(Better than 3% in Pre-Workout > Pump)

PRICES (2)
(30 sv) - [$0.77/sv]

Amazon

Black Ops is a Pump Product manufactured by Platinum Labs. It is meant to increase blood flow, muscle pumps and increase vascularity. It can be stacked with a stimulant based pre-workout for an added stimulant effect. This promotes an environment for increased muscle mass and fat loss.

Pre-Workout > Pump

December 7, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Good Pumps
  • Low Doses

Whats up SR, I chose to review this product because the idea of pump formula that came with the added mental focus agents was very appealing to me. I train hypertrophy style workouts early in the morning but as the weather gets colder I am slowly shifting to a powerbuilding style of training. Shout out to Platinum Labs and the Trooper Program for hooking me up

Right out of the gate I see that the ingredient panel is fully disclosed, that is a big check mark right away in my books. The profile is relatively simple, I'll attach it below but here are some of the key ingredients:

Nitrosigine - 1g - Nitric oxide booster
Agmatine Sulfate - 500mg - Muscle Pumps
HydroMax (Glycerol) - 500mg - Muscle volumizer
GPLC - 500mg - Mental Focus
Choline Bitartrate - 500mg - Mental Focus

Okay so right off the bat we see that the main pump ingredients are under dosed, which isn't a great sign. At a two scoop serving that brings the dosing of key ingredients much closer to or at clinical range.

I chose the unflavoured version of this product so I could mix it with a stimulant based pre workout (Defcon1 by Platinum Labs), so flavour was not a factor for me. This didn't alter the taste of the pre workouts either, it did slightly change the texture, but not enough to be a negative note. Mixability was great, mixed well in a blender bottle. Dosing is one scoop before a workout, I used both a one scoop and a two scoop serving. One issue however was that as this contains Glycerol, clumping in the bottle was a major issue. I dont mind this personally as it means the dosing of glycerol is present, but something to keep in mind that you may have to take the time to break clumps apart before grabbing a serving.

Now to what really matters, does the stuff actually work? Yes, but I'll break that down into different categories and at will explain the differences between one and two scoops.

Pumps/ Muscle volume - the pumps were average at best on Black Ops in the one scoop serving, my workouts often have very high volume sets on smaller muscle groups (Arms, Shoulders) so I am used to getting a pump regardless of taking a supplement or not. This did add to the pumps slightly, but not enough to blow me away. However at a two scoop serving the increase in pumps was much more noticeable and I found myself getting a pump faster during my workout then on a single scoop.

Vascularity - This was by far the best part of this supplement for me. At a two scoop serving my vascularity became very prominent, especially on my arm workouts, I was having veins pop out of places I didn't even know existed. At a one scoop serving there was also a notable increase in vascularity, but as previously stated this was much better at two scoops. As a normally non vascular person I was very impressed with this

Mental Focus - this was a tough one for me a gauge, seeing as how I took this with a pre workout that also had mental focus ingredients, it was hard to tell where the benefits really came from. So I did run this product on its own for a few workouts and I can say I did see a slight increase in my focus and a slight tunnel vision effect, at two scoops this was very noticeable and I found myself locked into my workout.

This product has an above average value to make up for its under dosing, I have seen it on amazon as low as $22, making this well under $1 per serving, however at a two scoop serving the value does decrease as the effectiveness increases. At the end of the day this is an "add on" supplement, if you get a good deal its worth it to try.

Side Effects

Conclusion

In conclusion, while I did enjoy my training on this product in particular the increases in vascularity and mental focus. The under dosing of key ingredients does knock it down a few notches. Also factoring in the decent price point, this is something I would recommend giving a try if you can get a deal on it and I would stack it with a stimulant based pre workout. This is a fantastic addition to a pre workout stack, I just wish they had upped the dosages so I could stick to a single scoop.

Overall
Overall
6.3
  December 2, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Good Pumps
  • Low Doses
I've been familiar with Platinum Labs ever since they released their highly talked about Defcon1 was released, but hadn't gotten the pleasure of trying one of their products until now. Black Ops is their stimulant free pump product designed to improve blood flow and give us the pumps we chase after in the gym. Let's see how it stacks up!

In the interest of keeping it real, I'm just going to come out and say that I like everything that Platinum Labs has included in Black Ops, but that every single thing should be at least double the dosage. As I've stated, Agmatine is my absolute favorite pump ingredient and I respond very well to it, but I'd like to see at least 1g rather than the 500mg included. 500mg of Glycerol and Nitrosogine is basically nothing, so these could also stand to doubled at the very least. Conversely, if this were a 60 serving container, I'd understand. Yet, there's only 30 servings, so if you want to double up each time then you'd be done with this in 2 weeks, which isn't long enough in my opinion.

I received the Grape flavor of Black Ops. I'm not s fan of grape in any way, shape or form when it comes to supplements, but for what it is, it wasn't bad. If you're a fan of grape, you'd probably like this is all I can really say.

This powder was very clumpy and chalky due to the nature of the ingredients used, so be aware of this if that's something that bothers you.

6.5/10

I used one scoop, a heaping scoop and also went up to 2 scoops throughout my use of Black Ops. Does it work at 1 scoop? It does, but only marginally. Does it work at 2 scoops? Definitely. I had some very full pumps when using 2 scoops of this and my vascularity was higher than usual. Black Ops fell into the pitfall that I see a lot of other supplements do: Half the doses but the same amount of scoops per container. I'd like to see Platinum Labs switch this up.

Actually saw a few of these on eBay for $20. This is cheap, but considering that I used 2 scoops to really get this to work well, that brings us to over $1 per use and that's just too expensive for me. I'd rather spend my money on other pump products that have higher doses of ingredients.

Side Effects

Conclusion

6.3/10

Black Ops would be best served as a luxury addition to a pre-workout that already provides good pumps on its own rather than a standalone stimulant free option. I have a feeling that Platinum Labs designed it to be taken in tandem with one of their pre-workouts such as Defcon1. I enjoyed taking Black Ops, but there's too many factors working against it for me to consider running it on my own.
  • Grape: 6/10

4.5
  November 26, 2017

Cons:

A special thanks to Platinum Labs for their participation here on SR.com. Today, I discuss their pump/stim free workout product Black Ops. The coveted pump is always something we meatheads love to experience both inside and outside of the gym. There are both training methods and supplements that can aid with that. I've taken plenty of pump products ranging from complex to simple bulk products like agmatine sulfate. The vascularity and fullness are always a great feeling especially during high volume sets.

Each serving provides 50mg of niacin, L-taurine at 1g, Nitrosigine at 500mg, agmatine sulfate at 500mg, hydromax at 500mg, GPLC at 500mg, and choline bitartrate at 500mg.

These ingredients are all well known by now. Nitrosigine, l-taurine, and agmatine sulfate all [play a role by increasing in increasing nitric oxide production which we all know is the prime precursor for the actual "pump".

Niacin is involved in the production of growth hormones and can enhance pump as well by improving circulation. Niacin itself has some good benefits to brain function and cardio health.

Hyrdomax (glycerol) helps saturate muscle cells, giving the swole feel associated with pumps.

GPLC and choline provide nootropic benefits and improve focus.

I received the berry blast flavor. It wasn't too bad, but not something I would look forward to drinking regularly. It had an unpleasant bitter sweet aftertaste and chalky consistency.

Despite the consistency, it did manage to mix well without any undissolved material.

To help the product last, I stuck to only using one scoop about 15 minutes pre workout. I took it a little closer to workout time because I didn't want to combine it at the same time of another stim containing pre workout supplement. During the last few days, I tried two scoops within the same time range. On non-training days I would a scoop sometime in the early afternoon. I mixed it with water or a sports drink.

Focusing on the product's main area of efficacy, the pump, most of my rating will be based on that.

I can say that even with two scoops, the product fell drastically short. Any pump I did experience, even with high volume movements, was slight and barely noticeable at best. I did not get any significant muscle fullness, swole feeling, or vascularity that I would consider reputable. I very minor pumps I did struggle to feel were diminished rather quickly in my workout.

I did feel a niacin flush, so I guess I can equate that the niacin seemed to have some effect, but this is a pump product not a primary niacin supplement. Focus seemed a bit improved, but not to the extent of primary nootropic I've used.

Energy was pretty much unaffected. I didn't feel any additional consistent energy outside of any I was already experiecning

The cheapest price I found was on Amazon for 22.99. May seem cheap for 30 servings, but considering the near complete miss in effectiveness, I wouldn't say this product is worth even that price.

Side Effects

none outside the niacin flush feel

Conclusion

There are many pump products out there that deliver, but Black Ops is simply not one I would recommend. I would recommend simple bulk agmatine sulfate over this to be honest. The lack of pump or anything really, would advise me that Platinum Labs may want to go back to the drawing boards with this one, but they do have some good products outside of this one, so no need to bash on them. Overall, look elsewhere if you want a good pump product.
    • Berry Blast: 5/10

Overall
    Overall
    4.5
    5.2
    3.3
      November 22, 2017

Cons:

Shout out Platinum Labs and SR for another supp. Review! I was cycling off pre-workouts so I wanted to give this BlackOps a try to get some increased pumps in the gym!

Platinum Labs BlackOps is fully disclosed with no prop blend. 50mg of Niacin, 1000mg of L-Taurine, 500mg of nitrosigine/Agmatine sulfate/Hydromax/GPLC/Choline Bitartrate. Nitrosigine boost NO levels, Agmatine stimulates protein synthesis, Hydromax claims to keep you hydrated, GPLC is supposed to aid in the blow flow to allow increased absorption and choline is supposed to help you stay focused.

Serving size is 1 scoop 20-30 minutes prior to your workout. It hit me fast, so I only took it about 10 minutes before I went to the gym. It can be used on its own or mixed in with your preworkout. As I stated above, I was cycling off my pre so I took this stand alone. I received the Berry blast flavor. It mixed up great, no clumps or grit when drinking, but the taste was not that great. Had a slight chalky taste left in my mouth afterwards.

As for effectiveness, I could definitely feel the niacin workign. This is why I had to wait to take it until 10 minutes before my workout rather than the 20-30 because my face and neck would become extremely warm and red almost like a rash on my neck. As soon as I started lifting it would go away but I only let that happen a few times. I only felt a minimal boost while taking this, but nothing out of the ordinary.

The cheapest I could find this was on jet.com for $38. For basically an add-in to your pre, at $38 it is waste of money.

Side Effects

As I stated above, the sides I experienced was somewhat of a rash look on my neck if I did not get to working out quickly after taking this. Other than that, I did not experience any other sides.

Conclusion

In conclusion, I was really excited about trying this product but was greatly let down. I would not recommend this product to anyone, especially after seeing the high price tag.