Fiber Crispy Snack Bar Reviews

By: Premier Nutrition

Fiber Crispy Snack Bar is a Protein Bar manufactured by Premier Nutrition. It is a quick, conveinient source of protein and commonly used as a meal replacement. The additional protein can help increase muscle mass as well as promote fat loss.

Overall
Overall
  December 28, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Great Tasting
  • Soy Protein

Hello SR! I'm here with another protein bar review. I think some would probably notice that I love me some protein bars ... It's my treat for all the hard work I put in at the gym. I like to reward myself few hours after lunch with a bar so that I can keep feeling full and that eat like a maniac when dinner comes around. I noticed these bars at Sam's club and what triggered my interest is the fiber content. The amount of protein is nothing to sneeze at either ... So hell why not ... Oh and lastly when I noticed it had chocolate mint flavor I said "JACKPOT" ...

The ingredient profile varies based on the flavor ... I have attached the profile based on each flavor to this review for your pleasure.
Mainly it has 15 grams of protein and 7 grams of fiber. All the other numbers look ok compering to other bars out there. The one thing that I hate about Premier protein bars is that they primarily use Soy protein isolate in their protein blend. It's cheap to make but unfortunately at a price of your health. I personally don't like it but love the bar ... I figured that one bar a day with 15 grams of protein hopefully won't be a cause for concern. Although I will look at other alternatives that have a better protein blend that does not include soy.

I really enjoyed these crisp bars. I got the variety pack and it came with my personal favorite Chocolate mint, my second best peanut butter caramel and lastly cookies 'n cream. I enjoyed them all ... I like how it was different than a standard bar by being really crispy instead of that sandy standard. The chocolate mint had a good chocolate flavor with a strong hint of mint from the creamy part. Same goes for peanut butter which was my wife's favorite bar. The cookies 'n cream wasn't my most favorite but my wife had no problem eating those as well.

What would you like to hear from me about the protein bar? Did it keep my DOMS down .. I highly doubt it. Did it help me get strong and big ... very little in that area. Did it help me sit longer at the toilet to come up with these reviews ... absolutely. I was more inclined to buy these bars for their fiber content than the protein. Especially since the protein content is not from a reputable source. Overall I liked these bars a lot because they did tend to keep me full for a while and they satisfied my sweet tooth.

I paid at Sam's club 14$ for 18 bars ... which comes down to 78 cents a bar. That's pretty cheap if you ask me. The only thing is that you get what you pay for in the way of protein. The source of fiber in this product is from inulin which I don't think is bad ... I'm not going to give it a huge value because the protein is cheap to make.

Side Effects

More frequent visits to the bathroom.

Conclusion

I like this bar but I'm going to see if there are more "healthier" alternatives. I'm really not a fan of soy protein. I know that it's there so that the price is low and the company is competitive against other brands. Also, their aim is probably to the lower income classes that are more concerned for the price and not availability. I'm not sure if that is bad or not ... I guess you get what you pay for. I do like the taste of these bars a lot ... my wife really like the peanut butter caramel and the cookies 'n cream ... I guess to her it doesn't really matter what is the source of protein since she really didn't care much for it either way. I still like these bars for their fiber offering and would recommend to anyone that also feels that he needs to supplement fiber. I want to thank you for reading this and wish you a happy new year 2018!
  • Peanut Butter Caramel: 9/10