Ranks #10 (better than 68%)
In: Creatine > Blends

Creaform is a Creatine Blend manufactured by PrimaForce. It features multiple forms of creatines to take advantage of the various features of the different creatines. It can increase muscle power, translating to strength gains and increased muscle mass.

Creatine > Blends

August 11, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Cheap
    Introduction:
    For years all I did was take protein shakes after a workout. Later I learned a bit more about amino acids, recovery, and creatine. I have now learned to add creatine to my workouts. Some people have said that creatine is a steroid, but they need to know the difference between the 2 things so I want to cover this creatine product and why it is not a steroid.

Ingredient Profile: 10/10
    The PrimaForce makes what they call a "Creaform" which is Creatine Monohydrate. The PrimaForce Creaform is a basic creatine monohydrate which consists of 5 grams of creatine monohydrate in one scoop. Creatine comes in different forms. Monohydrate can upset some stomachs so there are other options. Types of Creatine are Monohydrate, Ethyl Ester, Tri-Creatine Malate, Buffered Creatine, Micronized Creatine, Liquid Creatine, and Conjugated. Later, I will discuss the monohydrate and why I prefer it. Creatine ethyl ester is creatine monohydrate with an ester attached. The attachment of an ester is significant because esters are found in the fat tissue of animals. Tri-creatine malate is a compound made from creatine monohydrate and malic acid. The substance is so named because the compound is made from three creatine molecules attached to one molecule of malic acid. Buffered creatine is a patented product that combines creatine and magnesium. Micronized creatine causes your body to retain water in your skeletal muscles. This water retention will leave your muscles looking bigger and fuller, but may also leave you more susceptible to dehydration. Liquide Creatine does not require loading and has no water retention. Conjugated creatine is a creatine that is combined with something else. This combination can be anything from a protein to an amino acid or anything else a manufacturer wants to combine the creatine with.

Taste/Mixability/Dosing: 10/10
    The mixability is pretty normal. One scoop is 5 grams of creatine. No taste so I would usually add it to another mix (pre-workout, water mixes, protein powder, etc...). Mixability was also easy. Fine with any liquid I would use it with.

For the most part, the PrimaForce Creaform served its purpose of promoting lean mass, maximizes strength gains, and enhance recovery. I could not say that I had a huge gain in these 3 things, but do feel that creatine serves a purpose in weight lifting. The thing I want to focus on is the use of creatine monohydrate and why I prefer this form of creatine. Creatine is like the protein but is not a true protein and is known as a "non-protein" nitrogen. Creatine monohydrate is found in some food like meat and fish. When we lose creatine, energy can shut and our muscles are no longer able to produce force. Increased creatine in the muscle will increase performance. Creatine is a well-researched supplement. Creatine Monohydrate is the standard by which to compare, no form of creatine has shown more powerful or potent. Creatine Monohydrate is the cheapest of the other creatines and easier to find. With all this being said, I prefer the Creatine Monohydrate over the others. I could list all of them but that would be a class that would take some time.

I was able to get this at my local pharmacy. PrimaForce Creaform was $15 and contained 80 servings. This works out to about $.19 per scoop which is cheap compared to other supplements you may use. Creatine Monohydrate comes in many forms. It can come in pills or mix. Some creatine monohydrate is in protein some powders or pre-workouts. This price is pretty close to the other available options, but like I said, a cheap supplement.

Side Effects:
    None noticed

Conclusion: 9/10
    I have researched creatine monohydrate and found many ideas and views on what is best for this supplement. The main thing I found out is low scientific evidence to prove one way is better than another. All I can do is tell you what I did. Some people take it before, during, or after a workout while others take it anytime they can. I would take mine after my workout. I would mix it in with my protein shake so that the creatine would have a good taste. The ingredients say to take one scoop a day. I would use the creatine just once a day and only one scoop which was 5 grams. I will usually cycle off after about 3 months.

Now, I said this at the beginning and I want to take the time to point out that creatine is not a steroid. Creatine is naturally produced by the body and found in foods like meat and fish. If you consume too much creatine, side effects can occur, but as long as you take the right amount of creatine, you should not have side effects. Everybody is different and responds in different ways. The major difference between creatine and steroids is that steroids are a person made function that increases testosterone. Steroids have many side effects regardless of how much you consume. Testrone is naturally in the body but steroids change that which can cause an increase in muscle mass. Creatine is legal while steroids are not, so if steroids are illegal, then I would recommend not doing it. Creatine is a completely different structure compared to that of steroids so please do not put these two things together.

With all this being said, I found the PrimaForce Creaform is a good source of creatine. It mixed well and tasted fine when mixed with something other than just plain water. It did help my recovery and while taking it, I did feel that some muscle growth and I did find myself increase in weight lifting. This is a good product and is part of my everyday workouts. I do know that some reviewers that will have different ideas of what is right and what is wrong. I am not trying to start a debate, just letting you know how I used it. I am not saying my way is the only way. I am just letting you know what I have done.

Advertisement:
    Members don't see ads: Join SR for Free

February 18, 2012

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Cheap
      Ok for my first review as an "expert reviewer" I would like to bang the drum a bit for Creaform by Primaforce. Why you ask am I wasting my time writing a review on creatine instead of methyloxytridienolone whatever?
      To be honest, people need to pull back on the reigns and start with the basics...well not
      necessarily go back to only the basics, but knowing how and why products work is important because its going to come to the point that the stuff you put in your body has so many ingredients in them that your head will spin. Do you know exactly what a given product is going to do to you?
      Me either for some of the newer stuff out there. Learning a responsible amount about products, though, will help protect you in the long run, especially if you delve into more *ahem* serious products.

Anyways, like I said, I wanted to write a review on a fairly basic supplement, and
      besides protein what does EVERYONE think of in terms of muscle building supplements?
      Creatine, and in my case the very first creatine I was exposed to was creatine monohydrate.

Now what the hell is creatine? Its a naturally occuring (your body makes it) organic acid that supplies energy to cells of the body by increasing ATP (adenosine triphosphate) production. Think of ATP as the
      cellular currency by which energy is transferred within cells.

Now what does this mean? It means supplementing creatine is beneficial because it may help generate more power during
      intense exercise, and long term supplementation may produce gains in lean body mass, strength, and power. Now there are
      a few different types of creatine, including monohydrate, micronized, chelated, serum, ethyl ester, PH buffered, ect.

Enough of the science lesson, this review is for Creaform creatine by Primaforce, which is a creatine monohydrate, the most trusted form of creatine IMO.

--------

Taste/Mixability(9/10)

-------

There isn't much you can say about the taste, it may taste a bit chalky if you try
      to taste the powder, but its flavorless powder so what do you expect? I mix mine with apple juice really quick, just give it a few good stirs and you will be good to go. It doesn't mix completely for me, but who cares? Im not very patient and Im not painting a portrait or anything, I'm taking my supplements.

-------

Effectiveness(8/10)

----------

I've got to say, I have only tried Creatine mono, micronized, and kre alk and this is by far my favorite. Creatine isn't exactly a prohormone so if you are getting 30lb increases on your lifts you are either new to lifting, lifting wrong, or just fooling yourself. With that said, creatine monohydrate is the only creatine that I could tell was actually working. Kre alk especially
      I took and felt like it was a waste after I was done with my 60 day supply because I felt nothing the entire time. With this, however, I felt a difference in strength, recovery, and workout power, which is one reason
      I will probably take 3 month on 1 month off for as long as I keep this lifestyle.

Price(10/10)

-----------

This is by far the most pleasing part about creatine monohydrate, and especially this brand in particular. I bought this last fall on BB.com. One kilogram equals 1000 grams. 5 grams per servings made the container 200 servings. And at 23.00 a tub that comes out to 0.12 per serving! Spectacular. How can you not have this in your supplement stash?

-----------

Overall(9/10)

----------

There really isn't any doubt that creatine monohydrate is effective for bodybuilders. As a supplement, its been around for as long or longer than I have been alive. It is a very good supplement as a standalone for a beginner, or as part of a supplement stack for the more advanced.

Advertisement: