Primalog Reviews

By: Primeval Labs

Growth Enhancers > Nutrient Repartitioners
Primalog is a Nutrient Repartitioner manufactured by Primeval Labs. It is meant to help the body use the macronutrients of protein, carbohydrates and fats more efficiently.

Overall
(SR paid for product; Primeval Labs did not participate)
  June 11, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Helps Prevent Fat Gain
  • Recomp Effect
  • 7 Pill Serving Size

Preface

Many thanks to Clipper83 for making this one available for me. This was high on my list of desired products and we'll see how it lives up to the anticipation.

Primalog is Primeval Labs' entry into a very tough GDA lineup. The recent lineup has been made tough by the likes of Primalog itself. A very powerful ingredient profile gives a lot to work with.

Gymnema Sylvestre 1g
A typical ingredient found in most glucose disposal agents for reducing blood sugar, with a whole gram being a solid dose.

Agmatine Sulfate 750mg
Used in pre-workouts for nitric oxide and vasodilation, assisting with part of the carb pump we all like to enjoy.

Bitter Melon Extract 4:1 500mg

Banaba Powder 500mg

Berberine HCl 300mg

Cyanidin-3-O-Glucoside 250mg
A very powerful ingredient found in dark fruit skins. Not only utilizes the same GLUT4 pathway as Gymnema for glucose transport, but also acts as a fat cell inhibitor. It's an ideal cheat meal ingredient as it were. I wish the dose was closer doubled, closer to likes of Biotest Indigo-C3G that carries a 600mg dose. This bad boy doesn't see as much daylight as it should but it's coming around.

R-Alpha Lipoic Acid 100mg

Alpha Lipoic Acid 100mg

Another expectation of a glucose disposal agent is to have 200-250mg of alpha lipoic acid. It's good to see a combo of the normal variant AND the sodium variant for insulin sensitivity. Bitter Melon Extract, Banaba and Berberine have all been tested against metformin (a standard medication for diabetics) as blood sugar control ingredients and individually competed very well. I see no issue with those ingredient doses here since they tread closer to the clinical.

The instructed dosing is 7 capsules. In order to test effectiveness and understanding that the ingredient dosages were efficient, I didn't deviate from taking the instructed amount. For reasons that I'm not keen on, the instructions say to take the dose 15-20 minutes before workout. You can take a GDA around your workout but I wouldn't want to tinker with my insulin sensitivity anytime other than post-workout. I've personally found that most GDAs should be taken 20-30 minutes prior to your planned high carb meal.

With this product, I began using a glucometer to test my blood sugar post meal. Something I plan on using with GDAs going forward. My baseline blood sugar is 80-85mg/dL. The range of meals included: 100g+ complex carbs, 100-200g combo complex carbs and simple sugars. Testing exactly 2 hours post meal showed a complete return to baseline in almost all instances.

The only exception is one ~100g carb meal where I took the capsules too soon before the meal (10-15 minutes). That only caused my blood sugar reading to be slightly higher at 96mg/dL.

In addition to the insulin sensitivity and apparent glucose uptake, there weren't much lethargic 'itis feelings. Dealing with certain carbs and sugars could cause my body to crash a little bit and end up needing a brief siesta, even when using a GDA.

Rating the value is a struggle here because the normal price is around $60. But there is always a sale or a BOGO free promo somewhere on the interwebs. However, the way this one slays an insulin spike like clockwork, the question is how much nutrient partitioning matters to you and your wallet.

Side Effects

Taking seven capsules.

Conclusion

While writing this, I'm admittedly behind the ball on understanding the uses of some nutrient partitioning agents. The oldie-yet-goodies like alpha lipoic acid and gymnema sylvestre have their essential place. Banaba, berberine and C3G are some choice toss-ups depending on who is formulating the product, which I'm still learning about. But it's shown that Primalog is as dependable as a glucose disposal agent could be these days. Besides, who wouldn't mind digging into all manner of delicious carbs all in the pursuit of an honest review. I was told by trusted, avid consumers that Primalog is in the current pantheon of glucose disposal agents... and it was awesome being able to find out the truth for myself.

Thanks for taking the time
As usual: thoughts, comments, questions and critique are all welcome.

Overall
(SR paid for product; Primeval Labs did not participate)
  April 21, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Better Carb Pump
  • Helps Prevent Fat Gain
  • Recomp Effect
  • 7 Pill Serving Size

A special thanks to Clippy and SR.com for providing Primalog as a TROOPs opportunity. Primalog belongs to a class of supps known as GDAs, or glucose disposal agents. These supplements are specially formulated to improve insulin response and enhance the shuttling of carbs and nutrients into muscle tissue, while reducing the absorption of carbs as fat. I've used a few GDAs to date including Slinshot, Glycolog, and the original Anabolic Pump. I use these products to help give me a significant carb pump, improve endurance, help with body composition, increase energy, and allow me to eat increased carbs and ensure they go into my muscle tissue and not be stored as fat.

The profile is fully disclosed with some well known ingredients.

Chromium at 300 mcg - An essential trace element that can boost overall metabolism of glucose and has a positive influence on insulin sensitivity.

Gymnema Sylvestre at 1g - This is an Asian herb that has been demonstrated to enhance insulin function and increase secretion. This results in better carb shuttling into the muscles and more favorable blood sugar levels.

Agmatine Sulfate at 750mg - Best known for its nitric oxide increasing properties but agmatine can also act as a nutrient partitioning ingredient by stimulating what are called the imidazoline receptors. Certain specific receptors of this class play a role in insulin regulation and response. By stimulating them, one can potentially enhance the uptake of glucose into skeletal muscle tissue.

Bitter Melon 4:1 Extract at 500mg - Bitter Melon contains contains compounds that are demonstrated to improve glucose uptake while exhibiting and anti-inflammatory effect on fat tissue. This can result in better carb utilization and higher fat loss potential.

Banaba Powder at 300mg - Contains a compound known as corosolic acid. Corosolic acid supposedly stimulates a gene known as GLUT4, which is a gene that plays a role in insulin regulation. Stimulation of GLUT4 can result in more efficient insulin activity and improved glucose uptake. Corosolic acid is said to also increase glycolysis, the metabolism of blood glucose.

Berberine HCL - 300mg - Berberine exhibits of host of benefits related to general good health. In the case of its inclusion into a GDA, berberine has been demonstrated to improve insulin sensitivity, especially in diabetics. The increased sensitivity results in more efficient glucose uptake into muscles.

Cyanidin-3-Glucoside at 250mg - Similar to Bitter Melon, this compound derived from certain dark colored fruits enhances glucose uptake by stimulating the activity of the GLUT4 gene. In addition, it also acts as an agonist to a class of receptors known as PPARs. These receptors play a role in insulin sensitivity and regulate the uptake of glucose into muscle tissue, resulting in higher energy and endurance levels.

Na-R-Alpha Lipoic Acid at 100mg - This fatty acid is a more bioavailable and soluble form of regular ALA. It helps to lower fasting glucose levels and stimulates mitochondrial activity in cells responsible for energy expenditure. It also possesses antioxidant properties.

Alpha Lipoic Acid at 100mg - This is traditional ALA. It has blood sugar lowering properties and antioxidant activity.

The directions instruct to take 7 pills 15-20 minutes before your pre workout meal on training days. On non-training days, you'll want to take it 15-20 minutes before your largest carb containing meal.

This is the exact protocol I used. On non-training days, the largest meal was my supper, which is usually the last meal of everyday for me.

I want to note that I did increase my carb intake while on this, but only of that of the meals Primalog was dosed in conjunction with. So, my pre workout meals and dinners on non-training days contained supplementary carbs.

Along with my pre workout meal, I experienced a very good carb pump and swole feel during my workouts. My vascularity was improved and the trained muscles felt fuller and more pumped with both high intensity and high volume sets.

My endurance was improved quite a bit. During HIIT and HV pyramid volume intervals, I was banging out more reps with heavier weight and had improved recovery between sets. Fatigue was reduced and post workout DOMS was lessened as well. On cardio days, I was running harder for longer intervals and boxing for longer more enduring rounds. I also saw an improved impact force with my punches.

Overall energy levels were higher and I was going into workouts with a more focused and aggressive mindset.

I liked how it prevented the occasional carb blat feeling I get after heavy meals. With Primalog, I felt little to no bloat even after heavy carb intake. This helped me to continue to lean out without the worry of possible fat gain.

Primalog is not cheap. The cheapest individual retail price I found on Amazon for 49.99. However, the best deal for value I found was on Illpumpyouup.com. Currently, the website is holding a BOGO deal where if you purchase a bottle for 64.95 (bad price on its own), you get a second free. Comparing the fact that purchasing two bottles from Amazon would cost 100 dollars (not including shipping), the deal on Illpumpyouup.com is clearly the winner.

The overall value for the efficacy in both cases is decent. Many GDAs today's market go for less or the same price. Of course, it would cheaper to just by some individual berberine hcl or other solo ingredient with similar effects, but full GDAs can be worth the investment.

Side Effects

Conclusion

While the high price tag and big serving size are not thrilling, Primalog is a great and effective GDA to try out. It'll help give energy, endurance, pump, and recovery all a significant boost, without having to worry about the consequential fat gain from excess carb intake. Just be sure you're training hard and eating the right type of carbs first and foremost.

WARMACHINE OUT!!!