OptiDreams Reviews

By: Platinum Labs

Overall
Overall
Thanks to Platinum Labs for sending it out!
  November 26, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Better Sleep
  • Enhanced Recovery
  • No Prop Blends
  • Knock Out Sleep
  • Diuretic May Cause Nighttime Interruption
  • Hard Time Finding It

(About yourself, 1-3 sentences maximum)
Just your standard military guy trying to stay in it, now that I am not a spring chicken anymore. Been slaying away at the 4 horseman workout and sleep is important since that routine is killer. I am always trying to maximize my efforts and find products that will assist in that journey. Whether it be for energy or recovery.

So OptiDreams has a transparent label which is awesome, because when it comes to products that you are taking for sleep, you want to know exactly what you are putting in your body so you can mitigate any possible side effects or bad reactions. With that being said, lets look at what is in each dose.

Vitamin D3 as cholecalciferol: 1000IU
This is what I call a take for granted vitamin. You really do not know how important it is, until you are not getting enough of this. I know first hand after living in the Midwest my whole life then moving to the Pacific Northwest where if it is not dark and raining, then something is wrong. A lack of D3 can cause sleep issues and make you feel like you have little to no energy. It can even cause symptoms of depression.

Phenibut: 750mg
This ingredient is known for its ability to reduce stress and create a calming effect. This is ideal if you are looking for a product help you unwind from your day. Half the battle of being able to go to sleep, is being relaxed enough to do so. This will not happen if you are not calm and have a lot of stress in your life. Phenibut can help aid in both.

N Acetyl-L-Carnitine: 500mg
While Carnitine might provide some sleep qualities, I do believe that OptiDreams has it in this product for the fat burning qualities. Carnitine plays a critical role in energy production. It transports long-chain fatty acids into the mitochondria so they can be oxidized ("burned") to produce energy. It also transports the toxic compounds generated out of this cellular organelle to prevent their accumulation. Given these key functions, carnitine is concentrated in tissues like skeletal and cardiac muscle that utilize fatty acids as a dietary fuel.

Lotus Leaf PE 10:1: 300mg
This is the second ingredient that this product contains to help reduce fat and or burn fat. Results show that lotus leaf slows the absorption of fat and carbohydrates, increases energy expenditure and accelerates lipid metabolism. Lotus leaf also prevents the increase of body weight.

L-Theanine: 250mg
L Theanine works to quiet the mind, slow down racing thoughts, and prepare it to drift off into a deep and peaceful sleep. L Theanine has also been scientifically shown to reduce the edgy or jittery effects from caffeine. So if you are wondering how to counteract or neutralize the effects of caffeine, L Theanine can be a great antidote.

Dandelion Root Extract 4:1: 200mg
Is is great natural ingredient to help shed water weight. By increasing the volume and frequency of urination, dandelion is often used to shed water weight and also to reduce blood pressure. This is the most common use of dandelion in traditional medicine. As a diuretic, dandelion extract spares potassium (because it contains potassium, it increases the body's store of the mineral). This is beneficial because it increases the amount of potassium in the body over sodium.

Valerian Root Powder: 180mg
Much like melatonin, Valerian root is another natural sleep aid. Studies show that valerian extract may cause GABA to be released from brain nerve endings and then block GABA from being taken back into nerve cells. In addition, valerian's valerenic acid inhibits an enzyme that destroys GABA, another way that valerian can improve your GABA levels and promote a great night's rest. Scientists have found that valerian root increases the amount of a chemical called gamma aminobutyric acid (GABA) in the brain. GABA helps regulate nerve cells and calms anxiety. Drugs such as alprazolam (Xanax) and diazepam (Valium) also work by increasing the amount of GABA in the brain. So as you can see, if used properly, valerian can be a very potent ingredient in sleep aid.

Green Tea Extract 70% catechins, 40%EGCG: 100mg
green tea has been shown to activate the body's thermogenic fat-burning activity, and significantly increase your resting metabolic rate which is essential to fat burning.

Raspberry Ketone Powder 99%: 100mg
Raspberry ketones cause the fat within cells to be broken down more effectively, helping the body burn fat faster. They are also increase levels of adiponectin, a hormone that helps to regulate metabolism.

Hops: 50mg
Hops is the plant that is best known as an ingredient in beer. Like valerian, hops also been used for hundreds of years as an herbal medicine to treat sleep problems as well as anxiety, irritability, excitability, and restlessness. Like valerian, hops has a long history of being used to help improve sleep. Scientific research shows that hops, with its natural sedative effects, can increase sleep time. Hops also helps to lower body temperature-falling core body temperature is one important physiological step toward sleep. Hops has also been shown to reinforce the body's daily bio rhythms of rest and activity. Hops appears to work most effectively for sleep when it is used in conjunction with valerian.

Taste gets a 7/10. The flavor that showed up was Australian Summer. I am not sure what to think about this flavor since I have not been to Australia, or been there in the summer to taste it. The best way I can describe the flavor is peach tea with a hint of mango. By no means is it gross, but it is different. There is a slight herbal taste, but I kind of expect it with the amount of herbs that are in it.

Mixability was ok. I would use about 10-12oz of water per scoop, shake the hell out of it and then let it sit for about 10 minutes. Upon the initial shaking, it would foam up significantly, but after I let it rest the foam would die down. A quick swirl before I drank, was all it needed from that point on. Dosing is also straight forward. 1 scoop is what they recommend, although they do not tell you how much liquid you should use.

So I will be completely honest in saying that I have sleep issues. I can not calm down at night, and if I go to sleep, rarely will I stay asleep. I usually take 10mg of melatonin and a clinical dose of magnesium every night just to get some sleep. While taking this product, I was skeptical that it would work, but I am glad that I was wrong. Upon drinking it I never really felt super tired, but I did feel relaxed. The relaxed feeling translated to next thing I know I am waking up to my alarm and its time to get up. Normally when I sleep like that, the night seems very short and I am very tired. This was not the case. The night might have felt short, but I was well rested so the ingredients that are in this for sleep definitely do the job and get high praises from me.

The other purpose of this product is the fat burning. So again being completely honest, I did not see a change in what numbers showed up on the scale. bottom line, this did not make me lose weight. HOWEVER....when I would get up in the morning and go to the bathroom and get ready for the gym, overall my core, arms, chest, and legs looked leaner and tighter. Even if I didn't lose any weight I will gladly take the definition and appeared leanness that I gained while taking this.

So I have found this product listed on several sites with several different price points but most say its out of stock. The only site that is currently in stock is Platinum labs website, and given that the product has a fancy new design, I venture to say there was either a re-branding of the product or an ingredient change leading to the hard time of finding it. With that being said their site listed it for $34.99 aka $35.00 and at 30 servings that is $1.16 a serving which is not terrible considering all of the beneficial ingredients you are getting in one serving.

Side Effects

The only side effects that I experienced with this, was the strong possibility of peeing the bed, which can cause you to wake up in the middle of the night creating interrupted sleep, and if you did get woken up in the middle of the night, you were out of your mind hungover from sleep.

Conclusion

Overall, I would buy this again. Even if I was not chasing the weight loss aspect I would buy this for sleep aid alone. I would probably go a different flavor, but that is just me. I enjoy sleep, and will always look for the best product possible to achieve that, and I feel like Platinum Labs nailed it with this one.
  • Australian Summer: 7/10