Engorge has been reported as discontinued.

Check out the top-ranked products in Pre-Workout > Pump

Engorge Reviews

By: Primeval Labs

FORUM TOPICS

Pre-Workout > Pump
Engorge is a Pump Product manufactured by Primeval Labs. It is meant to increase blood flow, muscle pumps and increase vascularity. It can be stacked with a stimulant based pre-workout for an added stimulant effect. This promotes an environment for increased muscle mass and fat loss.

Engorge has been reported as discontinued.

Check out the top-ranked products in Pre-Workout > Pump

Overall
Overall
6.6
6.9
6.4
  June 1, 2016

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Solid Pumps
  • Stim-free
  • More Citrulline Malate Please
  • Needs Endurance And Focus Aspects

Thanks as always to Primeval for supporting the TROOPS, and apologies for the delay in wring this review - I had quite a bit of travel recently.

Engorge is kind of a halfway product - it has pump ingredients of course - principally 1.5g agmatine sulfate (plenty), and 3g cit malate (underdosed in my view but then I dont get much of a pump of cit malate - works more for endurance for me), glycerol monostearate (2g) and then 3g taurine for adsorption (1g may be enough). The problem had was that I would want to add some additional compounds like another 3 g of cit malate, betaine and beta alanine (without adding stimulants - which is the whole point of a non-stim product of course) - but I would not want to add any more agmatine because anything over 1.5g and I get very sore pumps (lactic acid buildup I assume) and have to spend time stretching to ease it, which defeats the purpose of taking a pump product anyway.

So unless you want to add individual compounds to make a custom mix, you have a non-stim product that doesn't fully deliver on the endurance aspect

I took 1 level scoop throughout. Mixing was fine. I had the Blue Razz flavor which was OK - not outstanding but OK.

Pumps were there for sure, due to the agmatine and glycerol. As stated above, I was really missing the endurance and also focus from a pre-workout supplement, even given that this is a non-stim product. You could combine it with a PWO of course, but for me at least, it would have to have no agmatine in the PWO: with 1.5g agmatine sulfate in Engorge its at the limit for me - beyond that the pumps get painful and counterproductive.

Engorge can be had for $34.99 from several sellers and also on Amazon with free shipping of you have Prime. 30 servings in the tub so just over $1/serving. Thats OK, but you can get a loaded PWO for less.

Side Effects

None really. i didn't get the bathroom issue that others have reported.

Conclusion

Engorge is an OK option if you want a non-stim pump product though if I were on a non-stim run i would prefer a fully loaded product like Nutrabio (stim-free) PRE, with betaine and beta alanine in there (plus a full 6g cit malate), and focus compounds like NALT and huperzine.

May 28, 2016

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Endurance
  • Some Bathroom Issues
  • Horrible Taste
Introduction + Supplement Facts
When I first saw primeval Labs was bringing out a Tri Pre Workout stack I was very excited, until I saw the formulations and pricing.. They have since then reformulated their stimulant based Pre Workout Adrenal Rush, but still the others remain as they are. Props for no Proprietary blends on this product, as they weren't all that way initially. Here we have only 3g Citrulline Malate (ratio not disclosed, where 2:1 is preferred), which is under dosed by half needing 6-8g for the Clinical Dosage. Taurine is a hefty amount at 3g, and 2g Glycerol Monostearate which is not the Hydromax version at 65% that is more of the standard in pump products. Agmatine Sulfate is at a solid 1.5g dosage, and the other three ingredients are as well (with exception of the Vitamin C only being 100mg where 250-500mg is preferred). Overall this formula would require 2 scoops to reach Clinical Dosages, but by doing so you will be getting more than needed on the majority of these ingredients. I am also happy to report that there is no dyes, and it is artificially flavored. In addition to that, we get 30 servings which would be 30 solid servings IF added to a Pre Workout that has the other half of Citrulline Malate needed (given that it is 2:1 here). Yet synergisticly it could work together as proved below.

Taste + Mixability + Dosing
Repulsive! As indicated by the title, this is disgusting in terms of taste.. I have had some medicine tasting products in the past, but this stuff is miserable. I had the grape flavor, but I could not imagine the others being any better. Mixability was a crap shoot also, and more water did not really make it any better nor did the taste benefit based on the water content.. Dosing was done as best as I could, being it is flavored it proved rather difficult to dose this with any pre-workout unless you drive scripted. But basically I tried it as one scoop alone one and a half Scoops alone and two scoops alone in addition to running it at one scoop in addition to a pre-workout containing similar ingredients.

Effectiveness 8.4/10
Just as in the past using other products that contain the same or fewer ingredients, it was surprisingly effective in terms of the claims. When I tried running it alone at 1 scoop there was a moderate amount of pumps or fullness in my muscles and some vascularity noted. When I ran it at 1.5 scoops there was little to no change. But then I tried it with two full scoops, which seemed to be the best in terms of pumps and muscle fullness. I also had tried running this with a pre-workout at 1 scoop, and it proved to be a great support for pre workouts that did not contain any pumping ingredients or were lacking in pump as this picked up the slack. When I ran this alone in terms of energy there was a moderate amount due to the taurine and my endurance was increased as well, but if I was to rate this product as a non stimulant pre workout as advertised it would score well enough in the pump + endurance category yet fall short when it came to focus or energy overall. While the taurine is effective with some energy, it does not prove to last as long as stimulants. I do feel primeval did a good job when they formulated this as a pump product, but it is not necessarily the best non stim pre workout I have had and if they had added a couple non stim ingredients it could have proved to be quite the competitor in that category.

Value 8/10
I was quite surprised to see this product at the price point it is, being it is new and dose as it is. But for $30 you get 30 servings, giving you $1 cost per serving or even $1.5 per 1.5 scoop serving (varied upon your pre workout running this with). I feel the price is justified, yet I would hope to see the Glycerol changed to Hydromax and more Vitamin C in the future.

Side Effects
If you feel constipated, just take 1 scoop of this or even 2 for quicker constipation release.. Bathroom issues seemed persistent regardless of dosing or taking with other products, nor was food helpful in this regard. I am not really sure why this happened as often as it did, because I have not had many issues with similar products (could it be the Taurine or flavoring system?)

Overall Conclusion 7.5/10
While this product proved to be effective and well dosed compared to the value, I have rather mixed feelings about recommending it.. The price and value is good as a additive product (to your existing pre workouts), but the product wasn't effective enough to warrant that usage as a stand alone pre workout compared to other Non Stimulant products. As a pump product, it proved to be great which is the scoring that is reported throughout this review. If Primeval Labs were to CORRECT the flavoring issues and I was to cease having the dreaded bathroom side effects, I would go along with recommending this product. Thank you Primeval Labs for allowing us the chance to review your products!
  • Grape: 1/10

Overall
Overall
9.5
9.5
9.3
  May 11, 2016

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Endurance
  • Stim-free
  • Taste
Good evening SR community, today I will be submitting my review for Primeval Labs' pump/stim free preworkout product, Engorge. Firstly, I would like to thank Primeval Labs for taking part in the TROOPS program, and especially for sending Engorge half way across the world to me to use and review.

WORKOUT PROGRAM

I used Primeval Labs Engorge whilst undertaking a heavy workout program called Smolov Squat. I also incorporated Engorge into the other side of my workouts (not legs) which was based on Wendler 5-3-1. On top of that, when I had spare days I would throw in Mike Rashid-style workouts, with lots of heavy weights for lots of reps to really blow up (hopefully). This was a very rigorous workout routine and one that would definitely show up where Engorge stood in the ever-increasing land of preworkouts.

INGREDIENT PROFILE - 9.7/10

You take 1 look at the ingredient profile of Engorge and go, yes, this is going to give me pump. Citrullene Malate (3g), Glycerol (2g), Agmatine (1.5g) along with some Taurine (3g) is fool-proof, it's almost impossible not to get a pump from this. I know the level of Citrullene Malate is below that of what some people would like (usually around 6g), but I feel like the other ingredients in this profile more than compensate for that. 6g of Cit Mal in this profile would be overkill in my opinion. Throw in a few extras to help with absorption/uptake and endurance, and you've got a proper award winning profile. I especially liked the absence of creatine. My theory is, if you're going to put it in, put in 5g and make damn sure it's creapure. Otherwise, leave it out entirely and let people supplement with good creatine. This is a perfect profile to take on its own, or blend with stims without having to worry about overloading on a particular ingredient.

The big downer for the ingredient profile, is the addition of dyes. It left a nasty red stain in my mixer cup, not sure what it did to my insides. I cant give top marks to a product that uses dyes.

DOSAGE

I dosed this product at 1 level scoop the entire tub. I didnt feel the need to increase dosage as it was doing a pretty damn good job. Just a point to note, the label says 1 scoop is 12.9g, but on my scales that was 15g added into the shaker. My scales are calibrated at work too, so I believe they are pretty accurate. No issues really though, I still got my 30 servings out of the tub. I would take Engorge about 10-15mins before I started working out (allowing for stretching etc) and found this to be effective.

TASTE/MIXABILITY - 2/10

Oh my god. This stuff. I had Cherry Limeade flavour. It was horrid. In the bottom 3 of all supplements i've ever taken. It smelled average in the tub, then you pour it into a shaker and instantly the chemical smell takes over. Whizz it up with the hand blender and there is grit all over the place, that you can feel as you slam it down (and you slam it down real fast) then once you manage to chug it down you have this terrible aftertaste like you just ate a whole tube of really cheap toothpaste straight up. It would also settle so you'd be forever swirling the cup to try and get it all down. If the product wasnt so damn effective I would tell you to not bother at this point of my review. But, the product was so effective for me, I had to take the god-awful taste like a man to reap the benefits. Perhaps this could be a new thing, the worse a product tastes, the better it performs. I hope not though. I can still taste it in the back of my mouth writing this review.

EFFECTIVENESS - 9.5/10

Engorge is an amazingly-effective pump product, exactly what you would expect from the profile. It would take a couple of sets to blow up, it didnt matter whether you were going for heavy loads or hypertrophy. If you did run a hypertrophy-style workout, the veins would pop. With the super heavy loads I was doing on legs, I would walk into the gym and my quads would look a little watery and mushy, but within 10 minutes of taking Engorge, the individual muscles were starting to poke out. At some stages I was getting that heavy, hard pump you get in the lower back with PH's and SARMs sometimes, and I was glad for the 3g of Taurine in the profile.

I found that there was also a bit of endurance and hydration improvement with Engorge. I guess that's a bit of a by-product of producing a good pump, but I felt that my hydration through a workout and therefore my endurance was improved.

When combined with a stim-PWO you got all the benefits of Engorge and also the stim benefits. I did not have any overloading or nasty issues with any of the stim PWO's I tried Engorge in conjunction with (RSP Dyno, Lecheek SX3, Finaflex G8). Overall this was a top-notch pump PWO.

SIDE EFFECTS - 0/10

I experienced none of the bathroom issues some reviewers did with Engorge, or any other side effects. Perfect.

VALUE - 9.3/10

I saw this stuff on sale at Strong Supp Shop for $29.95. At $1/serving, that's outstanding value for a top notch profile and a very effective product. Most other places have this for the mid $30 mark, which is still excellent value. Just try another flavour over the Cherry Limeade if you can.

CONCLUSION - 9.5/10

Primeval Labs Engorge is in my top shelf category for non-stim pump PWO products. With a rock-solid profile that you know is going to get you results, this doesnt come as a surprise. For me it didnt matter what kind of workout I was doing (heavy lower reps weights or hypertrophy), the results were there to see, and were extremely consistent. Unfortunately, my taste buds are going to have to suffer through more of this stuff because despite a horrid tasting product that's full of grit, it performs superbly. Would I buy this product with my own money? A resounding yes. Would I recommend this product? Again, a resounding yes.
  • Cherry Limeade: 2/10

May 9, 2016

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Endurance
  • Stim-free
  • Taste
  • Some Bathroom Issues

My schedule for work has changed up quite a bit so I have started getting mixed shifts which puts me at the gym about 1030pm then having to be up for the next shift at 6, so I needed a product that wouldn't have me trying to fall asleep for 2 hours after a good workout. I see a non stim pwo from Primeval, a company that hasn't let me down yet and here we go.

For a pump product this has about everything you could want in it and is fully disclosed. Cit Malate could be a little higher dosed at 3 grams, but with all the other stuff in here it covers itself. The agmatine is dosed at 1.5 which is more than plenty and probably has something to do with the bathroom issues some have encountered. I really like the 3 grams of Taurine in this as to where most products stay around the 1 gram mark, I have found this really helps me with cramps and muscle fatigue. To round it out you have some adequately dosed Beet Root, Norvaline, Vitamin C, and glycerol Mono.

I received the grape and i've always hated grape anything. This didn't do anything to change that... it reminded me of off brand cough medicine when I was younger that somebody tried to sweeten with an artificial sweetner. For the ingredients that were in this the mixing was alright a few extra shakes were required, but i'm not going to complain about that. I would take this when I left work id be at the gym in 15 minutes and it seemed to be in full effect by the 2nd set of whatever I was doing.

While on this I was doing a lot of 4-5 sets of 12-20 reps on most of my exercises, so for a pump product thats a good range to tell how this stuff is helping. In recent memory I cant remember a time when I felt this full during a workout. On arm days my bi's were slap full, my forearms were pounding and after about 2 sets on preacher curl I would have to switch it up to another movement, because the pump was just too painful. on leg days my quads were as full as I can ever remember them being and the veins in the front of my shins have never popped like that before. Whats just as impressive to me as the workout pumps though, were how long they lasted. I took this fairly late and usually got home showered and got into bed. That's about an hour cool down time and I was almost just as full crawling into bed as I was knocking out that last set. One night I stayed up late and watched a movie and same thing, I held onto that fullness for close to 2 1/2-3 hours.

AT around $35 a tub its on the higher end of a pure pump product, but I don't know any pump product that has a label that can match this one, and I also don't of any that performed like this one. To me the value is there without a doubt, and like a few other TROOPERs mentioned I see this on some good sales and BOGOs quite often, that 3 for the price of 1 sale for a product that works like this is a no brainer.

Side Effects

In the 30 servings I probably had some bad bathroom experiences about 10 times, but as long as you have access to a restroom at your gym I wouldn't count that as too big an issue.

Conclusion

So far I have really liked everything Primeval has put out, in this case I absolutely LOVE it. I will definitely be buying this again and recommend that anyone looking for a great pump without the stims, or looking for a pump product to stack with some stims give this a shot you wont be disappointed.
  • Grape: 5/10

May 3, 2016

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Endurance
Introduction + Supplement facts
Huge thank you Primeval Labs for their support of the SR Troops program. I've heard a lot about this company but have never tried any of their products. I was pretty excited when they signed up on SR and hopefully they will put more products up. Engorge is a non-stim pre-workout.
Primeval Labs did a really good job with listing all the supplement facts. There is no blend so you see everything. There are 6 different ingredients you have citrulline malate at 3g it would be nice if it was at least 6g. Taurine at 3g which is max dosing. Then you have glycerol monostearate 2g, agmatine sulfate 1.5g, beta vulgaris 500mg, and L-norvaline 200mg.

Taste + Mixability + Dosing
The flavor I received was grape it was pretty good but it was also really sweet. It's like going from kool aid to sugar free kool aid. One taste like straight high fructose corn syrup and the other one doesn't. Take 1 scoop with 8oz of water 20 to 30mins before lifting.

Effectiveness 8.0/10
For a non-stim this was pretty good even with the citrulline being under dosed. It was great for the late night workouts that I would have. Some days I would lift after getting off work aorund 10:30 or 11. Engorge was a great non-stim to take because I could still get a great workout but I didn't have to worry about being up all night long. The pumps were pretty good even with my late night lift I could still get a solid delt pump that would even last after my workouts. The glycerol was really good because it really helped maintain my pumps during the workout along with after my lifts. Even when I'm hitting the gym at 11:30 or midnight I was able to get a solid lift with engorge all while keeping my pump.
Value 9.0/10
At A1suplements.com they have a buy 1 get 2 free on engorge which comes out to 90 servings for .49 cents which is really cheap. Here is the link to the sale I'm not sure how long it's going to last. https://www.a1supplements.com/primeval-labs-engorge

Side Effects
Zero Side effects

Conclusion
If you are in the market for a solid non-stim product but you are looking to keep the pumps check out engorge. Primeval Labs did a great job with this pump/stim free. I would high recommended this to anyone that is looking for a stim break or who might work 3rd shift and isn't looking to take a whole lot of stims after work.
  • Grape: 10/10

April 27, 2016

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Solid Pumps
  • Endurance
  • More Citrulline Malate Please

As per usual, a big thanks to primeval labs for their continued support here on SR.com with their products. Today, I discuss mt experience with engorge, a new stim-free pwo designed to give pumps, endurance, and enhance focus. Many of us, myself NOT included, are not the biggest fans of stims since many of us who are overly stim sensitive usually get those wired up jitters that eventually lead to crashes during a workout. Nobody wants that, so that is why we've got stim free pwo formulas available on today's market. For me though, I'm perfectly fine with stims and sometimes use formulas like engorge primarily for the complimenting pump factor.

So lets see the details...

No prop blends (BINGO!!!)

Engorge's profile is comprised of the following:

We've got citrulline malate at 3g, 3g of taurine, 2g of glycerol monostearate, 1.5g of agmatine sulfate, 500mg of Beta vulgaris, 200mg of L-norvaline, and 100mg of vitamin C.

I don't think I need to discuss any of these ingredients in detail. Beta vulgaris and citrulline malate are both good for endurance and fatigue reduction, while the other ingredients are aimed mostly at pump enhancement.

I received the cherry limeade and found it good. It was a little overly tart, but not by a large degree. It mixes fine in anything you combine it with, even if you mix it with a pwo containing stims, although I don't recommend this because the combination of flavors may be contradicting.

I tried combining this with a pwo at times, but I found it not to be the best of ideas because of both the taste and it seemed to diminish the benefits of engorge. Not sure why, may be an absorption thing or it could have been mental.

Regardless, the best method I found at using this would be to take a stim containing pwo and then a serving of engorge 15 minutes later. Combined, the pre workout dosing protocol for both was within a 30 minute time frame.

While using engorge, I was mostly interested in the pump factor, but I was surprised by the other benefits that came with it as well.

Energy (8): Even though it is stim free, I found that engorge helped keep energy levels consistently heightened through my workouts. This is good since I can get pretty spent towards the end after high volume compound sets.

Pump (9): I neglected to note earlier, when I was about halfway done with the tub, I added nutraceutical innovation's 24hr pump caps into the mix. So as one my guess, the pumps were plenty improved around this time. However, even before hand, engorge still gave me a quality solid pump and improved vascularity.

Focus (7): I had some good "target of accomplishment" mindset focus with engorge. I was less distracted and seemed to always have my "eyes on the prize". This can sometimes be difficult when you got all those yoga pants wearing Brazilian chicks running around your gym.

Endurance (7): Engorge gave me some noticeable endurance and fatigue reduction, though not as pronounced as it would have if maybe the citrulline malate dosage was doubled. I say this because I find that with citrulline, 5-6g is my sweet spot. Still, I found myself running harder, punching faster, and banging out high speed reps more often.

I had to do quite a bit of searching because it seems engorge is widely available. The lowest price I found was 35 dollars. For a thirty serving tub that amounts to about $1.17 a serving. Given engorge's benefits, I think this is a very good value, especially considering it's wide availability making it more likely to find it on sale for cheaper prices or as part of a BOGO deal.

Side Effects

Conclusion

Engorge is undoubtedly a solid pump product that I think I will be using again in the near future. It provides solid pumps, some focus and endurance enhancement, and clean energy for those not fond of high quantity stim pwo formulas. It's versatility can also make it a favorite for those wishing to use it as a complimenting supplement to another pwo, usually one that does contain stims.

WARMACHINE OUT!!!

GO RED SOX!!!
  • Cherry Limeade: 7/10

April 25, 2016

If anyone pays attention or knows me, I have a slight obsession with pump products. If they have a decent profile more than likely I will try it out at some point. I love the skin-splitting feeling of a good pump product and the benefits they provide of increased blood flow, endurance, recovery, and waste removal. When this product was put up for grabs there were a number of pump product offered and I researched the profiles deciding on this one to try.

Fully disclosed profile with a decent amount of pretty much all the ingredients, some even dosed higher than I see most products. This product has 30 servings of one scoop apiece.

Cit mal is usually dosed between 3-6 grams in a good product and this one has 3g, glycerol monostearate is usually at 1 gram in my experience and this has 2g. Agmatine is usually no more than one gram but you get 1.5 and I LOVE agmatine. Usually you see Taurine at 1-2 grams and this has 3g and Beet Root is at 500mg which is normal also. L-Norvaline is at 200mg and Vitamin C wraps up the profile at 100mg.

I had the grape flavor and it was god-awful. Worst tasting supplement since NO Explode and Cell Mass in 2008. It was sour, bitter and hard to choke down. And I don't usually complain about flavor too much. Mixability was decent and dosing was easy enough. I used as little water as possible, made the taste that much worse but was able to choke it down that much faster.

With this product every workout could have been a before and after picture. This is what I do love about a good pump product. I would go to showing no veins and sort of deflated to having my biceps and triceps well-defined and hard and veins running across my shoulders, my bicep veins popping and forearms tight. Recovery was also on par with this product and workout endurance was excellent. I had been recently bumping my supersets to 7-8 reps heavy with 20 reps lighter weight, switching off which I would do first and I was able to pound out set after set, even going as high as 30 reps because I wanted to go to failure. Overall I'd say that this product hit on all of the aspects of a non-stim pump product pretty well as far as what you feel you will get out of it.

The normal price for this product is 39.99 which isn't a great or terrible value, but I was able to find an outstanding deal on ebay of all places for buy 1 get 2 free for 56.00 roughly including shipping. The catch is they have to all be the same flavor so choose wisely or at least don't choose grape! That comes out to less than 19 bucks a tub which is a great value.

Side Effects

Besides the taste which I would consider a side effect in and of itself, this product gave me horrid bathroom issues and the occasional upset stomach. I would dose this right before I left for the gym and by the time I finished my 25 minute or so commute I was trying to rush in and get to the bathroom before I poo my pants. Literally every single time. Cleaned me out good but that routine got old fast, especially with only two stalls in my gym and me standing at the sink trying to meditate into a peaceful state so I wouldn't crap myself.

Conclusion

Despite the issues involved I really did find this product effective and the issues were probably due to the effective doses of the ingredients which is a catch 22 but something some might find worth it. I was always fine after I took my dump and I can say it kept me regular. I am definitely going to have to find a better flavor and if some of the other ones are better Ill put up with the ritual poops for the effectiveness of the product.
  • Grape: 2/10