Epitest has been reported as discontinued.

Check out the top-ranked products in Growth Enhancers > Prohormones

Epitest Reviews

By: Powerlab Nutrition

Growth Enhancers > Prohormones
Epitest is a Prohormone manufactured by Powerlab Nutrition. It is a synthetic version of hormones or hormone precursors that increase muscle strength, size and stamina, and can additionally aid in fat loss.

Epitest has been reported as discontinued.

Check out the top-ranked products in Growth Enhancers > Prohormones

Overall
Overall
  April 19, 2012

Alright, first of all, I would like to thank beakington1 and saveonsupplements.com for the opportunity to run this cycle. They were nice enough to send me 2 bottles of Powerlab Epitest and 1 bottle of Powerlab Liver Clean, and it is much appreciated. I have some criticisms and some praises for this product, so let's get to it.

...........Product Breakdown.................

Epitest is a combination of two methylated compounds. Epistane(2a,3a-epithio-17a-methyl-5a-androstan-17b-ol) dosed at 15mg per serving(pill) and Halotest(4-chloro-17a-methyl-andro-4-ene-3,17b-diol) dosed at 20mg per serving(pill). The other two ingredients are Bioperiene and Vanadyl Sulfate which are part of Powerlabs patented Absorbtech delivery system.
Epistane is best known for dry, lean gains and is best used for a lean bulk or recomp. This compound is in most cases not a first time pro-hormone. It is best dosed between 30-60mg/day.
Halotest, which I will refer to as P-Mag for the rest of the review so as not to have anyone confuse it with H-Drol, is a good starter pro-hormone due to it being one of the milder methylated compounds and producing steady size and strength gains. It is best dosed at 50-100mg/day.
Both of these compounds do not aromatize, so estrogen related problems are not really a worry on cycle, but because this stuff will definitely shut you down, a SERM during PCT is a must. Going without is just plain dumb.
Each bottle contains 60 capsules, and two bottles will be needed to run most cycles. The bottle directs to take 2 capsules per day for 8 weeks. My personal feeling is that it is irresponsible for a company to suggest 8 weeks of any methylated compound, let alone two methyls. Many of us know 8 weeks is too long, but I feel the manufacturer should direct with more caution. A 90 capsule bottle with a 6 week cycle length would be more appropriate.
My initial opinion on dosing was that the product was not dosed correctly to get optimum results from the two compounds. Instead of 15/20mg(Epi/P-Mag), it should, in my opinion be 15/25mg or even 10/20mg.

.........What The Cycle Looked Like..........

Epitest:(Epi/P-Mag)
(30/40)(45/60)(45/60)(45/60)(60/80)(60/80)
*evenly spaced doses throughout the day

Support Products:

Torem- (120/90/60/30)
D-pol- 3 per day starting last wk of cycle
Recycle- 4 per day
Lean Xtreme- 3 per day

Diet: Somewhat of a recomp diet with high protein and carbs on the lower side. I'm not one to log my diets, but I like to think I have a pretty good handle on it, and ate fairly clean

...........Effectiveness(7/10)...............

Epitest, like many pro-hormones, did not make itself known until about week 3- 3 1/2. I did notice some mild strength increases during this time, and I put on probably a pound or two. Also, my muscles were definitely feeling more dense throughout the whole day. I started to get the familiar feelings of dried out joints, and some mild back pumps. I also experienced some lethargy, but only when I would be sitting for extended times. I am very mobile during the work day, so it never really got to me that bad. I knew to expect these sides, so I pushed on to find the sweet spot of this stuff. I found it approximately week 4 1/2. At this point I had put on about 4 pounds total and strength increases were very noticeable. From week 4 1/2 to the end of week 6 I was able put on another 3 pounds for a total of 7 lbs gained. I went from 183 to 190, and looked like I was in amazing shape. I'm guessing, but I would say I lost about 2%+ in BF. I'm not one to max out on lifts, not to mention that it would have finished off my joints, but most of my lifts went up about 10-15%. For example, on flat BB bench, I went from 225 x 5, to 225 x 10. So, overall I am very pleased with the results, but they are very similar to what I have gotten while on Epistane only. This makes me think that I was never really getting the full benefits of the P-Mag. This is why 8 is the best I can do in this category.

..............Sides(4/10)....................
*a lower number is less sides

Although the sides I experienced were all expected in this cycle, and never really slowed me down, they were definitely noticeable. Maybe it's because I'm 33, but the joint pain can be a bit of a nuisance with this. I have experienced it before, but it's very hard to combat. The back pumps were mild as well was the lethargy. And my BP, the few times I checked was just fine. No headaches and sleep was okay. I did have some testicular atrophy, but not too bad, and thanks to the Perform, lost no libido.

..............Value(9/10)....................

The value on Epitest is pretty good. If you shop around you could find 2 bottles for just under $100. To run a similar cycle, buying each compound individually(1 Epistane, 2 P-Mag) will run about the same. So, if you like the dosing and ease of these two compounds being in one pill, this is great.

..............Overall(8/10)..................

As I stated, I really enjoyed the end results with Epitest, and would absolutely purchase another Powerlab pro-hormone. So, I would recommend it, however, if I wanted to do the same cycle, I think I would purchase the compounds separately due to the dosing issue that I feel is a slight problem. I do also feel like this is a very versatile product in that by adjusting your macros you can get results tailored to your personal goal. So here's to another cycle in the books, and to my boys going back to normal.

Thanks for reading- SoCal

• SoCalLivin
    April 19, 2012

Sorry guys, had it in more paragraphs, but obviously didn't show up that way.

• beakington1
    April 19, 2012

Glad you liked the Epitest. Good detailed review man. PM me in a few months if you want to review another Powerlab product.

• thinisin
    April 19, 2012

Even though you got the same results on epi alone, you have to remember every cycle will be less effective because of your androgen receptors. Unless you add compounds or bump the dose up. If that were the case, everyone would have no need for more powerful compounds/the need to stack more together. And people would be gaining a constant 20 lbs on test alone...lol

• SoCalLivin
    April 19, 2012

^^^Very good points, but I don't think that applies to me in this instance, due to the fact that this is by far my strongest cycle to date. I have never stacked two compounds and never been above a 50mg dose of Epi until this cycle. I do believe that the P-Mag is slightly under dosed and if I had a choice would run 50mg of Epi and 100mg of P-Mag the last two weeks. But, I do completely agree with your comment.