Beta Alanine Reviews

By: PrimaForce

Amino Acids > Beta-Alanine
Beta Alanine is a Beta-Alanine Product manufactured by PrimaForce. It helps increase carnosine levels, which helps buffer lactic acid and increase muscle endurance by decreasing the 'burn' during exercise. This increse in endurance can translate to increased muscle mass and strength.

November 20, 2017

• Amazing When Stacked With Creatine
  • Good Energy

I've been going to the GYM 9 years ago, started out the skinniest weakest kid, I've gained a lot of size and strength over the 9 years. For my workouts, I lift heavy (mostly free weights) using close to my 1 rep max, for 3-5 sets of around 5 reps per set, focusing on good full form. When the heavy weight I'm using starts to feel easier and I'm getting more reps and going heavier, I can feel this product is helping.

2G Beta-Alanine (as CarnoSyn) serving size is 2 level scoops.

Unflavored, has a slight bitter taste to it, but not bad at all.. Mixes very easy.

I don't think it comes in any flavors, as the website I ordered from didn't offer it in anything besides unflavored.

The dose Is 2 Level Scoops. I take this product 2x daily.. On workout days I take this product before and after workout, 2G each time.. sometimes If I use c4 preworkout I'll add 1 scoop (1G half a serving to the c4, other times I'll just take c4 and then 2G of this after.. other times I wont use c4 and I'll take this 2G before and after) on off days I take this product twice a day spread out. I also use Creatine HCL. The creatine hcl I used alone for a while and I felt it worked great, When I added this product to it I felt an extra boost, a 1-2 punch from the 2.

Does exactly what it's supposed to do. Daily Beta alanine use is supposed to increase muscle carnosine levels and improve muscular endurance, and this product does just that. I've felt a better pump in the gym lately and have been stronger than ever.

Bought this product online from bodybuilding.com for $17.99, with tax and basic shipping I got it for $21 total, and it arrived the next day. This bottle claims to be 100 servings, which would be a 10 rating for that, but I gave it a 9 on value because it fell short of that.. If this bottle is 100 servings, and I use it twice a day, it should last 50 days right? $21 for 50 days would be awesome. However, this product only lasted me 30-35 days, using it twice a day, at a level scoop, so the bottle was alittle false with saying it's 100 servings because for me it wasn't.. However $21 for just over a month supply is still a great value.

GNC also sells this product for a few dollars more online, the GNC stores near me don't carry this product, so online for them it would come to a few dollars more than the $21 it cost me to get it.

Side Effects

Just the tingling you get from beta alanine, nothing else.

Conclusion

Great product, only $21 and it works. It gives you a great pump and you will really feel yourself able to take your workouts to the limits and beyond.

October 25, 2016

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Extremely Cheap
    • Tasteless
    • Muscular Endurance

Greetings, my name is Sergio and I am on the verge of graduation with a degree in Public Health and Minor in English Literature. I discovered Supplement Reviews out of the desire to seek credibility and effectiveness in the products I sought to purchase. Currently, I am lean bulking sitting nicely around 180 pounds looking to gain 3-4 pounds of lean muscle over the next months. With nearly 4 years of training on my belt I look forward to reviewing many of the supplements I have taken including; Pre-workouts, Whey/Casein Proteins, Weight Gainers, Creatine, Caffeine Pills, Amino Acids and among various others.

This product is 100% pure Beta Alanine.

The product is unflavored and when dissolved in water no taste is detected. It's grainy texture instantly dissolves upon contact. A serving is 2000mg/2g of Beta-Alanine(scooper included).

I supplement this product with other ingredients such as Caffeine and Citrulline Malate to create my own Pre-Workout drink, and the effects of the Beta Alanine have always been apparent. In addition, I have had this supplement by itself. In both instance, I can feel the tingling sensation that radiates from your skin. Beta Alanine is superior for allowing one to have more endurance during your workouts, and it definitely meets the expectation.

This product is a long term investment at about less than 20 cents a serving and under $20 you can rack up a modest 100 servings.

Side Effects

No noted side effects.

Conclusion

If your Pre-Workout is lacking BETA ALANINE, do yourself the favor and add this to your regimen now. If your one who likes to go hard and get it done at the gym, Beta Alanine will keep your endurance lifted and its skin-tingling sensation will keep you driven.

March 3, 2012

Pros:
       Cons:
      • Extremely Cheap
      • Tasteless
      • Muscular Endurance
        This is my first review on here. I think this stuff yields good results. I've been taking it for probably 7 months and I am just about to finish the container (it lasts forever). I think I paid less than $20
        for it off of supplementwarehouse.com.

I'm not a scientist so I'm not going to act like I know exactly what it does. It gives you tingles when you first start taking it- but now after 7 months, i only feel this very slightly.

I've been stacking it with Isopure protein (which from years of use, I think is the best protien powder available), Krealkalyn powder by Scifit, and PrimaForce BCAA powder. All of these together have given my muscles more fullness and I generally have NO soreness using this stack of supps.

The only aspect of this stack which i will be stopping is the BCAA powder. The Isopure I take and the Casein powder I take have a ton of BCAAs in them so I think adding more BCAAs to my stack is just overkill. (My stomach informed me of this on a couple of occasions.) The cliff notes: the beta alanine and the rest of these supps have given me more muscle fullness and I am never sore, even after hard workouts. Hope this helps people make a decision on these items.

October 14, 2011

• Amazing When Stacked With Creatine
          One of the best supplements I have ever taken, period.

I was a bit skeptical at first when I heard about beta alanine, but I did some research and was pretty impressed to find actual studies and not just some random BS.

It's like beta alanine and creatine were meant to be together. I stacked it with creatine monohydrate while on a size gaining program and I was pretty impressed with the gains and performance in the gym. I no longer had to stop at the pain threshold when I was doing high intensity lifting, which resulted in more reps.

There is also studies showing the benefits of stacking this product with creatine, but I don't want to go into an essay of details.

$35 for 500g of this stuff? And its a good product?! That's a solid 10 right there.

Mixability: 10/10

Put it in a 500mL bottle of water, shake it up for 10 seconds, and its completely gone. That's the way it should be.

Taste: 8.5/10

Tasted a bit of bitter saltiness at times, but it wasn't as bad as other products I've tried. For the most bit, its tasteless.

Dosage: 9/10

It says 2g pre workout and 2g post workout, and on resting days its 2g morning and 2g 6-8 hours later (I believe). For guys who are a bit heavier than the rest of the crowd, (200 lbs) you might want to increase the pre-workout dose to 4g and post-workout to 2-3g.

I highly recommend that anyone who hasn't taken this product does so right now. You won't be disappointed.

December 1, 2010

Pros:
           Cons:
          • Extremely Cheap
          • Good Energy
            This is a product that I will never do without again. A lot of supplements already have Beta Alanine in their blends, but I really enjoy the effects of taking it as straight Beta Alanine mixed into one of my other supplements.

It is tasteless, so you can't go wrong there. I have mixed it with protein shakes, Jacked, and some other supplements, and it doesn't affect it at all...huge plus.

As far as the results, I feel as though this is one of those supplements that you can really tell the difference when you are NOT taking it. Even with my regular pre-workout supplement, I still feel as though I need that little extra boost without loading up on caffeine or another scoop of N.O. Xplode. This gives that extra boost. I never take more than 4g a day, and that seems to be about perfect for me. Sometimes, I will get the tingling feeling that others mention when taking extra Beta Alanine, and I do not really mind this. However, if this is something you would be worried about, just start at 2g and assess your tolerance levels. At lower doses, I do not get the feeling.

As far as the price is concerned, it is a GREAT deal. AllStarHealth had a deal on it awhile back, and I got a tub for $19.99 which has 250 servings. I never take more than a serving a day, so this is basically 2/3 of the year for $20. I see that as a great deal.

Overall, I would recommend this to someone who needs an extra boost who doesn't want more pre-workout blends or coffee. It may not be for everyone, but there is great value in it for those who do choose to take it.

April 26, 2010

Pros:
             Cons:
            • Extremely Cheap
            • Worth Every Penny
            • Tasteless
            • Muscular Endurance
              It's time for a much needed review on something I think gets overlooked. Beta-Alanine is becoming almost essential in any pre-workout or intra supplement and there is a reason.

Beta-Alanine supports muscular endurance and increases carnosine levels. The newest research out shows this even improves aerobic endurance and decreases body fat. It doesn't only sound good, but it has been proven in numerous studies on humans, not rats. In my opinion, it is more better than creatine. And it works.

When you are cranking out reps, you feel that "burn" in your muscles. That's lactic acid or some call it "metabolic acidosis", something you don't want. Beta-Alanine delays the build up, allowing you to fire out more reps before you fatigue.

If you want more in depth, it sort of is a pH buffer to your muscles. It will balance the H+ ions which cause you to fatigue, allowing you to work out harder and longer.

No doubt this supports lean mass gains.

When you take take this as many know, you feel an intense tingling sensation throughout your body.

For a tub of 500grams, this stuff lasts forever and is awesome. I add 2g to my pre-workout drink (Jack3d, glutamine, Purple Wraath) and another 2 post-workout. On off days I take 2g in the morning with a shake.

It is tasteless. Not even a grainy texture. You will have no idea you laced a drink with it. It looks very similar to sugar, crystallized, white powder. It lasted me about 6 months and I used it all the time.

I definitely noticed gains in strength as well as lean mass visually. For the price and a bottomless tub, I don't see why not.

January 9, 2010

Pros:
               Cons:
              • Extremely Cheap
              • Worth Every Penny
              • Tasteless
                I recently finished up a 500g tub of this. All I have to say is this stuff is phenomenal. Recent research shows that Beta Alanine plays a huge role in increasing carnosine levels, which Ultimately leads to increased muscle endurance and lean mass gains. Let's go into the specifics:
                -Taste: It's both tasteless and odorless, so you can add it to protein shakes, Creatine Powders, or even a bottle of water than you sip on during the day.
                -Side Effects: Paresthesia (the tingling sensation) is the only side effect. It's completely harmless and I personally enjoy the feeling.
                -Results: The results of this supplement do not come overnight. It's just like using protein--the results are very slow and steady, but they are definitely there. I really did not realize how much this product improved my endurance levels until I stopped taking it. It's definitely one of those supplements that is taken for granted until you run out, as its absence from your system is definitely noticed.
                -Overall: A terrific product that is a steal (I paid $20 for 250 servings) in terms of price. Will definitely help you to steadily increase your endurance levels and add lean mass and strength.
                -Dosing protocol: Take 6g per day spread out throughout the day everday for three weeks in order to saturate the muscles (loading phase). After that, you can cut down to 3g per day. On lifting days, I take 1g in the moring with a whey shake, then I take Muscle Pharm's Assault pre-workout (it has 3g Beta Alanine), and then I take 2g of Beta Alanine post-workout with 2 scoops of whey. On non-lifting days, I simply take 2g in the morning with whey protein and 2g in the evening with another shake.