticeably, I just didn't see those results. I did however notice quite an improvement in joint problems, less popping in my knee joints and shoulder problems improved slightly as well. They didn't improve quite as much as when I used a transdermal product Lax, but still I could tell a big difference. I didn't lean out and got a little stronger, but I was eating a lot and not exactly quality food either.

You can find this for around $45 which is about right with other Lax products on the market.

Side Effects

I did have some slight blood pressure issues after my workouts on a couple of occasions, I cant blame that entirely on this, but thought it was worth mentioning.

Conclusion

Thanks to Primeval for continuing to allow the TRoopers to try out your products and also for making those products worth trying out. If you're looking for a quality Laxogenin product then I wouldn't hesitate to give this a shot.

December 31, 2015

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Increased Recovery
  • A Bit Pricey
HEY GUYS, Another Bignasty review here. A HUGE thanks to Primeval Labs and the TROOP program for allowing me to review this product. What made me want to try this product is the recovery and anti inflammation it may provide. The strength and size is ok as Im happy where im at but to speed up my recovery time is much needed. Also the fact that this is non hormonal and toxic free as well i was sold ASAP.

Ingredient Profile 9

Its just the one ingredient so theres little to complain or praise here as im not sure something like bio pepprine would even aid this.

Laxogenin 20mg, a non hormonal plant steraol

Taste/Mixability/Dosing 9

No taste or mix as its a pill, i took the 3 pills twice a day dose which is a tad annoying as it can be done in one pill. but its fine by me as its dosed for a range of users so I understand.

Effectiveness 8.5

Ok here is the deal, I actually got bigger on this product....... thats a BIG surprise to me. i just felt fuller all the time and after workouts the swole was on another level. Strength was noticeable but nothing to write home about. 10lbs average across the board and around 25lbs for legs. The recovery was decent still felt sore but nothing that serious. Now the one disappointment was the inflammation. it was still there as bad as ever, there was no noticeable improvement at all.

Value 8

45 dollars on average is normally ok for a combo product but for a single ingredient is a bit high even though yes i know the ingredient is in and of itself costly.

Side Effects 9

No real side effects, My urination did increase a tad on this but nothing that concerned me.

Conclusion 8.5

I was really shocked on how much i liked this product. i felt swole and pumped almost constantly. Now the strength was a nice plus and the recovery was a decent help. But i was looking forward to some joint relief that never showed up. With that said i would recommend this to give it a try, especally if you are on a plateau. I will be trying this again.

December 23, 2015

• Increased Recovery
  • Joint Health

Before I start I would like to thank Primeval Labs for participating in the SR Troop Program. This is my 4th different product I'm reviewing and I've been really impressed by Primeval Labs. Laxogenin is basically a plant based steroid that is compared to the pro-hormone (Anavar) without the serious side effects. This is my 2nd Laxogenin review as I have reviewed BPS Laxacrine and found it to work well. During the duration of this log/review as many of you know I was on the PH3 powerlifting/hypertrophy program lifting 5 days a week.

Benefits of Super-Laxo:
    - Build lean muscle mass
    - Improve endurance and speed recovery
    - Aids in balancing cortisol levels
    - Anti-inflammatory
    - Non liver toxic

Super-Laxo contains one main ingredient Laxogenin (5a-hydroxy laxogenin) 20mg per 1 capsule. As previously noted Laxogenin is a plant based steroid (sapogenin) comparable to Anavar without the toxicity or side effects. Some of the benefits of Laxogenin include: Increased protein synthesis, anti inflammatory, increase strength, aid in fat loss.

The suggested dosage of Laxogenin is 100mg, with 180 capsules you will get around 36 days from this bottle.

Taste - None

Mixability - None

Dosing - The dosing protocol from the bottle says take 3-6 capsules per day split evenly into a minimum of 2 servings. The half life of Laxogenin is relatively short which is part of the reason they suggest taking at different times in the day.

This was slow developing for me in terms of judging effectiveness. The first thing I noticed was an improvement to my joint health in the middle of the 2nd week of use. Joint health was crucial as I was benching/squatting/deadlifting at least twice a week. Starting in week 3 I noticed increased muscle and strength gains, gains included adding 15lbs to my deadlift and 5lbs to my squat and bench. This may seem low for the squat and bench however I believe if I ran this for 8 weeks that number would be considerably higher. By the middle of week 3, this was the starting point to better muscle recovery and reduced fatigue.

You can find a 30-36 day supply bottle (180 capsules) for around $45. Following the clinical dosage of 100mg getting a 36 day supply with cost $1.25 (5 capsules) or .25 (1 capsule).This isn't a bad price when compared to other Laxogenin products. For max-effectiveness I would suggest purchasing 2 bottles - 8 week supply.

Side Effects

Conclusion

Overall I was impressed during the 4 week cycle, however I'd love to see what gains I could get on a 6-8 week cycle. I had a PCT in place just in case I needed it but didn't have to use it. Primeval Labs is a solid company that put out another solid product. All of the benefits of Super-Laxo I saw at one time or another during usage.