Peak O2 Reviews

By: PrimaForce

Growth Enhancers > Nutrient Repartitioners
Peak O2 is a Nutrient Repartitioner manufactured by PrimaForce. It is meant to help the body use the macronutrients of protein, carbohydrates and fats more efficiently.

Overall
Overall
(SR paid for product; PrimaForce did not participate)
  January 25, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:

Whats up SR. I wanted to quickly drop my review of the performance booster Peak O2. I train hypertrophy style in the early mornings and have been mixing in some conditioning mainly to increase my cardio capacity and not being focused on burning fat. So I figured why not take a shot, shout out to the Trooper program for sending this out.

Super simple profile as this product is based on one single ingredient: Mushrooms, the blend of mushrooms used is as follows
Cordyceps (Cordyceps militaris), Reishi (Gandoderma lucidum), King Trumpet (Pleurotus eryngii), Shiitake (Lentinula edodes), Lion's Mane (Hericium erinaceus), Turkey Tail (Trametes versicolor)

Unfortunately this is a proprietary blend of 2g, so we really aren't sure of the exact dosages of each of these. As for what these mushrooms are supposed to do I will go over that in the effectiveness section.

The product was unflavoured but it did still have a pretty foul taste. I would really recommend mixing with something sweet, while it will certainly change the taste of the sweet product its much better then the thought of having it on its own. It kind of smells like throw up to me, which did initially throw me off, but as long as its mixed with something else you'll be fine. Mixability was solid, some sinkers so be sure to keep swirling the shaker. Dosing was one scoop pre workout and one scoop post, which I followed. On non training days it was two scoops at some point during the day.

Now for the part that really matters, we know it doesn't taste great but does it work? From what I can tell yes. Peak O2 claims to have the following effects: Increase workout duration, Increase time until exhaustion, anaerobic power increase, better oxygen utilization, increase in power output and exercise capacity, peak strength. Now let me disclaim that I did not notice any massive boosts in these areas. But during the time of my run with Peak O2 I did find myself able to really push through tough workouts, and push harder during times I would normally be tired. Some of that I have to attribute to Peak O2. My conditioning workouts in particular saw a boost, I was running Metcon (metabolic conditioning) style workouts and was smashing through circuits that used to leave me laying in a heap. As far as power goes I did have strength increases, but I personally don't think I can attribute any of them directly to Peak O2 (although it may have helped). Overall my athletic performance did see increases as well in regards to my boxing and muay thai workouts, I found myself pushing for longer and being able to keep myself pushing during the later rounds of a mitt/ sparring session. I really would like to run this product over a longer period of time to really see if I could notice any major changes and to confirm that the boosts are in fact from this.

The value of this is a great boost to the sales pitch, it typically retails anywhere between $15-$20 for a 60 serving container (30 days), giving it a great value, especially around the $15 mark.

Side Effects

Conclusion

Overall I did find Peak O2 gave my athletic performance a boost, allowing me notice increases in my work capacity and push through tough workouts, sometimes multiple times a day. While this is still a newer product on the market hopefully more research is done to really give this the scientific backing it needs to break into the main stream supplement categories. Its definitely worth a try if you have a few extra bucks laying around.
  • Unflavored: 4/10

• Clipper83
    January 26, 2018

I got this tub for free, thought I'd give it up, and then ended up buying 2 tubs for myself lol. I personally like it, I noticed quite an increase in my endurance, at least on heavier movements.

Thanks for reviewing!