PRICES (11)

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Cheap
    Introduction:
    For years all I did was take protein shakes after a workout. Later I learned a bit more about amino acids, recovery, and creatine. I have now learned to add creatine to my workouts. Some people have said that creatine is a steroid, but they need to know the difference between the 2 things so I want to cover this creatine product and why it is not a steroid.

Ingredient Profile: 10/10
    The PrimaForce makes what they call a "Creaform" which is Creatine Monohydrate. The PrimaForce Creaform is a basic creatine monohydrate which consists of 5 grams of creatine monohydrate in one scoop. Creatine comes in different forms. Monohydrate can upset some stomachs so there are other options. Types of Creatine are Monohydrate, Ethyl Ester, Tri-Creatine Malate, Buffered Creatine, Micronized Creatine, Liquid Creatine, and Conjugated. Later, I will discuss the monohydrate and why I prefer it. Creatine ethyl ester is creatine monohydrate with an ester attached. The attachment of an ester is significant because esters are found in the fat tissue of animals. Tri-creatine malate is a compound made from creatine monohydrate and malic acid. The substance is so named because the compound is made from three creatine molecules attached to one molecule of malic acid. Buffered creatine is a patented product that combines creatine and magnesium. Micronized creatine causes your body to retain water in your skeletal muscles. This water retention will leave your muscles looking bigger and fuller, but may also leave you more susceptible to dehydration. Liquide Creatine does not require loading and has no water retention. Conjugated creatine is a creatine that is combined with something else. This combination can be anything from a protein to an amino acid or anything else a manufacturer wants to combine the creatine with.

Taste/Mixability/Dosing: 10/10
    The mixability is pretty normal. One scoop is 5 grams of creatine. No taste so I would usually add it to another mix (pre-workout, water mixes, protein powder, etc...). Mixability was also easy. Fine with any liquid I would use it with.

For the most part, the PrimaForce Creaform served its purpose of promoting lean mass, maximizes strength gains, and enhance recovery. I could not say that I had a huge gain in these 3 things, but do feel that creatine serves a purpose in weight lifting. The thing I want to focus on is the use of creatine monohydrate and why I prefer this form of creatine. Creatine is like the protein but is not a true protein and is known as a "non-protein" nitrogen. Creatine monohydrate is found in some food like meat and fish. When we lose creatine, energy can shut and our muscles are no longer able to produce force. Increased creatine in the muscle will increase performance. Creatine is a well-researched supplement. Creatine Monohydrate is the standard by which to compare, no form of creatine has shown more powerful or potent. Creatine Monohydrate is the cheapest of the other creatines and easier to find. With all this being said, I prefer the Creatine Monohydrate over the others. I could list all of them but that would be a class that would take some time.

I was able to get this at my local pharmacy. PrimaForce Creaform was $15 and contained 80 servings. This works out to about $.19 per scoop which is cheap compared to other supplements you may use. Creatine Monohydrate comes in many forms. It can come in pills or mix. Some creatine monohydrate is in protein some powders or pre-workouts. This price is pretty close to the other available options, but like I said, a cheap supplement.

Side Effects:
    None noticed

Conclusion: 9/10
    I have researched creatine monohydrate and found many ideas and views on what is best for this supplement. The main thing I found out is low scientific evidence to prove one way is better than another. All I can do is tell you what I did. Some people take it before, during, or after a workout while others take it anytime they can. I would take mine after my workout. I would mix it in with my protein shake so that the creatine would have a good taste. The ingredients say to take one scoop a day. I would use the creatine just once a day and only one scoop which was 5 grams. I will usually cycle off after about 3 months.

Now, I said this at the beginning and I want to take the time to point out that creatine is not a steroid. Creatine is naturally produced by the body and found in foods like meat and fish. If you consume too much creatine, side effects can occur, but as long as you take the right amount of creatine, you should not have side effects. Everybody is different and responds in different ways. The major difference between creatine and steroids is that steroids are a person made function that increases testosterone. Steroids have many side effects regardless of how much you consume. Testrone is naturally in the body but steroids change that which can cause an increase in muscle mass. Creatine is legal while steroids are not, so if steroids are illegal, then I would recommend not doing it. Creatine is a completely different structure compared to that of steroids so please do not put these two things together.

With all this being said, I found the PrimaForce Creaform is a good source of creatine. It mixed well and tasted fine when mixed with something other than just plain water. It did help my recovery and while taking it, I did feel that some muscle growth and I did find myself increase in weight lifting. This is a good product and is part of my everyday workouts. I do know that some reviewers that will have different ideas of what is right and what is wrong. I am not trying to start a debate, just letting you know how I used it. I am not saying my way is the only way. I am just letting you know what I have done.

• admin
      13 days ago

Some people say that creatine is a steroid, but how can you be a steroid when you're* not?

• MarsheS
      TROOPer Level: 33
      13 days ago

If you confuse "YOUR" with "YOU'RE", you definitely take steroids. Nice review though.

• admin

13 days ago

I didn't notice it at first but I should know better. Thanks for the help.

Did it again, known

• JayT
      TROOPer Level: 58
      11 days ago

I know that you wrote a lot and this probably took you a long time to write, but all you did was talk about creatine in general. There was only a little info about the creatine you were actually reviewing. Sorry, but going to have to neg rep this.

11 days ago

@jayT not for sure what else I could say about this product. It had one ingredient. No real flavor. No side effects. Talked about what kind of creatine it was. A pretty basic thing so I could have wrote a very small review. Just don't understand what else I could have done?

• bctuthill
      TROOPer Level: 47
      11 days ago

Steroid is a very wide classification that has to do with molecular structure. By definition, creatine can never be considered a steroid. Creatine is anabolic and some steroids are anabolic steroids, but that's where the comparison ends. It's like comparing a race car and a horse. They aren't alike in any way, but both can be used to get somewhere.

• JayT
      TROOPer Level: 58
      11 days ago

Sometimes a short and to the point review is all that's needed; especially for a single ingredient supplement. You don't have to go off topic just to put irrelevant content in a review to lengthen it.

11 days ago

@jayT thank u for ur help. I'm new and still learning

• bzyczek
      TROOPer Level: 27
      10 days ago

I'm sorry buddy but I'm going to have to also give it a thumbs down ... I don't think this debate is for a review; it's more meant for the forums ...

10 days ago

If I go back and get rid of all the steroid talk, would u say that it is helpful?