OptiDreams Reviews

By: Platinum Labs

Growth Enhancers > Nighttime Sleep Formulas
OptiDreams is a Nighttime Sleep Formula manufactured by Platinum Labs. It is designed to be used before bed time. It promotes restful sleep, increases REM sleep and helps the body attain an optimal state for muscle recovery and growth.

December 13, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Better Sleep
  • Sleep Hangovers

Whats up SR, I chose to review this product because as someone who has night owl tendencies but wakes up very early to train (4:30am), I need something that can help put me down and keep me down during those restless nights. My training is currently hypertrophy style workouts in the mornings, although as winter arrives I am starting to focus on heavy compound lifts. At night I either train Muay Thai or Boxing, the boxing class runs late (not home until around 10:15pm at the earliest), and seeing as it is an intense workout or sparring session, I have trouble falling asleep. Thanks to Platinum Labs and the trooper program for sending this out!

The profile on this product is fully disclosed which is a major plus, but there are quite a few ingredients, for both sleep boosting/ aid as well as fat loss. So im only going to touch on the key ingredients and dosages for both of those points. I'll attach the full profile below.

Sleep Aid:

N-Aceytl L- Carnitine- 500mg
Raspberry ketones - 100mg
Green tea Extract - 100mg
Dandelion Root Extract - 200mg

Overall a solid formula, clearly as this is a sleep aid all of the fat loss ingredients are non stim.

The flavour I received was the "Aussie Summer" flavour, wow was this ever nice to drink, tasted kind of like an Arnold Palmer style drink to me, very easy to take down before bed. Mixability was great, no floaters or sinkers. Dosage is a scoop before bed, but I did experiment with a range of dosages.

This is what really matters? Does this work? Well the answer is yes, but almost too well? I know that sounds ridiculous, but read the warning label carefully about making sure you have enough time to get a solid number of hours in bed. This put me on my back and kept me there. I was out cold the entire night while on this product, no tossing and turning, slept fantastic. However with that came a sleep hangover and a few snooze button hits, thats why this is almost too effective. On weekdays this was kind of tough because I would go to bed late and have to be up early, but on the weekends when I could sleep in this was amazing, I slept great and woke up feeling fantastic and refreshed. Be very careful when you dose this product, towards the end of the tub i did try messing around with a half scoop, and found this to be a perfect week day dosage, as the sleep hangover wasn't bad at all and I was able to get a good rest in. In terms of helping you fall asleep this was very effective as well, coming home late from boxing and being tired physically but mentally very alert this was able to help me gear down and I was asleep before I knew it, which I loved.

As for the fat burning I am not totally sure how to review it, yes I did lose weight while taking this product, but I was also in a caloric deficit and was working out like a mad man. So while yes Im sure this product did help me lose some pounds, i cant say to what extent any loss is due to OptiDreams. I would take this product as a sleep aid and not a fat loss supplement, any fat loss is just a bonus.

This product comes in at a price point of $34.99 for 30 servings, placing it at just over $1 per serving ($1.16), but if you can manage off a half serving like I learned towards the end then the value doubles, making it a great deal as an effective sleep aid.

Side Effects

Bad sleep hangovers, makes you want to hit the snooze button, so make sure you have a good amount of time in bed, or else you may be missing some alarms.

Also weird dreams, nothing nightmare like, but very abnormal dreams, this isn't a negative side effect, but something to note.

Conclusion

Overall this product is a very powerful sleep aid, one that isn't to be messed with, be careful and start with a low dose and work up to find what works for you. As a fat loss product I cant say that this would be a great stand alone product, so take this as a sleep aid and any other benefits (i.s fat loss) as the cherry on top. I would recommend this to anyone who has troubles falling or staying asleep, but make sure you tread carefully with dosing or risk facing a gnarly and groggy morning commute to work when you're late.
  • Australian Summer: 9/10

December 12, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Better Sleep
  • Sleep Hangovers
Gone are the days in high school when I would spend the whole night without waking up even once, allowing me to more effectively function on less sleep. Now, I more or less sleep the same amount but spend all night waking up, tossing and turning like a mad man. This is where I felt Optidreams could step in and fill a hole, so let's go over how I felt it worked for me.

Platinum Labs touts this product as "a next generation supplement that combines a calming, deep-sleep aid with a non-stimulant fat-burning complex. We've included ingredients to lower anxiety and stress while lifting your mood. OptiDreams encourages a better night's sleep from which you will wake up feeling rested, energized, and ready to be phenomenal".

The sleep support portion of this product is highlighted by 750mg of Phenibut and 180mg of Valerian Root, while the stimulant free fat burning portion includes ingredients such as 100mg of both Raspberry Ketones and Green Tea Extract.

A lot of people are pretty bullish on Phenibut as it can be pretty strong and potentially habit forming, but I feel the 750mg inclusion was an acceptable amount and never once felt I needed to take this in order to fall asleep.

As far as the fat burning goes...I'm not a believer in Raspberry Ketones and Green Tea Extract for me is just so so. Most of the other fat burning aspects are pixie dusted a long with these, but I only claimed this for better sleep. Anything else would have just been a bonus.

Overall, this is a profile that looks like it should help support a restful night of sleep.

Platinum Labs sent me Optidreams in their Australian Summer flavor. This reminded me a bit of a toned down version of a Pina Colada and it was pretty tasty. A nice little treat to have before bed some nights.

Dosing was very easy: Just one scoop approximately 30 minutes before bed is how I used this.

Mixed with no issues. Good job all around here.

8.5/10

Optidreams was a very good sleep aid. Shortly after taking this, I would start to feel a little groggy and heavy in the head, letting me know that I should probably put head to pillow soon.

My biggest issue is staying asleep once I get there, so in terms of that, Optidreams was great. I'd wake up some mornings having a hard time remembering when I even went to sleep because it went by so quickly. There was one small problem with this, which I'll go over shortly.

8.5/10

Available through Platinum Labs website for $34.99, Optidreams is $1.16 per serving and a worthy investment for anyone who needs some help like I did in staying asleep for the entire night.

Side Effects

So this gave me some slight sleep hangovers at times. I felt almost drunk some mornings after taking this, but after about an hour awake and a nice dose of caffeine, I would start to come around. Just beware for anyone who has a problem with these types of side effects.

Overall

8.5/10

I'd highly recommend anyone looking for more restful sleep give Optidreams a chance
  • Australian Summer: 8/10

November 26, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Better Sleep
  • Diuretic May Cause Nighttime Interruption
  • Hard Time Finding It

(About yourself, 1-3 sentences maximum)
Just your standard military guy trying to stay in it, now that I am not a spring chicken anymore. Been slaying away at the 4 horseman workout and sleep is important since that routine is killer. I am always trying to maximize my efforts and find products that will assist in that journey. Whether it be for energy or recovery.

So OptiDreams has a transparent label which is awesome, because when it comes to products that you are taking for sleep, you want to know exactly what you are putting in your body so you can mitigate any possible side effects or bad reactions. With that being said, lets look at what is in each dose.

Vitamin D3 as cholecalciferol: 1000IU
This is what I call a take for granted vitamin. You really do not know how important it is, until you are not getting enough of this. I know first hand after living in the Midwest my whole life then moving to the Pacific Northwest where if it is not dark and raining, then something is wrong. A lack of D3 can cause sleep issues and make you feel like you have little to no energy. It can even cause symptoms of depression.

Phenibut: 750mg
This ingredient is known for its ability to reduce stress and create a calming effect. This is ideal if you are looking for a product help you unwind from your day. Half the battle of being able to go to sleep, is being relaxed enough to do so. This will not happen if you are not calm and have a lot of stress in your life. Phenibut can help aid in both.

N Acetyl-L-Carnitine: 500mg
While Carnitine might provide some sleep qualities, I do believe that OptiDreams has it in this product for the fat burning qualities. Carnitine plays a critical role in energy production. It transports long-chain fatty acids into the mitochondria so they can be oxidized ("burned") to produce energy. It also transports the toxic compounds generated out of this cellular organelle to prevent their accumulation. Given these key functions, carnitine is concentrated in tissues like skeletal and cardiac muscle that utilize fatty acids as a dietary fuel.

Lotus Leaf PE 10:1: 300mg
This is the second ingredient that this product contains to help reduce fat and or burn fat. Results show that lotus leaf slows the absorption of fat and carbohydrates, increases energy expenditure and accelerates lipid metabolism. Lotus leaf also prevents the increase of body weight.

L-Theanine: 250mg
L Theanine works to quiet the mind, slow down racing thoughts, and prepare it to drift off into a deep and peaceful sleep. L Theanine has also been scientifically shown to reduce the edgy or jittery effects from caffeine. So if you are wondering how to counteract or neutralize the effects of caffeine, L Theanine can be a great antidote.

Dandelion Root Extract 4:1: 200mg
Is is great natural ingredient to help shed water weight. By increasing the volume and frequency of urination, dandelion is often used to shed water weight and also to reduce blood pressure. This is the most common use of dandelion in traditional medicine. As a diuretic, dandelion extract spares potassium (because it contains potassium, it increases the body's store of the mineral). This is beneficial because it increases the amount of potassium in the body over sodium.

Valerian Root Powder: 180mg
Much like melatonin, Valerian root is another natural sleep aid. Studies show that valerian extract may cause GABA to be released from brain nerve endings and then block GABA from being taken back into nerve cells. In addition, valerian's valerenic acid inhibits an enzyme that destroys GABA, another way that valerian can improve your GABA levels and promote a great night's rest. Scientists have found that valerian root increases the amount of a chemical called gamma aminobutyric acid (GABA) in the brain. GABA helps regulate nerve cells and calms anxiety. Drugs such as alprazolam (Xanax) and diazepam (Valium) also work by increasing the amount of GABA in the brain. So as you can see, if used properly, valerian can be a very potent ingredient in sleep aid.

Green Tea Extract 70% catechins, 40%EGCG: 100mg
green tea has been shown to activate the body's thermogenic fat-burning activity, and significantly increase your resting metabolic rate which is essential to fat burning.

Raspberry Ketone Powder 99%: 100mg
Raspberry ketones cause the fat within cells to be broken down more effectively, helping the body burn fat faster. They are also increase levels of adiponectin, a hormone that helps to regulate metabolism.

Hops: 50mg
Hops is the plant that is best known as an ingredient in beer. Like valerian, hops also been used for hundreds of years as an herbal medicine to treat sleep problems as well as anxiety, irritability, excitability, and restlessness. Like valerian, hops has a long history of being used to help improve sleep. Scientific research shows that hops, with its natural sedative effects, can increase sleep time. Hops also helps to lower body temperature-falling core body temperature is one important physiological step toward sleep. Hops has also been shown to reinforce the body's daily bio rhythms of rest and activity. Hops appears to work most effectively for sleep when it is used in conjunction with valerian.

Taste gets a 7/10. The flavor that showed up was Australian Summer. I am not sure what to think about this flavor since I have not been to Australia, or been there in the summer to taste it. The best way I can describe the flavor is peach tea with a hint of mango. By no means is it gross, but it is different. There is a slight herbal taste, but I kind of expect it with the amount of herbs that are in it.

Mixability was ok. I would use about 10-12oz of water per scoop, shake the hell out of it and then let it sit for about 10 minutes. Upon the initial shaking, it would foam up significantly, but after I let it rest the foam would die down. A quick swirl before I drank, was all it needed from that point on. Dosing is also straight forward. 1 scoop is what they recommend, although they do not tell you how much liquid you should use.

So I will be completely honest in saying that I have sleep issues. I can not calm down at night, and if I go to sleep, rarely will I stay asleep. I usually take 10mg of melatonin and a clinical dose of magnesium every night just to get some sleep. While taking this product, I was skeptical that it would work, but I am glad that I was wrong. Upon drinking it I never really felt super tired, but I did feel relaxed. The relaxed feeling translated to next thing I know I am waking up to my alarm and its time to get up. Normally when I sleep like that, the night seems very short and I am very tired. This was not the case. The night might have felt short, but I was well rested so the ingredients that are in this for sleep definitely do the job and get high praises from me.

The other purpose of this product is the fat burning. So again being completely honest, I did not see a change in what numbers showed up on the scale. bottom line, this did not make me lose weight. HOWEVER....when I would get up in the morning and go to the bathroom and get ready for the gym, overall my core, arms, chest, and legs looked leaner and tighter. Even if I didn't lose any weight I will gladly take the definition and appeared leanness that I gained while taking this.

So I have found this product listed on several sites with several different price points but most say its out of stock. The only site that is currently in stock is Platinum labs website, and given that the product has a fancy new design, I venture to say there was either a re-branding of the product or an ingredient change leading to the hard time of finding it. With that being said their site listed it for $34.99 aka $35.00 and at 30 servings that is $1.16 a serving which is not terrible considering all of the beneficial ingredients you are getting in one serving.

Side Effects

The only side effects that I experienced with this, was the strong possibility of peeing the bed, which can cause you to wake up in the middle of the night creating interrupted sleep, and if you did get woken up in the middle of the night, you were out of your mind hungover from sleep.

Conclusion

Overall, I would buy this again. Even if I was not chasing the weight loss aspect I would buy this for sleep aid alone. I would probably go a different flavor, but that is just me. I enjoy sleep, and will always look for the best product possible to achieve that, and I feel like Platinum Labs nailed it with this one.
  • Australian Summer: 7/10

November 19, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Better Sleep
  • No Grogginess
  • No Knockout Ability

(About yourself, 1-3 sentences maximum)
I am very versed in nighttime, sleep support supplements. I have taking many over the years and I would say that they are the most important supplements in my regime. I have two young children at home and need to wake up quite early to train. Some days, I do not go to bed until late and need the extra support to not only fall asleep faster and to stay asleep, but also to wake up recovered and refreshed in order to train hard and hit another long day ahead. When I use sleep support support supplements, I look for aid in falling asleep, staying asleep, morning recovery with no grogginess and a refreshed feeling. If I could find a supplement that can do all of that, I would never let it go. That being said, I had high hopes for OptiDreams as it promises an advanced nighttime formula, a wake up to a better body and a restful night sleep.

calories: 12
Carbs: 3

Vitamin D3 as cholecalciferol: 1000IU
-A deficiency in Vitamin D leads to sleep disorders. It can have negative impacts on the amount and quality of sleep one gets, which in turn effects the mood upon waking.

Phenibut: 750mg
-It is a powerful stress reducer. It stimulates GABA receptors to promote sleep as is passes the blood, brain barrier. It also improved neurological functions. Many users speak of relaxing effects. It provides deeper, better, and more restful sleep. There can be a dependency related to phenibut, so it is encouraged to not use it every day.

N Acetyl-L-Carnitine: 500mg
-Although controversial, some studies have found that L-Carnitine has sleep improving qualities, especially in those suffering from breathing problems while asleep.

Lotus Leaf PE 10:1: 300mg
-It is said to have a calming, relaxing, almost sedative effect. It helps with anxiety and creates a peaceful feeling.

L-Theanine: 250mg
-It is known to improve the quality of one's sleep. It works to quiet the mind and slow down racing thoughts. It reduces edgy or glittery effects from caffeine.

Dandelion Root Extract 4:1: 200mg
-It is naturally used to reduce stress, leading to a better quality of sleep.

Valerian Root Powder: 180mg
-It is used for sleep disorders, especially insomnia. With the right ingredients, like hops, it can be used to cause drowsiness. It is also used to treat anxiety and depression.

Green Tea Extract 70% catechins, 40%EGCG: 100mg
-Studies find that green tea extract makes the brain less susceptible to oxygen loss, which leads to sleep disorders. It can help fight stress and damage caused by oxygen loss, which is why it is included here.

Raspberry Ketone Powder 99%: 100mg
-Usually associated with weight loss(although very controversial), I have not found any information as to why it is included here in this sleep supplement. If anyone has the answer, I would love to know.

Hops: 50mg
-When combined with Valerian, is has sleep aiding effects. Together, they combine to increase the quality of sleep and improve the overall sleep experience

Taste: I want to start off by saying that I have tasted some pretty funky night time supplements in the past. Some were even very hard to get down. The orange mango flavour from Platinum Labs was very good by comparison to others. It actually tastes as promised, with a slight chemical taste. This is usually expected from these types of supplements. I would rate it as a 6 overall in flavour and an 8 in the nighttime support formulas.

Mixability: This was a non issue. I never had any difficulty mixing it. It never gave me any graininess or settled at the bottom. it didn't foam and worked well with a couple of shakes.

Dosing: At 6.5 grams, it is said to provide 30 full servings. I do not have scale that measure in point grams and found that each scoop provided 6g on my scale. That being said, once I finished the tub, I realized that there were only about 27-28 serving in the container. This tells me that each scoop probably weighed a little more that 6.5g. If you are wanting a perfect dose, you may consider getting an accurate scale to the decimals. It didn't really bother me much though.

In terms of effectiveness, I would say that this product performed above average for me. It is not the best I have used, but it is far from the worst.

Knock out ability: This is by far my favourite aspect of sleep support supplements. I love the feeling of needing to get to a pillow before passing out where I am. With that being said, I did not find OptiDreams very effective in this department. Never once while taking the product did I feel like I was getting tired or going to fall asleep. My eyes never felt heavy and sure as heck didn't feel a need to lie down. What I did get in this department however was a sense of calmness and relaxation. This was only present though, if I were to lie down between 30-45 minutes after taking the product. Any earlier, or later, and the effect was not present. I did help clear the mind of thought, helping me fall asleep, but not much faster than usual. 5/10

Ability to stay asleep or to get back to sleep: In this area, I found that it worked quite well. I usually wake once a night to use the washroom, at that didn't change at all throughout my use of this product. When I did wake though, I found it pretty easy to get back to sleep. In fact, I hardly felt awake at all. It was more like my body just knew what to do and my mind was still in bed. 8/10

Morning recovery/grogginess/refreshness: I have to say that it was ok in this area. I have used a lot of products that really led to the grogginess, making it extremely hard to get going in the morning. That is probably do to the fact that many products use melatonin. OptiDream does not. That leads to a pretty clear wake up, helping you get ready to go faster. I liked that about this product. in terms of recovery, I don't find that it provided much in that area, although it is not really one of the promised effects. refreshness was ok since there was no grogginess present. That being said, I wouldn't say that I felt more refreshed than I would have had I not taken the product. 7/10

Overall, I'd say that it is a pretty decent option to help with the sleep process. It is not going to knock you out, but you will not notice any negative effects from it either. 7/10

At the time of writing this review, I could not find OptiDreams listed on any retailer's site, including Amazon. The only place I could find it was on Platinums Labs' own website for $34.99. The label and design on the site is slightly different, leading me to believe that it has been rebranded and that is the reason I could not find it. Either way, $34.99 is a pretty good price for a sleep supplement as it is not uncommon for competitors to be listed well above $50. Therefore I would say that the value is pretty good and I would not have any issue paying that for this product.

Side Effects

I did not experience any side effects with this product, which in my mind makes it better than most in this category.

--Conclusion----
I believe that OptiDreams is a solid sleep support supplements. Like I stated earlier, it is not the best out there, and would not be my first choice. However, it is far from the worst I have tried and at $34.99, it is a pretty good deal. If you are looking to switch up your nighttime routine, you may want to give this a try.
  • Australian Summer: 6/10

November 4, 2016

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Better Sleep
  • Enhanced Recovery
  • No Prop Blends
    It has been sometime but here is a review LONG over due. The product is opti-dream, well more like opti-coma. I normally don't buy into sleep aids other then melatonin and Benadryl but this stuff was intense. I have used products like ZMA and resurrect also some others but none stack up to this. let me explain my thought in this review.

Taste 8/10

The flavor is peach tea and I normally hate peach especially artificial peach it is normally way too sweet. This was quiet the opposite it was the right amount of sweet and tart used to train at night so I would add this to my post workout to try to unwind and was stella. I always enjoyed pounding it back almost like a treat. I can't say enough about this flavor try it you'll see.

Effectiveness 8/10

One word to explain this product, WOW! this stuff at 1.5 scoops is enough to knock my fat ass out for 8hrs and wake up foggy. we all know the best time to recover is in deep REM sleep and this product gets you there quickly and keeps you there all night. as I stated in the taste portion I mixed this post work out and driving home I could feel it kicking in as soon as I pulled into my driveway almost 20mins after consumption. after an hour work out and max dosed pre workouts this could sooth my body and get me ready for bed which is a tall task to say the least.

I'm a huge fan of consistence and if a product can only deliver the goods half of the time it is not worth my time or money. Opti-dream delivered every time at the same dosage with out question! I love the fact there was no altering the dose the, only setback was the sleep hangovers it left in its wake. hell this product could make dinner with the in-laws fun just slip it in their drinks and presto they fall fast asleep! Great work and product platinum labs!!

--- Content 8/10 -----

When a company uses a fully disclosed label they already have my vote! everything used in this promotes restful night sleeps and recovery there is little filler other then the flavoring which uses maltodextrin and sucralose which cause some simple carbs but only 3g worth. the rest of the compounds look well dosed and work very well together.

Value 8/10

for 29.99 you can have the absolute best sleep of your life from an over the counter product. you cant beat it you can truly stretch this out to 40+ servings. you can't beat these results and the consistency of the product was far superior to anything I have used in the past.

Overall this is an amazingly good tasting product that delivers the goods every time with out fail. The content if fully disclosed but has some simple carbs in it. the price is great no complaints at all. I strongly suggest buying this product

-k-
    • Peach Iced Tea: 8/10

September 7, 2016

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Better Sleep
    • Enhanced Recovery
    • Diuretic May Cause Nighttime Interruption
    Optidreams is another product from Platinum labs, some of the others from them I just did not fair well with but this one I did enjoy for the most part.
    This one is aimed as a sleep aid , and Fat burning? Yea I did not get that either at first but I thought about it and I have taken some supplements that did seem to have overnight success for me.

Profile.
    Not a bad setup, Some things are nicely done here. Also they have a few things I thought was immediately different and cool to throw in.
    One I am guessing for the diuretic effect was the Dandelion Root Extract 4:1. I personally know a few guys that swear buy this ingredient and they stay shredded year round. Not sure about it myself but I did think that was nice to add in. I think this may have been the reason I would have to wake up like a zombie and pee in the middle of the night. Others would be the Phenibut, Hops, and Theanine for the sleep aid portion . I like Phenibut and feel it works well. A few addition to this I feel may have caused some unwanted side effects was the addition of Green Tea Extract. This works good for me as a energy booster and I feel on some nights I would take this and start to chill out and then all the sudden boom, WIDE AWAKE.
    I would like to see this done without all that in it.

Taste
    I had peachy tea and after trying two others products from them I was worried to try this one. Ended up being not bad. Actually started to look forward to drinking it.

Effectiveness 7
    Now this is not bad. But let me explain why it was a touch lower. There was several nights this would actually wake me and I would never get to sleep or one of those nights where you are so close to actual sleep you just never get there. I would wake up stressed and exhausted. Most of the other nights it was some of the best sleeps I have gotten. Now except for that dang diuretic they added in this. I would be sleeping so freaking good and have to wake up and pee . But like I said, when it was on par, it was truly on par with me. Take it, lay down talk with wife, get tired fast and boom it was morning. A few time I would have a slight hangover in the morning but after I got used to the product those seemed to disappear.

Pretty basic pricing here, seems almost everything we review turns out to be close to a one dollar a serving. But this is a sleep and not recommended to take every night, nor would I want to do that anyway. Now most places this runs for 39.00. Now no way would I pay that much for it. I did see it on suppz.com and tfsupplements for 29.00. Now that is where you want to go. Also I started this at 1/2 dose and worked well at that for me so that adds to the savings there. I know for a fact I got more that 30 servings out of my tub.

Overall 8
    Platinum labs did pretty good with this one for me. I would like to see some things taken out of this one and see how that works. I feel some of the cons would be gone and this would be a home run for me then.
    • Peach Iced Tea: 8/10

Overall
    Overall
    6.7
    6.9
    6.3
      August 21, 2016

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Better Sleep
    • Vivid Dreams At Times

Over the past couple of months, I've had the opportunity to use a lot of Platinum Labs products and been on a Platinum Labs stack of late. I'll be reviewing quite a few of their products over the next couple of days so I apologize if it seems as if I'm flooding the review page as I catch up on reviews. First up is their sleep aid OptiDreams. Like many of you, i work a lot, have a lot of stress, and add that to a workout routine a good nights rest is mandatory to see progress in the gym and meet fitness goals. I've used many, from simple melatonin to Mass HGH and PowerFULL aimed at us looking for increased strength and recovery. I was on a cut while taking this, and the claims of this being a sleep aid with fat burning properties sounded enticing. Let's see how it stacked up.

A mixture of some well known ingredients with some lesser known ones aimed at several goals. The supplement facts are attached, and as you can see we have some ingredients aimed for sleep and relaxation with Phenibut, Theanine, Valerian Root, and hops. A newer ingredient I have been seeing a lot more recently is the Lotus Leaf or Nelumbo Nucifera. All of these ingredients are aimed at giving a more restful sleep, more REM sleep, which in turn is supposed to increase GH levels and muscle recovery. All of these ingredients, especially the Phenibut, seemed to be very well dosed. There have been some studies about Phenibut, the more potent form of GABA, to be habit forming which might be concerning to some. Personally I have used other supplements with Phenibut and have had no problems.

Then OptiDreams gives us some ingredients that are non stim fat burning ingredients, with Green Tea and Carnitine. I personally love both of those ingredients for fat burning, but at 100 mg and 500 mg they seemed very under dosed to see real results on their own. Also there's raspberry ketones, which the science on is questionable. Either way, a pretty nice profile to provide restful sleep which we all need. I looked forward to using it.

I was worried, I got the the iced peach tea flavor. I hate tea. Luckily, this tasted more peach than tea and it was ok to drink. Still didn't look forward to it however. Average at best. Mixability was a bit of an issue, some definite foaming and had to remix and swirl some. Dosing is standard at one scoop 30 min before bed, pretty easy.

I had a mixed bag of effectiveness. What I look for in a sleep aid is something that helps me get to sleep faster, have a deeper sleep, increased recovery, and no hangover. I didn't feel this got me to sleep faster, still laid in bed for awhile waiting to get to sleep, I've had better results with other products in that area. Once I did get to sleep however, it was a very nice sleep. Definitely had extended REM sleep with some of the crazier dreams. Upon waking, I did have a bit of a hangover, and didn't want to get up. Once up and in the shower though it did seem to pass and was ready to go for the day. Just didn't wake up and get that instantly refreshed feeling. Muscle recovery was good, but my diet was good as well, and I didn't notice that much of an increased GH levels with improved skin, leaning out, etc.

As far as the fat burning goes, i did lose some weight while taking this in conjunction with their fat burner OptiBurn. I seriously doubt the dosages of the fat burning properties in this can help you a great deal on their own, but when added in conjunction to another fat burner and of course great diet it might help. I just wouldn't by this for the fat burning properties alone.

For 30 full servings, this is expensive as the cheapest I can find at moment is $40. You may want to cycle this if you're worried about the Phenibut, in a 5 day on 2 day off method like other sleep aids, which would help the value as it would last over a month that way. Still, at this price point I would hesitate to buy again unless on sale because of my mixed effectiveness.

Side Effects

Little bit of a sleep hangover.

Conclusion

I did receive some quality sleep, but just didn't see the other benefits I look for in a great sleep aid, especially at this price point.

August 6, 2016

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Better Sleep
    • Enhanced Recovery
    • Vivid Dreams At Times
    • No Prop Blends

Before I start I want to thank Platinum Labs for participating the SR Troop Program. This is my second Platinum Labs review, I didn't see the results I wanted with Defcon 1. Lets see if OptiDreams met my expectations helping me with a good nights rest. During the duration of the review I was training 5-6 days a week while on a strict diet.

Claims:
      - Advanced Non Stimulant Night Time Formula
      - Wake up to a Better Body
      - Calmative Ingredients Assure a Restful Night Sleep

The ingredient profile is fully disclosed - Optidreams Night Time Sleep Aid & Metabolic Boosting Blend contains 9 main ingredients. Some of the highlighted ingredients include: Acetyl L-Carnitine 500mg, Nelumba Nucifera 300mg and Valerian Root 180mg. I'll go over some of the other ingredients:

Lotus Leaf PE 10:1 (Nelumba Nucifera) - as been used for summer heat syndrome as home remedy in Japan and China, and it has recently been used to treat obesity in China. The report concludes Nelumba Nucifera is beneficial for the suppression of obesity. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16495025

Dandelion Root Extract 4:1 (Taraxacum Officinale) - Extensively employed as a diuretic in traditional folk medicine and in modern phytotherapy in Europe, Asia, and the Americas. According to their research T. officinale shows promise as a diuretic in humans. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19678785

Taste - I received the Peach Tea flavor which is 1 of 2 flavors available. This is real real close to the actual flavor of Peach Tea. Overall I give taste a 9/10

Mixability - There were no issues with mixability in regards to clumping or settlement. After a few seconds of shaking the powder dissolved right away. Mixability 10/10

Dosing - The dosing protocol is pretty easy to follow: Mix 1 scoop with desired amount of water right before going to bed. Dosing 10/10

I'm basing the effectiveness of OptiDreams mainly for the sleep aid. I can't say I really noticed much in regards to the metabolic boosting properties. In terms of sleep and recovery this worked wonders for me. It didn't make me tired right away but I had was knocked out when I did sleep, this was really helpful since I've had a lot of sleepless nights recently. In there mornings I woke up refreshed without any kind of grogginess and during the day I had much more energy feeling recovered.

You can find 30 serving tubs of OptiDreams for around $30. In my mind - $1 for a restful nights sleep is worth it to me, although I didn't really notice any fat burning I must say I had some of the best sleep I've had in a while. Now there are some cheaper options available like straight up Melantonin supplements however they aren't quite as effective as OptiDreams.

Side Effects

Had some really freaky dreams

Conclusion

In conclusion I was really impressed with the quality sleep and recovery I had using OptiDreams. I'd definitely recommend using this supplement if you have a hard time sleeping at night. The ingredients are backed scientifically and the dosages seem to be good. Once again I want to thank Platinum Labs for giving me the opportunity to review OptiDreams.
      • Peach Iced Tea: 9/10

February 14, 2016

Pros:
       Cons:
      • Better Sleep
      • Enhanced Recovery
      • No Prop Blends

I have mixed feelings towards this profile. For fat loss I like seeing Acetyl L-Carnitine and Green Tea Extract but I seriously doubt the effectiveness of raspberry ketones and nelumbo nucifera. Additionally, I would like to see higher doses of Acetyl L-Carnitine and Green Tea Extract. Dandelion Root is also included and I found it effective at this dose. Finally, for sleep aid there is Phenibut, Hops, and Theanine. While I'm not really sure if any of those are properly dosed, it didn't seem to matter as I experienced nice, restorative sleep. The only thing that is a real cause for concern is Phenibut, as some people have questioned its legality and suggest avoiding it. I wound up deciding to try it as I was looking for an alternative to melatonin. Overall, the ingredients seemed to work well but I felt like this could have been better if they replaced things like raspberry ketones.

I received the peach iced tea flavor and it was amazing. It honestly tasted like a snapple peach tea. I found that the flavoring was really strong and remained strong in about 20 oz of water. A few times I noticed a speck or two at the bottom of the shaker cup, but for the most part OptiDreams mixed up pretty well. There was also a little foam but it was nothing too serious. My biggest complaint in this section is that there were little to no instructions on when to take the supplement and in how much water. That being said, I took it with varying amounts of water and before bed on training days. If that wasn't a problem, I would have given this a 8.5/10, with the only deduction for mixability and light foam.

8.3/10
        This section was a bit difficult to rate since Platinum Labs made claims of improved sleep and fat loss. In the sleep category, I think this product was absolutely amazing. I tried to get about 8 hours like suggested and I found myself waking up just a few minutes before my alarm every morning. Normally this is really annoying but these times were different. I was waking up feeling completely rested and rejuvenated. Honestly, this was some of the best sleep I've had. I didn't experience the dreaded sleep hangovers/grogginess that some supplements can give you so that was great. If I was just evaluating sleep claims I would have to give this product somewhere in the 9-10 range. Unfortunately, I have to evaluate fat loss claims as well. I experienced very minimal fat loss effects. I was also using alphamine and focused on weight loss so it is a bit difficult to say I experienced any weight loss due to an one product. The only change in my routine, however, was adding OptiDreams and I didn't have any standout effects. I definitely felt and looked drier though, which I attribute to the Dandelion Root. That is perhaps the saving grace of the weight loss part of this product. If I was only rating the fat loss effects I'd give about a 6, but I was a little more generous with a 6.75 due to the Dandelion Root. After averaging the two scores and weighting the sleep effectiveness a bit more, I came to a 8.3 rating.

I found this for about $26 on Muscle&Strength which isn't too bad. That's probably about $30 with shipping and tax. I think a dollar a serving is a fair price, especially for such great sleep. The weak fat loss effects cause me to give this a 7 for value though because for $30 there are similar products that don't have useless ingredients like raspberry ketones. If it wasn't for that I'd give this an 8/10 but I do mind paying for things that don't work.

Side Effects

I didn't experience any side effects.

Conclusion

8.3/10
        Overall, I really liked this product and would definitely recommend it to anyone looking for improved sleep. I wouldn't, however, recommend this for any sort of night time fat loss. While there are some things that I think need work, like instructions and fat loss ingredients, I gave this product a 8.3 because of the great sleep. This is a bit higher than the 7.8 that averaging each category gives, but I gave a little extra weight to the effectiveness of the sleep aid ingredients since this is a sleep aid first.

January 28, 2016

Pros:
         Cons:
        • Better Sleep
        • Enhanced Recovery
        • Vivid Dreams At Times
        • No Prop Blends

(Background info on yourself, diet, experience, goals, first thoughts on the product and how you discovered SR)
          A big thanks to Platinum Labs for their support of the SR Troops program. I was really excited to try optidreams because I've only tired one other sleep aid and the results were not that great so I wanted to give it another try. Optidreams claims to be a non-stimulant formula and that you will wake up to a better body. Let's see how optidreams does with my sleep.

(Your thoughts on the ingredients/label of the product)
          This Ingredient profile is great with this product it is a fully disclosed label. But the three main ones that are listed are 500mg of N-Acetyl L-Carnitine. The bottom line is that ALC may support improved energy and endurance in physical performance. ALC represents a substance, which is a high energy storage compound. Research has surmised that ALC may increase the amount of ATP produced in the body for energy. Next you Nelumba Nucifera Seed Extract at 300mg Used for thousands of years throughout Asia to treat many ailments. It's been clinically proven in recent times to treat obesity. Then you have Valerian Root Extract at 180mg it has been incorporated in many different medications for its abilities to induce a sedative effect and sleep which makes it a great cure for those dealing with tension, headache, heart palpitations, or insomnia. You also have phenibut at 750mg phenibut is a nootropic commonly taken for its calming effect. It is a derivative of the inhibitory neurotransmitter GABA, but with an extra phenyl ring which allows it to pass the blood-brain barrier more easily. Phenibut has been shown to: protect against stress, reduce severity of brain injuries.

I had asked for the blackberry lemonade but instead they sent peach tea which tasted really freaking good. It was like drinking crystal light pretty great stuff. The dosing was to start off with a scoop first the work your way up to a full scoop of it. I would that one full scoop did a perfect job.

Optidreams is no joke this was amazing stuff to take it worked like a charm. Working in retail or any job really you tend to work weird hours. Working a whole foods there are some weeks where you have to close which is usually 10:30p or 11pm then be back at work by 7am the next day it's a total blast I really encourage everyone to try it. When you get home it's pretty much impossible to fall asleep right away. This is where optidreams comes in the picture because you might have set four alarms so you don't over sleep but at least you are getting a few hours of quality sleep. It's really hard to shut you mind off knowing that you have to be up in five or six hours. But the beauty of optidreams once you take it yea its lights out when you head hit's the pillow. I also felt more refreshed when I got out of bed there was no groggy feeling the next day.

On the platinum labs website a 30 servings of optidreams is 49.99 which is a 1.66 per serving.

Side Effects

Conclusion

If you are looking for a great sleep aid that really works while making sure you get a quality nights rest the optidreams is for you. This was an amazing product and I will definitely be buying again.
          • Peach Iced Tea: 10/10