Max-HP Reviews

By: Prime Nutrition

Max-HP is a Pre-Workout manufactured by Prime Nutrition. It is designed to help provide a pre-training advantage by increasing mental focus, muscle performance, endurance and blood flow. This creates an environment optimal for increasing muscle mass and losing body fat.

Overall
Overall
  February 7, 2016

Pros:
 Cons:
  • 0 Calories
  • Good Pumps
  • Tastes Like Sweet Vitamins

(About yourself, 1-3 sentences maximum)
Hello SR community! I happened to find out about SR while browsing for unbiased reviews on I don't recall what product and BOOM SR came up! I have been working out for a little bit over 2 years. My goals are to get down to 10% - 15% body fat. Please be kind to me as this is my first review!!!! BTW I accept constructive critisim!

----Ingredient Profile:8----
Total Carbs 1g

2.5g of L-Citrulline Malate - Helps in the reduction of fatigue and improves endurance during exersice. Examine.com mentions that to receive enhanced performance you would need between 6,000 - 8,000 mg.

2g of Beta Alanine - This gives us the tingles we all know and love! But also helps with muscle endurance and reduction of fatigue. Beta-Alanine turns into carnosine and then is released in response to a drop in pH. We know that the recommended dosage for Beta-Alanine is anywhere from 2-5g.

1.5g of Glycerol Mono or Glycerol Monostearate - I will be honest, I had never heard of this and had to do some research. turns out it is a sort of sweetner and has the same food energy as regular old table sugar! It is also used as an anti-caking perservative.

750mg of Agmatine Sulfate - Enhances blood flow and inhibits N.O. Synthase. It is a form of amino acid and nootropic which helps with the focus factor as well.

400mg of Caffeine Anhydrous - Basically a drier form of caffeine! It boosts epinephrine, dopamine and seratonin. Increases energy and reduces fatigue, increases fat as it increases our overall energy.This is quite a hefty amount of Caffeine, and I am not mad at that!

25mg of Epi-Strong -

----Taste:6 /Mixability:6 /Dosing:9----
Taste - I purchased the Tropic Fruit flavor, I have to say it did not taste like tropic Fruit at all! It had sweet vitamin taste to it. At first it was not very pleasant, I was mixing and chugging it down. Then again most PWO are this way! As I got further and further into the tub it tasted better, maybe my tastebuds changed their mind.

Mixability - My 30 serving tub looked like sand, it looked like it might have had moisture! Once mixed in water most of it would disinigrate but there was always a couple lumps here and there. I got to the point where I would scoop directly into my mouth and swish with a little water.

Dosing - 1 scoop is equal to 8g. 30 min prior to a workout. I think one scoop is typically enough. There were very few times where I wanted to take more then one scoop. I think they should add more L-Citrulline Malate this way we get the full benefit of it!

----Effectiveness:8----
I found it to be fairly effective. I would take anywhere from 15-30 min prior to my workouts. I would feel the tingles from the Beta-Alanine and would I get pretty decent pumps. I would feel very warm, and it made me sweat more than usual. I would find myself working out for 2 to 3 hours sometimes. I do feel it helped me with muscle fatigue and endurance. Good for increased energy and focus as well!

----Value: 10----
I bought this on BB.com when they had a buy one get one sale! I purchased a 30 serving tub for $32.99 + shipping and I got a second 30 serving tub for free. I ended up paying $16.45 for each tub. This is about .54 cents per serving!!!!:)

Typically it sells on BB.com from about $30.00 to $40.00, this ends up costing you about $1.00 - $1.33 per serving. Still a pretty good value I think.

Side Effects

Excess sweating during my workouts!
Increased energy and decent pumps!

Conclusion

In conclusion I find this to be a decent product. I would buy this again if it was on sale. I do not see myself paying full price for it. It is a product that will give you decent pumps and make you sweat if want that! I do wish they would increase the amount of L-Citrulline Malate and a little more Beta-Alanine never hurt anyone.

PiccoloPete Out!

• JayT
    February 7, 2016

Good first review

• PiccoloPete

Appreciate it man!

• ODAAT365
    February 8, 2016

Good enough but I think in the future you could expand more on the effectiveness section. Telling people how the product worked for you is the meat and potatoes of any quality review.

• PiccoloPete
    February 8, 2016

You are right ODAAT365! I appreciate the tip! I will keep that in mind for my next review. 2 weeks ago I finished a bottle of Jet Fuel from GAT! Lets see how my reviews goes!