Intra-Elite Reviews

By: Prime Nutrition

ARTICLES (4)
FORUM TOPICS

Amino Acids > BCAA/EAA
Intra-Elite is a BCAA/Intra-Workout manufactured by Prime Nutrition. BCAA is short for branched chain amino acids. They are the building blocks of protein and can increase protein synthesis, muscle recovery and endurance during workouts and have also been shown to reduce body fat.

Overall
Overall
8.9
  March 21, 2018

• Curbs Hunger Pains
  • Extra Pump
  • A Bit Expensive

Hey SR this review is for Prime Nutrition Intra-Aid supplement called Intra-Elite this is the first time I've tried a product from this company. I also would like to thank them for there support of the SR Troops program. This is there new version of Intra-Elite I never tired the old one so I'm not sure how effective it is as and intra product. Now let's see how this product turns out.

Cluster Dextrin 30g
Threonine 500mg
Threonie 500mg
lysine 500mg
Tryptophan 100mg

The flavor i received was titan grape which was really good. The mixability was fine too no issues with it. Dosing was to take 2 scoops during your first working exercise.

Everyone has those days at the gym where you aren't feeling it. Well this intra-aid prodcut by prime nutrition will help overcome that feeling. This product also gave me a great boost of extra enegry durning my workouts to help fuel me to the very end. It also helped improve my recovery time after each workout which im greatful for because I'm a welder full time and i also have a part-time so every bit of recovery time helps. The main ingredient of 30g of cluster dextrin has always worked great for me. Anytime i take a prodcut with this ingredient the results have been amazing. It always gives me a nice extra boost of energy to help me get though my workout. I've tried all different types of intra-aid products and this one is a must have for all your workout needs.

The cheapest place I could find it at was elite nutrition where a 30 serving goes for 44.99 which can be anywhere from 1.49 to 2.99 depending on how many servings you take.

Side Effects

zero

Conclusion

If you are in the market for a new intra-aid workout product try prime nutrition intra-elite. The results I got from this product was amazing. The only downside would be the cost which will add up quickly.
  • Grape Titan: 10/10

February 14, 2018

• Extra Pump
    What's up SR, sorry for the long delay, here is my review for Intra-Elite. I would like to thank Prime Nutrition and the Trooper for the opportunity to run their product. As we know, keeping our body going while hitting the gym hard is very important in order to achieve our goals. I have always used some kind of intra supplement to help me finish the game. Intra-Elite looked like a product I wanted to give it a go, since it contained BCAA, a two for one type of deal, so I gave it a world

The profile on this is fully disclosed, which is to me, it is always important to me to know what I am putting in my body. There is 30grams of Highly Branched Cyclic for the carb source. This type of carb source hits you a little faster than ones used in other products; therefore, as you are sipping on this, you will not have to deal with any potential sugar drops. In addition, Intra-Elite includes a nice dose of BCAA; there is 2.5 grams of Leucine, 1 gram of Isoleucine, and 1.5 grams of Valine. Furthermore, there is a nice low amount of Citrulline Malate (2 grams) for some additional pump support.

Taste - I received the Orange Carnage flavor, which was nice and not too sweet; taste like one of those ices where it contains ice cream in side.

Mix - This mixed good, considering it a carb based product, which tells me the source used if very fine and easy to absorb. If you use less than 16 to 20 ounces of water, you will have to give it some extra shaking to get it to mix without any chunks.

Dosing - Intera Elite recommend two scoops for men and one for women; I used about 1 and a half serving. I took the half serving before heading to the gym and I sipped on one scoop during my workout.

My goal with Intera Elite was to be used as an intera workout product since I was in the process of changing my routine to more of a cardio base workout. Since I was working out 1st thing the am, taking that half of serving 1st made a big difference on how I felt and how long I can work out. I had no sugar drops, since I do not eat when I workout early in the morning.

Endurance was what I was looking for while using Intera Elite, which it performed great for me. I was able to go longer and push myself to a higher level of hits on the treadmill, without experiencing any cramping. While doing a full body type workout, I noticed an extra pump in my shoulders and back. As for recovery, having the inclusion of BCAA help me recovery faster in between sets; rest period were reduced to 45 seconds instead of 60 seconds.

Intera Elite is priced at $45.00 for 30 servings. Yes, it may seems like a price shock; however, keep in mind; this is a two for one product, which comes with BCAA. Therefore, when you consider Intera Elite then it is priced right; unless you do use two scoops then I agree, it can be pricey.

Side Effects

I did not experience any sides while using Intera Elite.

Conclusion

At the end of the day, I was impressed by how Intera Elite worked for me. I was able to increase my endurance, increase recovery, and was able to push myself to a higher level of intensity. There are many other companies who offer a carb type product; however, I would recommend to try this, especially if you are into HITS and long distance running. I would like to thank Prime Nutrition again for the opportunity.

February 5, 2018

• Curbs Hunger Pains
    • A Bit Expensive

38 years old and I workout 4 days a week concentrating on strength training. I always like to have a good carb or Intra workout supplement handy to help keep my energy levels up during my early morning workouts. I saw that Prime Nutrition had offered up Intra-Elite and thought it had a decent profile so wanted to give it a shot. I did not know anything about the company, but doing some reading it turns out Prime Nutrition is owned by Aaron Singerman (REDCON1) and Jared Wheat (Hi-Tech). I would like to thank Prime Nutrition and SR for allowing me the opportunity to review this. Lets see how elite this intra supplement is.

This comes with a transparent profile, which is great, and is chocked full of goodies. The scoop is larger than most BCAAs/Carb supplements I am used to coming in at 48g. Each scoop nets you 120 Calories, 30g Carbs, 20mg Magnesium, and 350mg Sodium. The profile is extensive, you can check out the image below, and I am going to hit the highlights of why I picked this supplement.

Highly Branched Cyclic Dextrin (Cluster Dextrin) (30g): HBCD's are a source of carbohydrates and is synthesized through the breakdown of starch by an enzyme that forms clusters of sugar molecules. Basically, HBCDs are absorbed and sent to the muscles quicker than your traditional carbs. Typically you get around 25g in the ones I have taken in the past, here we get a nice 30g dose.

BCAA (5g): We get 2.5g Leucine, 1g of Isoleucine, and 1.5g of Valine. This is different than I you typically get, usually we have a 2:1:1 ratio but here we get a 2.5:1.5:1 ratio. Leucine plays an important role in muscle protein synthesis, while isoleucine induces glucose uptake into cells. The Valine in the red headed step child here, as more research is needed to even know what this does for you. Valine just takes some BCAA credit while the true workhorses are Leucine and Isoleucine.

EAA: Along with BCAAs we get some Essential Amino Acids with 1g Phenylalanine, 500mg Lysine, 500mg Threonine, 100mg Tryptophan, and 1g Methionine. Phenylalanine converts into Tyrosine which is needed to form important brain chemicals (neurotransmitters and hormones) which help regulate our metabolism. Lysine helps build a healthy immune system, Threonine maintains the balance of protein within the body to support normal growth and development while Tryptophan produces Serotonin to influence emotoins and mood. Finally, Methionine helps the body to remove and process fat. Dosage here depends on your bodyweight and you can find all the info based off your weight here http://aminoacidstudies.org/what-are-essential-amino-acids/. All the doses here are likely going to be low, but I like the inclusion here anyways as they do help out.

Citrulline Malate (2g): Typically found in PWO's this is a great ingredient to help boost your NO levels. Typically you wnat 3g daily on this, but here we have 2g per scoop which works out well depending on how you dose this product, which we will discuss below.

The Sodium and Magnesium are here to aid in hydration and other ingredients include 2g Glycine, 2g Taurine, and 1g Glutamine. All in all I think its a pretty nice and extensive profile here for an intra workout supplement. I was so used to just supplements with either BCAAs or carbs, that its nice to have BCAAs, EAAs, Carbs and some NO boosts. So far so good.

Taste: I got the Orange Carnage flavor and enjoyed it. It had a good orange tang type taste, and was not sweet nor too light. I hate sweet drinks for intra workout, this one was just about right. Easy to drink and I looked forward to it each time.

Mixability: I typically mixed one scoop with 8-10oz of water or two scoops with 16oz of water and had no issues. You do have to give it some good shakes in the blender bottle as the powder sits on the top and is a hefty scoop, but it mixes well. At the end of each shake I found no left over residue or anything, which is nice to know you are getting your full scoop each time.

Dosing: The directions call for 1 scoop for women and 2 scoops for men. I had to play around with this a bit and will go into detail in the next section. I found the best dose to be 1 scoop Pre workout and 1 scoop Intra.

I tried dosing a few different ways here, after I dicuss effectiveness based off how I dose we will go into label claims.

1 scoop Intra: I found one scoop intra workout to work well with getting my carb intake which helps to keep my energy levels up during my workout. Also since I workout first thing in the morning with no food in my system, this did a nice job at pushing away any hunger pains and actualy keeping me full for the workout. The only problem I had with 1 scoop came with the dosing of BCAAs. At this dose this did help out my DOMs slightly, but they were still there. I really felt no increase in a pump or hydration at this dosage either.

1 scoop Pre, and 1 scoop Intra: To me this was the sweet spot on how to dose this guy. Normally I would take a scoop of Protein prior to the gym, but instead used this which in my opinion worked better for me to fill me up than just a protein shake. I would get to the gym feeling like I ate a good snack, and this would keep my energy levels up during the workout. At this dose DOMS were almost eliminated which helped this product to shine for me. For my body 10g of BCAAs are the sweet spot anyways so this makes sense to me. Still never felt an increase in pump and a very slight increase in hydration. I have taken some intra supps in the past which would always make me urinate during my workout because I felt super hydrated this would do that rarely, but it did help slightly with hydration.

2 scoops Intra: This is what the directions call for for males, and this filled me up too much. I would get a bloated feeling towards the end of my workouts and would be way too full. This made Abs difficult for me, since I like to end most workouts with core or abs. This was just too much for me, and I found no benefit of dosing it this way versus 1 pre and 1 intra.

So depending on your dietary needs/goals, this can make your carb intake diffcult. Being the optimal dose was 1 pre and 1 intra for me, I was getting 60g of Carbs right off the bat. Not a big deal for me since I am 240 pounds, but for those that want less carb intake, this is something your going to have to play with.

The label claims are decreased recovery time, enhanced nitrogen retention, and no artificial dyes or colors. This did help aid me in decreased recovery time at 2 scoops as it all but eliminated DOMS and even after the harder lifts, the doms would be very minimal. I have no idea if this enhanced my nitrogen retention and my shaker didn't stain or anything like that so assuming no artificial dyes or colors were used. No crazy claims here, and for me at 2 scoops this product delivers.

One more thing to note here, I only took this on workout days (4 times per week), and when I dosed this 1 pre and 1 Intra, I found my doms to be reduced just fine without taking 1 scoop on rest days which I normally do with straight BCAA products.

You can find this from most places for $44.95 for 30 scoops. That comes out to $1.50 per scoop or 3 dollars per workout if you dose this at 2 scoops. So yeah pretty dang expensive. Now while I would be tempted to compare BCAA product prices here, that is not fair since this has more than just that so I look at this as a Carb and BCAA/EAA supplement. So while yes this is expensive your getting multiple things here in one product, and with how it worked for me, I would say its an average value. Believe me, if this product did not work then this would be too expensive, but the carbs felt effective as did the other ingredients. If your like me and workout 4 days a week then this would last you just shy of a month since you only need to take this on your workout days. Thats another way to look at it.

Side Effects

Slight stomach ache and bloated feeling when I took 2 scoops intra workout. Nothing crazy just an uneasy feeling and if I dosed it differently this would not be an issue.

Conclusion

Overall, I enjoyed this run. This is a pretty solid carb/BCAA/EAA intra workout supplement. Yeah it may be a bit pricey but I think you are getting some high quality ingredients here that taste great. I never had an energy slump during my workouts when taking this, so I was sad to see this finish. I would recommend this to anyone that can afford it in their wallet and dietary needs.
    • Orange Carnage: 8/10

Overall
    Overall
    9.2
    9.2
      July 20, 2015

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Sustainable Workout
      ----

------
      Hello Supplement Review community! My name is Amber Knaack and I am a fellow fitness advocate! I discovered the holy grail of Supplement Reviews from a fellow gym member at Physical Edge in Tulsa, Oklahoma. This gym is Tulsa's only "last real gym" - almost as if you have stepped into your very own land of giants where you're only accepted and treated like family if you show your dedication. My friend has been writing reviews for this company for a little over six months and highly recommended I do the same. I have always been an athletic woman, but fourteen months ago I decided to put my nose to the grindstone and began weight lifting. I cannot express my gratitude enough how, ditching the afternoon runs and replacing them with a heavy leg routine, has changed my life. The more I have lifted, the more competitive I have become. In early March I even began writing my own blog by the name of "Twisted Steel and Sweat Appeal" to give some tips and motivation to other woman about obstacles that you come across while trying to build the body of your dreams. I wasn't quite an expert yet, but I knew that my experiences could educate those following a similar path.
      I have fallen so in love with weight training that I am now training for the NPC Grand Prix in Oklahoma City in November. I have had a long prep period for this show because I want to make sure I am training for this in a healthy way - keeping my metabolism revving. Throughout my training I have been taking an array of supplements that my coach has assigned - some that have worked, some that have left me feeling not 100%, and some that I have intolerances to. Just like in my blog, I would like to educate and give any kind of tips/tricks that I can to others so that I can make their decisions for supplements a little easier than what I have had to go through with trial and error.
      I plan on taking my fitness journey to the top and I want to eventually acquire my pro card and maybe someday even be sponsored. I know that I have the drive, ambition, and determination to reach my dreams and I want to help anyone along the way who might not have as much knowledge or education as I have thus far in choosing their products.

Unlike other carb complex supplements for peri-workouts, Intra-MD uses highly branched cyclic dextrin instead of the simple carb, dextrose. The breakdown of amylopectin results in a low osmolality, high molecular weight molecule. This allows for the supplement to have a quick trip in the stomach, followed by the absorption in the small intestine. Just imagine having a two small spotters during your workouts, one being the carb complex and the other the amino acids. They help you push through your workout and reduce the delayed onset muscles soreness.

I take one scoop of this bad boy during my chest/arms, back/shoulders days and two scoops on my leg days. My favorite flavor is the "orange carnage" which mixes easily with water. I find that the "grapevine" flavor is too sweet for me during a workout. I will usually put the one or two scoops in a 16 ounce blender bottle, drink 8 ounces then fill the bottle again - continuing this procedure until my workout is finished and all of my Intra-MD is gone. Because I am training for a figure show, I don't get many "treats" in my diet, but the taste of this product makes me look forward to my workouts.

I knew this product was effective, but I had my final epiphany when I ran out for three days. If I don't have my Intra-MD during my workout I feel sluggish, weak and unmotivated. I thought it was the placebo effect at first because I had never previously used a peri-workout. However, I can fully testify that when I am drinking my "orange carnage" I tear up the gym, especially on my leg days. Its unique carb complex gives me that extra little push that I need.

I pay roughly $45.00 for this product with my training discount at a supplement shop in Tulsa by the name of Discount Sports Nutrition. This product lasts me about 2 months even though I use it every workout, six days a week. So in the grand scheme of things, you only pay about $22.00 a month.

Side Effects

I have never had any negative side effects while taking Intra-MD. I have only had a negative effect of a headache after my workout when I ran out of this product.

Conclusion

Of all the peri-workouts I've tried, Intra-MD is by far the most effective. The orange carnage lives up to its name because when I'm on this product I feel like I tear up the gym. I always seem to have the energy to make it through even my hardest workouts. I am also rarely ever sore. I give Intra-MD an A++ rating. John Meadows was a brilliant mastermind with this one!