Citrulline Malate Reviews

By: PrimaForce

Citrulline Malate is an Amino Acid Product manufactured by PrimaForce. It is an amino acid based product that doesn't fall directly into the other categories. The use can vary depending on the specific product.

March 30, 2018

• Decent Pump For Your Junk

Update 04/04/2018:
UPDATE: Just contacted company, this product is a 1:1 ratio.

Update 04/04/2018:
UPDATE: Just contacted company, this product is a 1:1 ratio.
-----

I've been going to the gym 9+ years, and have made great gains in size and strength. I workout with weights and end my workouts with cardio. I train for strength and endurance. I've used pre workouts for a while, but lately have not used a pre workout for a couple of months.. I simply drink coffee, and then mix creatine HCL (1.5 G - 750mg free acid creatine, 750mg creatine hcl) beta alanine by prima force 2-3G, and now this product in Gatorade and water and drink it pre workout, and I've been having phenominal workouts.

L- Citrulline DL - Malate

L-Citrulline is a non essential amino acid that is a precursor to arginine and increases nitric oxide production, which helps increase blood flow throughout your body and helps provide increased muscular energy.

DL - Malate - salt of malic acid, combined with l-citrulline helps increase muscle ATP and remove wastes from the blood that increases muscle fatigue and slows down energy production.

** This product DOES NOT disclose the Citrulline to Malate ratio on its label, which I took a little bit off it's final score for. Typically you want a 2:1 ratio, of 2 parts citrulline to 1 part malate, and this product doesn't disclose if it is in fact a 2:1 ratio.

Taste/Mixability - I got this product unflavored, but it has a bit of a sour taste to it (from the malate). Not a big deal though. This product mixes pretty good but sometimes there's some settling at the bottom so you need to really stir this.

Dosing - 1 serving size is 2G per scoop. The label directions states to take 3-4 scoops before exercise.

I use the product 3 scoops pre workout, to get 6G citrulline malate. The BCAA mix I was using for 1-2 servings as an intra workout had 1G of citrulline malate per serving, so I was still getting 7-8G of citrulline malate with that combined. But 6G to 8G is where you want to be for a full dose of citrulline malate.

As I stated in my intro, I was originally having coffee for caffeine, then taking creatine hcl and beta alanine pre workout, and was having some great workouts with that. Since I added this to the pre workout stack, it helped even more. I felt some great pumps while using this product, and was feeling less fatigued after each set, and at times getting extra reps / able to add a little more weight. The creatine hcl and beta alanine was good enough for me, but this helped build on that further.

So to sum it up, this was a good trio with creatine hcl and beta alanine, and helped me push it harder in the gym and maximize my efforts. And another key thing I want to add about this product, is that a few times already I went to the gym feeling like crap just run down and tired from a busy work week and/or poor quality of sleep the night before, and I was just expecting to go through my routine workout and not expecting much, and to my surprise I wound up hitting PRs and doing better than expected. I didn't feel great going into the workout, but once the weights started moving I just had that pump where I was lifting them easier than expected and still able to have a good workout when I wasn't feeling my best or expecting to get a new PR in reps over the week prior. So taking this product - felt like crap going in, but felt great and had a better workout once the weight started moving and the pumps started going.

Okay here's the tricky part of this review. I paid $16.98 on body building.com for 100 servings. Typically $17 for 100 servings sounds like an amazing deal and should be a 10/10 right? Well 1 serving is 2G, and since I'm using this product at 6G pre workout, that's 3 servings at a time for me. So now that $17 gets re-adjusted to 33 servings.

$17 for 33 servings is still amazing right? Well yes and no. This is $17 for just 1 ingredient of a pre workout. So for most pre workouts on the market that go for $30-$40 you're getting a handful of pre workout ingredients - citrulline malate and creatine and beta alanine and others etc.. So basically other pre workouts cost 2-3x more than this 1 ingredient alone but you're getting a bunch of ingredients. However, most pre workouts that sell for $30-$40 that have citrulline malate in it along with other pre workout ingredients, have citrulline malate at an under dosed serving!!! The only pre workout that I personally used, which claims to have citrulline malate at a 2:1 ratio for a full dose, is pre jym, and that costs $50 for 30 servings.

So to sum it up, $17 for 33 servings for my use, of 1 ingredient of a pre workout, BUT at a full dose. However we do not know the ratio.

Side Effects

None to report.

Conclusion

I'd recommend this product, as I did have an extra pump and even better workouts after adding this to my stack of 2 other ingredients taken pre workout (creatine hcl and beta alanine). I had some great pumps/workouts on days I just wasn't feeling it prior to hitting the weights.

This product on bodybuilding.com sold for $17 for 100 servings, but i'd recommend taking atleast 3 servings of this pre workout, so this will wind up being 33 servings around if used at a proper full dose. If you're already using a pre workout that has citrulline malate but under dosed, then you can use this to add in citrulline malate to that pre workout, and in that case you might only need 1-2 scoops of this product.

Good product, a little bit of a sour taste, helps give better pumps / muscle energy in the gym. The label does not state the ratio of citrulline to malate in the product, so I will be contacting the company to find out (already tried this today but didn't get through will try again) and then will add it to the comments section here.

July 6, 2016

• Tartness

(About yourself, 1-3 sentences maximum)
I actually stumbled across this product while performing a search on Citrulline Malate, and the reviews for this particular product popped up on the Supplementreviews website. I was looking for a "pre-workout", and had run across some information about the endurance factor that Citrulline Malate can enhance. I wanted to avoid caffeine due to increased cortisol levels, and too high of an elevated heart rate. I also wanted a product that bypassed the small intestine and went straight into the bloodstream. Others praise L-Arginine, but lose up to 70% of the product thru digestion.

2000mg of L-Citrulline Malate.
1 scoop equal to 2grams

As indicated from previous consumers, the product taste like a Lemon Head on steroids. As with most amino products, it is very, very bitter.
Best to mix in a small amount of water or juice, and just chug it. Hold your nose if needed, and take it like a man!

The product mixes well and is not hydrophobic like a BCAA product. Nothing floating on top or gritty on the bottom.
My first dose was only 2 grams, or 1 scope. The following day I ingested 4 grams 20 minutes prior to an endurance bike ride. From the studies I have read, 4 to 6 grams is the recommended dose.

I have only been back on my road bike a few weeks, but after two back to back 20 mile plus rides on extremely hot days I could tell a definite difference. I felt stronger with an endorphin high, and was able to push myself harder during my ride than I have this early in the season. On the third day, I rode a quick 25 minute speed ride that was only 10-12 miles and had the same effect. Unfortunately, I had a prior commitment so was unable to test the endurance factor but was able to fly thru the ride!

I also tried the product during my resistance training. Definitely a great pump prior and after my lift, and was able to crank out extra reps during each set of a full body workout. Look forward to trying the product next week on my split training routine.

I purchased the product from Amazon for $15.99, which is about half of what I found on other sites. Well worth the money spent.

Side Effects

I did not experience any negative side effects; just the minor aftertaste that was to be expected.

Conclusion

The Primaforce product is now my go to supplement for pre-workout and maintenance. I was able to push harder and did not have the jitters that other pre-workouts sometimes give. The product was not offered locally any longer, so you may have to purchase online more than likely. Other than protein and creatine, I limit the number of products I consume. I was pleased to have had the same results of others, and not experience just disappointed hype like other items. The other factor that drew me to the Primaforce brand, was that they seemed to be more specialized after viewing their website. Other companies have their hand in every realm of the supplement world, but I like purchasing from manufacturers that have a primary focus and expertise.

Hope you have the same results! Thanks.

September 22, 2015

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Big Pumps All Around Your Body
  • Short Lived Pumps

Since this product has been reviewed almost twenty times by now, I will make this review brief and just emphasize a few key points.

I wanted to purchase a Citrulline Malate product to give me an extra pump in the gym and have found numerous good reviews about PrimaForce's CM on this site. From my reading on CM, I have found that we can obtain CM in some foods and our bodies can produce it. Since we can produce it ourselves, CM is a non-essential amino acid. Our bodies can convert CM into Arginine and also to Nitric Oxide. It also can open up our veins and arteries to increase blood flow; hence the reports of improved vascularity.

This is a very simple ingredient profile which only contains L-Citrulline-DL-Malate. It comes as a fine white powder.

----Taste/Mixability/Dosing---
Taste: As established previously by other reviewers, it has a very bitter taste. I do not find it to be hard to consume at all but then again, I can eat lemons alone with no problem.

Mixability: Since I did not find the CM to be overly bitter, I did not have any problem taking this product by itself. I did not mix it with any liquid, so I cannot comment on how well or badly it mixed in a liquid.

Dosing: This is also very direct. The recommended use calls for one to three servings before and during exercise. It does not call for taking CM on off days. A serving equals 2000mg (two grams) that is measured by the scoop provided. The scoop has a long handle and is not hard to find in the tub when it is first opened. I only needed one scoop to two scoops of this prior to my work out because my pre-workout contains some CM as well. I took it about fifteen minutes prior to my workout on an empty stomach. I never took any CM during my work out, so I am unable to say if it made a difference if you took it as an intra.

The Citrulline Malate definitely provided me with more vascularity and a better pump during my workouts. I have also noticed that its effect does not wear off towards the end of the tub either. I have finished three tubs already and the effectiveness has stayed consistent from beginning to end. I have never wanted to increase the number of scoops taken because I do not feel like I need a pump to the point where I cannot move my arms during a workout. However, I have not noticed any extra endurance or improved recovery while supplementing CM like the label claims, thus losing some points.

I believe this is the best part about PrimaForce's CM. I ordered mine a few months back from BodyBuilding.com for $17.99 for a 200 gram (100 serving) tub. They had a buy two get one free deal, so for $35.98, I received 300 servings of this product. That is equal to about $0.12 a serving. Even if you pay the full $18 on BB.com, it still equals $0.18 a serving. I consider this to be a great price for what you are getting.

Side Effects

I did not note any side effects while taking this product.

Conclusion

I believe that this is a quality product should be taken if you are looking for a better pump in the gym. I like how it only contains one ingredient and does not contain dyes or any artificial sweeteners/flavors. You can pair this with a pre workout supplement or it can be taken on its own. I would especially suggest CM if you are cycling off stimulants for a while. I do not feel like it is a necessary supplement, but if you can find a good deal on it, then go ahead and consider purchasing it.

Some other little notes are that the label claims it is made in the USA, which is a plus for me at least. Also, even though it says something along the lines of store in a cool, dry place, I left this in my car for a couple days during the summer and the powder got hard and clumpy. I had to break it up with a fork to be able to use it again. There was not much left in the tub at that point though, so it was not that big of a deal to me. I do not think the heat impacted its effectiveness, but then again, there was not much left.

March 27, 2015

• Tartness

I bought this as a BOGO deal after reading about how it increases recovery/reduces muscle fatigue, enhances "pumps" (vascularity/cardiovascular health), increase endurance (aerobic energy), and is used to treat dementia and other applications. I also have noticed how it seemed to be under-dosed in nearly every pre-workout or other supplement that includes it in their profile as most studies utilized an 8g dose.

This product is very straightforward. The 200 gram tub has a label reading:
Serving Size: 1 Level Scoop (2000mg)
Servings Per Container: 100
Amount Per Serving % Daily Value
L-Citrulline DL-Malate 2,000 mg

I have to admit that I would like to know if this comes in a 1:1 or 2:1 ratio, or neither. I really could not identify specifically from the bottle or their website. Though the label is otherwise clear-cut, not saying what the ratio is of l-citrulline to malac acid keeps me from rating it higher.

It comes in a very fine, white powder with a small scoop, that is easy to reach all the way into the container. The powder more or less mixes relatively well with your water for your pre-workout. There really isn't any residue that I have noticed. The dosing is very true to a level scoop (I used my scale to measure it out). I did not track every time I used it to make sure that there was as many servings as the bottle claims, but I would believe it to be true, as I did not find myself going through the tubs at any alarmingly fast rate.

Taste was my singular complaint with this product. Others noted in reviews here that it was a bit of a downside as well. I really found this powder to be so darn tart that I had difficulty in the first several times I used it, to even drink it down. I puckered up and struggled to finish the pre-workout I'd mix it in. When mixed with other powders it definitely helped, but the tartness also affects the flavors of other powders that I found it really ruining the good taste of my favorite pre-workouts.

I honestly had such an issue with it that I used some "00" empty gel caps that I had, filled them with the powder (this was a ridiculous time-sucking action) BUT I found swallowing this in caps easier to do, and then I could enjoy my PWO again! After about the first tub was used, I found it much more tolerable and was able to mix it again into my pre-workout, but the tartness still destroyed the great taste of the pre-workout.

After trying a few NO pump products and being sorely disappointed in the results (or lack thereof) I was pleasantly surprised how well this actually worked for me. I did not use it as a standalone product, and always added it into my pre-workout. I found that overall, I had a bit more vascularity and a more enhanced "pump" than just a pre-workout alone. It also delivered consistently the same from one workout to the next, where I found other NO products to either not do much at all, or the results of their usage too sketchy to definitively say they were doing anything at all.

7.5/10
Another good thing about Primaforce's Citrulline malate I liked was how affordable they made it for me to purchase and try. I bought 3 tubs for the price of 2 (right now the same deal goes for a total of $35.28 on bodybuilding.com). If you were to take 8 grams with each workout, that's a price of 75 doses for $35.28, or 47 cents every time you used it. It actually lasted me a lot longer, as I only added the difference between what my pre-workout said it had in it, to get a total of 8 grams, so sometimes I only needed 2 or 3 scoops.

Side Effects

In the first several times I used this, I did notice some GI upset. I would get some nausea from this, but after I consistently used it, I didn't notice any GI issues at all. Other than getting used to the tartness, I had to no ill effects to note.

Conclusion

Overall, I would rate this the best NO product I have used, and truly do not think this is a placebo effect. I found Primaforce's citrulline malate easy to use, dose, mix, and carry around in my gym bag (hurray for tiny tubs!!) I will plan to purchase this again in the future and continue to test the results.

9.1
  March 20, 2015

• Recover

(Background info on yourself, diet, experience, goals, first thoughts on the product and how you discovered SR)
    Im not usually a fan of buying individual aminos because between protein shakes, BCAAS, and real food, how necessary are these individual aminos? Curiousity honestly got the best of me with citrulline though because of its rising inclusion in pres at low doses and packing a punch in the pumps despite such small doses. When I did my research Primaforce seemed like the way to go as far as price, quantity, and quality. There brand nor its supplement did not let me down.

(Your thoughts on the ingredients/label of the product)
    Ingredients: Citrulline Malate 2000mg
    Other ingredients: None Which is what I wanted because I decided to test the effectiveness of Citrulline Malate in the different areas it aides as far as working out and recovery. For those of you who dont know Citrulline is another amino similar to arginine in helping provide production of Nitric oxide(Pump for most people), only citrulline helps the body produce more arginine than intaking arginine itself. Most people know this but I became more interested in the other areas of use. According to research citrulline also help with lowering lactic acid levels as well as keeping the bodies arteries open to allow for better nutrient delivery and aid in recovery as well as and this was told to me by a gym buddy(Im not claiming it as fact) can possibly help with GH levels if dosed in the morning or right before bed which makes a little sense since those are the times those hormones are the most active.

Flavorless but a little sour. It mixxed decently never left and flakes but then again I shake the crap out of my blender bottles. As for as dosing that changed because of how I used it. In the morning I would take a scoop(2g) with 10g of Kinetic Bcaas for a morning recovery boost.Onescoop pre workout with one or two scoops of my superpump for a total of 5-6(Scary for some not for me) for literally some of the most intense workouts. Another scoop post workout with creatine and my protein shake for better nutrient delivery post workout.

As for my morning scoops with my BCAAS I felt my muscles recover a little faster because which ever body part I hit the day before was sort of inflated the next day after I took my aminos and Citrulline almost like a throbbing but it felt great honestly. For my pre workout scoop it helped transition into some amazing workouts. Since citrulline is heavily a pump ingredient I tailored my workout towards higher reps and endurance training. Welll, I was able to take all my major compound lifts up about 5-6 reps a piece. Squats from 225 for 4 to 225 for 10 Bench from 185 for 6 to 205 for 10 and overhead press 115 for 4 to 115 for 9 My deadlift I kept low but strength went up here as well. One thing I used to notice is my mucles would flare up whenever my volume got high or weight as well but when I added some citrulline during my workouts that burning feeling didnt happen. Definitely a plus it was starting to get discouraging. Post workout with my shake and aminos was not bad either it helped a bit with the creatine bloat and woke up feeling a little looser not so tight in my muscles.

20 bucks for 200g and doses at only 2g thats a 100 servings which lasted me over a month. I think that isnt so bad considering the amount of abuse I put it threw to test it out.

Side Effects

None except for EXTREME morning wood but hey hows that a problem?

Conclusion

Main thing this product did what I expected. It helped me with my recovery, it helped put a boost on my old yet still amazing pre workout by providing me with amazing pumps and strength and endurance gains. Ill be honest I dont find it essential in a stack but definitley a BOOST to any.

February 6, 2014

• Endurance
      I am almost done with my second tub of Prima Forces citrulline malate and will be sticking with it.
      This product works as expected/advertised. One way I really could tell was when i started adding it to my preworkout. Since most preworkouts have only 1-2 grams which is well short of clinical doing, I started adding a heaping scoop of this. I could feel extra energy, and more of a pump.
      Downside - Taste. When taking on it's own, or w/ unflavored creatine (which is how I started using it) it tasted exactly what you would expect for an amino acid w/no additives. It has a sour taste (like citrus, not bad milk sour) and doens't mix all the way. Instead of messing around after the first few times I just threw a scoop in my outh and downed it with some liquid real quick.
      Value is great. Even doubling the scoop to get near clinical dosing, it still comes out to about 35 cents per serving, so not bad at all.
      Overall would def recommend and will continue to use.

August 14, 2013

Citrulline Malate

Breakdown-
        mhseaver670 went into a pretty good analysis of what citrulline does, but to sum it up it helps with vasodilatation, can reduce lactic acid and help "shovel out" metabolic waste, and can aid in ATP production. For me personally, I knew it responded well within my body because I always saw a dramatic increase in veins along my arms and shoulders. PrimaForce states it has a "lab tested" and quality product, but I never know if this is true or just marketing. What I did notice was that its effects were very beneficial throughout its usage and for this product I had no question on its higher quality claims. But I'll break it down into the specs

Dosing/Profile/Taste- 10

Comes with a scoop and the entire profile is 2000mg of Citrulline Malate per scoop. Can't get more basic than that. Exactly what I paid for and no more. It mixes well within any preworkout that I take and never had any issues with clumping throughout the tubs life. Taste by itself is extremely tart, but when mixed with things like C4 and Dr. Jekyll it brings out more of a candy flavor. Especially with the sweetness of C4.

Value- 10

The jug is 200g, meaning you get 100 scoops. I love adding it into every preworkout and even in my Modern BCAA's that I sip during my workouts and just throughout the day in general. With a price tag like $15, it's the definition of bang for your buck. It lasts a very long times obviously and never loses effectiveness.

Effectiveness- 9

I just never feel right giving any product 10's across the board, but this will come as close to perfect as it can get but that is also because it is one ingredient. I notice a huge difference in vascularity when I'm taking it and when I'm not, especially when the cutting season is here and I'm leaner than normal. I've also noted when stacked with CarnoSyn beta-alanine, an increase in endurance is felt over beta-alanine alone. Whenever I lift in the earlier hours, I take an amino supplement afterwards (currently bulk MBCCA's by USPowders) and add another 2-4 grams of citrulline into that and it helps me maintain that vascular look throughout the day.

Overall- 9

Because this is one product that I always stack with other things, I cannot give it a ten like some products that are a true stand alone. But that also dips back into the fact that it is only one ingredient and a top quality and quantity ingredient that I believe everyone should have on hand to add with their pwo. I know I will be buying more of this soon, and then hopefully bring back the intercity highway veins that we all strive for.

May 9, 2013

Pros:
         Cons:
        • Big Pumps All Around Your Body
        • Recover
        • Pumps Last For Months
        • Sour Taste(not Really A Con)
        Alright, so I been checking this site for awhile now to get unbiased reviews on all my favorite supplements. Figured it was time to join the fun.

Overview: I tried PrimaForce's Citrulline Malate for the first time last summer and have to say I was very happy with the results. Basically, it is supposed to improved endurance, recovery, and vascularity. The citrulline is supposed to be a precursor to arginine which is a precursor to NO. The malate is extracted from apples and is supposed to increase endurance. The only other supplements I was taking with it were my multis, omega 3s, whey and casein proteins. I was also on cytosport's monster pump for a few weeks (no more than 2) during the 6 weeks I took citrulline.

Dosing: So all the research related to this supplement shows that it is most effective with at least 6g. There are studies up to 12g. For the first 2 weeks I took 12g/day which would be 6 scoops. For the remaining 4 weeks I only took 6g/day which is 3 scoops.

Effectiveness 9/10: While on this product I noticed that my stamina/endurance increased fairly significantly. It helps a lot with high volume training and anything endurance related like cycling for example. It does not necessarily improve strength like creatine would. Instead it gives you more endurance to bang out extra reps on exercises lasting longer than say 30 seconds and train longer without getting tired. That is where the gains come. I can also recall that my legs did not tire as quickly during basketball practice either (this is when I took it in the winter).

As far as my appearance goes I definitely added some lean muscle. I think this is a result of the fact that I was able to train longer and soreness was somewhat reduced. Finally, it gave me the "pumped up" look I wanted. I'm a pretty lean dude to begin with, but this stuff definitely brought out some veins and definition I never seen before. You won't necessarily notice this right away, but by week 3 you'll have veins poking out of your arms even when your not working out. The best part is that this pumped look stays with you for a significant amount of time after you stop using it. There is research that shows your NO levels stay elevated for up to 12 weeks after a cycle of Citrulline.

Value 10/10: You can get 100 servings of 2g for about 15 bucks on allstarhealth.com. I've yet to find a brand that can beat that.

Taste 5/10: I usually just scoop the powder into my mouth and wash it down with water. It has a very, very sour apple taste (from the malate) but its tolerable. Don't waste your time mixing it with protein shakes it will just kill the flavor. However, it actually tastes fine when mixed with some pwos. It goes perfect with superpump max's apple flavor for example.

Overall 9.5/10: I would recommend this to any athlete looking to increase endurance and recovery. As far as training is concerned, I would go high volume so you can take advantage of the endurance benefits. I think cycling on and off is your best bet. A 6 week cycle seemed perfect to me as you will reap the benefits well beyond the 6 weeks as long as you put the work in.

A great supplement to stack it with is beta alanine for 6 weeks as well. I normally go 3 weeks citrulline then introduce beta alanine. By the time the 6 weeks of citrulline is done I still have 3 weeks of beta alanine left. After the 9 weeks on this your NO levels are through the roof and you'll look pumped 24/7. I also like to mention that I think this is a perfect product for people looking to make lean muscle gains and those who focus on staying cut. But I'm sure anyone can benefit from it, particularly anyone that trains high volume.

Lastly, I can't say there were any negative side effects. Great product. Even better when you stack it with beta alanine.

April 11, 2013

Pros:
         Cons:
        • Big Pumps All Around Your Body
        • Helped Reduce Dependence On Caffeine
          There are already plenty of great reviews on this, but I figured I would share my experience. I had been thinking about making a homemade pre workout, and bought this off Amazon because it came with a free 250 gram pouch of beta alanine. I was also looking for something to allow me to cut my preworkout dosage and lower my caffeine intake, since I was in dire need of a stim break, and this really helped a lot in that respect. I am really glad I decided to purchase this, and it is now a staple of mine. Mhseaver's review has a good, detailed description of what citrulline malate is and what it does; I bought this for its pump and endurance enhancing properties, and was happy to discover that it also aided in recovery.

How I used this:

After experimenting with doses ranging from 2 grams (1 scoop) to 10 grams (5 scoops), I found that taking 5-6 grams on an empty stomach 20 minutes before working out gave me solid effects without burning through the tub too quickly. I mixed this with 2-3 grams of beta alanine and about half my normal dose of whatever preworkout supplement I was taking.

Taste:

I'm not going to rate the taste since it is subjective, but like others have commented, it is very tart and sour - kind of like a lemon. I actually really liked it though. Most times, I would dump the powder straight into my mouth and chase it with my preworkout. Whenever I decided to mix it instead, it made the preworkout taste better in my opinion, especially if it was one that was a little too sweet. If you've ever had the unflavored Promera Con-Cret, it is similar to that but not quite as harsh. Another thing I can liken the flavor to is the coating on crybaby bubblegum or just a plain lemon. If you mix this in water, it actually kind of tastes like it has lemon juice in it.

Overall Effectiveness: 9.5/10

Like I said earlier, I bought this for increased pump and endurance, and found that this delivered in both those areas. At 2 grams I really didn't notice much, but I found my best effects at around 5-6 grams. I'll break it down into three main aspects for ease of reading. (Pump, endurance, and recovery).

Pump: 9/10

This was the first thing I noticed when taking this, especially on upper body workouts. After my warmup sets I would have a very full, wet pump as others have put it. I say wet because it is like the muscles were filled with fluid and had more volume than normal. This usually continued throughout my workout (~1 hour), but was gone within an hour or so once I was done. At higher doses (~10 grams), the pumps could even be painful especially in the biceps. I almost never do curls or any other isolation work for them, but pullups/chinup sets really inflated them. I also experienced my first ever back pump while taking this.

Endurance: 9.5/10

This was apparent from the first time I took this, even somewhat at 2 grams. At my usual dose of 5 grams, I recovered much more quickly between sets and could pump out a couple more reps for each.

Recovery: 8/10

I didn't really buy this as a recovery product, but taking a few grams on non-training days did seem to reduce the severeness of doms somewhat. It wasn't a dramatic decrease, but it was slightly noticeable.

*Side effects: NONE

I didn't have any side effects at all from this.

You can get a 200 gram tub of this for around $15 online, which is roughly $0.38/serving if you take 5 grams like I do. Not bad at all, especially if it enables you to cut back on your preworkout dose, which is typically a more costly supplement. If you find a deal where they throw in something else for free, you can increase the value even more.

I am really glad I decided to buy this, and would recommend this to anyone looking to enhance their current preworkout or even reduce their caffeine intake. I am ordering a new tub today, and will continue to keep this in my stack indefinitely.

October 18, 2012

• Sour Taste(not Really A Con)
          First time reviewer on here and gotta say that this website is awesome! This website has helped me out with so many topics and even opened my eyes to many more.

Primaforce's citrulline malate is supposed to support endurance, be a arginine precursor (help dilate blood vessels), and support recovery.

Dosing: I dosed this 3 different ways. The first way I dosed was with a PWO (Cobra Labs The Curse), then i added ON beta alanine about a week later. Did 1 scoop of PWO, 1 scoop of beta alanine, and 1-2 scoops of citrulline. I would end up dosing 2 scoops a few days later because i felt like i building a tolerance. Dosing this about 20 minutes with my PWO and beta alanine before working out. I also did 2-3 scoops with gatorade but felt it worked better with a PWO. I only took this on days that i worked out.

Effectiveness: With the gatorade i good pumps, but not as good with PWO. I was doing zottman curls, alternating incline curls with twists, and hammer curls, and with the PWO it felt like my forearms and biceps were going to explode when i would go till failure on my last sets. I've never really took a supplement like this that's supposed to help produce pumps but from this website i felt safe going with citrulline. I would feel the pumps go away for a bit if I would stop and chat with someone, but I lift pretty fast whenever i'm in the zone and listening to music.

Value: I got this at BBing for 19$ which isn't too bad. It lasted a little over 50 days since i started using 1 scoop for a few days, then upping it to 2 scoops when i worked out. That's about 38 cents a serving for 2 scoops a day. The taste on this stuff is also a little sour when you start dosing 2-3 scoops, although it didn't bother me.

Cons: One negative i can think for this is that my tub of citrulline was always clumpy every time i would open it. I'd have dig out the scooper and give it a good shake, and then it would still sometimes be pretty chunky. This stuff sticks to anything also. The citrulline would stick to the scooper like crazy and make a mess. The only real negative was when i dosed 3 scoops with a PWO thinking i could handle it and i ended up getting super light headed. I ended up still working out but not as hard as i would usually go.

Overall: Overall this product is pretty awesome for a pump. The only reason i knocked down the overall was because of much mine clumped together. Not sure if it was just mine or everyone else's did the same thing. I would advise mixing it with a PWO and only dosing one scoop to see how it works for you. From what PrimaForce claims from this product, i'd say it delivered on all three. While, again I was taking this mostly with a PWO and a beta alanine, I still feel like it did what it was supposed to do. You can't beat a product that actually does what it's supposed to do and for how cheap it is. I would definitely buy this again and will probably start using this as a regular in my stack.