Essentials Agmatine Reviews

By: Platinum Labs

Pre-Workout > Pump
Essentials Agmatine is a Pump Product manufactured by Platinum Labs. It is meant to increase blood flow, muscle pumps and increase vascularity. It can be stacked with a stimulant based pre-workout for an added stimulant effect. This promotes an environment for increased muscle mass and fat loss.

Overall
Thanks to Platinum Labs for sending it out!
  September 11, 2016

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Great Pump
  • Swole Effect
  • Makes You Look Fuller
  • Not As Cheap

Been working out since 2004, got my diet on check in 2009, started using supplements to supplement my diet. My dieting and supplementation got better after I was deployed and I truly saw the difference. I try to research every supplement and ingredient before I put it in my body. I'm just reviewing what works and doesn't work for my body personally.

Agmatine - 750mg per serving.
100 servings container.

So I received this tub back in mid-July thanks to platinum labs letting us users give it a try for an honest review. I used my whole tub and I'm finally doing my review.

From what I read Agmatine has a lot of benefits but the 2 I thought was more important/interesting was that it increases the Nitric Oxide giving me that pump that Arnold Schwarzenegger talked about in Pumping Iron and Anti-Oxidants which are always a plus!

Didn't really taste like anything when mixed alone with water, to be honest.

Mixed fine by itself and with other supplements as well.

I started with the recommended dosage of 750mg for the first two weeks.
Went up to 1g for week 3 and 4.
Killed off the bottle with 1.5g a day.

I'm not fairly new to agmatine but I used to keep my dosage to 750mg to 1g because I also love L-Citrulline, 6g to be more exact. But I cut off the Citrulline this time because I didn't have any and because I wanted to feel the full power of Agmatine alone for pumps.

At 750mg, I would start to feel the pumps around the second or so exercise. By the time I got home after a 15 minute ride home, the pumps were gone.

At 1 gram, I would start feeling the pumps on my first exercise. Awesome feeling and it was also a great motivator for me, it was like something in my head made me go "Pump is here early, let's destroy this workout so this pumps is here to stay!" I remember reading on Arnold Schwarzenegger's book that he would work out and imagine his muscles getting so big and expanding that it would take over the room and what not. That is what I would do as soon as my pump kicked. I know weird as hell but it worked for me lol. Pump lasted a little bit longer after my workout then before, probably like 30 to 45 minutes..?

At 1.5g this was sick! I always start by grabbing a pair of either 5 or 10 pound dumbells and doing exercises such as raises, presses, curls, just things to help me loosen up a bit before I do warm up set, and just by doing the 4-4 tempo with a squeeze at the top I was already feeling the pump. Every rep made me feel a lot more pumped. Needless to say on biceps days I thought they were going to rip lol. Crazy feeling! I felt a lot fuller and my gym partner said I did look fuller as well. Pump lasted a lot longer as well after my workout was done. DEFINITELY a great feeling! Kinda reminded me of back in the day when I was using Nitrix from BSN and I was swallowing those horse pills 3x a day and that was keeping me pumped all day long lol.

Platinum Labs sells it for $33. Muscle and Strength sells it for $30.
If you use only 1 scoop a day this will last you a LONG TIME! But if you go up in the dosage it won't last that long.
So is $30 worth 100 servings? That will depend on how long you want to feel your pumps for. I personally do not make that much money so if I was to buy this I would stick to 1 serving of 750mg a day and a few grams of L-Citrulline for a bigger pump and a longer tub.
In a perfect world, this tub would cost $20 and I would stock up and praise how amazing this is priced.

Side Effects

Had 2 workouts where the pump was so much that I had to cut my workout short LOL. Not sure if that is a side effect but hey, just warning you if you take more then 750mg a day and working out hard. My chest I could barely do any flys that day, I think I only did 1 exercise for flys. And my arms were done! Felt like I had Sergio Oliva/Arnold Schwarzenegger Arms with the bicep/tricep supersets I was doing. I could barely curl the weight all the way up cuz I was pumped. So pumped that it kinda hurt! I'm not blaming this on the PL Agmatine but just thought I would note it here.

Conclusion

Agmatine rocks. Short and simple. It WILL give you amazing pumps and make you look/feel fuller. I didn't get any veins popping but agmatine is known for it as well. If you find Platinum Lab's Agmatine on sale for cheap, get it and let me know about it so I can get it as well. I mentioned before where I used Agmatine with L-Citrulline in the past and its a sick combo, try the two together as well you will have amazing workouts.
Thank you SR and Platinum Labs.

Overall
Thanks to Platinum Labs for sending it out!
  July 29, 2016

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Great Pump
  • Vascularity
  • Swole Effect

A special thanks to Platinum Labs for their continued support here on Sr.com. Today, I discuss a product of their "essentials" series. I will be talking about my experience with their agmatine sulfate. Agmatine sulfate has been around for as long as we can remember an since then it has become a prime staple in many supplement regimens. It is also seen very often in other products as an added ingredient; mostly pre workouts and pump products. It's got plenty of benefits, so how does Platinum Lab's agmatine stand up?

One prime ingredient:

Agmatine at 750mg per serving.

By now, we supp junkies should know what agmatine is and what benefits it provides. It is a by-product of arginine created through a chemical process called decarboxylation. Agmatine is sometimes referred to as "super arginine", which I would guess comes from the fact that many consider it a more potent and effective form of arginine.

Agmatine has more than a handful of benefits including:

Increased Nitric Oxide Synthesis (Its prime purpose)
    Can Increase Growth Hormone
    Can increase testosterone via LH and FSH
    Improve insulin production and potentially sensitivity
    Anti-oxidant properties.

The "holy grail of supplements"? You be the judge....

The powder is fine and unflavored. It mixes very well whether alone or as an additive to another product.

For most users I've seen the dosing sweet spot be around 1.5-3g. Me, I like a minimum of 2g a day split. At a 750mg dose though, this can't be exact. So with this product, I would add two scoops to my pre workout and then take an additional scoop sometime before bed. This would total three scoops and a dosage of 2,250mg.

As I mentioned in the ingredient section, most if not all of us use agmatine sulfate primarily for the pump benefits. The other benefits are of course welcomed, but there is no way to gauge those benefits really without blood work.

So as such, for me it was all about analyzing whether this product delivered that pump feel. Needless to say, at my preferred dosage, it hit the target perfectly. I saw increased vascularity everywhere and the swole feel was great. Every muscle was fuller and more pumped with each rep and even after the conclusion of a set, the swole effect remained strong and consistent.

Unless you regard the random prices you may see on ebay, Platinum labs agmatine sells for about 33 dollars a tub. For a total of 100 servings and adequately dosed serving sizes, I'd say this is a good investment, but it would be wise to be on the look out for sales and deals.

Side Effects

Conclusion

Straight up, if you like agmatine sulfate, Platinum Labs essential series has got a product just for you. This pure agmatine will give you plenty of pump and vascularity provided of course you're hitting the weights hard and often. Be sure your dosing enough of it though, and don't hesitate to add it to other products, as most do anyway.

WARMACHINE OUT!!!