Powerful Drink Reviews

By: Powerful

Overall
Overall

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Tastes Great
  • Clean Profile
  • Volume Discount Not Currently Available

Powerful is a brand relatively new to me. They make snack bites, yogurts, and a few other health-forward foodstuffs. Their "Powerful Drink" is a milk and Greek yogurt based protein RTD with a clean profile and a surprisingly good taste.

I found my first Powerful Drink tucked away in a corner of the yogurt section of Walmart on rollback. I figured that 20g of protein from milk and yogurt is definitely worth the $1.32 if it's clean and tasty. Well damn it boys, it is. If you've never heard of them, like me before stumbling upon this gem, they have several food items and even apparel, and customizable subscriptions as well. I've tried Vanilla Maple and Chocolate flavors. The price has since returned to the regular $1.68 per-bottle, but I'm hooked. They're too tasty and easy.

-Chocolate-
Filtered Water
Nonfat Ultra-Filtered Milk
Greek Yogurt

Contains less than 2% of the following ingredients:

Organic sugar
Cocoa (processed with alkali)
Calcium Caseinate

Calcium:50mg
Iron:2mg
Vitamin A:2%
Vitamin C:2%

If they ain't listed, they ain't in there.

I liked the chocolate more than the vanilla maple, but they were both very good. I've never had chocolate flavored Greek yogurt, so it was a hard one to imagine before trying it. The closest taste I can compare it to is the outer layer of a Knoppers Wafer. I know those aren't the most popular, but a few of you may get the idea. It's not very strong, so it's great for my breakfasts.

The vanilla maple is less vanilla and more maple to my palate. I'm not the biggest fan of vanilla, so this is probably why it works for me. It tastes creamier, and has a stronger milky after-taste than the chocolate. By no means am I saying this is a sub-par flavor. I simply love chocolate.

The metallic bottles give you 20g of protein in a 12oz RTD, which the lid suggests shaking. I've forgotten to shake them a few times and honestly couldn't tell one bit of difference.

They go down smoothly and haven't gotten tiresome at all yet. I'm sure if I could get a hold on some their other products, I'd be able to add to my rotation and quite possibly never tire of them. They give no bloat or GI issues, and sit lightly enough on the stomach for activity afterward.

I don't mind paying $1.68 since it's RTD and I'm really paying for the convenience. The only problem is that their volume subscription discount function doesn't seem to be working. It's hard to give a really good value assessment until they solve this problem, because it's clear that they understand that you should save if you're buying a 6 or 12 pack, and save even more if you auto-ship on a weekly, bi-weekly, or monthly basis.

Conclusion

I love these. I'll definitely be reaching out the them to see if they're interested in participating here on SR, because I'm sure you guys would like them as well!
  • Chocolate: 8/10
  • Vanilla Maple: 7/10

• dmf8625
    August 27, 2018

What are the "snake bites" that they make mentioned in the quick summary section?

• TheVenom